Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BG2 Quote Game
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Kabuki
The Spokesman for the Order of the Radiant Heart's party that attacks you when you enter Windspear Hills. He's an Ogre Mage at the time.
Rabain
The Spokesman for the Order of the Radiant Heart's party that attacks you when you enter Windspear Hills. He's an Ogre Mage at the time

We have a winner! It doesn't say it at the time but this is meant to be Ajantis, you only find out after you kill them all!

Your turn Kabuki!
Kabuki
This should be even simpler than my BG1 question... it is also one of my favorite lines in the game... the voicing is brilliant smile.gif

"Most recently from Calimport, where I needn't return quickly due to the sensitivity of one particular huzzah..."

Ps. You only find out that it is Ajantis if you have Keldorn in the party iirc.
Sir-Kill
Kahn zarah(SP?) the dao jinn?
Kabuki
Nope, although he also has one of the coolest voices in the whole game smile.gif And is also from Calimshan.

Hint: The person is introduced to you somewhere in Athkatla
Baronius
Must be a merchant, the sound I recall is a merchant's voice I think...
Kabuki
The only merchant with cool voicing is the guy in Adventuremart [Ribald Barterman]... and his lines are only marginal... Nope, not a merchant.

Hint: He is dressed the same way Binky is in BG1... without the annoying flashing colors. (and yes it's not much of a hint... but anything bigger is almost a giveaway).

Edit: Just added Ribald's name as it came to mind... it's still not a merchant. And Binky is Binky the Buffoon at the Nashkel Festival.
Awake
merchant?

why didn't i see the above posts before i posted?? laugh.gif
Sir-Kill
the guy near the art dealer
Kabuki
Nope. He's not in Waukeen's Promenade.
Kabuki
Aii, this has been sitting around too long:

Hint: It's a stronghold specific NPC.
Awake
the door guy at the thief stronghold
Kabuki
Nope. And I thought this was easy blink.gif
Awake
is he at the thief stronghold?
Sir-Kill
the theater manager/director
Kabuki
Ayupp, your turn to drop the puck Sir-Kill. And huzzas all around please. smile.gif
Sir-Kill
Corn? When did I eats corn?
jastey
Oh no, Sir -Kill! That's one of the tavern folks, and the sound before that remark is ...

... there's no smily for this. laugh.gif
Baronius
In BG1 sailors say that. Too bad this is the BG2 forum. Maybe a pirate says it...
Sir-Kill
jastey yes tavern drunk
jastey
~Yes, my smooth tongued knight? What is it?~

(I think that's an unfair one... But this tim it's a quote!!)

@Sir-Kill: Where did you have that smilie from?! tongue.gif
Sir-Kill
when you post (add reply) there are smilies that you can put on that post, I just copied the image location and pasted that image
jastey
Hey! Where are all those smilies gone to tongue.gif But thanks, I think I like the one you left standing there the most (the other ones just make me ...)
laugh.gif

As to the thread topic: need any hints? rolleyes.gif

As I said, to take this quote could be slightly unfair, as it is not an option for every PC (a male PC probably nerver saw this. smile.gif )
Kabuki
I was going to say Silveras, but then I thought it over... is it Anomen?
jastey
Not Anomen.........

..... although you are as close as you can be!!!! cool.gif
Rabain
Haer'dalis?
jastey
No, no, no, no! It's from the Anomen romance! But It's not Anomen who sais that.
So it's...?
Rabain
<CHARNAME>
jastey
Bingo! biggrin.gif

The stage is yours.
Rabain
"Your folly exceeds my patience and your tedium my intellect. Farewell and good riddance, xxxx."

I have left out the last word as it might give things away, not much but maybe enough!
Awake
GOD, this one sounds familiar.... are they in Athkatla somewhere?
Rabain
yes!
Awake
tolgerias?
Rabain
eh...no!
Awake
mage?
Kabuki
I want to say Teos, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.
Rabain
no!

i can add the last word back in but this might give it away-

maybe people could try guesing the missing word too?
Kabuki
Joinable NPC? How about mr. Magic himself: Edwin?
Rabain
Not Edwin,

the no in my last post also answered Awakes" mage?" question!
Kabuki
Ok, I cheated... the word is 'mice' - I disqualify myself from the competition. tongue.gif

(Although I do admit it took me about 20min with dialog.tlk in Wordpad to be sure who the speaker was... For me the problem is there is no way, unless I was *role* playing a particularily stupid PC (imo) that I would ever see this dialogue... it actually requires work to see it.)
Rabain
It's faster and easier to use NI's dlg search function kabuki!

You have NI?

But of course that makes these kind of games pointless! I think if the quote is chosen correctly it doesn't matter what you have to do in game to see it, you can tell by the feel of it...mostly anyway!
Kabuki
It's faster and easier to use NI's dlg search function kabuki!

You have NI?

But of course that makes these kind of games pointless! I think if the quote is chosen correctly it doesn't matter what you have to do in game to see it, you can tell by the feel of it...mostly anyway

NI search? Mmmm... I think I downloaded NI two days ago... hmmm... I don't think I've unzipped it yet. smile.gif

[slight spoilerish bit below - not a giveaway, but a huge clue ]

Ok, changed the color to yellow so it's easy to ignore... Rabain you can of course read it as I'm responding to your comment tongue.gif

And yes, it does make it pointless... which is why I disqualified myself smile.gif However I was curious enough to actually take the time to look... As for 'by feel'... sometimes yes, sometimes not. That quote does not 'feel' like the character I've interacted with... because the way I play I never see it, it is much more (for me) like Teos or Edwin.

[yellow is insane, it kills eyes with higher gamma settings grinteeth.gif - Baronius]
Awake
umm.... don't unzip NI. i made that mistake once... it's pointless. it's a JAR file. you have to download Java and set the file to open w/ java.exe
Rabain
Heh yeah, it took me a while to figure that out way back when bu ti tis well worth it!
jastey
QUOTE(Awake @ Oct 9 2004, 07:31 PM)
it's a JAR file. you have to download Java and set the file to open w/ java.exe

Which, of course, everyone can figure out without problems by reading the NI-installation instructions. grinteeth.gif grinteeth.gif grinteeth.gif grinteeth.gif

To the quote: Was it a dragon?
Kabuki
I did figure it out.. but in the last week I DLed about 10 different programmes, all of which I know nearly nothing about... and many of which are not installed yet (the only one I've tried, and so far failed, to use is DLCTP (or something like that)) And while typing I couldn't remember which one NI was... wacko.gif
Sir-Kill
the guy that gives Jaheira a curse
Awake
didn't you just ask if it was a dragon? hmm.... i don't think it's him. i may be wrong though. how about............. Linvail?
Rabain
No Dragon!

No guy who gave jaheira the cures (Baron Ployer)

No to linvail...

So again: "Your folly exceeds my patience and your tedium my intellect. Farewell and good riddance, mice."

ask yourself : who mentions animal in nearly every sentence when you talk to them?
Sir-Kill
the animal trainer in the copper cornet?

EDIT beastmaster
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.