Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem installing Improved Anvil v6.5
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Yanosh
I am new to modding Baldur's Gate 2 so I'm not sure if I am doing everything OK, but I had some trouble trying to install Improved Anvil v6.5 today.

I first tried version linked here in the following thread http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=5326
However that one didn't have any executable files, so after digging a bit through forum, I found the link to github https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil
This version had both ImprovedAnvil folder and Setup-ImprovedAnvil.exe executable.

But now I have the following problem:

CODE
[*****\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Setup-ImprovedAnvil.exe] WeiDU version 24600

Choose your language:
0 [English]
1 [Chinese]
Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o
y

SKIPPING: [Improved Anvil]
        The mod requires the game to be patched to v2.0 or higher

Press ENTER to exit.

Not sure why am I getting this message. I have a fresh install of BG2:EE, and I have chosen beta 2.5 as game version.
Can anyone help me? I would really like to try out this mod.
critto
Hi Yanosh.

Your game folder is missing a file called engine.lua for some reason. I recommend trying to use "repair files" in the game's options on Steam. Then running the game at least once (set up some configurations, etc.). Maybe this will help.
Yanosh
Thank you very much critto, verifying integrity of game files solved the problem. Strange that it happened at all since I just installed a fresh copy of the game and switched to beta 2.5. Must be some kind of Steam bug.
critto
Great, glad it helped.
New_Vuki
Hi guys,

I tried to install IAtweaks. Copy it under te usual EE folder (00783), so now there is an IATweaksv102 here and inside that folder there are the Setup-IATweaks.tp2 and other files. I execute weidu exe in the EE folder like this: "weidu IATweaksv102\Setup-IATweaks.tp2". Then I got messages "ERROR: No translation provided for @1" and I do not see any component that I would like to install, just see this: "Would you like to display the components from [UNDEFINED STRING: @1]? [Y]es, [N]o?".

What am I doing wrong?
critto
I think the root folder might be messed up due to how you are running the installer. Try making a copy of the weidu executable, renaming it to Setup-IATweaksv102.exe and then running it.
New_Vuki
What do you mean by messing up by the way running the installer? What was the problem? Which installer do you mean?

Renaming did not work. The translation is still not found.
critto
How do you run it after renaming? In the same way?
New_Vuki
Yes, the same way.

Should I reinstall something? In the IAtweaks zip I did not find any exe, so I assumed that I have to use the weidu exe. Was this assumption right?

Edit: I was wondering how a simple filename rename should solve the issue. Or should execute it differently?
critto
Edit: I was wondering how a simple filename rename should solve the issue. Or should execute it differently?

Just run the executable, without any extra arguments. It should grab the tp2 from the folder automatically.
New_Vuki
I just realized that I unzip it to the wrong directory. It was unzipped it to the BG2 directory but I unzip it to subdirectory IATweaksv102. I unzip it again and the tp2 file is now in the IA directory. I also execute it without any parameter but the error is still the same. "Could not open readme: file not found", "ERROR: No translation provided for @1".

Maybe I downloaded a corrupted file? I download it from here, from the download center.
critto
Try grabbing the latest one from here: https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvilTweaks (code -> download zip)
New_Vuki
thanks, that one worked proeperly! thumb.gif
critto
Great, glad it helped.
pekkae
Hi.

My old computer died and now I have new one. Good times.

But I can't seem to be able to install IA anymore and I have no idea what's wrong.

I have everything in Vontents / Resources and when I try to launch the Weidu launcher (MAC_Weidu_Laucnher_v7), it just says this and nothing happens.

Anybody have any ideas what's wrong?

Last login: Mon May 8 18:46:25 on ttys000
/Applications/BaldursGateII-macOS.app/Contents/Resources/Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7.app/Contents/Resources/mwl.command ; exit;

The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.
For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.
MacBookA2:~ USER$ /Applications/BaldursGateII-macOS.app/Contents/Resources/Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7.app/Contents/Resources/mwl.command ; exit;
/Applications/BaldursGateII-macOS.app/Contents/Resources/Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7.app/Contents/Resources/mwl.command: line 3: 34342 Killed: 9 ./weidu setup-ImprovedAnvil.tp2 --log logs/ImprovedAnvil.debug
logout

Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...109 completed.

[Process completed]

critto
Hi pekkae.

It seems that you're trying to put stuff into the wrong folder. All mod folder and weidu installers should reside in the same folder as the .app file. Whereas you have opened the .app file as a folder and put everything to that directory with the icon. Try putting everything into /Applications/BaldursGateII-macOS.app/ and see how it goes. The good indication of a correct location is presence of the chitin.key file in it.
pekkae
Hi! Thank you for the reply.

I have everything in the exact folder where chitin.key is.

It's also identical location to where I used to have IA (and where it installed just fine before). MacOS migrated the stuffs from the old computer, except the mods.

So this is a little bit confusing. (Edit: also tried pushing back to the previous folder but it doesn't seem to work from there either)
critto
OK. What is this launcher, then? I am not familiar with it. I would recommend downloading a weidu binary compiled for Mac OS X and trying to install mods directly with it. Of course if you're somewhat comfortable using the terminal for this.

One other thing that comes to mind is checking if the weidu binary has executable flag set on.
pekkae
Thanks! Solved this.

[./lang/en_us/dialog.tlk] created, 106520 string entries

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Anvil

Press ENTER to exit.

The problem was that terminal did not have the permission to make changes.
critto
Cool, glad it helped.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.