Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bill Bisco - My Testing
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Bill Bisco
Thanks for the mod Vlad. I ran into some problems. I hope it's just something stupid on my part. Your responsiveness and helpfulness is appreciated as always: thumb.gif

Background:
I am using the GoG version of BG2. I installed NeJ 3v70. I have installed only Balderdash Weidu v1.69 prior to installing NeJ 3v70 . I am using no other mods.
I am playing a multiplayer game even though I am not importing any extra characters.

I get blank dialogues between Shar-Teel and Imoen

Imoen Shows up as a “” and not a Charming Rogue

Jaheira shows up as a “” instead of her Custom Kit

Talking to Shar-Teel again was borked. She had a long blank line and left.

On Trying to Enter NeJ Quest, Imoen speaks, but it's still borked. She has no text here: Eventually it's Minsc's turn to speak and I can't do anything: The game is fried as I'm stuck in a dialog that can't end.

My Weidu log is below:

CODE
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BDTOBV169.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.69 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV169.TP2~ #0 #1 // RESTORED TWISTED RUNE QUEST
~SETUP-BDTOBV169.TP2~ #0 #2 // RESTORED HINDO'S DOOM
~SETUP-BDTOBV169.TP2~ #0 #3 // GRAND MASTERY FIX (by James Schumacher)
~SETUP-BDTOBV169.TP2~ #0 #4 // IMPROVED COPPER CORONET
~SETUP-BDTOBV169.TP2~ #0 #5 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE
~SETUP-BDTOBV169.TP2~ #0 #6 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV169.TP2~ #0 #7 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV169.TP2~ #0 #8 // Additional fixes for v1.70
~SETUP-BDTOBV169.TP2~ #0 #9 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-NEJ2V70.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Third Edition v7.0
~SETUP-NEJ2V70.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2V70.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V70.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V70.TP2~ #0 #4 // New Jaheira Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V70.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V70.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-NEJ2V70.TP2~ #0 #7 // New content for Part I
~SETUP-NEJ2V70.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ2V70.TP2~ #0 #14 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
Vlad
Hi Bill,

Thanks for your report.

I also use now the GOG version, but I have never tried a multiplayer game.

Your original dialog.tlk file is not readable for some unknown reason. I mean no strings have been added to your dialog.tlk file during installation. Could you please confirm that with starting a regular game (not a multiplayer game). My guess this is a pure computer problem, maybe you don't have admin permissions to modify files in your computer or something like this. You need to check all that.

Let me know how it's going.
Bill Bisco
I can confirm the problem happens in Single Player as well. I use a mutli install instance tool to keep track of multiple baldur's gate installations. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that there might be some issue with my instance and the fact that NeJ3.70 wants to install to the classic CD location and doesn't auto detect my GoG install.

However, I have installed other mods in other BG2 installs just fine along with Dialog. I'll try another fresh install later and see what happens. Maybe a fluke or something.
Senka
that NeJ3.70 wants to install to the classic CD location and doesn't auto detect my GoG install.

What do you mean? A lot of mods want to install to Program Files (and BD and NeJ too) but you need to specify installation path manually. As usual smile.gif
Sorry if I didn't understand your problem correctly...
lambada
I also use GoG version, it works fine. There's something else happening here. You might want to check with an editor if you can read new entries in .tlk file (search for new items description etc.).
Since you use several installs it's likely to be the cause of this issue- maybe your .tlk file is misplaced in another install.
Vlad
You might want to check with an editor if you can read new entries in .tlk file (search for new items description etc.).

Yes, I agree. Something wrong is with dialog.tlk. Check if you can edit it using Near Infinity, for example.

EDIT: Is it possible that you install to different locations (if you have multiple installs)?
Vlad
By the way, Imoen is real Imoen - Melissa Disney. biggrin.gif
mystymoo
Just started the Leina quest

Noticed a small glitch -

Talk to Samuel, check out the room, find stuff, come back to samuel - then this

Vlad
Ok. This is what you got when you install or reinstall, but use the previous save game.

