The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Rjali NPC
Pages: 1, 2
Seewead
Edit: SOLVED

Concerning: Rjali Version 8.0

Description: Install-process aborted with errors

Here the abstract of my setup-rjali.debug:

"WeiDU v 24000 Log

Setup-rjali.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 2 3 --logapp
[.\chitin.key] loaded, 875812 bytes
[.\chitin.key] 187 BIFFs, 62160 resources
[.\engine.lua] loaded, 104 bytes
[.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
[.\lang\de_de\dialog.tlk] 164087 string entries
[.\lang\de_de\dialogf.tlk] 164087 string entries
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[Rjali/Languages/English/setup.tra] has 373 translation strings

[mega-long wall of text]

[BRJFAY.DLG] loaded
[./override/BG#TYRIS.DLG] loaded, 52305 bytes
[BG#TYRIS.DLG] loaded
[./override/BRJFAY25.DLG] loaded, 9110 bytes
[BRJFAY25.DLG] loaded

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [BG#TYS25.DLG] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [Rjali/Dialogue/SOA/RJTYRI/RJBFAY.d]: Failure("resource [BG#TYS25.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Rjali Romance Mod (BG2EE:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nullset], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [Rjali/Backup/3/OTHER.3]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "Rjali/Backup/3/OTHER.3")
Will uninstall 976 files for [RJALI/SETUP-RJALI.TP2] component 3.
Restoring backed-up [Rjali/Backup/3/GTIMES.IDS]

[wall of text - restoring]

Uninstalled 976 files for [RJALI/SETUP-RJALI.TP2] component 3.
Unable to Unlink [Rjali/Backup/3/READLN.3]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "Rjali/Backup/3/READLN.3")
Unable to Unlink [Rjali/Backup/3/READLN.3.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "Rjali/Backup/3/READLN.3.TEXT")
SETUP-WEIDU.TP2 0 0 Installed
SETUP-BWS.TP2 0 0 Installed
BG2EETP\LANGUAGES\DE_DE\SETUP-BG2EETP-DE_DE.TP2 0 0 Installed
BG2EE_GA/SETUP-BG2EE_GA.TP2 0 0 Installed
SETUP-AMBER.TP2 1 0 Installed
SETUP-AMBER.TP2 1 1 Installed
FADE/SETUP-FADE.TP2 0 0 Installed
FADE/SETUP-FADE.TP2 0 1 Installed
FADE/SETUP-FADE.TP2 0 2 Installed
NINDE/NINDE.TP2 0 0 Installed
SAERILETH/SETUP-SAERILETH.TP2 1 0 Installed
SKIE/SETUP-SKIE.TP2 1 0 Installed
TYRISFLARE/SETUP-TYRISFLARE.TP2 0 0 Installed
YVETTE/SETUP-YVETTE.TP2 0 0 Installed
ISRA_BG2/ISRA_BG2.TP2 0 0 Installed
DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2 0 0 Installed
SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2 2 0 Installed
SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2 2 1 Installed
SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2 2 2 Installed
SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2 2 3 Installed
IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2 1 0 Installed
IMOENROMANCE/SETUP-IMOENROMANCE.TP2 0 0 Installed
IMOENROMANCE/SETUP-IMOENROMANCE.TP2 0 1 Installed
BRANWEN/SETUP-BRANWEN.TP2 0 0 Installed
TASHIA/SETUP-TASHIA.TP2 0 0 Installed
TASHIA/SETUP-TASHIA.TP2 0 2 Installed
SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 2 0 Installed
SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 2 2 Installed
SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 2 4 Installed
SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 2 6 Installed
SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 2 8 Installed
SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 2 10 Installed
RE/SETUP-RE.TP2 0 0 Installed

[more RE/Setup]

RE/SETUP-RE.TP2 0 54 Installed
RJALI/SETUP-RJALI.TP2 0 2 Installed ~Mod Timing A Lot Faster~
ERROR: Failure("resource [BG#TYS25.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-RJALI.DEBUG to nullset@sympatico.ca
Automatically Skipping [Rjali Romance Mod (BG2EE:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nullset] because of error."

Dear Nullset: Could you please help?

Thanks a lot, Seewead
nullset
Thanx, Seewead. I cut a few corners on testing and, obviously, this slipped past me. V8.1 is on its way up. I'll also check-in with BWS; maybe one of these days I'll get straight on what is required in the way of notifying them of minor changes.
Seewead
Woa! Can't believe, you already fixed it. Awesome!

smile.gif
nullset
That's just the wonderfulness of myself. (I have been watching way too many reruns of I Spy.)
Seewead
Edit: DONE / SOLVED / OUTDATED

Dear Nullset, please take the following ideas not as "bug-reports" but rather as some kind of feedback and ideas how to finetune your splendid work. If you feel like it.

Concerning: Rjali Version 8.1

A.1.
Description:
Not a bug, but a little dissapointment: All the containers in Jini's brothel (and other places) are empty. Sometimes I like to snoop around and find a little something.
Suggestion:
a) Give me something to find. Or cool.gif remove the (otherwise superflues) containers.

A.2.
Description:
The problem occurs the first time Horace has send you to Jini and after you have seen Fay, when you are expected to go back to Jini again (like she asked you to). If you do this, the story goes on with "But while we are here, there's someone else I want you to meet." and with that Jini leads the way over to Adahn's room and introduces you to him. But if you don't go straight back to her and - instead of her command - stroll just a little bit on your own, you can find Adahn for yourself and start the dialogue with him. Only the mod doesn't realize this and Jini is doing the introduction anyway - from over two rooms away.
Suggestion:
Make Adahn refuse a dialogue unless Jini brings you.

A.3.
Description:
Not a bug, but it would be really nice if all the quests would get written in my diary. Without an entry in the diary you have to be constantly alert and remember everything. Seen this: Ecco asks you to bring her some Deva's tears to heal her 'tourette'.
Suggestion:
Entry in the diary

A.4.
Description:
Not a bug, but it would be really nice if all the quests and goals would get some XP as a reward. Seen this: No XP when you organize the Tears for Ecco.
Suggestion:
Give the player some XP

A.5.
Description:
Since you have Fay at your side, she stays there even in your dreams (at least with the dreams of the imoen-mod, I remember this for sure).
Suggestion:
Well, everybody can live with it, I am sure of that. Fay can do such things alright. But you could unshackle her during the dreams.

A.6.
Description:
When you clic on Fay, there is no sound. To me that is odd somehow, because I am so much used to some sort of confirming sound when activating my companions.
Suggestion:
No need for vocals, just some nice little "swishing"-sound for the wings of the (though grown-up) whisp would be great. Don't you think?

A.7.
Description:
More an idea: After the use of the deva's tears Fay is changed permanently, if I am not mistaken. But in spite of this her little portrait picture beneath her dialogue-texts remains the same (of a cute tiny whisp).
Suggestion:
Give her some other picture?

A.8.
Description:
Why is it that Fay is more capable of beating the crap of my opponents than any other fighter in my group?
Suggestion:
Make her the fragile beeing she is in my fantasy. I would love to protect her and keep her away from harm. I realize that you would maybe need a different combat-skripting for her; and making her to fragile could only lead to frustration over a constantly dying Fay. But she should not be too strong, if you ask me.

A.9.
Description:
When Horace is giving you a resumé about your loved ones, the corresponding pictures beside the girls are always the original ones, whatever you changed via eekeeper. When you have accustomed yourself to a certain picture of your love and carry that one in your memory the "wrong" picture breaks the immersion, if you get my meaning.
Suggestion:
Not sure there is an easy solution beeing no modder myself. But it would be awesome.

A.10.
Description:
The problem occurs when Jini needs your help with Adahn and calls you for the first time. When you follow her call, there are two different dialogue-skripts that seem to contradict each other. The first String starts with Jini: "Hello love, I see you have brought your friends with you.". Whereas just a little later there is another skript that starts with CHARNAME: "We came as you asked. I had better do the introductions first.".
Suggestion:
Well, as far as I have found out the first skript is used as a default every time you come and visit. Maybe it could be surpressed if the second one is used?

A.11.
Description:
The following situation happend to me once and at that time I was to lazy or otherwise busy to repeat and ascertain it any further. But I am fairly sure about it: The problem happens if you enter the circus tent (Kalah / Aerie) very late, AFTER Jini is calling you to her brothal. Then, if you ignore Jini's call and enter the inner circus tent (not the outer one with the riddle-posing jinn and the shadows) the rjali-mod starts the skript "We came as you asked. I better do the introductions first." and "These are Jini and Grace. Grace is the one with the wings."
Suggestion:
Uh, I suppose this was somehow confused, because the inner circus tent really was Jini's lamp, wasn't it? Can you confirm this bug?

A.12.
Description:
Well, technically the following aspect is not a bug at all, but... if I may very humbly say so: a nuisance nevertheless. It is for me personally at least. So I hope you, Nullset, forgive me my mentioning it. My personal problem is, that I have never played the game Planescape Torment in my life and I do not know your Jini-Romance-Mod for BG1:EE. But quite a big chunk of the newer content of the Rjali-Mod delves into both of this quite a lot and seems to expect you to know all the people, names and places you are confronted with. Well, I am sure it is great to reminisce for the people who know this stuff, but some like me don't and I admit beeing a little bit overwhelmed at times.
Suggestion:
Now this is not a major problem, of course. Believe me, everybody can adjust and will find out sooner or later what is going on. But if you could give some more pointers and explanations, it could improve the experience for newbies like me quite a lot.

