Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damage modifier
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
egm
Hello all,

What I want to make is quite simple: I want to create an armor that gives resistance to damages (slashing for my example). But instead of a % value, i would like a row number: the amount of damage dealt is reduced by this number.

Is there a way to do that in BGII?
Awake
Shoot me for being lazy, but I only think that this is what you are looking for. I didn't look too hard at it(I'm doing some homework right now), but I tried nonetheless and this looks good enough to me.

I found this in the ever faithful IESDP.

#86 (0x56) Stat: Slashing Resistance Modifier [86]    Parameter #1: Statistic Modifier
    Parameter #2: Type
    Description:
    Applies the modifier value specified by the 'Statistic Modifier'
    field in the style specified by the 'Type' field.

Known values for 'Type' are:
    0  Cumulative Modifier -> Damage = Damage + 'Statistic Modifier'
    value
    1  Flat Value Modifier -> Damage = 'Statistic Modifier' value
    2  Percentage Modifier -> Damage = (Damage * 'Statistic Modifier'
    value) / 100
egm
I just test it, and the value is a % one, whatever the type. Type 3 is the increase of the current resistance of the characters.

When I set the statistic modifier to 10 and the ype to 0, it decreases the damage taken by 10%. What I want them t do is decreasing damages by 10 points
Awake
Hmmm.... in that case, I don't know what to say since what you want it to do is supposedly what the effect does...
Galactygon
I'm sorry, but it's hardcoded in all IE except IWDII. In IWDII, however, that's the only type of resistance you can set.

-Galactygon
egm
Oh sh... :angry:
Rabain
I guess the reason for this is that if you where damaged by 6 points then the armour would reduce this by 10 and heal you 4 points....is that what you were aiming for? Much the same way as if you had a resistance over 100.

It probably sounded silly to the developers to have a negative damage amount.

I am just assuming this is the reason for its absence of course!
egm
is that what you were aiming for?

No. Resistances much like the IWDII ones, or just a way to simulate them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.