Save games store strings, which are read from your current dialog.tlk file. In fact, dialog.tlk reads from the dialogues only string numbers and return the string contained inside under this number. If you changed somehow modify your installation, all the characters you met, all the areas you visited, all of them are stored in your saved game, but the string numbers correspond to the previous dialog.tlk. I hope it's more or less clear. laugh.gif

For conclusion - new installation = new game, otherwise all previous game elements (creatures, areas, items) will be literally messed.

That's why when I've uploaded a new version, I asked only those who haven't started the game - to install it. smile.gif
mystymoo
Okay did this - Restarted, fresh game,

Then I ran straight to the Leina quest just to see if I could at least get the chat log up.

I ramsack the room but now I get murdered every single time -

Linking to image instead of putting it here in case it's a plot spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/7eU2XOE.jpg

again, BRAND NEW GAME, I pretty much just skipped straight to bridge after getting the quest at Slums

Okay so, small edit again - This time instead of taking... things with me, I left them after reading I put the stuff back

But now I go back to the glitch from my previous post with the "no strings/valid links"

Also I am sorry if this looks like I am being difficult, I am just wanting to help out, the mod is amazing thus far this is the first quest glitch I had ran into - If what happens in the screenshot is supposed to happen I'll get my riddle head on but I don't think it's supposed to

Senka
I ramsack the room but now I get murdered every single time -

Hrothgar must be in your party
Vlad
Yes, I've introduced this notification just to remind people that you're cheating, using cheat codes, jumping between locations, doing things that technically break the games. NeJ3 is more or less about Hrothgar and his story, so using the cheat code, bypassing the whole plot and jumping directly to Leina's quests would surely ruin the game.

If you don't want to repeat all that you have done already in NeJ, but use your previously saved game, you can do that using Near Infinity, for example. In this case, you can modify your saved game or just adjust strings in your saved game. I did it many times after fresh installations, but I know what should be modified. The same is about dialogues. If you know what is the dialogue about, which sentences (strings) you're looking for, you can update your dialogues. But all this takes a lot of time. The better option would be for sure to repeat everything from the very beginning, maybe with a different protagonist and different NPCs. You can join Accalia for example in the temple of Everard. She will have some nice banters with Hrothgar. You can take Minsc with you. Anyway, this is how it should be.

EDIT: If the only problem with that dialogue of Samuel, I suggest that you leave it as it is. I can fix it inside your saved game if you send me your saved game. Just tell me what's your installation. Did you use the last file which I have recently uploaded? Then I'll send you back your saved game, and you'll continue from that point.
mystymoo
I'm perfectly happy to slow down and not jump my way there - if the problem arises again with me going at the correct pace I'll let you know smile.gif I just wanted to skip there for the purposes of seeing if that chat was fixed, I'll go at slowmo pace this time - It doesn't bother me starting over in the slightest smile.gif - I just wanted to see if that chat was working

Had to clear my BG game, and do a fresh install but everything is (THUS FAR *knocks on wood*) working perfectly - Fortunately I only have Baldurdash, Nej3 and Edwin romance installed so it was a quick revamp - Starting a new game wasn't enough probably just something on my end, but fresh install of the game and everything is working good

Vlad
I hope you've installed Edwin romance after NeJ3?
Vlad
If you know how to check the variables, please check the following before or after you have this phrase of Samuel:

VP_ResqueLeina, GLOBAL

EDIT: You need to go upstairs, check her room, get flowers and letter, then go to CC, talk to Govan, then return to Samuel.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Vlad @ May 19 2015, 03:57 PM) *
I hope you've installed Edwin romance after NeJ3?

Yes, I installed Edwin as a last. I need some male attention, and sadly Anomen makes me want to kill kittens

At Least Edwin I can take my aggression out on him.
Vlad
If you play BGT with NeJ3, then you'll have an improved Edwin. smile.gif
mystymoo
QUOTE(Vlad @ May 19 2015, 05:48 PM) *
If you play BGT with NeJ3, then you'll have an improved Edwin. smile.gif

wub.gif A better Edwin?