So much for today. But please don't take these ideas as criticism, they are not meant that way. I just thought you would be interested in some more feedback, that is not only praising for a change. And as you can see for yourself: These are not "bugs" anyway, just some ideas and thoughts. More on the way.

Thank you for your great mod, Seewead
nullset
Hi, Seewead. Many good suggestions here. Gonna take a while to address them (v8.2), but off the top of my head: don't use eekeeper to change the portraits; instead move the portraits into the override folder (under the correct names, of course - list to follow). This way the portrait will be used wherever a portrait is accessed. Problem solved. May be a week or two (or three...) before I can get back on the rest.
Seewead
Edit: SOLVED

Concerning: Rjali Version 8.1

A.13.
Description:
Big Problem here. As of this moment I am not sure if the Rjali-Mod could have anything to do with it. Hope you can shed some light on this, if you would be so kind. It seems that the NPC flirt pack is not able to function correctly in my installation of the game. Now my idea is, that the only real problem of the flirt pack is (and always was) the "dialogue on click"-system, which could (at least in the past) cause problems with other mods that invented a similar system on their own (like the imoen romance in earlier versions, for example).

In my current run of the game I did quite a mega-installation, including

- Rjali 8.1
- all the romance-mods that are supported by Rjali 8.1 (except Petsy Chattertone and Dace)

and

- the multi-romance-tweak of tweaks anthology (as in your readme)

and

- NPC flirt pack ( http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php...4&Itemid=81 )
- banter packs ( http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php...5&Itemid=78 )
- crossmod banter pack ( http://www.gibberlings3.net/crossmod/ ) without the romance conflicts
- iep (interaction expansion project) banters ( http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/npciep ) only core-content

The latter four mods should be compatibel to each other, which I have not only found reported multiple times (here for example: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,28478.0.html), but which can be confirmed by myself as well. I never had a serious problem with these. On the other hand you can never know, of course. If you are truly unlucky there is always the possibilty of a bad combination.

Additional to the forementioned mods I have a few other mods installed, that should (as far as I can see) not collide with the "dialogue on click"-system in any way (I guess).

Now the only "new" mod on my current install, that I didn't use in the past is the Rjali-Mod version 8.1. Therefor I was thinking, if there could be a context. I know, I am reaching. I know, it is probably something with my mod-installtion (though I ran the same installation twice without any change). I know, it is most probably all my fault. biggrin.gif But nevertheless I though it couldn't hurt to ask you. Hope you don't mind. wink.gif

What happens exactly?
AT a certain point of the game (exactly 2 days to hours in-game-time) Aerie seems to start a dialogue and the game freezes for good. How I know it is Aerie? Because the problem dissapears if I control-Y her or if I drop her out of my party befor this time arrived. How do I know it is the flirt pack? Because the problem dissapears if I add the global variable "FWDisableflirts=1", which shuts off the flirt pack (learned that from the readme of the flirt packs). And what is more: the flirts didn't start anyway though they should have startet already, as far as I can determine.

Maybe I should add that I installed the game via BWS. With BWS the Rjali-Mod is installed AFTER all the other mods I mentioned above (well, except tweaks anthology, of course).

Dear Nullset, could you help me? Could this phenomenon maybe has something to do with your mod? Please take no offence because of this question. It is more a plea for help happy.gif

Thanks for your thoughts, Seewead

Edit: Problem solved: The reason for the freeze-up of the game was indeed the NPC flirt packs version 1.03 in its german translation (the same goes probably for every non-english language). While that mod has full ee-compatibilty allright, it is not possible to use the non-english translations the mod provides together with the enhanced edition games. Though I am no modder myself, this is what some reading and searching in the web suggests as explanation: The classic BG-games seemed to work with text-strings in the old format "ANSI CP1252", whereas the enhanced editions changed this to the new format "UTF-8" (without BOM). Not changing this format in a mod doesn't seem to pose a problem for the use of the english language, because that still works fine for all latin letters (that are used by the english language). However if any given language needs non-latin letters (e.g.: ß, ä, ü, é, ê and so forth) this freezes the game for good. Same goes for the use of symbols. In any case this bug had nothing to do with the Rjali-Mod.

nullset
Seewead, I'll have to think about this for a bit. Unfortunately, you hit me when I was setting up and testing my cheat mod for PST:EE, so my mind is away with the fairies. Now, I had a somewhat similar problem with a much simpler installation, which resolved when I got rid of the banter accelerator. Make sure you are not installing a banter accelerator, and let me know if this also resolves the problem. To quote from the Hitchhikers Guide: WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
nullset
Hi, Seewead,

I am about to start testing for the things you reported, and will release v8.2 when it gives a clean run through. Here is a list of what I have done:

A.1. Sigil containers populated. Well...most of them.

A.2. That dialogue only occurs now after you have seen Jini after acquiring Fay. Introduced simple hello dialogues with Adahn for before and after you have met him, and there are no overriding dialogues pending.

A.3. Journal entries added.

A.4. Quest XP given. Not very much, however. Afraid of unbalancing the games XP.

A.5. Nope. Oh, I could, I suppose. But, Fay is basically a familiar and behaves in dreams and such the way any familiar would.

A.6. Fay selection sound added.

A.7. Fay's portrait switched after she gets big..

A.8. Fay was never supposed to fight. You forced her to! Well, I will prevent you from doing that if I can.

A.9. Don't use EEKeeper for this. Move your portraits directly into the override folder, using the appropriate file names. The problem is not just mine; the epilogues also have direct portrait references that are unaffected by EEKeeper changes.

A.10. Minor shifting of options. While you have a point, it isn't as strong as you state. In the Brothal, you are really introducing the party to Grace. That bit about Rjali did need a bit of mucking about. What I did was supress the second option of the "I see you have brought your friends" dialogue until after the Adahn quest is complete, forcing the intros to occur first.

A.11. Now require circus quest before plot will proceed to Jini. In fact, Rjali gets downright snarky about it.

A.12. Nope. Not gonna do it. What is there will, at worst, leave you wanting more (as you do). But, it is clear enough to allow your imagination to mull over the possibilities. Consider them teasers/promos. If you really want all of the back story, play PST, and BGEE with the Jini mod. (Note that Beamdog has just released PST:EE.)
nullset
Seewead I really appreciate your suggestions. I have been a programmer for 50 years and I have learned that a programmer needs someone else to test his work. In the biz, we call this QC (Quality Control). The progammer is focused on making a program work. QC is focused on breaking it. Gleefully, I might add. While there can be and usually is some friction between these two attitudes, the best work requires both. You are providing me and my mod a valuable service. Apologies are NOT required! You can see that I do not always agree with you, but I have given all your suggestions consideration. Where I disagree - well - that's where the friction comes in. Shouting has been known to occur! My usual response is: FOOD FIGHT!
Cuallaidh
I have a bug to report. I visited Jinni and she gave me a stone so I can travel to her. Now she summoned me but stone don't work. I click on it, there is a spell cursor so I chose my PC but nothing happens.

PS. I feel stupid, I find what I was doing wrong.
nullset
QUOTE(Cuallaidh @ Apr 28 2017, 05:47 PM) *
I have a bug to report. I visited Jinni and she gave me a stone so I can travel to her. Now she summoned me but stone don't work. I click on it, there is a spell cursor so I chose my PC but nothing happens.

PS. I feel stupid, I find what I was doing wrong.

Not to worry. The Portal Stone does NOT have an ability; it has a dialogue. Right click (not left) the stone in the inventory screen and click CONVERSE. Later in the game after you have freed Horace, his lamp switches from ability to dialogue as well (left click = rub; right click = talk).
nullset
v8.2 is released, and should be up for download shortly.
Seewead
QUOTE(nullset @ Apr 27 2017, 01:56 AM) *
Seewead, I'll have to think about this for a bit. Now, I had a somewhat similar problem with a much simpler installation, which resolved when I got rid of the banter accelerator. Make sure you are not installing a banter accelerator, and let me know if this also resolves the problem.

Thanks for your swift input, Nullset, but until now I cannot verify this: The (un)installation of the banter accelerator (that comes with the banter pack-mod) didn't produce any (noticable) difference.

But I found the explanation of the bug allright (see edit of my post above). Turns out, it had nothing to do with your Rjali-Mod at all.

Thank you, Seewead

Seewead
QUOTE(nullset @ Apr 28 2017, 08:44 PM) *
You are providing me and my mod a valuable service. Apologies are NOT required!

Thank you for your kind words. I will not go over the top with this, I promise. tongue.gif Nonetheless I consider it very much appropriate to use polite words. Not only, because of you beeing quite a bit older than me, dear Sir. But I also want to express the gratitude of a user of your mod here and there. A mod that you give for free willingly though it took and takes a LOT of work.

See ya, Seewead

nullset
Thank you for the update on the flirt pack bug. I do use the flirt pack v1.03, but only in English. Of course, I added some for Neera, stealing shamelessly from Aerie, but that was not for distribution. And I really did have to pull the banter accelerator out of Rjali for doing nasty things.

It is not really a lot of work , but a labour of love...so to speak.

If you are from Germany, you will appreciate the latest Near Infinity utility. While making my usual cheat mod, I found that the dialogues that I exported to review provided the lines in German, not English which is my set language. My German is not up to the challenge although I could have toughed it out. In the language folder of the game, the de_DE set was first, followed by the en_US. Renaming the de_DE to come later in the list solved my problem. Evidently, while the utility works properly for its internal tools, the export function just grabs the first language without reference to the the game preference options. Deutschland Uber Alles?
Seewead
Yeah, I am german - bloody Germans everywhere wink.gif But you seem to have some knowledge in a multitude of languages as well, do you not? Obviously some german words - and I think I read something about Hungarian somewhere, if memory serves? Very impressive.

