Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Testing v 7.0
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2
pekkae
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 15 2024, 06:21 PM) *
Tell us about your party (in a separate thread).

Well, I'm currently with

Auramaster (PC)
Minsc (Berserker)
Jaheira
Jan Jansen
Sibel

We're at 500k exp or so. Berserker Minsc is awesome. Will drop everyone else besides Sibel though later on. Rotating crew in the beginning, as I always have.
Sikret
Sibel can be played in three forms:

Swashbuckler -> Cleric

Swashbuckler -> Fighter

Pure Swashbuckler

What did you do? Did you dual-class her?
pekkae
Dualled to Cleric immediately, so level Swasgbuckler 9 / Cleric

She'll regain Thieving powers in after we reach 100k more, then we can drop Jan Jansen and pickup Neera (Wildmage, I guess).

Edit: A little bit of background

I dislike two similar characters in the crew. So that's why no avenger. My crew will be centered around the protagonist, whom we should be able to develop into ridiculously op levels.
Sikret
Talk to Crazy Celvan in Docks district a few times until he speaks.
pekkae
He gives out a few riddles, but I'm not sure what I'm to take out of this?
Sikret
He tells poems about your companions and has one about Sibel too.
SparrowJacek
Dualled to Cleric immediately, so level Swasgbuckler 9 / Cleric

That's the "canonical" choice, she gains the most out of this combination, though she's also amazing as a Swash=>Fighter dual class. smile.gif
lxgxnd9
What do you think of the new Wizard Slayer. Seems to have a lot of neat little perks especially with the ability of "Purge Magic" but no ability to be Haste/Improved Haste is definitely a big deal
pekkae
QUOTE(lxgxnd9 @ Jun 15 2024, 11:04 PM) *
What do you think of the new Wizard Slayer. Seems to have a lot of neat little perks especially with the ability of "Purge Magic" but no ability to be Haste/Improved Haste is definitely a big deal

Are you asking me, Sikret or SparrowJacek?
lxgxnd9
QUOTE(pekkae @ Jun 15 2024, 11:07 PM) *
QUOTE(lxgxnd9 @ Jun 15 2024, 11:04 PM) *

Are you asking me, Sikret or SparrowJacek?

Forgot to quote you, but hey open to all
pekkae
Well, seems like it's in consideration now. I think you need to balance everything and for some party compositions seems like a great choice!

But since Mazzy looks comprehensively OP, I'm taking her for this partial run that I'm doing. dry.gif

And I have Sibel, so high level dispels we have even without an Inquisitor / Wizard Slayer.
Sikret
QUOTE(lxgxnd9 @ Jun 16 2024, 03:34 AM) *

The new Wizard Slayer kit is a well-balanced combination of very important disadvantages and very useful advantages:

- She is immune to haste and improved haste. She usually engages in battle with delay when other warriors are already engaged. Two handed weapons will help so that she can hit from behind others when the enemy is already surrounded. When you tell her to attack an enemy who is in distance it takes her a lot of time to reach the target. This is sort of frustrating.

- She has abysmal saving throws (because she can't use protection items such as rings and cloaks), which means you need to buff her with chaotic commands and free action and refresh them if they get dispelled.

But...

- She is also immune to slow, which means her speed won't get wrose than what it is.

-She gains innate magic resistance, magic damage resistance and fire resistance with level up.

- She gains awesome innate abilities such as Tower of Resilience, Undo Constructs (vs. golems) and Purge Magic.

- She also has a special item (usable only by Wizard Slayers) that you need to find during the game (no spoilers will be provided about its location). And if you have Sibel mod installed, the new artificer (Lady Elowen) can upgrade that item for you.

Overall: If you cope with her weaknesses early game, you will be rewarded middle and end game.
lxgxnd9
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 15 2024, 11:23 PM) *
QUOTE(lxgxnd9 @ Jun 16 2024, 03:34 AM) *

The new Wizard Slayer kit is a well-balanced combination of very important disadvantages and very useful advantages:

- She is immune to haste and improved haste. She usually engages in battle with delay when other warriors are already engaged. Two handed weapons will help so that she can hit from behind others when the enemy is already surrounded. When you tell her to attack an enemy who is in distance it takes her a lot of time to reach the target. This is sort of frustrating.

