Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No executable file in the extracted V6.5 files
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
forthenature
I have been playing IA for years. Since V6.5 is released I'm trying to start a new journey.
But I did not find any executable file in the entracted V6.5 files. So how could I intall it?
critto
This is strange. You can grab it here https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/...provedAnvil.exe
lroumen
If you have mcafee virus protection it tends to quarantine the newest weidu.exe files.
forthenature
Now that I can continue installing, but some problem still exists.
It says “Couldn't open the readme file: file not found”.

That's all what i have done:
1.Install BG2:EE from steam,so it is the latest version:v2.6.5.0
2.Download the mod and extract everything to the install directory of BG2:EE
3.Download the executable file provided by crito and put it in the same directroy of all other files
Then run the executable file.

The attachments show the contents in the install directory and what the error prompts.

This is the second time i'm trying to play IA on BG2:EE and it has been two years since the last time I played it on BG2:EE.
Theres were also some problems when installing last time (I guess it's version v6.2?), but I fiexed them.
I have no idea what is going on this time.
critto
You should only have the executable and ImprovedAnvil folder in the main directory. What you have done is you entered ImprovedAnvil directory contained inside the mod archive and copied all of its contents directly into the root directory.

Remove the following folders and files from the root folder of the game:
- lang
- lib
- readme
- resources
- scripts
- Setup-ImprovedAnvil.tp2

Then open the game's options inside Steam, go to the "Betas" section and select 2.5 release. Let Steam re-download the appropriate version (IA is not yet guaranteed to be compatible with the recently released 2.6 version).

After that copy ImprovedAnvil folder from the mod archive into the root directory of the game, then you should be able to install correctly.
forthenature
I followed you suggestion.
Now that the bg2:ee version is fine(which is now v2.5.16.6), but the problem still exists.
The error prompts the same and the content of the root directory is as follows.

The "lang" folder is what the original bg2ee contains.
SparrowJacek
I think you need to have a folder which is called ImprovedAnvil in the same directory as Setup-ImprovedAnvil.exe, so rename IAv65 to ImprovedAnvil and let's hope that it woks!
critto
I think you need to have a folder which is called ImprovedAnvil in the same directory as Setup-ImprovedAnvil.exe, so rename IAv65 to ImprovedAnvil and let's hope that it woks!
I think ImprovedAnvil folder (the one that is ultimately needed) is stored inside IAv65. Simply renaming it won't help. ImprovedAnvil folder should be copied into the root game directory. And you don't need Setup-ImprovedAnvil.tp2 in the root folder, it is contained inside ImprovedAnvil

The "lang" folder is what the original bg2ee contains.

It is, that is why I suggested you first remove the folders and then switch to another version. Steam would have restored the original contents when downloading 2.5 version of the game.
SparrowJacek
I downloaded IAv65 from the pinned thread. Its structure is wrong. This zip file does not contain .exe file and the inner folder is called "IAv65".

It's best to download current version from git: https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil it has all files needed and they all have proper names, so there shouldn't be any problems installing it (just click "Code" -> "Download zip")
forthenature
With all the help provided, I can now install IA correctly. But I'm not sure whether it will work properly.
Because all kits and spells that have modified shows "invalid".
My BG2EE is simplified Chinese version and I installed IA using English language.

And I also tried to install IA using Chinese language but it will prompt "ERROR:Not_found".
The following is what the new spell looks like in the game. It is Imen's 4th level wizzard spell.
critto
My BG2EE is simplified Chinese version and I installed IA using English language.

I will try to test myself in the evening and give further feedback. I haven't tested Chinese version for a while, and the translation itself hasn't been updated since 6.2 or so.
critto

When you are installing, on the first run weidu asks for language input two times: one for weidu itself (so that it knows which locale's dialog.tlk to use for appending new lines) and then a prompt for the mod. You chose English both times? If you don't remember, this choice is stored inside the file called weidu.conf located inside the root game folder.
forthenature
Well,I tried different combinations and finally done with it.
Let 1 denote English and 2 denote Chinese, and their order is the order I chose.
1 1:can install but cannot display new spells and kits
2 1:Error:Not_found
1 2:it works
2 2:Error:Not_found

So I can now go on with my journey, that’ s exciting.
But I still have no idea why the problem comes out, hope my experience may help you figure it out.
critto
I expect that your game will be mostly English with some stuff in Chinese and newer lines from the mod again in English.

Hopefully, you won't encounter anything too weird, like mixed up translations, but no guarantee this won't happen.

And the game itself is in Chinese or English (which language did you choose in the options menu)?
forthenature
Game is in Chinese and anything related to IA is in English, that's what expected.
I think this time it will be fine because the last run was also like this and didn't encounter anything special. (one only thing is that i cannot equip the Truth+5)
critto
This is a bug still present in the version published on BWL, but fixed in the latest github master branch version.

PS: I am not entirely sure whom to approach on the subject, but Chinese translation could be updated if someone from the community is prepared to assist on the matter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.