Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Detailed Journal V6.4
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Dequ
My party, Full custom party

Protagonist Berserker7/Mage Halberd (F/M dual = some shit changes affecting scrips/drops I know)
Berserker7/Mage Axes both hands
Berserker7/Mage Hammers both hands
Berserker7/Mage Flails both hands
Beastmaster7/Cleric Clubs and leather (added beastmaster summon spells lvl1,lvl2,lvl3 & Removed summon limit for this char only)
Wizard Slayer7/Thief, 2handed sword

Party is has really high attack counts per round (over 50), downside is thac0 and no fighter HLAs.
Imagine over 50 hits in 1round (can kill enemy casters ez when wait until they start casting I have 1 free round to kill them) Also 4 Arcane caster, I could throw so much spells in instant. Beastmaster/Cleric instead of regular R/C, because wanted to try something new. Wizard Slayer/Thief, because I want to have thief and give a try for Wizard Slayer class + getting UAI later so can use more items. Maybe creating some tactics using her miscast per hit ability (so far not needed/not seemed to work on most harder enemies)

This was pregenerated party (not imported). Give bg1 tome upgrades for my characters (distriputed for getting most of strenght for all chars when calculated ST bonuses from weapons they aim to use and +3WI for divene caster)

Fights I try to beat in best possible way using least amount of recources needed. Like preventing enemeis to spend scrolls (kill before it/some tricks so their scripts do something else instead).

Trying to use spoiler tag for improved encounters/tactics

DAY #1
Get out of dungeon. Suprisingly found 2 Varscona. Sold some shit and get Emotion, Creater Malison, Web Spells, Gem bag, Scroll case, Potion case and Ammo belt. First priority was get everyone +3 weapons asap. Some early vanilla quest and easy encounters. Got +1 Halberd from Anarg, +2 axe from minotaur, +3 club fom Beast Master, Lilarcor SPOILER!
(had to buy enchanted weapon spell to get +3 weapons to kill that beast, Shadow lover died to full buffed party and those annoying rats fell to sleep by Emotion)
Suna Seni encounterSPOILER!
Interrupted cleric, 4x web and free action and creater malison, Spell thrust on wizard

DAY #2
Heading for Trademeet. Druid Grove, FaldornSPOILER!
(focused to interrupt spell casting and killed with spells), The Root of the Problem obtained
Checked Adratha potion stock before taking Genies quest. Then took quest and headed back to Druids Grove, easily killed those potion seller just with haste and attack. Bought protective amulet +1 from Genie and finished quest. Bought Dwarven Thrower +3 hammer, Blackblood. Next stop is De Arnise Keep. Cleared all but no Torgal level (Clear upstairs, before lowering bridge = few more trolls to kill). Viper snake SPOILER!
eat dirt when hastened + buffed party smack it down
Crafted Flail of Ages +3 and looted Axe Frostreaver +3. Bought Harmonium Halberd +3 (18 to 19 ST + Draw Upon Holy Might because protagonist to get nice ST)

This point my party was level 10 but all had +3weapons
Harmonium Halberd +3
Frostreaver +3
Dwarven Thrower +3
Flail of Ages +3
Club+3 & Blackblood
Lilarcor +3

DAY #3
Some basic quests, bought few spells, trying to work my rep to 20. Went back to De Arnise Keep to kill Torgal: SPOILER!
Buff all, Protagonist go in to get focused by all enemies, Protagonist Breach Torgal and rest chars just get attack torgal command. Torgal managed to cast Storm on Protagonist, which run away to trigger storm in other room. Torgal die in few rounds. After Torgal it was just regular melee fight to finish trashes.
Starting Thiefs Guild, to get max profit out of it I go for high risk option 1 2 1 for all but (Goshan & Kretor safest, because they can be pickpocketed each week for crossbow+1/bolts of biting/arrow of biting = more money). So far most notable pickpocketed items: Wand of Fear (docks) and Longsword +2 (Waukeen Promenade). Graveyard King & Queen Buffed and Hasted party pummeled King first (he died before Queen appeared), then just attack Queen with melee (Got 1 char level drained). Visit Windspear Hills, kill knights, decline offer. Return accorns for nymphomaniac. Going back to big city to deal Order Knight ambush in slums. Knights are easy, but the wizard is tricky SPOILER!
He cast 3xADHW (no PFME available yet) when hp drop to 50%, Hitting him melee so he lost stoneskin, running my whole party at the copper coronet doorway and use some range attack to hit wizard few times, ADHWs coming to my way and I just step in the building and using other door to go outside. Knights actually followed me inside, but wizard was outside alone no stoneskills so it was matter of blink of eye until he found himself chunked in many pieces. This encounter drop full plate mail.

DAY #4
Temple Ruins next. My Party is lvl 10 (So no lvl6 wizards spells yet). Shadow Jailor SPOILER!
1 Breach and melee bashing
Hit lvl 11 in this dungeon. Random spawns seems to be quite easy on this low level. I remember one playthrought those were really strong (lichess, Vampires, Golems, Skeletons). Trying Shadow Dragon, actually managed to beat it with second try:SPOILER!
Breach volleys every 3second (2/per round) and everyone bashing with +3weapons. Breached a lot of PFMW, basically my hits were almost connecting all the time. Creater Silence my beastmaster, he run away to take it alone. Got breached multiple times, one wing buffed thing and one time that blast that caused level drain (half of my team took it). Fight took much longer then my previous run (few second), but not needed much tactics.
Next I will try Shadelord: SPOILER!
Full buff and I go to around shadelord and wait until he start spell casting (no hits before that, so he dont cast PFMW.) 1 Round to beat him, but 3xADHW is something I could not survive. I could kill him with few chars to suicide, but I dont want casualties. Decide to postpone this fight until I get lvl12 and access to PFME.