Vlad
Yes, and continuous. BGT is nice. And there are special components in NeJ3 relating only to BGT. Shar-Teel, Edwin, Imoen, Viconia, Jaheira, Minsc - all continuous.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Vlad @ May 19 2015, 06:25 PM) *
Yes, and continuous. BGT is nice. And there are special components in NeJ3 relating only to BGT. Shar-Teel, Edwin, Imoen, Viconia, Jaheira, Minsc - all continuous.

ooh shinny, I'll go locate my BG disk wub.gif hopefully this mod will keep me entertained lots until Keldorn wink.gif

And then I can play it all over again muahahahhaa
Bill Bisco
Alright,

I reinstalled. Again, I have only Baldurdash and NeJ3v70 installed.

I think the problem may have been that that Baldur.ini of my instance had wrong references. At any rate, regardless of the reason, it seems to work fine now.

I started a new Multiplayer game. This time I imported some sample NPCs to start:

Since Shar-Teel actually starts in a Multiplayer cage, she starts shunted out of her cage. She's still not considered free, as you have to find the appropriate key and free her in order for her to join your party.

Interestingly, There's a second Imoen where the Cutscene Imoen began. If you pause the game and try to talk to her, she won't disappear and you can get two Imoens.

I'm going to keep them both. One will remain a thief while the other one will become a mage. I get the best of both worlds! As a note, if you edit the cage nearest Jaheira to make it walkable and put a door there, that might serve as a good place to put Shar-Teel as the Multiplayer NPCs won't spawn there.,

In the below text dialogue, Imoen references Irenicus. I'm not sure she actually knows his name yet. I could be wrong though.

Bill Bisco
So in Easthaven, I failed to pickpocket a man in his house. Instantaneously, the woman outside of the house knew evertyhing and turned red as well. In fact, the entire town outside and inside of every building turned red to me.

I was tired after killing goblins and decided to rest. No issue. In fact, there's no need for inns. You can rest outside as much as you want without issue.

Now mind you not that killing any of these townsfolk affects your reputation. In fact, my own loss of reputation was after refusing to give the boy back his fish.

I entered this inn and Hrothgar gives me this speech about how anyone harming people in this town will answer to him. Apparently he's the only one that knows that I'm a failed pickpocket and reluctant murderer (my summoned skeleton auto attacked the red woman and slew her, oops!)

Suggestion: Implement a reputation penalty for killing townsfolk
Suggestion: Make it so that a failure to pickpocket an individual will red them but not the entire town. of Easthaven.
Suggestion: Implement random guards discouraging you from resting outside like other towns in the Baldur's Gate series.

Bill Bisco

Pomhab is dead! Silly Hrothgar.

Hrothgar continually spouts out these lines. Quite annoying.
Bill Bisco
I talked to Accalia as soon as I entered the Temple of Tempus. We had a very nice conversation. Unfortunately immediately after, like all the townsfolk in Easthaven, she turned red on me. She died unfortunately.

The Priest of Tempus in the back didn't do anything. Didn't lift a Hammer or Cast a spell. So much for the Lord of Battles!

Bill Bisco
Apparently Dar is being attacked by Winter Wolves. I have Jaheira and Minsc with me, two animal lovers with the ability to Charm Animals. I actually do not want to kill these winter wolves. I'd rather make them my friends. Apparently though, they're obsessed with Attacking Dar and Dar will not calm down until these tamed animals are dead. He will not talk to me otherwise!

Even though they're out of his sight, he knows that they're still there

Dar: I hate wolves!

Senka
Tell me why do you need this mod if you start to ruin it from the very beginning?
Bill Bisco
QUOTE(Senka @ May 22 2015, 06:07 AM) *
Tell me why do you need this mod if you start to ruin it from the very beginning?

All I did was fail a pickpocket and then instantly the whole town redlined me! I mean I had 100 pickpocket and still failed against this drunken dude that wanted some wine (which I gave him, which was also stolen). I'm a thief! I'm supposed to steal!

Even after clearing out this Orc Cavern and resting over a day, Dar still doesn't want to talk to me. (I think he still thinks there's wolves nearby). Which there are and they haven't disappeared. I still don't want to kill them.

