Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BG2 Quote Game
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Baronius
Let's play a game!
Someone tells a quote, others will try to guess who (what NPC, creature etc.) said it in the game, and the person who successfully guesses it in the game can tell a new quote, and others will try to guess this, and who successfully guesses it can tell another quote, and so on.

I've already started a similar thread in BG1 forum with a quote, now someone else could start this game here, have fun!
jastey
Ooh I can start this one, then! smile.gif

OK, my apologies in advance I'm sure it's not real a "quote" as I never played the English version of the game. I hope somebody guesses right nonetheless!

"So, he is just a bit like you then, hm, Ano?"

I LOVE that one! biggrin.gif
Baronius
Is (s)he a joinable NPC? smile.gif
jastey
yes smile.gif
Baronius
The character who says this is talking to Anomen... hmm perhaps he is talking to himself. Is the solution Anomen?
jastey
no smile.gif

(the talk being addressed to Anomen is right, though. Anomen wasn't pleased by this remark at all. Ups- that wasn't a "yes" or "no" answer... )

As I said - it's only a translation... Well, but keep on guessing, folks! Who of the joinable NPCs could say something like that? tongue.gif
Rabain
I would say it was Imoen as i think she is one of the few people who would refer to Anomen as Ano!
jastey
no smile.gif
(You tell me if I should give more hints)
Baronius
Male or female? tongue.gif
jastey
male smile.gif
Awake
edwin?
jastey
Did you see any comments in brackets? wink.gif -No

(I think it's pointless that you now try all male NPCs of BGII, do you want me to give the answer?)

Maybe some more hints: It's in the temple of Helm, after accepting the quest of investigating the sect of the seeing eye (or was it blind eye), when the group was told to watch out for Keldorn in the sewerage. Anomen makes one of his charming remarks about Keldorn and then somebody answers... see above. smile.gif )
Chevar
QUOTE(jastey @ Sep 24 2004, 06:51 AM)
Did you see any comments in brackets? wink.gif -No

(I think it's pointless that you now try all male NPCs of BGII, do you want me to give the answer?)

Maybe some more hints: It's in the temple of Helm, after accepting the quest of investigating the sect of the seeing eye (or was it blind eye), when the group was told to watch out for Keldorn in the sewerage. Anomen makes one of his charming remarks about Keldorn and then somebody answers... see above. smile.gif )

It's an interesting and obscure one.. I'm hearing minsc's voice in my head, but that doesn't mean much - I always hear his voice in my head wink.gif.

At that point of the game I normally have Haer Dallas and Minsk with me.. I've gone down there with almost every combo at one point or another and can't remember that convo ever happening.. the only character I never pick up is Korgan, so Either I forgot about it entirely, or it's Korgan's remark.
jastey
It always depends on who gets the chance to talk, but it wasn't Korgan, either.
(Oh dear, I really would be interested in what the real quote would have looked like.. OK, you keep on guessing and I will give the # state ref tonight. wink.gif )

I always hear his voice in my head
poor soul...
laugh.gif
Awake
CERND!!!

by the way, i am almost 100% sure this is wrong. but acting confident never hurt anyone
jastey
no

OK,OK, this guy usually talks very much, it's an unusual short remark for him...

So now it's clear, isn't it??????
Chevar
QUOTE(jastey @ Sep 24 2004, 08:39 AM)
I always hear his voice in my head
poor soul...
laugh.gif

"Oh, he's a smart one!" LOL

short remark.. windbag? oh that would be that damned gnome that I avoid like the plague! whatsisface..
Awake
jan!!!
Chevar
QUOTE(Awake @ Sep 24 2004, 08:49 AM)
jan!!!

jan jansen yeah that's the little twit that everyone wishes he never knew anyone in his family..
jastey
YES Jan Jannsen it was.
*phew* That was harder than I thought sad.gif OK, now somebody gives me the original phrase, please!!!!!!

JANJ.d 129 (#50032)

Awake: You give the next quote.
Awake
"So.... what you're saying is he's not too different from yourself, eh, Ano?"

-Jan Jansen

"Yes, that sounds wonderful. Shall we start now?"