Here is another thingy I would like to ascertain:

QUOTE(nullset @ May 9 2017, 02:55 PM) *
And I really did have to pull the banter accelerator out of Rjali for doing nasty things.

Does this relate exclusively to the bantergoose that you used to have as part of your mod? Or could this be a general problem for every banter accelerator in general? I am asking, because this would be an important aspect for the compatibility to other mods, especially the banter pack. Maybe something for your readme and for the compatibility-thread?

Edit: Does your first installation-choice (choice about the timing-adjustments) not qualify as a banter accelerator? rolleyes.gif

nullset
It definitely refers to why I pulled the bantergoose from my mod. I suspect that it applies to bantergoose in general as the copy I used is the same as the one to be found elsewhere. I have not tested this as I do not use the banter pack, and none of the other mods I use include bantergoose. The problem seems to be that bantergoose is VERY busy and has a high probability to interfering with other dialogues and their triggers. I do not recommend the use of bantergoose anywhere. What is needed is a way to adjust the banter timing in the game engine, and that is WAY outside my remit. My timing choice adjusts the time between dialogues; it does NOT increase the scripting activity as bantergoose does.

I have a few words in a few languages. English is my native tongue, and I speak enough French to be sneered at by the French. Got Dietrichs in my geneology, but that's Prussian. Sort of proto-German.
nullset
WHOA, Seewead! I just found out that with BGEE and BG2EE there is a 2da file that controls the banter speed! I will use these in the next Rjali and Jini releases. Actually, the new Jini release (v1.2) will be released in a week or so. Rjali v8.3 I will hang onto for a bit, in case you have more suggestions that should be addressed.
Seewead
Nah, no further bug-reports from me at the moment. Will play your version 8.2. for a while (installing all mods in english language).

This will take some time, Seewead

nullset
Seewead, I did some checking. The BG2 Banterpack uses only bantergoose, so the accelerator here should not be used in BG2EE; it does not use the BG2EE banter acceleration mechanism. The interesting thing is that the BG1NPC mod does use the mechanism for BGEE. IN Rjali v8.3, I am adding banter acceleration if it has not already been installed.
Seewead
Dear Nullset, I have made a new install and I am not very far into the game. But - if you are ready for it tongue.gif - I would like to continue with my feedback and some ideas how to finetune your splendid work. Not really "bug reports", just some thoughts. Here goes:

Concerning: Rjali Version 8.2

B.1.
Description:
The new voice of Fay is a little bit of a downer for me sad.gif . Her "yes" seems to be cut out from an already existing sentence, is it not? At last it feels like that to me, because it seems to be cut off to early somewhat, if you get my meaning. Like something at the end is missing. Do I make any sense here? Or is it something else that feels wrong about the voice?

Suggestion:
More love to her voice would be very much appreciated. thumb.gif

B.2.
Description:
Yes, now you put some items in the container of Jini's brothel and the festhall. Unfortunately, whenever you come back and look again, the containers are filled anew. I am afraid, this is because of the nature of your constructed areas, is it not?

Suggestion:
Uh, dunnow how to fix that, if my guess is correct and the problem lies within the construction of your new areas. Maybe some kind of workaround could be possible for you? Like, for example, set some global variables for every emptied boxes? Oh, no fun here.

B.3.
Description:
Another problem, that comes with the special nature of your created areas: If you drop an item there and leave the area even for a short time, the item is gone for good. Happend to me with one of my most precious items in the Festhall. As you can imagine, I emptied the containers and found some scrolls and other stuff and I took everything I could carry. THEN Jini gave me her portal-stone. And because of my full inventory, I dropped the first item in my inventory, beeing my most precious item. And THEN in the next moment your mod brings me back to Toril. Of course I immediately tried to come back and pick it up - but in vain, lost forever. Supplement: Happend to me twice now: Ravel gave me her hair curl. And because my inventory was already filled up, I dropped the Stone that Jini gave me. And bevor I can pick it up again, your mod beams me to the brothal. Of course I could return (would it not have been Jini's stone that I lost), but I already know, that nothing stays in your new realms, so going back wouldn't make sense anyway.

Suggestion:
If you give items to Charname in your newly created areas, make sure that the beaming process to another area gives enough time to gather any possibly fallen items from the ground. Or better: Charname could be asked, if he is ready or not to go on.

B.4.
Description:
Nalia is version 5 now.
Imoen is version 3.9.

They both still work fine with your mod.

Suggestion:
Just an update for your readme.

B.5.
Description:
I like the change of Fay that is made by the Deva's tears. But if you ask me: Afterwards she should be considerable slower than before. This would make the change more credible and would feel more real.

Suggestion:
Give the whispy Fay an even higher movement factor and diminish that considerably after the transformation.

B.6.
Description:
Now how shall I put it: I am not that keen on your portraits that much. Sorry about that. Hope you don't mind. It's nothing wrong with them. Just not my cup of tea, so to speak. Especially the girls from old PST. Probably because I never played PST and therefore perceive no feelings of remembrance for them. But not to worry, everybody can change them alright (with your approval, of course).

But during my search for the right portrait-names to change, I realized that your portraits don't have a decent resolution to begin with. For example, your portraits sometimes even use the size S (the smallest one).

Suggestion:
You can kill all the smaller ones. All you _need_ is the largest form L. Unless you want different views of the same npc, of course. Then (and only then) you would need different pictures. But then you could go for M (not S) as well; at least make sure that the dimensions are 210x300 and not any smaller. There is no need for smaller pictures. If the game should need anything, it can downsize your picture on its own. Actually, the game will accept custom portraits up to 652 x 1024 pixels.

Found this here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42915...-portrait-sizes

That would make your portraits much more brilliant and crisp, I guess.

B.7.
Description:
Something is missing about Fay. There were times during my run, when I thought about her and then I would have loved to take a look at her. But I couldn't and can't. Because she is not in my group, technically, and therefore has no character-sheet.

Suggestion:
I think an analogon of a character-sheet would be pretty awesome. At the moment, I have to talk to her to - at least - see her smallest (!) bigcry.gif portrait. And why can't I give some nice little clothes to Fay? And change her colors? rolleyes.gif She definitely would want that.

B.8.
Description:
Here comes a big dissapointment for me: I have the possibility to ask horace about all my love ones, which is just great. Kind of like a gallery, in that you can dwell for a little bit. But what does your mod gives me? The smalles-possible pictures (S-format). I would need a magnifying glass to see my girls.

Suggestion:
Please give me huge L plus plus. Go for it! wink.gif

So much for now. I sincerely hope, you take my ideas as usually not as criticism, but as ideas for the betterment of your great mod. wub.gif

See ya, Seewead

Seewead
Hi there, here are a few more, if you should be interested. Most of them are, as you already know, rather ideas and propositions than real "bugs".

Concerning: Rjali Version 8.2

C.1.
Description:
Rjali's Ring gives here invisibility and improved haste several times a day. But for reasons unknown to me, it is not only Rjali, but Fay as well, than can use these same spells. Is this meant on purpose, because I also married Fay and gave her a (maybe identical?) wedding ring as well? Or is this simply an oversight?

Suggestion:
Remove these item-related spells from Fay. Or explain, why she can do this.

C.2.
Description:
By the way: I would like Fay to have some innate special abillities. It could be nice to let her actually _do_ something. laugh.gif

Suggestion:
Give her something, that fits her, why don't you? What about "Glitterdust" or "Luck"? Just something minor, but still usable.

C.3.
Description:
One time Fay asked me out and urged me to follow her to her room in the Festhall to share some quality time with each other. But when we arrived at the Festhall, I suddenly changed my mind. This was, because I remembered, that there was a time-related quest going on in Toril. Your mod wasn't prepared for that. biggrin.gif Even after we returned to Toril, she kept telling me to shut the door of her room. Seemingly, in her mind she was still back in her room at the Festhall. No major problem. I could fix it by bringing her there and continue as planned.

Suggestion:
Still, you could make her aware.

C.4.
Description:
Now, this is really a bug, though I find it difficult to describe it for you exactly: So far I it occured three times in my current run of the game. At a certain point, one of the girl is constantly firing lovetalk after lovetalk, only stopping for just a moment inbetween. Mind you, the lovetalks are all in order and perfectly working, nothing wrong with this. But the amount of time, that usually has to elapse for the next lovetalk to trigger, seems to be ignored.

WHEN does this happen? Well, this is still a little blurry for me. And I've got only a theory to this question: As far as I can determine, this can sometimes happen right after a change in the status of the amour (like in the variables "JaheiraRomanceActive" or "PgNaliaRomanceActive" and so on). Or maybe it is not this status-variable, but the moment, the flirting is commencing (I am guessing this could be something like "PgNaliaFlirtstart"? or "RjFayFlirtStart"?). Here are my three examples: First it happend to me with Fay right after the marriage with her. The second time this occured with Nalia right after the flirts started (this is a little after the Isea-Quest, if memory serves). And the third time it happend right after Skie joined my team (she starts talking right away wink.gif ).

WHAT is happening (well, besides the endless lovetalks like there is no tomorrow wub.gif )? When this happens, then the console seems to get inactive in a matter of speaking. Like when I save the game in the moments inbetween the lovetalks, the usual notification "quicksave succesful" is not shown. Well, all of this is no major problem, because the game still saves alright and the whole problem is gone right after starting the game anew from scratch.