Suggestion: Have Dar talk to you if there aren't hostiles within range.
Bill Bisco

Pomhab is dead. And Hrothgar still constantly repeats himself. At this point the protagonist is stuck and cannot continue.

Suggestion: Don't force the PC to talk to Pomhab to continue the quest.
Senka
I mean I had 100 pickpocket and still failed
Because you need 200 for success
I'm a thief! I'm supposed to steal!

This is major delusion.
I still don't want to kill them.

Please remove this beautiful mod from your computer and do not bother us with your experiments. Never!
Bill Bisco
Since I think the main quest is borked. I went back and reluctantly killed the two winter wolves and Dar suddenly got talkative. I went to kick out one of my Imoens when she gave me this conversation:

This is the Irenicus Dungeon Kickout message. Not sure if this is intentional, but sneak out of here doesn't seem to fit. Perhaps a different message? "Leave me alone in the cold winter?"
Vlad
thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

[EDIT] Bill, this is for you. I've almost dropped from my chair laughing.
Vlad
Jan is back, so hopefully she will adjust dialogue options for crazy goblin mode of playing NeJ3. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Seriously, if you wipe off the whole town with blood how can you get quests and continue further? In fact, in this situation, what should be done is just to make Hrothgar hostile, which would instantly ends your game.
Senka
so hopefully she will adjust dialogue options for crazy goblin mode of playing NeJ3.

And in gibberish I think... rolleyes.gif
Vlad
And in gibberish I think...

I feel that the multiplayer button should be indeed replaced with ToB as we discussed. Alternatively, Movies button can be replaced.
Vlad
Bill, if again seriously, there is a problem with those two Imoens, particularly if they have different DVs. But even with the same DV, the outcome dialogue and script options maybe unpredictable and even game breaking.

[EDIT] I made two sets of dialogues for Imoen DV and Imoen2 DV just to account for the game with and without BGT before Ascension switched to Imoen2 only.
Senka
I vote for multiplayer button rolleyes.gif
lambada
I've had a similar issue with Dar as well. He wouldn't talk (I didn't kill of inhabitants, he simply wouldn't talk). It worked fine after I reinstalled however.
Vlad
His variable is set for killing all wolves and CombatCounter(0). Once all wolves are killed and the fight is over he should talk. I can amend it as Bill asked just for CombatCounter(0) so the animal lovers may enjoy saving poor wolves from cruel Dar. biggrin.gif
Bill Bisco
That'd be great Vlad, thanks! Minsc and Jaheira would appreciate it too! I'll respond more later. Thanks for your replies.
Bill Bisco
QUOTE(Vlad @ May 22 2015, 07:05 AM) *
Seriously, if you wipe off the whole town with blood how can you get quests and continue further? In fact, in this situation, what should be done is just to make Hrothgar hostile, which would instantly ends your game.

I guess Vlad that's up to you as the modder/designer and what you're willing to implement smile.gif

From a player's perspective, we like multiple options on how to proceed with the game and solve problems and sometimes in ways that the designer did not think of beforehand. We like multiple routes and the ability to explore and create our own quests. For a lot of others and myself, BG1 is our favorite of the Baldur's Gate Series because it had a lot of freedom of exploration. In my games, I went all the way up and down the map before finally arriving at Nashkel. My character didn't care about some silly Iron Crisis; that had nothing to do with him. He was glad to finally be out of Candlekeep and be able to explore.

For example, when I first arrived in Easthaven I was like "Wow. How do I get back home? Maybe there's a portal up a snowy mountain nearby that will return me. I guess I better get equipped and go find it." When I explored the map, I realized that there is only one map exit from Easthaven. Apparently I'm forced to take this caravan with Hrothgar, I cannot just go to the wilderness and find it for myself.

Another example, your NPC ,Shar-Teel, has lots of dialogue encouraging you to be more violent and not to take crap from anyone being rude to you. However, the mod doesn't actually let me follow through with these suggestions. If Pomnab the insufferable insulting Calimshite dies or goes red on your party, you're screwed because Hrothgar insists that you talk to Pomnab before leaving and you cannot leave except through talking to Hrothgar.