- She has abysmal saving throws (because she can't use protection items such as rings and cloaks), which means you need to buff her with chaotic commands and free action and refresh them if they get dispelled.

But...

- She is also immune to slow, which means her speed won't get wrose than what it is.

-She gains innate magic resistance, magic damage resistance and fire resistance with level up.

- She gains awesome innate abilities such as Tower of Resilience, Undo Constructs (vs. golems) and Purge Magic.

- She also has a special item (usable only by Wizard Slayers) that you need to find during the game (no spoilers will be provided about its location). And if you have Sibel mod installed, the new artificer (Lady Elowen) can upgrade that item for you.

Overall: If you cope with her weaknesses early game, you will be rewarded middle and end game.

Yeah I figured the early game would be rough going, didn't know about the special item (nor a new person that can upgrade items) So might try it on the first v7 play through
pekkae
The new maps are stunning!
pekkae
How can I climb the tree?

I think i have so far figured this this out.
Sikret
QUOTE(pekkae @ Jun 17 2024, 02:11 AM) *
How can I climb the tree?

SPOILER!
You can't climb the tree. Explore the area and find someone with that kind of ability.
pekkae
allright

SPOILER!

found it! thank you! what was somewhat misleading was that casting speak with animals interrupts the quest & sibel leaves.

Sikret
QUOTE(pekkae @ Jun 17 2024, 02:30 AM) *
allright

SPOILER!

found it! thank you! what was somewhat misleading was that casting speak with animals interrupts the quest & sibel leaves.

Speak with Animals spell is not required, though I don't see why it should interrupt the quest. Can you explain what happened in detail? What happened after you cast the spell?
pekkae
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 16 2024, 10:06 PM) *
QUOTE(pekkae @ Jun 17 2024, 02:30 AM) *
allright

SPOILER!

Speak with Animals spell is not required, though I don't see why it should interrupt the quest. Can you explain what happened in detail? What happened after you cast the spell?

There's a cat on the ne corner of the map.

If I cast speak with aniamls on it Sibel says "I will not tolerate any harm done to the innocent folk of my village, charname"

and then we get teleported out without Sibel & the quest finishes.
pekkae
oh,

what does tristan's blessing do? Is it supposed to do something? (edit: it does work if the intended effect is SPOILER!
addind spell slots
)

Any hints on the location? City is quite a big place smile.gif!
Sikret

If I cast speak with aniamls on it Sibel says "I will not tolerate any harm done to the innocent folk of my village, charname"
Just tested and I can confirm that this bug exists.

Critto, my guess is that S!shost.bcs is the culprit. Can you check?

what does tristan's blessing do? Is it supposed to do something?

Permanent +1 to Wisdom

Location of what?
critto
Critto, my guess is that S!shost.bcs is the culprit. Can you check?
Yes, it is. I will devise the fix some time during the week, we'll ship it with the next update, since this isn't a critical issue.

If I cast speak with aniamls on it Sibel says

The cat can be talked to without the spell (which might be an oversight, but I'll think about it separately). Thanks for the bug report.
pekkae

Location of what?

Whatever Howard hides
Sikret
We intentionally made it so that the animals in this area do not require Speak with Animals spell, because the party may not have a druid or a ranger. It was not an oversight.

We just need to fix S!shost.bcs so that the spell is not considered a hostile action.

Whatever Howard hides

No hints except what you chose (city vs. dungeon).
pekkae
Should have picked dungeon smile.gif.