Suggestion:
Now, my guess would be, that it has something to do with your acceleration of the lovetalks, don't you think? Maybe you could find the time to look into this.

So much for this batch. I enjoy your mod quite a lot. All is running smooth, hot and amusing. smile.gif

Thank you, Seewead
nullset
#Seewead: I am back from my sabatical, but it is going to take some time to address the issues you raise. I have been on to a pro who steered me to the solution to the container problem. Until I get the new release out, I suggest you get a bottomless bag of holding to keep inventory slots available. Post more bugs if you must. Just don't expect me to acknowlege them as I will be busy butting my head against a wall. I won't be ignoring them, although I do not promise to implement them all. Have I ever? Back when I can see light at the end of the tunnel...
Seewead
Dear Nullset, I hope I wasn't to forward with all my "bug-reports". Maybe I got a little over my head. rolleyes.gif Well, as always... biggrin.gif

I want you to know, that I don't expect anything; just want to tell you, how I enjoy your great work and give you some ideas how to go on.

But if you should finde the muse, the time, the liking to adress my ideas, problems and proposition: Great! thumb.gif

And if you allow me a question: Why would you "but your head against a wall"? Please do not, there is really no need for this. smile.gif

See ya, Seewead

nullset
Because some of the problems seemed intractable at the start. I had sort of noticed some of them in passing before but thought them too tough to deal with at the time. With the major work out of the way, I can take the time to hack at them again. I butt my head because, when I arrive at a solution, I feel very stupid. Don't apologize for doing a good job. Every programmer needs quality control to check on his/her work. A little humiliation is good for the code. The main thing here is that some of the fixes will require more complexity in the dialogue to cover the bases. Some of my decisions are made to reduce that complexity without compromising the story line. Since I am not planning any major new content, this is in the nature of clean-up. Critique to your heart's content. If I disagree, I will send you a raspberry.
nullset
Seewead,

B1 - Nope. I only added the voicing to signal response. It is NOT chopped from a full sentence, but borrowed from another voicing. Might revisit this later. Might not.

B2 - Fixed. Turns out "Cannot Save Game" in an area prevents it from saving any status in the .gam file. I did this because I had read that the Store/RestorePartyLocation did not persist across game save/load. Turns out I was wrong, and I have allowed the game to be saved in the new areas (except the Modron Maze, where you had better watch out!)

B3 - See B2 for the retention of dropped items. I am also removing most of the automatic transfers, requiring you to use the Portal Stone manually to move around. This gives the player greater control and requires that you have the Portal Stone in your posession, which should solve that problem. Unfortunately, this will require me to look more deeply into dialogues as there are more options available. The fix is on the way, but it's gonna take a while, and quite a few runthroughs to test it.

B4 - Done. Thanx. I had been playing with those two. I just hadn't gotten around to updating the README.

B5 - Nope. Might revisit this later. Might not.

B6 - Again, nope. Some of those were the best I could find, and the small ones are there for use by game displays that require small portraits. Don't like mine? Roll your own.

B7 - Nothing I can do about the character sheet. This is a hard coded game facility, and it applies only to party members. I do NOT modify the Infinity Engine itself.

B8 - Again, the size of the pictures here is hard coded into the engine. Nothing I can do about that.

C1 - I am removing all abilities from all engagement/wedding rings. The Rjali Ring will retain them, but that comes only with the equip option or by request from Horace.

C2 - Nope. I envision her as a romantic adjunct who runs like hell from hostile encounters. She is not supposed to do anything.

C3 - Solved this by giving you the option to delay the encounter. Be warned the Fay will bug you frequently until you give in, and her love talks won't start until you do. Also, once you are in the Festhall, Fay puts a hex on the Portal Stone and you cannot exit until you have performed!

C4 - It is probably aggravated by all the dialogue and script in my mod, but I have looked at it and the basic problem is in the sequence of handling timers in these NPCs. Evidently, the timer is not updated before the talk trigger, and the script initiates multiple talks on the basis of an already expired timer. I might look at this again when I have nothing else to do. Meanwhile, suffer! This is actually normal behaviour if you have asked Horace to accelerate parking, but that's another issue over which you already have control.

Still making changes with testing to come. Wait for it!
nullset
Just issued v8.3 Couple of changes not in your lists you might be interested in. Check the version history in the readme. Download should be updated in a day or so.
Seewead
Dear Nullset, I have taken a look at your readme for version 8.3. Happy about it. Nevertheless here comes some more (ideas, bugs, thoughts):

Concerning: Rjali Version 8.2 (still)

D.1.
Description
One thing that is bugging me (big time) is your orphanage. Don't get me wrong - the concept is a nice idea and the affiliated dialogues of the girls are spotless. But you seem to have stopped right there. The implementation of the orphanage-concept remains incomplete, if not even shallow and coreless. Look: I come back to Nalia's keep and I expected the orphans to greet me with shouts and Hello. But they had no text, were absolutely silent. Billie, Annie, Megan, Sean, Suzy - nothing but shells. That dissapointed me. Given, maybe your mod is expanding on this as I go further along with my current run of the game (don't know that yet), but until now it was definitely something that I missed.

Suggestion:
Give them a little live, please.

D.2.
Description
Same goes for the rest of the occuptants of the keep. Like I was expecting Olma, the cook, to tell me about the mischief the kids had already done. And what about Chanelle, the maid? Does she like children or what?

Suggestion:
Let the orphanage feel as something real, why don't you?

D.3.
Description
Corresponding thought: The keep gives me the creeps, feels rather like a graveyard than a home. For instance, it is scarred with this somber-spooky music; that was great for Torgal's attack, but now? No wonder the children are keeping stumm and mute. biggrin.gif To tell you the truth, this is no place for children.

Suggestion:
Make it a happy place, please. Change the music. Some slow gaelic folk tune or something? Virtually anything would be better for sure. That would give the place a whole new atmosphere.

D.4.
Description
The keep feels horribly deserted. As it should have felt right after Torgal's massacre. But now? Where is everybody?

Suggestion:
Give it some animals and two or three peasants. Breath in a little bit of life, man! I would suggest some dogs and cats. And of course a herd of horses. The girls would love them. And two cows - need some mild, don't they? I really think, that a bunch of added creatures would give the place a whole new feeling. Shouldn't that be rather easy to implement? It would mean much for me.

D.5.
Description
Concerning Rjali scouts the troops: Nalia
Rjali: "And he has promised me that, when this is over, we will set an orphanage for these poor children we see everywhere."
Nalia: "[...] Where do you intend to do this?"
Rjali: "[...] we could set up housekeeping and the orphanage in Castle deArnise."
Nalia: "So that's wy we have been sending children to the keep."

Problem: Small inconsistency here, if I remember correctly: When we started the orphanage earlier on, it was that we informed the Major Domo of the keep about it. And - or so I rember it - Nalia was standing right beside us and was informed about that too - in the same scene, was she not? She was a little bit reluctant at first, because she felt somewhat overruled in her own keep, but then gave in willingly.

Suggestion:
Change the text that I quoted above.

D.6.
Description
You already know, how much I appreciate the possibility of parking the love ones in the keep. But I am not that satisfied _where_ you put them. When I approach them I always get the feeling, that they are horribly unhappy. I guess it has something to do with the very bad, gloomy atmosphere in the whole keep (see my thoughts above). Maybe it is because they seem to be so lonely in the keep, because nobody is there (as I already mentioned).

Suggestion:
Well, what to do about that? A possibility would be to place all of the parked girls in the great hall with the Major Domo. Not ideal, but at least much better then now; at least that would take away the total isolation a bit, I guess. Or you could give them the possibility to wander around a bit?

Aerie is teaching Elvish at the local school. Or so she tells me, I can't see it. Though I have to admit: Putting her in the loo amuses me a lot. biggrin.gif Branwen tells me, she had a talk with Sergeant Bjorn about his training of Sean and Suzy - you could place her with them? But who is Sergeant Bjorn anyway? Do I know him? Where is he? By-the-way: Branwen is spelling it "Sargeant", you could correct the "a", if you feel like it. Or is it me that is wrong with the spelling? And Jaheira has plans for an orchard - well, should she not be outside of the keep in the nature? Viconia could maybe do some battle-training with our guards in the castle yard? But of course we would need a couple of guards for that in the first place. As we should get them: We let the Major Domo spend a big deal of money for that, are we not? Yes, some troops on the wall of our keep would definitely change the impression of our castle.

Something I would like to add: dialogue-wise the parking of the girls is neat. You did a good job on that. Thanks! Only I still want _more_, but I guess, you already expected that. tongue.gif

D.7.
Description
Horace appears in silence.

Suggestion:
He should come with a "puff", don't you think?

D.8.
Description
If you check with Horace on the status of your amours and you are NOT in the same room/area as the girls, Horace tries, fails and starts all over again. For example: Go to Ribald's market, leave the group inside and let Charname go outside to the promenade. See?

Suggestion:
He could tell Charname to bring the girls with him, before making that kind of inquiry.

D.9.
Description
When Horace gives you the names of your amours, the ones that are parked in the keep are only mentioned without giving their portrait. That is a pity.

Suggestion:
Possible solution, I have thought of: Make them part of the party for a second to show their portrait and get them out again right after that. It would be super-cool. Or another idea for a work-around: Give their portraits to some hidden, invisible familiars, so that you can use their portraits like Fay's picture.

