Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A new kit I created
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
pekkae
Hey!

I've been waiting for the new release for a bit and in the meantime I've been sort of tinkering with a new kit to suit my playing style. I think I'll try this out on my next run, along with at least 1-2 completely new kits that will be added to v.7 (if it's called that).

But here's what I planned. So I planned it both to be extremely powerful as well as having extreme drawbacks. I also wanted the class to be different from pretty much any other class in the game and that it could use powers/features that are currently almost underutilized or very, very rarely utilized in the game. I designed the char so that it would be a pure offensive weapon combining effective spell-casting capabilities with enough oomph to kick butt in h2h as well. While being very powerful offensive spell caster & in melee, it will lack tremendously in healing & protective magics & durability, that's the flipside.

Oh and I suck at D&D lore, so anyone knowledgeable about the lore will probably immediately notice. My apologies, for that.

Deity of Silvanus (a planar being)

** Description **

Also known as the vengenance of Silvanus or the wrath of Silvanus. A creation of Silvanus, these beings were created to exact vengenance on the most foul foes crippling, corrupting or twisting the pure wild nature. Made out of magical energy and shaped by pure willpower on the planes, the materialized forms of these beings would often take the shapes of forest elfes on primate material plane. They are the masters of the elements, specializing in various forms of destructive elemental magics of nature against their foes and possessing rare abilities of shielding friends and innocent natural beings from the powers of the elements.

Powerful enough to take on small armies by themselves or and adept enough to even combat twisted archmages & evil necromancers, they would sometimes rely on their fragile and non-intimidating physical forms for deception. As their enemies would find out, often too late, facing even one such a creature in battle would often mean total destruction for the enemy. Engagement would mean at first surviving the full force of nature, lightning called upon to strike them, raging firestorms and raining acid while combatting the armies of powerful animals and monster called upon for help. And if the enemies would still be standing and thought they had the upper hand and they could engane in hand-to-hand combat, thick armour and weapons would grow out of thin air to protect the beings, the fragile bodies would grow to possess god-like powers while their skins turned to mixtures of stone, fire, ice and acid.

But perhaps most frustrating of all, for the enemies, when the Deities were defeated their bodies on prime material plane would turn into dust and the beings themselves would return to their own plane, where they could be called upon to help again when needed.

** benefits **

- Can cast spells both arcane & divine spells (so a C/M)
- Receives -2 to casting time
- Gets +1 to Wisdom
- Gets +1 spells per level both arcane & divine
- Gets +10 HP

- Receives *Force of Silvanus* (equal to Boon of Lathander) every 5 levels, starting from level 5.
- Receives "Storm Shield*" at levels 5, 15 (Talos's storm shield)
- Can use equipment & items normally usable by druids (with class specific restrictions)
- Doesn't receive any additional spells from Mage/Cleric HLA's, instead receives additional spell slots starting from 1st level both arcane/divine. One additional spell slot per HLA. But can't select say 4th level arcane spell slot, without first selecting additional arcane spell slots from 1-3.
- Gets Power Attack HLA (3 uses)
- Regenerates 1hp per round.

- Gets access to a number of additional divine spells:
- level 1 chromatic orb
- level 2 alicorn lance
- level 3 flame arrow, call lightning
- level 4 acid shield, fireshield (red), fireshield (blue)
- level 6 chain lightning
- level 7 Implosion, Aura of Flaming Death, Aura Clensing

** restrictions **

- Receives -8 to STR, -8 to DEX and -8 to CON (or to be precise, max str/dex/con is set to 10)
- Frail: suffers +20% damage from physical attacks
- Can't wear any armours or cloaks*
- Can't equip any amulets
- Can't equip any bracers
- Can't use any physical weapons from the prime material plane, so is unable to use ANY physical weapon in the game. (Can only use magically created weapons).
- Can't equip any shields or bucklers.
- Cannot cast any spells from the school of "Necromancy" (not arcane nor divine)
- Cannot cast Wish or Limited Wish
- Can't turn undead
- Astral being: Immunity to almost all forms of healing as in cure light/medium/critical wounds, mass heal, resurrection, heal, regeneration, greater restoration, lesser restoration & natural restoral (+mending versions of the spells)

** is granted a special item**

The Blessing of Silvanus (a cloak, undropable)

+ 0,5 APR, +1AC, +1Saves

Upgradeable after underdark to

+1APR, +2AC, +2Saves, +3HP/RD regen, +25HP, casts both arcane & divine spells as if 4 levels higher
lroumen
That looks very sturdy with all the immunities to debuffs. I guess level drain and silence will be the ways to take you down? With proper stoneskin, mirror image and protection from weapons management, you would do very well.
pekkae
QUOTE(lroumen @ Nov 19 2022, 08:17 PM) *
That looks very sturdy with all the immunities to debuffs. I guess level drain and silence will be the ways to take you down? With proper stoneskin, mirror image and protection from weapons management, you would do very well.

Hmh. You are probably right. Those protection were there only because I was planning on using Hexxat for this character and those protections come from her amulet. I'm going to remove them. I'm also removing the additional spells from Shamans, as they are too powerful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.