Here's some general feedback so far:

- New areas look superb!
- Buried Ambitions is nicely spread out (hace 2 clues so far)
- Sibel's quest (or initial one I assume) was great!
- New monsters!!
- Updated & renewed graphics for monsters are very nice!
- Bottomless bags of holding would be nice, we tend to run out of space quite fast
critto
- Buried Ambitions is nicely spread out (hace 2 clues so far)
There's still one more left. It's accessible in ch2-3, if you haven't found it – means you haven't explored well enough ;-) I saw your planned route in the journal thread, don't rush into ch4.

- Bottomless bags of holding would be nice, we tend to run out of space quite fast

I think the capacity of the main bags (the ones you find in pirate's hideout and the one in spellhold) was actually improved in this release.
Sikret
QUOTE(pekkae @ Jun 17 2024, 04:12 PM) *

Thank you.

SPOILER!
My guess is that there was still more in the village than you saw, which is not a bad thing, because it adds to the mod's "replaying value". I'll be waiting for other players' reports and will compare the different reports. Sibel's village is actually an optimization programming problem. A computer programmer or a mathematician can even model it and solve it for the optimal course of action. I'm proud of its design. But I also liked the way you played it with role-playing perspective in mind without trying to reload the game countless times to check what happens if you do those stuff differently.
pekkae
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 17 2024, 01:00 PM) *
QUOTE(pekkae @ Jun 17 2024, 04:12 PM) *

Thank you.

SPOILER!
My guess is that there was still more in the village than you saw, which is not a bad thing, because it adds to the mod's "replaying value". I'll be waiting for other players' reports and will compare the different reports. Sibel's village is actually an optimization programming problem. A computer programmer or a mathematician can even model it and solve it for the optimal course of action. I'm proud of its design. But I also liked the way you played it with role-playing perspective in mind without trying to reload the game countless times to check what happens if you do those stuff differently.

Well, no-one was talking to me anymore so I think I was quite thorough. Didn't try talking to the cat smile.gif

There's still one more left. It's accessible in ch2-3, if you haven't found it – means you haven't explored well enough ;-) I saw your planned route in the journal thread, don't rush into ch4.

Any other hints? I'm not rushing to chapter 4, it's just that I'm reaching the exp cap quite soon(ish). I was planning on leaving temple ruins & wk post spellhold. but is that a mistake? Also, I just probably have only today and then there's a longer break smile.gif.
SparrowJacek
Well, no-one was talking to me anymore so I think I was quite thorough. Didn't try talking to the cat
From info that you provided I am pretty sure that you did everything you could in the village, it's just that some things that you did could be more... optimised smile.gif

Any other hints? I'm not rushing to chapter 4, it's just that I'm reaching the exp cap quite soon(ish). I was planning on leaving temple ruins & wk post spellhold. but is that a mistake? Also, I just probably have only today and then there's a longer break smile.gif.

You're gaining your exp awfully fast biggrin.gif In my test run I managed to do all "standard" things and even beat Teshal + Samia before getting close to exp cap, without going to WK at all. And as for your question - new Druid Stronghold quest gives a purpose to all Werewolf groups you meet, try to remember where else you can meet such creatures. My hint will be as follows:
SPOILER!
Two encounters are in an outside area and one is located in a dungeon.
pekkae
Haha. I have two notes from "dungeons" dry.gif ... ?

But I guess that's one outside area left. I'll see if I can figure this out.

TheShal is a pretty good fight to clear pre spellhold.
critto
Any other hints?

I don't want to spoil too much, but the possibilities have been mentioned already during the discussions here smile.gif At some point in CH3 (you won't miss it, it happens during the main plot line) you'll get a more direct hint, pay attention to it.
pekkae
Ok!

I appreciate that! I'll keep an eye out for it.
pekkae
ok! got the hint. you are right, could have not missed it.

hmh. this changes my plans though. but ok, let's see how this goes.
pekkae
allright, so found it & defended succesfully. it looks like the next things will do are in next chapters? this correct?
SparrowJacek
How did you like the SPOILER!
siege
? Can you share some thoughts and/or potential issues you've noticed regarding the fight?

it looks like the next things will do are in next chapters? this correct?