D.10.
Description
When you fulfill the trademeet-quest and become town-hero, they use to build some statues of Charname and his crew around the fountain. Funnily enough with your mod you get a Rjali-statue twice, but none for Charname. laugh.gif

Suggestion:
No idea what could be the reason for this. rolleyes.gif

O.k. - I have some more of this, but I gotta go now. See ya later, Seewead

Edit: minor spelling-errors corrected

nullset
D.1 - They have life. It just doesn't start until you have acquired all 6 of them, Rjali has suggested getting back to Daleson, and Daleson suggests you talk with them.

D.2. - Unless my muse hits, I am leaving these game characters alone. See D.4 below.

D.3. Nope. That's the music the game designers assigned, and changing it would be a pain if possible. Live with it.

D.4. - That way lies madness. Adding fleets of minor characters is an openended project which, for the sake of my sanity, I will not take on. (You should see what they have done for crowd scenes in the Siege of Dragonspear expansion in BG1.)

D.5. - It only seems that way. Think about it. This is the first that Nalia has heard about the menage, which implies that she was not listening before as she wouldn't have being so self-involved. Let it stand.

D.6. - There is always room for expansion. Unfortunately, I am not up for major changes at this time. (See D.4)

D.7. - Horace is a quiet Djinn, but I will think about it.

D.8. - This I will do something about.

D.9. - Possible, but a pain. I'll think about it.

D.10. - Don't know what is happening there. It is nothing I have directly affected.

nullset
OK. D7/8/9 have been fixed. I'll wait for those other bugs you mentioned. Also, I don't want to get a reputation as a flibberty-gibbet by issuing updates so frequently. Unless there is a critical fix involved, of course, which is not the case here.
Seewead
Dear Sir, I am - as always - grateful for your betterment of the mod, very much so actually. And of course I do clearly register, that you don't want to invest much more of your time in the mod any further. Now that is not only up to you, but also totally understandable: If you think of it, you must have already spend endless hours in the Rjali-Mod. When I am - in spite of this - going on with my little "bug-reports", then I hope they don't feel like a burden for you. I wouldn't want that.

And especially I hope that you don't mind me making suggestions on topics, that are not bugs from a technical point of view. For example D.1., D.2, D.3, D.4 und D.6 in my last posting. Nevertheless in my eyes these points count as real "bugs". Given, they do not concern an error in the coding, so the game works well without their correction. But in my imagination every programmer of a game-mod (like yourself) will want to create certain emotions and feelings in the user of their coded product. That is what game-mods are all about after all, are they not? Now, if these feelings are not conveyed as one would want that, this could be regarded as a reason for improvement of the mod, regarded as an "emotional bug" cool.gif. Just invented that word myself - love it. smile.gif Anyway, you get my meaning.

This was the reason for the points I made above. So I hope you don't mind and you would be so kind to let me reiterate just a little bit:

D.3
I had the idea, that changing the background music of the keep-area could be the by far fastest and easiest way in changing the unhappy, gloomy atmosphere. Me beeing no modder myself, I am without a clue about these things. But these threads I found for you:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comme...#Comment_885222
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63045...ement-for-music
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42501...o-existing-area

Maybe they could help you in changing the sound. Doesn't sound like too much of a problem?

D.4
The other rather quick and easy way in changing the horrible graveyard-feeling of Nalia's keep was in adding a couple of animals and such.

I was not talking about mass scenes or anything that could pose a threat in any way. Siege of Dragonspear is not what I meant. Just a bunch of horses, two cows and a few cats, for example, on the outer terrain of the keep. And if you could throw in some guards or peasants without text, that would already count as a bonus. wink.gif

Just my thoughts, dear Nullset. blush.gif

Now to more "bug-reports" in my next post. Coming up in an hour, Seewead

Seewead

E.1.
Description
Not a bug in any way. In fact everything was working as promised. I only wanted to mention this to you as kind of interesting.

I was on the endeavour of romancing Jaheira. I hadn't done that in a long time. But I rememered many of the problems. Seemingly some of them are corrected since the Enhanced Edition, could that be? Or maybe it was the Fixpack I installed via BWS that corrected the romance bugs of hers. Dunno.

Anyway, I wanted to park her in the keep. Which is only possible after reaching NPCromance=2. Which feels like a very good idea of your mod on the idea that the girl should be emotionally part of the family before beeing left alone waiting in the keep. Only there are some romances, that reach NPCromance=2 but very late. For Jaheira it was after her lovetalk number 69, if I recall correctly. Imagine that! Similar like Nalia, that could take you VERY long. Thank goodness you provided possibilties to speed up the lovetalks like crazy. Only that stops when some trigger for the next lovetalk is missing.

When that seemed to be the case, I found this old post (pre Enhanced Edition), telling me: To reach the next lovetalk, I would have to finish the Harper plot (Xzar quest) AND have the Bandit-Incident. Only after that Meronia would spawn in some outdoor area as beginning of the Galvarey quest and continue the chain of lovetalks. Well, I had already done both of them, Xzar and the Bandits. Didn't work though. bigcry.gif
Here is my source I found: http://www.sorcerers.net/community/threads...per-hold.21460/. In this post they gave away the (maybe outdated?) code for this part of the Jaheira romance:

"IF
OR(2)
Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)
!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)
Global("LyrosJob","GLOBAL",3)
Global("JaheiraBanditPlot","GLOBAL",9)
Global("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",0)
AreaType(OUTDOOR)
GlobalGT("LoveTalk","LOCALS",25)
InParty(Myself)
!See([ENEMY])
!Range([NEUTRAL],10)
CombatCounter(0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("JAMERONI",Myself,0,0,0) // ~Meronia~
END"

Because of this I was about suggesting to you to change the code for Jaheira in some way. To make sure she would be parkable, even when buggy. But then some real-time days later, it happend totally out of the blue: I had the bandit-quest AGAIN (don't know why though) and immediately after that Meronia spawned with the missing lovetalk. What the heck? Thank goodnes, happy end.

In your Readme I found this:
"Version 3
- Fix BG2EE Jaheira final romance dialogue loop. (Have to keep an eye on this one...)
[...]
Version 4
- Remove BG2EE Jaheira fix. (Bad idea in the 1st place. Loop was only annoying.)"

But my guess ist, that concerns only the very last lovetalk where everybody is waiting (endlessly) for Terminsel. Am I right?

Anyway. As you can see, nothing to do for you. Only wanted to tell you about it. Thought it could be interesting.

E.2.
Description
There are two persons, that you have around you all the time: Fay and Rjali. Therefor it can get a little bit boring with them after some time, if you understand. They are great, obviously, no doubt about that. But let's face the fact, that you read the same lines from them over and over again. Hours and days and weeks. Especially when talking is sped up. To be honest, that can get a little bit annoying, even big time. Which would be such a pity!

Suggestion:
Well it would be great, if these two could get some fresh sets of flirts after some time or chapters has passed.

E.3.
Description
Grace and Annah have the same attributes (Strength, Agility and so on).

Suggestion:
Give them some more markedness.

E.4.
Description
Grace and Annah and Ravel all start at poor levels (like 6 or 7 or so). That feels especially inappropriate, when you use the possibility to let them join only later. Because by then most of my group had already reached levels 11 or 12. And it felt double odd, because theses NPCs are supposed to be NOT normal people. With Ravel for example, who is supposed to be VERY old.

Suggestion:
Maybe give them more XP? I was thinking about something between level 12 to 15 for Ravel. The other maybe a little more? Just an idea. What do you think?

E.5.
Description
Grace and Annah don't have any weapon-skills. Why should that be? Is there any meaning in this?

Suggestion:
Help them out, will you?

E.6.
Description
Annah should have a mighty fire-resistance, should she not?

Suggestion:
Make her like she is (80%?)

E.7.
Description
The paperdolls of Anna and Grace in my character-sheet are not showing any weapons in hand, even when equiped with some.

Suggestion:
Well, I realize, these are no ordinary ones. But if there can be something done about it...

E.8.
Description
Little spelling bug:

Grace right after wedding: "Merry greet the day, husband!"
[...]
Charname: "Wonderful! And I see what you mean about her beauty. I was her enthusiasm, that attracted me to her in the first place."

Suggestion:
Correction: "It was her enthusiasm"

E.9.
Description
You told us about potential, even game-breaking problems that come with the default script. And you suggest using the agen-script instead. But when they join you, Annah, Ravel and Grace all carry the default script, if memory serves.

Suggestion:
You could give them the the agen-script right from the start. Hm... Maybe not Ravel, because she is a caster - better some mage script.

E.10.
Description
A am still not sure, by what rules exactly this happens: But often when I make a girl wait in the keep for me ("parking"), her inventory is cleared and given to my remaining group. Well, not really complaining here. But on the other hand, Jaheira had to give me the locket that I had given her as a present. And her harpers needle. That felt quite stone-hearted to me. blink.gif

Suggestion:
I guess it would be alright, if everybody keeps what they have. You can always strip them yourself if need arises (of inventory, I mean...). And it can be nice to have at least something on them, should you take them back in your group.

Stop, gonna make a new post now. Just wait a moment, Seewead tongue.gif

Edit: Minor corrections of content and spelling.
Seewead

F.1.
Description
With my "bug-report" B.1 (see above) I already mentioned Fay's "Yes", that annoyed me somewhat. Now I found out, that Ravel and Fay share the same "Yes". That really breaks the immersion for me. Big deal.

Besides, I am not so sure, if that "Yes" even belongs to the rest of Ravel's voice-files. Does really sound a wee bit different in my ears.

Wanted to check more closely, but somehow I wasn't able to find Ravel's soundfiles in your audio-folder. Where are they anyway?

