Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question to spell animations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
jastey
Hi,
how do I
1. reverse a spell animation BAM so that it goes backwards (in DLTCEP)?
2. use such an animation from PS:T for BGII (I think it was that x,y value should be set to 0,0 for the small inventory icon)?

Thanks!
Rabain
You would have to open the bam in BamWorkshop or DLTCEP etc and reverse the order of the Frames/Sequences manually in the bam and save it. If it is a small short bam it should't take long.

But if it is a longer one it could be problematic...I don't think you can simply play a bam in reverse though others here can clarify that for definate.
jastey
I had a look at it in DLTCEP and it is exactly the "reversing the order of the Frames/Sequences manually" that I didn't see of how it can be done. Do I have to renumber the frames, ... I'll have a look at it again but it wasn't clear to me when I tried today. sad.gif
Sir-Kill
DLTCEP can do it, on the top pull down menu 'cycle' there is a reverse cycle. you will have to do that for each sequence, but my guess is that there is only a few at most.
jastey
Cool thank you, Sir-Kill. It was only one cycle so now it's reversed. biggrin.gif

(I demand a smilie: The "sorry I should have looked more carefully" smilie. sad.gif )
jastey
Next question to spell animations:

I have the animation BAM now that I want to use as an area spell effect (visual effect only).

How would I do that? Do I have to define a spell that can be thrown (if yes, how?)

Is it possible to use the BAM directly if I only want to see the visual effect in game?

Thanks a lot!
Seifer
If its a PST animation, some of those I've had to use a VVC for in the past.
jastey
Sorry, what do you mean by "WC"?
Rabain
That was V V C not W C. It's a file type the game uses for some spells/animations to get things done.

You should be able to create a spell that launches your animation or alternatively either of these two should work:

QUOTE("IESDP")
272 CreateVisualEffect(S:Object*,P:Location*)
The Object parameter here should actually be ResRef since it references a VVC file with priority. If a VVC file is not found, it will search for a BAM file. If I were to rename this, I'd call it PlayAnimationPoint().

273 CreateVisualEffectObject(S:DialogFile*,O:Target*)
Again, a weird first parameter. DialogFile should actually be ResRef. If a VVC file is found, it will play that, and if not, it will try to play a BAM of the filename specified. The difference between this and CreateVisualEffect() is that this references an object.
jastey
Oops, thank you... It read like W on my display. *cough*

OK, thank you for the info so far, I'll try my best to do that then (no experience alltogether in creating such a VVC, expect questions regarding this soon.)
jastey
Moved this thread to Mod discussion as it is more a IE modding question (I think).

Making a V V C and calling it via "CreateVisualEffect" in game worked, thank you very much guys!! biggrin.gif
Avenger_teambg
QUOTE(jastey @ May 23 2005, 09:46 PM)
Moved this thread to Mod discussion as it is more a IE modding question (I think).

Making a V V C and calling it via "CreateVisualEffect" in game worked, thank you very much guys!! biggrin.gif

wow, you are really good smile.gif
I used to people who can't even set up dltcep, you just heard of 'vvc' and then were able to use them.
I'm really (honestly) impressed.
jastey
Heh, thank you smile.gif
I needed to be pointed to the right direction, and then it was easy using DLTCEP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.