Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need little help for installing v6.6 and ease of use
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
rainsanctum
It's been years since I last played the game, so I got a bit lost when installing mods sad.gif

I installed BG2EE in steam, and try to install Ease of Use (v33). But it says "unable to find dialog.tlk" and fails to install the mod. How can I find this dialog.tlk?
critto
Hi. Welcome back!

Where exactly do you try to put the mod folder and the weidu installer? Are you on mac or windows? I think on either platform the folder you are looking for is Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition
rainsanctum
QUOTE(critto @ Jan 11 2024, 04:49 PM) *
Where exactly do you try to put the mod folder and the weidu installer? Are you on mac or windows? I think on either platform the folder you are looking for is Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition

Thanks for the reply! The game is on windows OS, and that is exactly the folder I put the mod into. The problem is, there is no dialog.tlk directly in the game folder. Instead, I realize the dialog.tlk is within the "lang/en_US" folder which is under the BG2EE game folder. So can I simply drag the dialog.tlk out of the lang folder? (It seems the mod can be installed after I move dialog.tlk from there, but I'm not sure if that will corrupt the game somehow.)
critto
No. I think what you are missing is the newer version of weidu. If you have the one shipped with the EoU mod then it is too old to understand what EE is and where it puts stuff. Try using weidu shipped with IA (either the 6.6 branch or the regular 6.5 one). Or simply download the latest weidu executable from the official site.
rainsanctum
Yeah, the ease mod I downloaded was from the weidu website (it seems to be a 2008 version...), but that's the only source I found when I searched "ease of use" online sad.gif . Can you give me a link to the IA version of EoU please? (I downloaded v6.6 beta, but haven't found any EoU within, only IA setup)
critto
The original EoU is fine, there isn't really such a thing as an IA version of EoU. But the executable to install the mod (weidu.exe, it is named as setup-ease.exe inside the EoU mod archive) should be replaced with the newer version. Just download IA v6.6 and put it into the same place (your game folder). IA will come with its own installer (setup-ImprovedAnvil.exe). You need to take that executable, make a copy of it and name it setup-ease.exe. The old setup-ease.exe (which came with EoU) could be discarded. After that you can try and install EoU and then IA.
rainsanctum
I'll reinstall everything. I downloaded the v7 latest version of IA, so is it like this: unzip into the game folder, then copy the setupIA.exe and rename it into setup-ease.exe; then install setupease; then install setupIA. Is that the correct order to install both EoU and the latest IA version?
critto
I'll reinstall everything. I downloaded the v7 latest version of IA, so is it like this: unzip into the game folder, then copy the setupIA.exe and rename it into setup-ease.exe; then install setupease; then install setupIA. Is that the correct order to install both EoU and the latest IA version?

v7 is a development branch, it's unplayable at the moment. Download either 6.5 or 6.6 (if you want to try SparrowJacek's experimental branch). Everything else is correct.
rainsanctum
The version I dowloaded is this: https://github.com/SparrowJacek/ImprovedAnv...v7_beta_changes. cuz it mentioned a fix of the previous bugs...

What is the difference between that version and this one (https://github.com/SparrowJacek/ImprovedAnv...es/tag/6.6_BETA)?
Sorry for so many questions sad.gif . The last time I played was v6.0. Didn't know it had so much new updates over the years. Can't wait to play this new version!
SparrowJacek
Hello rainsanctum! I'm glad to see another player willing to play IA again smile.gif

I see that you refer to 2 links from v6.6_BETA thread. Both of those links lead to this version, however the link that you posted first has the latest v6.6_BETA version, while the second one has the initial version, before any feedback from players. This is an experimental branch, which has not been tested extensively by us, however many players passed it, so it should be stable and you shouldn't run into any major problems.

I hope you'll have fun playing it and good luck!
rainsanctum
Got it! Thanks for the help!

Oh one last question: I've installed everything and started a new game, but my game is in v2.6.6.0. Do I need to change that to v2.5, or does changing the game version affect my current playthrough?
critto
Oh one last question: I've installed everything and started a new game, but my game is in v2.6.6.0. Do I need to change that to v2.5, or does changing the game version affect my current playthrough?

People played successfully on either of these versions but the one officially supported by iA is 2.5, so I'd advise using it. 2.6 might give some minor inconsistencies which we haven't adapted for, yet. If you're going to downgrade the version (I think, on Steam it is done via the beta version mechanism in the game's properties) then I would recommend uninstalling the mods first, then switching the version and re-installing the mods anew.
rainsanctum
I'll stick with v2.6.6.0 then! Really love the newly added voicesets and portraits. Thanks for the help and the mod! happy.gif
pekkae
The biggest problems as far as I can tell (with v.2.6.6.0) are the following:

- Sometimes elementals do not spawn correctly (don't spawn at all)
- Limited Wish minor globes are broken (no globes appear)

Cheers!
rainsanctum
QUOTE(pekkae @ Jan 15 2024, 12:04 AM) *

Cheers!

In chapter 1 dungegon, the mephit portals area has a few lesser elementals added. I guess there should be 4 of them (corresponding with each portal)? But I only saw fire, earth and air lesser elementals, no water. Is that supposed to be caused by 2.6.6.0?
critto
In chapter 1 dungegon, the mephit portals area has a few lesser elementals added. I guess there should be 4 of them (corresponding with each portal)? But I only saw fire, earth and air lesser elementals, no water. Is that supposed to be caused by 2.6.6.0?

No, I don't think so. IIRC, that's intended.
SparrowJacek
I don't remember if this should be vanilla content, or something introduced by IA, but from what I remember there are no water elementals in BG2.
rainsanctum
Thanks for the reply! I don't think these elementals are from vanilla BG2 cuz they seem quite new to me based on past experience, but I like the new stuff encountered in the dungeon.
critto
The dungeon was updated in one of the latest releases to provide a small amount of challenge. The elementals are a new addition to that fight.

but from what I remember there are no water elementals in BG2.

True. There's only that weird thing that looks like a blue loch-ness monster.
pekkae
QUOTE(rainsanctum @ Jan 14 2024, 08:51 PM) *
QUOTE(pekkae @ Jan 15 2024, 12:04 AM) *

Cheers!

Sorry, to be clear so sometimes when your casters are summoning elementals (fire elementals especially) the elemetal doesn't spawn. (druid's summon fire elemental spell).

And I've gotten 2 fire elementals a few times as well, though I don't think that is supposed to happen.

So summon fire elemental is a little bit chaotic to cast in a combat as you might not get anything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.