Suggestion:
Do some magic for me and find something different for Fay. Make her (and me) happy. wink.gif

F.2.
Description
Here is the thing: Through your mod you are hinting, that Kalah's circus tent is inside a genie lamp. I would like you to encourage to try out the mod "Unfinished Business" (only the component "Kalah and what he was promised"). Takes only mere minutes and goes like this: After the freeing from the circus-illusion a girl approaches you and gives you a magic lamp, that Kalah did use. If you go to the crooked crane (second story) at the city gate, you can get control over the lamp for one (last) wish.
It is perfectly compatible with your mod - technically that is.

Suggestion:
Maybe think of it. Does it spark something in you? Would you like to enlarge on the theme? To be honest, I had not understood what your mod was telling me. In what lamp have we been? Had it something to do with Horace or his niece? What goes? Did I not pay attention? Got to tell you, that it was much to high for me. wacko.gif

F.3.
Description
Ran into a big persistent stutter-bug, unfortunately.

Crew at that moment were: Charname, RJali, Neera, Ravel, Nalia and Tyris Flare (and Fay, of course).

When does it happen: Exactly after Tyris joins us. And ends when I drop her out of the party. Dumping an other girl doesn't help it. Hm... I guess, that makes it pretty much probable, that Tyris could be the cause for that. Could you confirm? Normal Parking, agen-script.
Mind you, I have also installed the crossmod-banterpack ( http://www.gibberlings3.net/crossmod/ ) and the IEP-banter mod ( http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/npciep ), but I made triple sure, that none of the NPCs is in my group, that are adressed by these two mods.

Suggestion:
If you could help out, that would be cool. Wanted to go for Tyris again after such a long time. Was looking forward for it, but had to abandon for good.

F.4.
Description
Annah: "I bin thinkin about the differences between Sigil and here."

This dialogue-sequence doubles. Happend to me inside of Ribald's shop and right after I got outside on the promenade again. Normal parking speed, agen-script.

Suggestion:
No idea - maybe just a hiccup in the system? Or is it in the coding? Was the only incident during all of her lovetalks.

F.5.
Description
Ah, I had forgotten to tell you this one: Via Horace you get the option: "I would like to park my woman as quickly as possible.".

Now, I have to tell you, that I misconstrued that phrase for a long time in the game. I didn't get the idea, that this was meant for speeding up the lovetalk-timer. At all. What was I thinking? Well, at first I had the impression, that I had to kind of flag the girl with this option to make her parkable somehow. Now I feel silly, when I write it down that way. blush.gif

Suggestion:
Nevertheless you could make it more obvious, what this is for. Like: "I would like the progression of my romances to speed up.". Or something similar?

So much from me for the moment. Hope it helps. Hope you enjoy my suggestions. Always keep in mind: What I do not critizise, that I enjoy a lot. biggrin.gif And that is nearly everything of your mod. Hope you are not mad at me. Hope you have fun. Thanks for your great work. I enjoy the testing. wub.gif

Sincerely, Seewead (Rob)

Edit: Corrected small spelling error.
nullset
E2 - You can park Fay after you take over the Keep. If you are spending that much time flirting, how do you ever complete a runthrough?

E4 - You can always get Horace to give them some experience.

E7 - Nature of the beast. The animations are straight from PST, and they do NOT support the regular BG paperdolls.

E9 - Actually, no. The default script is assigned by the game when a player joins the party. If a player leaves and comes back, they are assigned the default script again.

E10 - Her complete inventory is NOT given to the party. However, there are items in the game that are flagged to remain with the party. When an NPC with one of these items leaves, the item is returned to the party. This is established in the definition of the item.

F2 - It is Jini's lamp, as last seen in BGEE-SOD (Jini mod).

F3 - I'll have to look into the Tyris Flare thing. Could take a while.

As to the rest: I am having a very busy summer; I am recovering from surgery; my muse has been on vacation for quite a while, and I am not able to address your concerns at this time. Bugs I can deal with strictly using reason; the other requires something else that I am out of at the moment.
Seewead
Dear Nullset, since I read your message this morning, I got very worried. I sincerely hope, you are recovering well and guard your health - surgery is not something to be taken lightly. I remember myself beeing in hospital ten years ago - nothing I would like to go back to. But what is more: Obviously you need to do something else that has nothing to do with mod-writing, at least for a good long while. smile.gif I went to Canada only once in my life for a couple of days, so I don't know next to nothing about your country. But from what I hear, the summer is supposed to be the nicest season? I hope you find some way to enjoy it.

Maybe I will give you some more feedback and "bug-reports" in the future. But don't you care about "bugs". Enjoy the praise the people have for your mod. It is already outstanding and an incomparable piece of work. No change is nessesary in any way!

I really hope you get well, best wishes to you, Rob

Seewead
Coming back to one of my earlier "bug-reports" (see above):

QUOTE(Seewead @ Jul 12 2017, 09:24 PM) *
E.2.
Description
There are two persons, that you have around you all the time: Fay and Rjali. Therefor it can get a little bit boring with them after some time, if you understand. They are great, obviously, no doubt about that. But let's face the fact, that you read the same lines from them over and over again. Hours and days and weeks. Especially when talking is sped up. To be honest, that can get a little bit annoying, even big time. Which would be such a pity!

Suggestion:
Well it would be great, if these two could get some fresh sets of flirts after some time or chapters has passed.

QUOTE(nullset @ Jul 12 2017, 11:15 PM) *
E2 - You can park Fay after you take over the Keep. If you are spending that much time flirting, how do you ever complete a runthrough?

Dear Sir, I may have expressed myself poorly here, so you missunderstood: I meant the flirting that is initiated by Fay and RJali THEMSELFS. Whether you like it or not, whether you want it or not, they always come up with the same very few lines. And because I have them around all the time, these lines grow thin rather sooner than later. I am sure you can imagine. Given, I could send away Fay. Already did that. But with Rjali the problem remains. After you read the same sentence from her a hundred times, there is no feeling left in it. Which would be a shame, don't you think?

wub.gif , Seewead

Seewead

Yes I know, Nullset, you don't have the time for these. Only I am likely to forget these points soon enough again, so I write them down just now for your future reference:

G.1.
Description
When Grace is parked in the keep: She uses the bedroom, that belongs to Nalia since childhood (following the deArnise romance that is). That feels odd for me.

Suggestion:
a. You could move her to another place?
b. Or you could give a little explanation to make the user of your mod understand. Maybe the girls switched rooms? Or do they share? Just a few sentences would do the trick nicely.

G.2.
Description
Orphanage story: In your mod the servant Daleson equals the Majordomus, who runs the keep in your absence. I was surprised. For me they always were two totally different persons. Searched the net. Didn't not find any indication they could be the same person. You sure about that? Or am I wrong?

Suggestion:
Change the relevant lines in the orphanage plot. Where Rjali talks to and about "Daleson" it should read "the Majordomus". Or - much better in my eyes: create Daleson himself. After all, one cannot expect the Majordomus himself to look after the kids.

G.3.
Description
Orphanage story: Bobby needs to learn controlling his wild magic. Nalia takes the task to help him with that. But hey: What about Neera? She would be ideal and much more up for the job, beeing a wild mage herself. Problem: At the time of the mentioned dialogue, I had already parked Neera in the keep, whereas Nalia was still a member of my group (if I remember correctly). But during my conversation with Bobby Neera stands just around the corner in the next room, only a couple of meters away. She must have overheard our conversation. Why don't she say anything?

Suggestion:
It would be very nice if a parked Neera would be recognized by your mod for that conversation. That way Neera could take over the job that is tailor-made for her.

G.4.
Description
Orphanage plot: Three kids are training with a guy named "Bjorn". But I remember from a conversation I had with Branwen back in the days, that he is "Sergeant Bjorn".

Suggestion:
Make him "Sergeant Bjorn". That would feel right for me.

G.5.
Description
Orphanage plot, the aforementioned situation with the three kids training with Sergeant Bjorn: The kids hardly recognize me and don't react to me at all. Well, I get it: They are mesmerized by the training of the sergeant, alright. But that doesn't seem to be a good enough explanation for me, when the sergeant stops the training and expressly makes the kids greet me: Still two of the children remain completely speechless. Why is that?

Suggestion:
Give them a few more lines, please. That would feel much better.

Thanks for your time, Seewead thumb.gif

nullset
G1 - As mentioned elsewhere in the mod, the sleeping arrangements in the de'Arnise Keep are somewhat unusual. I leave the resolution of this conundrum to the imagination of the user. Have fun contemplating the possibilities...

G2 - Daleson IS the Majordomo and is introduced as such by Nalia. There is no indication anywhere that Daleson looks after the kids himself. I'm not entirely sure where this is coming from.

G3 - Will alter this dialogue to cover a parked Neera.

G4 - Will change Bjorn to Sargeant Bjorn.

G5 - Of course the two kids ignore you! They are learning military discipline. Bobby greets you because, as Sargeant Bjorn points out EXPLICITLY, he is not taking to the military discipline as well as the other two. You must keep clearly in your mind that, while the keep is your home now, it is still a military installation. Just as you should keep in mind that this romance mod is an addon, and is not intended to replace the game plot.

Note that the next release (v8.5) will be a long time in coming. I will make adjustments as necessary, but will not release them until there are sufficient to warrant a release.
Seewead
Concerning: Rjali Version 8.4

H.1
Description
More of a coincidence, that I just happend to see this: In your new version 8.4 the README says: "Copy weidu-mac over Setup-Jini.exe."

Suggestion
Pretty sure it should say: "[...] over Setup-Rjali.exe." or something similar, isn't it?

