Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Specific loot doesn't drop?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
kilorew
Just playing through improved anvil, fun and challenging.

But I seem to be missing loot that should drop? Tried to play through without spoilers as to where gear is but I do know a few, I just killed the hybrid thiefling in WK3 and he just dropped a scroll of memory boosting + gold. That's it.

I know for sure he is supposed to drop Robe of neutral archmagi is that correct? Come to think of it the Shadow Dragon didn't drop anything spectacular other than his tooth and I think Permanency Scroll ? Playthrough I had a quick look at dropped Blade of Roses + Azuredge.

I quickly started a new game and saw "item randomizer successfully initiated" and then went and killed the tiefling again and the same, just a scroll of memory boosting + gold.

Any ideas on what the issue is? I'm guessing I've missed out on quite a bit of loot lol
critto
Hi. Glad you're having fun playing.

But I seem to be missing loot that should drop? Tried to play through without spoilers as to where gear is but I do know a few, I just killed the hybrid thiefling in WK3 and he just dropped a scroll of memory boosting + gold. That's it.
That's strange. What is the version of the mod and the game? Any other mods installed?

I know for sure he is supposed to drop Robe of neutral archmagi is that correct? Come to think of it the Shadow Dragon didn't drop anything spectacular other than his tooth and I think Permanency Scroll ? Playthrough I had a quick look at dropped Blade of Roses + Azuredge.

Both these weapons are randomised and not guaranteed to be dropped by the Shadow Dragon specifically.
kilorew
Baldurs gate II enhanced edition v2.5

Latest version of IA, and other mods I have Tweaks Anthology + IA tweaks (just for extra quests available)
critto
Anything specific from the tweaks anthology?
kilorew
Just the 'standard' stuff, multiple strongholds, true grandmastery, ease of use tweaks bottomless bag of holding, unlimited potion stacking, removed XP cap, max HP on lvlup/creatures.

critto
I see. None of this should affect the loot drops, but just most of the stuff you've installed is not needed as it is incorporated into IA. And removed XP cap might mess with some things, because IA has its own XP tables that are designed to last you until the end of the game, but the progressions are different from the vanilla version.

As for the original problem, I'll think about it. Everything should drop correctly, there's no situational scripting involved, the items are just there, present on the creature.
critto
So, I'm clueless as to why the loss of loot happens. The best I can do is to try to look at your save game specifically (weidu.log would be useful too to recreate the specific installation).
pekkae
Hey!

Where's the "red star garnet" (the item needed for improved armour of stamina) is supposed to be?

I think I've always had it, I just have no idea where it was supposed to drop from.
critto
I think I've always had it, I just have no idea where it was supposed to drop from.

SPOILER!
WK, a container in the area where you find white dragon scales (ar3014). It spawns only if a swashbuckler is present with the party.
pekkae
Thank you (yet again).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.