A third example. I usually try to semi-roleplay my games and I don't like reloading. Normally if you fail a pick pocket, that doesn't cause the whole town to hate you. If I have to reload the game for pickpocket, I guess I'll do it. But, I'd rather fail in stride and still be able to continue the game.

Ideally in my mind, the mod isn't dependent on individual npcs to move along. I haven't read the spoilers, but ideally you can get to BG2 without the game breaking and your PC becoming unable to progress (like mine is in Attempt #2). The other alternative which seems easier is to have all plot critical NPCs become unkillable and un-reddable. So, they'll always talk to the PCs and can't be killed which would break the game. This is a much better way of handling plot critical NPCs as opposed to the BG2 method of Arkanis Gath.

Also, I suggest you try a multiplayer game sometime. It can be a lot of fun. That multiplayer button is one definite thing that makes Baldur's Gate better than a lot of games including Pillars of Eternity and the upcoming Torment: Tides of Numenera. The movies can all be found online so a movie button seems unnecessary. Of course, you could just use a different UI, one that works off of the default ToB UI and let's you choose which game you want to start anyway.
Bill Bisco
So, I'm reloading my game. I'm reloading to back before I failed my pickpocket save. Since failing a pickpocket will cause the entire town to go red on you and break the mod, I'll just reload whenever I fail.

One note before continuing, NPCs in Easthaven say that they have no items on them

But, when they die, they reveal that these people actually carry a fair bit of gold on them. It would make the game more fun if we could successfully pickpocket the citizens.

Alright, so now I know your name, Everard eh? The Pacifist Priest of the God of Battles. Got. During this playthrough I actually didn't visit the tavern before talking to this Priest. I don't even know who Hrothgar is, yet my character references his name.

It'd be really nice to be able to cast stone to flesh on this disk....or steal it.

It'd be really nice to be able to steal from this crippled Pacifist Priest of the God of War.

This nice chest contains a winter wolf pelt, crossbow and bolts. Jaheira can use the latter.

This man wants this wolf dead in his house hmm. I don't want to kill it. Maybe, I can use the pelt I already have?

Crap, it doesn't register. I'll have to face the wolf directly.

I charmed the wolf. I did not want to kill it. Can I find an alternative? Can I pickpocket this charmed wolf? YES! I cannot pickpocket gold, but I can steal wolf hides without the wolf noticing!

Everybody wins!

Vlad
Bill, thanks for your valuable comments. BG1 is different from BG2 in that it's much less plot oriented. I agree. In BG1 you can virtually do anything without breaking a plot because you're hunting one final character, Sarevok, and nothing else matters.

Now, imagine in BG2 you start chaotically killing the key NPCs, first you kill Aran Linvail, no matter you can still help Bodhi. But you didn't accep her quest. You cannot come and say sorry. Now you kill her. You're stuck. The same with killing folks in Athkatla. Failing pickpocketing in Copper Coronet, and the whole area turns hostile - you cannot proceed with the slavers quest anymore. Oh, I've always wanted to kill Saemon on the first sight, but it would again instantly end my game.

NeJ like BG2 is plot oriented. Deviating from the plot from the beginning won't give you any options to proceed. Inside sub-quests, no problems, but the key NPCs decide your plot. Killing Arundel or not following his quests is plot breaking even in IWD. This is not BG1, but BG2 style game, where you should follow the main plot.

Shar Teel has many crazy ideas, but Hrothgar tells her that this is his quest, not her, and she is free to leave. Of course, you can drop Hrothgar and follow Shar Teel, clean Kuldahar from inhabitants before orcs will have done so. But then this is a different game, not NEJ, and even not IWD.

I'll follow your advice and smooth the game decision options in Easthaven, but that's all I'll do. I cannot rework the whole mod just to suit the taste and gaming style of a single player, a respectable player.

Btw, you're not forced to proceed with the quest of killing that poor wolf. Why not to ignore it?

The dialogue of Everard refers to Hrothgar in assumption you have already met him. So no issues here either. Just ignore that dialogue option if you have no idea who is Hrothgar. That's why you have several response options.