-????

sorry, best i could come up with on such short notice. don't expect any hints, i'm going to sleep.

i better get a golden cross for winning....
jastey
Is it a quest-related non-joinable female?
Chevar
QUOTE(jastey @ Sep 24 2004, 12:04 PM)
Is it a quest-related non-joinable female?

It's a non joinable NPC.. I had to look it up so wont answer.

This NPC is involved in one of the quests.
jastey
Now others are giving hints, too...? wink.gif

Well, I say it's the young prostitute before you let her sniff at different scents to convict the murderer in the bridge district, I don't recall her name.
Thorium Dragon
Yoshimo?
Sir-Kill
Well, I say it's the young prostitute before you let her sniff at different scents to convict the murderer in the bridge district, I don't recall her name

Rose bouquet

EDIT: er 'em, the name that jastey was looking for, for anybody's confusion
Awake
nope, i'll give another hint, i feel that this one will really give it away, but i may be wrong. He/she should be dead.
Sir-Kill
Relias shi (sp?) astral prison
Awake
nope, and i believe the spelling is raelis, last name escapes me. keep on guessing......
Sir-Kill
I'm drawing a blank... should be dead???????
Awake
as in should not be alive. could be alive, but most likely not.
Sir-Kill
is the person in the planar sphere?
Awake
no, i'm trying to think of another hint. Think "in the beginning"
no, that quote is nowhere in the game that i can think of, but it will possibly answer the question. or not. i didn't think this would be so hard, but then again, i don't think everyone sees it. or they skip right over it, just entirely ignoring the whole bit.
Rabain
Viconia?

She would be dead if you hadn't saved her!
Awake
nope, guess again. but you did get the right idea. except that as Chevar stated earlier, it isn't a joinable NPC
Chevar
QUOTE(Awake @ Sep 25 2004, 02:43 AM)
nope, guess again. but you did get the right idea. except that as Chevar stated earlier, it isn't a joinable NPC

They wont get it.. I remembered the name but couldn't place it even after seeing it - Awake just had to spell it out for me lol.

really minor cameo roll.. and btw; I didn't remember him at all from bg1.
Awake
yeah. OK, REALLY BIG HINT. Before you meet Elminster you will meet this guy, who happens to be in BG2, too. <---BGTUTU, hehe. Looks like a thief. May actually be one. Umm... it is a he. here, if you don't get it with this one, i really don't know what else i could say to help you guys out. He tries to kill you. Come on, how many pages am i going to take up with my quote?
Chevar
QUOTE(Awake @ Sep 25 2004, 04:21 AM)
yeah. OK, REALLY BIG HINT. Before you meet Elminster you will meet this guy, who happens to be in BG2, too. <---BGTUTU, hehe. Looks like a thief. May actually be one. Umm... it is a he. here, if you don't get it with this one, i really don't know what else i could say to help you guys out. He tries to kill you. Come on, how many pages am i going to take up with my quote?

It's too obscure.

his name is also a term used when refering to tools, really thin blades, or a cut of meat from the leg of an animal.
Awake
oh, good one chevar. and also a slang word. really, i did not expect this to be so difficult. but i'm in the spotlight for a little bit. YAY! ahem, sorry
Chevar
QUOTE(Awake @ Sep 25 2004, 05:00 AM)
oh, good one chevar. and also a slang word. really, i did not expect this to be so difficult. but i'm in the spotlight for a little bit. YAY! ahem, sorry

That's okay, I'll just have you look over my Yaunti Woods master map looking for seams as your punishment wink.gif (12800x5120) muhuhaha!

oh that's not a typo.. and that's the middle (still have to finish the center stripe)
Awake
AHHHH!!!! (12800x5120)? That's really big. Anyways, back to the topic, which i don't think anyone has had a chance to look at. Another hint is, it's not sarevok. Obviously, according to previous hints.
Sir-Kill
shank
Awake
and we have a winner!!! Congratulations, Sir-Kill. Now it's your turn.
Sir-Kill
“The good of the garrison is my concern”
Sir-Kill
need a hint?
jastey
Seems like it...
Is it from SoA or ToB part?
Awake
i think i know who it is. does it have to do with d'arnise
Sir-Kill
Soa
And not D'Arnise.
Sir-Kill
male, non-joinable
Awake
thought mine was difficult.... how about.... an amnish soldier?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.