Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestions for future versions of IA
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2
rbeverjr
QUOTE(bulian @ Apr 11 2019, 08:59 PM) *
I think when an enemy can do >80 damage in a non-critical hit (web and hardwood golems can do up to 94 damage on a hit, ultra golems can do up to 74), critical hit protection is required. At least for me it is. If you want to move critical hit protection from helms onto rings or some other piece of equipment from ioun stones, that's fine, but those items need to be accessible in Ch 3.

Personally, I'm fine with it being the way it was in early bg2 (all head slot items). I think critto has already made it that way, and that is why I am in search for that new file (because I am too lazy to edit things myself when someone already has). smile.gif

My reply above was to simply remind that neither ioun stone, helmet, nor armor alone could be expected to realistically protect from criticals. A person in full plate armor (covered from head to toe with armor) and magically protected from criticals as per an enchantment on said armor - now that makes sense. That's probably more trouble than it is worth to code. So, making the game rules like they were in the original BG2 is fine by me; I am in total agreement with bulian in that I want crit protection. In general (not always), I prefer changes to the rule set to make it more like DnD or leave it like the original BG2.
critto
Personally, I'm fine with it being the way it was in early bg2 (all head slot items). I think critto has already made it that way, and that is why I am in search for that new file (because I am too lazy to edit things myself when someone already has).

It would be easier to download the whole package, uninstall, replace the ImprovedAnvil folder and install anew than to look for specific files.
david77
To the topic, maybe randomise the enemies somehow.

Eg torgal has greater yutis or some type of golems or improved spiders. Don't know if its possible of course smile.gif
critto
Not impossible, of course, but needs to be implemented and tested.
Dequ
Adding too much random factors = Planned tactic might not work, because you just had bad luck. There is already random factors in many things like rolls etc. I believe myself that true tactician should relay on consistency and polished strategy to work intended way than 30 reloads because bad luck.
rbeverjr
I think the that racial combat is interesting from a strategic standpoint, but I think this kit is weak compared to other kits available. I suggest beefing up the Protector.

As the game favors rangers with extra items and quests, having an alternative to vagrant would be nice. I know the swan army is wicked powerful, but I want my hero to be wicked powerful himself without summons. That's why I skipped all the extra quests and equipment available for ranger protagonist and played a riskbreaker protagonist once.

Although personally, I detest how squishy the riskbreaker is early on. As I recall, I spent a good deal of coin on potions with him. I know a few tricks to keep his health, but am curious what your favorite tactic is to prolong the life of your low level riskbreaker...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.