As I said, I'll rework Easthaven as you ask. But only Easthaven. Then you'll be able to kill guys without alarming the whole town. As for Pomab, he is a semi-key character on your way to the final battle, so you cannot kill him now either. Even your protagonists explains to Shar Teel that it's not wise to kill the prominent citizen of this city and alarm the whole city. Just wait until the final chapter. I promise you'll enjoy that battle. biggrin.gif

[EDIT] I have never played mutiplayer, so I don't know the pros and cons of that approach. I even don't know how to mod the multiplayer game, is there anything special about that except multiplayer synchronisation in cutscenes?
Senka
I promise you'll enjoy that battle

And you'll be able to crush his ... head at least... Or smth else.
Vlad
Bill, I'm introducing the following blocks in each script in Easthaven, so from now on you can pickpocket people getting just one warning if you fail. If you get caught twice, the people may turn hostile randomly (may or may not).

CODE
IF
    !Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    PickPocketFailed([PC])
    Global("VP_Enough_IsEnough","LOCALS",1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        Enemy()
        Continue()
END

IF
    PickPocketFailed([PC])
    RandomNum(9,1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,76827) // I wouldn't try that again. Thieves are not welcome in these parts.
        SetGlobal("VP_Enough_IsEnough","LOCALS",1)
        Continue()
END

IF
    PickPocketFailed([PC])
    RandomNum(9,2)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,76828) // That better not have been your hand I felt in my pocket.
        Continue()
END

IF
    PickPocketFailed([PC])
    RandomNum(9,3)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,76829) // You thieving scoundrel. I'll let you off this time with a warning, but next time...
        Continue()
END

IF
    PickPocketFailed([PC])
    RandomNum(9,4)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,76830) // Watch yourself, stranger. Pickpocketing is risky business - especially when your as clumsy as you seem to be.
        Continue()
END

IF
    PickPocketFailed([PC])
    RandomNum(9,5)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,76831) // Hey, watch it! Keep your hands to yourself, friend.
        Continue()
END

IF
    PickPocketFailed([PC])
    RandomNum(9,6)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,76832) // I don't appreciate the attempt at theft. You'd better behave yourself.
        Continue()
END

IF
    PickPocketFailed([PC])
    RandomNum(9,7)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,76833) // You're lucky I'm a forgiving person. Don't try to steal from me again.
        Continue()
END

IF
    PickPocketFailed([PC])
    RandomNum(9,8)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,76834) // Keep your distance. You think I can't tell what you were doing just now?
        Continue()
END

IF
    PickPocketFailed([PC])
    RandomNum(9,9)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,76835) // What were you just doing? I'd like to ask that you step away, thank you.
        Continue()
END
Bill Bisco
Vlad, that is some really cool code there! cool.gif I really like you have random different dialogue options to put some variety in there. I should love to test it later!

I'll follow your advice and smooth the game decision options in Easthaven, but that's all I'll do. I cannot rework the whole mod just to suit the taste and gaming style of a single player, a respectable player.

As I said, I'll rework Easthaven as you ask. But only Easthaven. Then you'll be able to kill guys without alarming the whole town. As for Pomab, he is a semi-key character on your way to the final battle, so you cannot kill him now either. Even your protagonists explains to Shar Teel that it's not wise to kill the prominent citizen of this city and alarm the whole city. Just wait until the final chapter. I promise you'll enjoy that battle. biggrin.gif

Thank you Vlad. That's really wonderful; the ability to not get stuck in the NEJ quest and be able to get back to BG2 is really important. In BG1, key plot characters such as Duke Eltan cannot be hurt or killed by the player; that's one way to prevent the game getting stuck.

Btw, you're not forced to proceed with the quest of killing that poor wolf. Why not to ignore it?
I admit to having some fun with my posts but I am trying to fully test this mod as best as I can. This means that I talk to and pickpocket every NPC, open every container, and try to complete every quest even though I would play differently if I weren't bug/mod testing. So since I needed to test this quest, I wanted to see if I could complete it without actually killing the wolf. He wouldn't accept another wolf pelt, but he would accept an alternate wolf pelt even though the item name was the same. However, I was able to pick pocket the pelt from the living wolf and give it to the man and complete the quest that way! So I was able to satisfy both my intent to test the mod as well as my intent to closer roleplay my PC. Also, I don't necessarily advocate removing this exploit; sometimes funny things like this make the game more enjoyable.