Thought, I'd tell you this right away, Seewead

nullset
Thanx, Seewead. Yep. A goof on my part. I just copied the verbiage over from the Jini readme, and forgot to edit it for Rjali. Changing the readme in the Rjali forum, but the zip copy will have to wait for a later release. Hopefully, the error is so obvious that the solution will occur to anybody who needs it.
nullset
@Seewead Found the Tyris Flare stutter bug. It was a stupid typo. My bad. Fixing in v8.5 when I finally issue it. Until then, avoid using Tyris.
Abdelan
Hmmm, after checking out the newest version of Rjali for some reason during the first visit to the circus when I enter the room where Ogre-Aerie is I start a conversation with Rjali how there is something wrong but after it is over the fairy does not appear like it did before and the circus quest ends up without a visit to Sigil. Rjali does not flirt with me either.

Strange, I installed Rjali after all other mods as was recommended and only installed the NPCS that were compatible with Rjali in the readme.

Either I forgot something, something changed or its a bug...
nullset
QUOTE(Abdelan @ Sep 10 2017, 05:08 AM) *
Hmmm, after checking out the newest version of Rjali for some reason during the first visit to the circus when I enter the room where Ogre-Aerie is I start a conversation with Rjali how there is something wrong but after it is over the fairy does not appear like it did before and the circus quest ends up without a visit to Sigil. Rjali does not flirt with me either.

Strange, I installed Rjali after all other mods as was recommended and only installed the NPCS that were compatible with Rjali in the readme.

Either I forgot something, something changed or its a bug...

OK. Now, I'm confused. There is no fairy in the circus quest; never was to the best of my recall. Rjali only starts flirting with you after the 2nd love talk. Love talks don't start until chapter 2 which begins when you visit the shadow thief's home in the slums for the 1st time. The visits to Sigil start when you talk with Horace about your budding multiple romance aspirations. The Horace conversation is NOT triggered by a rub of the lamp. Rjali has to have HER conversation with Horace. You must have had the 2nd love talk. Then, given time, Horace will pop up and things will begin to pop.
Seewead
Hello Nullset, in the last week I found more than enough time to continue my game and further enjoy your mod. And of course, I can make a small contribution to this thread of "bug-reports". Here goes:

Concerning: RJali Version 8.4

I.1.
Description:
Well, I have not yet installed version 8.4; still playing with 8.2 for now. But - out of curiosity - I already looked up the changelog in your Readme for the content of your more recent versions, where it says:

"Version 8.3
- Remove abilities from engagement rings."

But browsing through your files (here: "setup.tra"), this seems to be the case only for the rings of Grace, Annah, Ravel, Jini, RJali and Fay, but not for Imoen. Imoen's Engagement Ring still has the old Invisibility and Improved Hast (at least the description says so).

Suggestion:
Change it for Imoen as well.

I.2.
Description:
I found this in the description of the equipment from Horace - "Killsword" = "Rjali's Longsword" (also in the "setup.tra"-file):
"Damage Bonus = 1000 Solashing"
"Damage Bonus = 1500 Fire/Magic/Cold"

Suggestion:
a.
Tiny spelling error: Slashing.
b.
And I would guess the bonus should be less than 1000 or 1500, shouldn't it?

I.3.
Description:
In the beginning of the game Fay got a Deva's tear from Trias to change her body permanently.

By now I am already in chapter 6 and have returned from Underdark. Then there is the story-plot "A new lead on Morte": Jini sends us to Fhjull, where there is Trias again. When I talk to him, I get this dialogue:
Rjali: "Let me handle this, Charname"
Rjali: "Trias, a friend of ours had her tongue torn out."
... and continuing with the plot of the Deva's tears for Ecco.

Only I already finished that quest ages ago right in Chapter 2! How did I do that, you ask? Well, I bought a deva's tear from Deidre (the resident who is selling PST-goods in Ribald's market). That deva's tear I brought to Ecco. Worked like a charm - she was happy and the could talk without cursing any more.

Writing these lines I just checked about Deidre. Apparently we have her since the Enhanced Edition. But I am not a hundred percent sure how she got the deva's tear: Is that the vanilla-game or is it a mod that does that. Or is it even your mod?

Suggestion:
However Deidre got hold of the Deva's tears. I suggest your mod should check, if Ecco is already satisfied, before the above mentioned dialogue with Trias is initiated.

I.4.
Description:
During the ongoing story-plot "A new lead on Morte" we were on the Piller of Skulls on Baator to find him. I enjoyed the new area.

But before I had the chance to take a good look at it, Rjali goes like: "Can we get out of this place now?" And the only response your mod is allowing me is agreement. Next thing your mod beams me back. I was a bit dissapointed, because I wanted to have a look around. Sure, now I know, that the area is only a very small place. But I wanted to find out for myself.

Suggestion:
Don't "bully" me around. biggrin.gif Let me decide when to leave.

I.5.
Description:
Ravel gave me her hair lock in the very early chapters of the game. And I went to the mace and were able to open the secret hideaway. But there was nothing there. So I want to ask: What was that all about? Can I find something? Is there a little secret to unravel (pun intended)? Was I just to blind to find it? Or does this lie still ahead of me?

Suggestion:
It was great to find the place. Make something out of it, if you please.

I.6.
Description:
In the beginning of the game you presented Jini and I loved her and found her very interesting and promising.

But after the first few visits that wore thin very fast. To put it bluntly: She is utterly silent and boring and doesn't have anything to say.

Suggestion:
Allright, this is not the Jini-mod, I know that. wink.gif But give her a little bit more love and life, why don't you? For example, she could comment a bit on the major incidents of the story:
- like the rescue of Imoen
- like the hold of the deArnise keep
- like the new girls you find: Who does she like most? Is there a girl she doesn't get along that well? Who does she find beautiful? Is she jealous in a way? Does she have some pointers for the girls? Maybe she could invite the one or the other girl to stay with her for a few days or nights? Just to pass a little gossip? I figure she could be interested in Fade, but there is also Ravel, Annah and Grace, who have known her for quite some time. And doesn't she want to find out more about Imoen or Jaheira? They must have known each other during BG1 and your Jini-mod.
- Jini could congratulate you and the other just married girls - how could she forget that? blink.gif

I.7.
Description:
The mirror image: When you come back with Imoen after the rescue, some things are sort of introduced to her. She finds out about your strongholds and she gives nice little comments about them, for example. But nothing on Jini and the Brothal and everything. Just silence. Or did I miss that?

Suggestion:
A warm welcoming would be nice. I even would like to suggest: Make it a big celebration, a hearty "we have her back"-party in the Festhall. Doesn't that feel natural?

I.8.
Description:
When you talk to Doofus, you can have this conversation:
Charname: "There are one or two things I was wondering about."
Charname: "How did you hook up with Jini?"

But you get the very same selection of words every time you visit Doofus. And every time again he answers you with the same words. That doesn't feel real.

Suggestion:
It really would be ok-ish to have him repeat himself. Because otherwise most of the players will not understand everything (or not memorize everything) the first time they read his lines. But you could stop that after some time. After he had this dialogue three times it should be enough. Maybe you could add a little something after that?

I.9.
Description:
A similar "problem" we have with Kesai-Serris. You get this dialogue-option:
Charname: "You should know that your mom and I are in love."
But we tell her that over and over again, whenever we meet her, as if it would be news to her. But it isn't.

Suggestion:
You could change the sentence to: "I guess you know, that your mom Ravel and I enjoy our love together." That way it could stay without becoming silly.

I.10.
Description:
The dialogue of the "parked" Jaheira in the keep is triggered by sight. She is not waiting till you approach her, but starts talking as soon as you get in her line-of-sight.

Suggestion:
No harm done, but without apparent reason, I should think. You could change that and make it like with all the other "parked" girls.

So far so good - next batch on the next posting.

Seewead
More "bug-reports". Keep it coming, you said. biggrin.gif

J.1.
Description:
The moment you and another girl reach a full bloomed romance (RomanceActive=2), your mod initiates the procedure "Rjali scouts the troops". Only that happens without prior checking, if Charname and the new love are in sight of RJali, if I am correct.

Examples:
a.
During her romance Imoen tells me, that I and her are in for a little chat about everything that happened. She expressivly want's me to talk to her in private. So I entered some house in the city with her alone, leaving the group out there in front of the house. Immediately after the following lovetalk Imoen changes to ImoenRomance=2. That triggers RJali's line: "Imoen, eh. You do realize you just mixed nitro and glycerin.". But RJali can't complete the dialogue, because Charname and Imoen are still inside the house. So her line is repeated over and over again. Until I finally managed to get out of the house together with Imoen, so the 2-person-dialogue (sometimes involving even 3 persons) could unfold and finish correctly.
b.
Same happend to me with the Ninde romance. As always there was a rather big delay between the both parts of "Rjali scouts the troops" - the first part ("[Ninde], eh. [...]") and the second part "(With some apprehension, you watch Rjali approach [Ninde])". And just when the second part commenced, Charname was alone in Ribald's market. The dialogue could not end until I got out on the street again.

Suggestion:
Prior check if Charname and the relevant girl are in sight of Rjali.

J.2.
Description:
The parked Nalia has this dialogue-option:
Charname: "Any interesting new projects to keep you occupied and happy?"
Charname: "I do believe you, Nalia. Come on here, and let's organize this bed." (*steamy interlude*)

Only this seems to happens right there in the great audience hall, where Nalia is waiting for you. A little bit to crowded over there for my taste (and Nalia would concur, I am sure about that).

Suggestion:
Slightly change the above sentences - let's get away to her room.