SPOILER!
Yes
pekkae
It worked fine. The attackers are a little bit scattered so we had to actually search for the attackers a little bit, as in running around the map.

The new graphics are awesome (And the new monsters as well!).

Will play through again with more time in the next few days if I have the chance.

I'm super happy Sibel made a level before the fight as those extra spells will come in superbly handy.
critto
It worked fine. The attackers are a little bit scattered so we had to actually search for the attackers a little bit, as in running around the map.

Interesting. What was your tactics? Did you stay in the centre of the map (where the encounter begins) or spread out completely?
pekkae
QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Jun 17 2024, 02:02 PM) *
From info that you provided I am pretty sure that you did everything you could in the village, it's just that some things that you did could be more... optimised smile.gif

I played it through twice, but I think I got all. Not sure ofc. rolleyes.gif
pekkae
QUOTE(critto @ Jun 17 2024, 05:24 PM) *

Interesting. What was your tactics? Did you stay in the centre of the map (where the encounter begins) or spread out completely?

SPOILER!

crew:

PC Auramaster
Mich Berserker
Sibel
Jaheira
Nalia
Custom F/I

Start with contigencies stoneskins on sight of enemy. F/I IH minsc + minute meteors. Nalia strength, Sibel aeriel servant, holy power + righetous magic. Jaheira summon cs, holy power + skins. Haste everything, IH Minsc + Jaheira. PC summon bears, then flame arrows & npp's & pfl. Towards the end we have Minsc berserking, Jaheira under skins, CC, IH + 22 str (or so) and Sibel with 25str + pfl (shield of harmony) whacking Jagul.

stay at the centre. mass cure's are wonderful here (sibel has many), so are minute meteors + IH'd Berserker & fully buffed Avenger.

lxgxnd9
Must be missing something in Sibel's area

SPOILER!
Have powder ingredient A/B/C, 6 Arcanis coins even the boots of speed and have the Saw, while the other 2 components were used to get "The engine is humming along nicely" No one from what I can tell has any other dialogue so I must be missing something greatly.
SparrowJacek
Have you visited the area where the Elm Tree's roots are? Try to examine them closely.
lxgxnd9
Well there are several tree roots but I have scanned along them all looking for an action cursor or something to click and nothing...
Sikret
Hi, Legend!

QUOTE(lxgxnd9 @ Jun 18 2024, 12:02 AM) *
Well there are several tree roots but I have scanned along them all looking for an action cursor or something to click and nothing...

It is not in the main village area. There is a door you need to pass and go underground.
lxgxnd9
Ok sorry I'll reside myself to the fact I'm blind, there are 4 doors all of them are locked so where do I need to go to get underground.
pekkae
go to the

SPOILER!
root cellar
kilorew
Regarding the new druid quest

SPOILER!
Were the knights that turn into wolves in Windspear hills count as one of the werewolf groups and I just missed it? I got the one in firkraag maze and the one in temple ruins is that all? Must be drawing a blank if there's another
critto

SPOILER!
There's one more thing you still need to discover. If you keep doing the usual large side quests from ch2-3 you'll run into it. If you still haven't found it by the time you're done with the main plot quests in CH3, you'll get a more detailed hint, pay attention to it.
pekkae
QUOTE(critto @ Jun 18 2024, 12:38 AM) *

SPOILER!
There's one more thing you still need to discover. If you keep doing the usual large side quests from ch2-3 you'll run into it. If you still haven't found it by the time you're done with the main plot quests in CH3, you'll get a more detailed hint, pay attention to it.

Yes, this is what happens & I think this was really well arranged!

Also, I guess this should be done before spellhold.
critto
Also, I guess this should be done before spellhold.

Absolutely.
psychlopes
I finished the druid stronghold before chapter 3 . loving it by the way.
SPOILER!
done talking with Cornell in council of 6

but I cannot start Sibel quest.
SPOILER!
where is the ancient prison?
I thought WK, but I finished WK lvl 1 and could not find the portal
also tried the prison on govt. district.
what am I missing ??

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.