[EDIT] I have never played mutiplayer, so I don't know the pros and cons of that approach. I even don't know how to mod the multiplayer game, is there anything special about that except multiplayer synchronisation in cutscenes?

The other items include that every time you load a game, you're promted to approve characters by clicking their checkbox and then starting. What this means is that you can import characters into the game at any time; so if you're playing your game and you'd like your friend to join you with their custom character, they can join in easily. You can also delete characters at any time, so if your friend leaves and you want to continue playing, you can easily just remove them. This also means that you can delete the main PC and replace them at any time. So if your main PC is a Female Elf Mage, you could replace them with a Male Dwarven Cleric. The game will still think that your PC is a Female Elf Mage, so the dialogue, romance, and stronghold options will remain with what you started the game as.

Multiplayer can be a lot of fun. I'd definitely recommend trying it at least once or twice. It's nice to work with an fellow intelligent human being to fight battles with and not have to control 6 NPCs. I would definitely enjoy playing with you, and I'm sure that many other people would enjoy playing with you as well.
Bill Bisco
If you let the righteous wolves eat Dar, they will stand there motionless if even your PC is nearby. Perhaps they should flee the scene?

The wolves will stand there motionless even if they're being attacked. Perhaps they should fight back or flee?

Dar complains that I'm not helping him, but I totally am! From a safe distance of course

I charmed Dar, now he's red. He actually will never speak to you if he's charmed and he cannot join you if he has ever been charmed (because he thinks you're evil). If you haven't installed ToBEx, then you can't talk to charmed creatures

Dar grants no xp

If you summon a skeleton towards the edge of the blackness, the wolves will attack the skeleton and not Dar. And, these winter wolves will never hurt the skeleton.

These winter wolves have perfect morale. One regular skeleton killed all 5 of them and not one of them ran away even though the skeleton never took any damage! Bravo!

Dar apparently pretty silent about the fact that he just stood there while 5 winter wolves attacked an innocent skeleton.

In fact, you can't even talk to him. He's permanently mute at the horrors he's just seen. Poor Dar!

Dar refers to me as "your people". My character is a Half-Orc. Perhaps he should notice this and have different dialogue resultingly.

Bill Bisco
If you charm a Boring Beetle, it almost instantly turns hostile again. Not much fun.

Frost Giant Yellow Snow Melt? That sounds like pee.

I still have the fish bone, but the little boy who wants it is nowhere to be found

Bill Bisco
I still have no idea what this Sirine wants. Dar should have a comment yes?

If you tell Hrothgar you'd rather fish than go on an expedition, you cannot talk to him again and the game is borked. You cannot retalk to him to change your mind. Game is borked.

At least this time, now that I completed the caravan quest first, Hrothgar is not constantly force talking me.

I told Hrothgar that I wanted him with me, then I removed him from the party. He followed me and I told him to remain where we were.

Hrothgar can join you again. But, you'll never leave Easthaven. Game is Borked.

Vlad
Bill, I'm uploading the new version with what I've promised to change for you. But all this experimental stuff that you show is for our mutual amusement only. Don't expect me to do anything with that. laugh.gif

[EDIT] I suggest you start disassembling the original game this way. Maybe guys from EE would like to work on that. laugh.gif
Bill Bisco
QUOTE(Vlad @ May 25 2015, 07:54 PM) *
Bill, I'm uploading the new version with what I've promised to change for you. But all this experimental stuff that you show is for our mutual amusement only. Don't expect me to do anything with that. laugh.gif

[EDIT] I suggest you start disassembling the original game this way. Maybe guys from EE would like to work on that. laugh.gif

Hi Vlad, I don't know what you mean by "experimental" stuff. All these ways that Hrothgar won't take you on an expedition are issues that bork the game. Dar not talking to you borks him joining your party.

Should I restart? What should I look for differently besides pickpocketing in this new version?

EE came and went without me noticing and I was not asked to beta test ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.