Post Scriptum: See my "bug-report" G.1 (somewhere above): Nalia's room is occupied by Grace. ohmy.gif

J.3.
Description:
With the "parked" Imoen there is no possibilty to have sex during your visit in the keep. Really? Knowing the Imoen mod that does (for me) feel very much out of character.

Suggestion:
You could add something. Please. rolleyes.gif

So much for today - gotta go now. More to come tomorrow. See ya, Seewead

nullset
@seewead:

I1 - It WAS only in the description. Fixing.

I2 - Fixed spelling. Otherwise - nope - that's what I intended. Remember you do NOT have to get it.

I3 - Definite bug. Fixed.

I4 - OK.

I5 - Bug. Now, I prevent you going into that room until the Dakkon quest, which is late in ToB.

I6/I7 - Jini has a life of her own on Sigil. While she is interested in your doings, she is not part of them. I have no plans at this point to integrate her deeper into the main story line. Interesting concept, though. Might ferment into something at a later date. For now, live with it!

I8 - This is typical behaviour in a game. Not worth changing.

I9 - I agree that this is a bit much. Allowing it one time only.

I10 - Unfortunately, this is an artifact of the engine's handling of dialogue of NPCs not in the party. Until I find otherwise, I can do nothing about it.

J1 - Good catch! Fixing.

J2 - I agree. Changing dialogue slightly.

J3 - Nope. Imoen is trying to be a little more decorous. I leave it to your imagination.

P.S. - This is getting major. Changing the new version from 8.5 to 9.0. BTW: It IS the Rjali mod that introduces the Deva Tears to Deidre.
Seewead
Good morning, Nullset. Please allow me to get back again to:

I.10.
QUOTE(nullset @ Sep 11 2017, 03:25 AM) *
I10 - Unfortunately, this is an artifact of the engine's handling of dialogue of NPCs not in the party. Until I find otherwise, I can do nothing about it.

Well, maybe I did not make myself clear: It is only Jaheira, who reacts to Charname on sight. So maybe not an engine-problem? Or could it be engine-Jaheira-related?

Seewead
Now more "bug-reports" from me:

Concerning: RJali Version 8.2 (still)

K.1.
Description:
There are several women who react to the Phaere-scene. Jaheira, Nalia, Neera, Aerie, Viconia, Fade and Imoen come to my mind at once, but there are others (besides Rjali, of course). But the affiliated scripting for these incidents did not foresee your mod with the ability to "park" a woman in the keep. So if you come back from Underdark and invite one of these "parked" girls back in your group, she will immediately check for the relevant Global-Variable (I believe it is PhaereInnuendo=2) and blame you for the act. Only the user of your mod can't understand, how the "parked" girls in the keep could have known about this. Because of this it seems like a bug or at least like something out of place and unreal.

Suggestion:
Righter after the return from Underdark to the deArnise Keep we need some sort of scene, where Rjali fills in the girls about the Phaere-Story. Kind of a "pre-first" group-banter. In a way you have already thought of this. Because later in your first group-banter with all the girls involved, Jaheira tells Rjali: "You told me a bit about the Phaere thing before. Did you see him blush when I mentioned it?". But this explanation comes far to late for me. I couldn't understand how the girls knew. So it really felt dysfunctional to me.

K.2.
Description:
This Phaere reaction gets especially out of place with Nalia: "You have that look, and you have that... smell. Was it really worth it, Charname?".

Smell? As you see: These words could have been spoken only in very direct connection to the sex with Phaere.

Suggestion:
Don't know. As far as I have observed your work so far, you make it a habit of not to change the dialogues of the incorporated romance mods. An exception here? Or leave it be.

By the way: The texts of the other girls are not that much of a problem.

K.3.
Description:
This happens when you a. "park" Jaheira in the Keep before Spellhold, b. return from Underdark and c. you have not invited her in your group again before the first group-banter (with all the girls involved) happens.

Then - for the purpose of the group-banter - all the girls are added to the gathering in the main floor audience hall (and seemingly in your group as well, however you jinx that). Consequently Jaheira starts her Phaere-scene right then in this very moment. But when you want to answer her, it is not you, but Rjali, that gives the answer.
Rjali (instead of Charname): "She forced me, Jaheira. I had no choice if I wanted to maintain our disguise."

Suggestion:
Don't know what went wrong here exactly. Here is my guess: Your (very sophisticated) group-banter with all the girls involved did not expect any other dialogues to fire right then. So it comes to an interference between your group-banter and the other scripted dialogues (here: the Phaere-scene). If that should be the case, then all the more reason to resolve the Phaere-scenes with all the girls prior to your first group-banter (like I suggested above with K.1).

By the way: For Aerie goes the same, only there is no opportunity for you to answer to her reproaching, so there is no problem. But for Neera and Viconia it seemed to be different, at least for me this time: They didn't fire their Phaere dialogue at all. I guess, that is, because you only made it look like they would have joined the group, but technically they never did? Have not checked all the other girls. As I said: Better to resolve this mud with Phaere before the first group-banter, don't you think?

K.4.
Description:
Speaking of this suggested "pre-first" group-banter: Somebody will have to confess to the "parked" girls (who stayed behind), that there are - maybe - one or two more girls in the family by now, who joined during Underdark.

Suggestion:
Could Rjlai do that awkward job?

K.5.
Description:
Well, I have not found out yet, what triggers the forementioned first group-banter with all the girls involved. But I would like to tell you, that it comes too late. Far too late, if you ask me. Some aspects to support my thesis:

a.
For me the first group-banter happened somewhere around the 117th day! Only because I was trying out a _lot_ of mods and mega-mods, I had not gone after Irenicus by then.

b.
Text from your first group-banter:
RJali: "For all you stay-at-homes (hubbub and bruhaha)"
RJali: "Wait! I know it was not by your own choosing, which is why I am gonna tell you all about what happend on our little sojourn to rescue Imoen."

Well, that feels a little odd, doesn't it? After all, we had come back from our rescue a couple of weeks ago and we have already been to the keep multiple times.

Suggestion:
The first group-banter of all the girls should happen during your first return to the Keep. Make it a somewhat longer stay, if you please. Maybe the suggested "pre-first" talk rather soon after the arrival. Then the first group-banter with all the girls after spending the night in the deArnise Keep. It will be our home after all, so why rushing? Besides, the night will give the Phaere-infuriated girls time to simmer down again.

K.6.
Description:
A similar problem is included in the text of Nalia during the first group-banter of the girls.

Nalia: "I worry about what people will say when we go back to the Keep."

That sounds odd, because my first group-banter happend right IN the keep. So no need to get back to it, if you get my meaning. AND we are back from Underdark for quite a while now and have visited the Keep a couple of times already. So Nalia should already know a bit what people will say, doesn't she?

Suggestion:
At least change her line a bit and swap "when we go back to the Keep" with "when we continue to stay in the Keep".

K.7.
Description:
First group-banter of all the girls involved. Charname: (all your women are congregating out of earshot. This can't be good, but if it makes them happy, ...).

RJali: "So we need a place to headquarter, live, and raise children."
Nalia: "I think we should stay at the deArnise keep. [...]"
Nalia: "An excellent idea. I vote we do that."

Suggestion:
Now the last sentence should have been spoken by somebody else, obviously. Nalia is not agreeing on her own idea. I guess it should have been Rjali?

K.8.
Description:
Not a bug maybe, rather an observation: During the first group banter the comments from some of the girls are sometimes not in their original color tone, but come in a decent grey. My guess would be, that the grey lines are coming from women, that are not actually IN the group; only you make it look like it (sort of an emulation/mimicking).

Suggestion:
Not really a reason for change. Everybody should live with the wrong colors quite well. Only thought you should know.

K.9.
Description:
In the forementioned first group-banter of all the girls, Viconia is giving hints for the sex-live to all the girls.

Viconia: "Isra, I can't think of a thing that I can teach you."

???

Suggestion:
You can do better than that! Please, Sir. wub.gif

K.10.
Description:
Jini is not part of the first group-banter.

Suggestion:
Shouldn't she join as well? Would feel right for me.

K.11.
Description:
During your story-plot "A new lead on Morte", you do not get a new quest (for your diary). And though you get at least some sort of entry in your diary later, when you have to do some magic to make him (and bis body) reappear, this was not very helpful for me. Right, I finally made him come back, no problem. But I am quite sure, that quite a few players will have some serious problems here. These potential problems are favoured by the vanilla game, that always gives very clear instructions for every quest in the diary, should the player oversee or forget something. Because I am used to that and trust to find everything I need to know in my diary, I heavily rely on it as well. I guess, I am not the only one. I had to reload to read the conversation about the magical choices again.

Suggestion:
Give more instructions, if you please.

K.12.
Description:
No experience points are given, when Morte comes back to our world of the living.

Suggestion:
You could give a little something.

Thank you for all your time, Seewead thumb.gif

edit: small spelling-errors
nullset
I10 - You were clear, and so was I. I have checked and can see no way that Jaheira is different from the other NPCs.

K1-4 - Stopped all Phaere innuendo comments post Underdark.

K5 - Changing the SoA group banter from sleep to auto-fire. The conditions are: party of 6; at least 3 romances in party; area = keep audience hall; Bodhi dead; and have had Daleson dialogue.

K6 - "go back to" => "settle at".

K7 - Fixed.

K8 - Probably. I do do some fancy things here with shadow characters.

K9 - Nope. Isra is an adept, and Viconia knows it.

K10 - Nope. Jini is on Sigil doing her thing. See my reply to I6/I7 above.

K11 - Already fixed post v8.2.

K12 - Already done. The XP is added when PC reports to Jini.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.