DAY #5
Returning to city, selling loot. Clearing Mencar Peddlecrusher party easily: SPOILER!
Rush to Pooky, then the wizards, stoneskin triggered, but bashing throught it. Wizard seems to cast Improved Mantle after protect from fire spell even if I dont hit him. Had to try few times and he did not cast it for some reason (maybe he´s round was not finished), then emotions, breach on Mencar.
Harper Quest, Clearing rest of Graveyard. More vanilla quests. Finally got lvl12 and have access lvl 6 wizard spells. I have 2 chars that has memorized PFME, decide to give a try for Shadelord again. Tactics: SPOILER!
Buff party, 2 chars under PFME, wait until shadelord start casting and attack with all, in right moment pull away 4 chars that are not protected from those nasty ADHDs. Actually one char into got traffic jam and get hit, but survived with very little hp (lucky saves rolls and chant and luck spell helped). Rest of fight it was just matter of bashing.
Now that I am level 12 I had access on lvl6 spell Contingency (found some but bought scrolls to memorize it). Founder of Trademeet. SPOILER!
This battle I prepared with 4 Contingency. My protagonist (because halberd, cast haste when see enemy, other 3 chars Contingency cast stoneskin (because they have no weapon range to deal with globe of barrier so they need to take hits). I think halberd hit so far that char using it wont get hit be blades of barrier. Battle was pretty straight forward to attack and Contingencys did their job after initial dispel, hits were able disrupt spell casting so no stormy days .

DAY #6
Fighter stronghold quest, visiting thiefs guild, Report Umar Hills Mayor about my success. Next I try Pirate Hideout: SPOILER!
Plan is to rush around coordinator and when he reveal himself I just smack him with multiple attacks. Tryied that few times, but my number of attacks was not enought so he always casted absolute immunity from scroll. Even tried to buff all thac0 boosting spells to get as many hits as possible. I need improved haste for this fight. Sure I could use long time spending tactics, but I dont want that he spend those nice scrolls.
I chose to finally clear Slaver Combound, went via sewers: SPOILER!
Buffed party, free actions, multiple web spells, creater malisons, emotions. This was extreme easy this late. Looted Improved Haste Scroll
Now I tried again that Pirate Hideout: SPOILER!
same tactic + I had 1 improved haste spell. This was just barely enought to create enought attacks to beat down coordinator to prevent his absolute immune scroll wasting.
Still lvl 12, I want to clear WK1 before Paina, so I can get WK2 without need to fight Queen Bitch and horde of spiders.

DAY #7
WK1 now, No problems so far. Then all that is left is top left corner spawn. I checked and there is 1 spawn of golems, 1 spawn on vampires + those nasty Mists around 12 enemies total. It is late and irl fatigue hitting hard, but I give a try before going to sleep.SPOILER!
Open the door and let enemies flood in the middle, managed to kill about half before I died. Micromagement is not strongest when tired. Giving a new try next day will see how it goes. Plan is to use 4x sunfire and maybe another 4xsunfire to clear undeads (they are vulnerable to fire)+ then kill the bonegolem fast. then I will use door way to fight golem 1by1 and swiching weapons to blunt/piercing depend which golem happen to be in a way.
So far I have not spend any potions, low AC, Stoneskins + Mirror Image have been abuseble good, so most fight I have not even take any dmg. If I am not able to beat them this point, I will move to clear Temple Sewers and doing quests there. My plan is to do everything possible before going to spellhold so yes, improved asylum (have tactic to beat it, did it last run. My last run ended when I ragequit in Neera´s guest when I could not find all the cats sad.gif.)

DAY #8
Store continues.... Failed to use sunfire to kill those undead so trying something different. Even 12 Sunfires did not kill those Eminent Vampires. About sunfires, when I cast it my char get temporary 100% fire resistance. So when I use 4 chars to cast it I cannot stay too far away eachothers and have to be synched 100%. Took me 2 hours to find tactic that bring me to victory: SPOILER!
Contingency: Stoneskins, more stoneskins and micromanagement, buffs and rebuffing while in combat. My axe char (slashing dmg most useless) lured most of them out and kep half of them pursuing her around. Find out that some enemy caused constant illusion dispel (Creater Bonegolem maybe?), so wasted some mirror images. Each time I had stoneskin ripped off, I took few steps to behind and renewed stoneskin. Wizard Slayer/Thief was mostly useless, sipping potions and running around trying to stay alive. Anyway it was tough fight, had only 1 improved haste spell.

Tactic was not perfect but anyway, they are no more:
https://i.imgur.com/zZaso6J.jpg

Next (tomorrow) I will try to beat statues. I have no idea can I even hit them with +3weapons? We will see. Anyway my most used tactic for most fight is full buff, breach on enemy protections and kill on melee. Seems to work atleast on these early encounters. Wish me luck!

DAY #9
Found nice old candle at the chest. Take it on my hands to light it up, but suddenly Fanatic Spirit appear. "Only the high priest are allowed to carry this holy item" he shout and grap the candle out of my hands. I told him: "I may not be the highest priest but I am Dequ and I am taking this nice candle". Spirit not liking my hostile intentions, so there is only one way to solve this matter. SPOILER!
First I try just casual buffs and beat him using melee. No luck, he seems to be very resistant on physical damage and even if I managed to hit I do only 2dmg, he seems to regen hit points really fast. Another attempt, I try to best him by using magic, nothing seems to work. Spell ineffective, not even lower resist has any effect. Back to the melee strategy. Only problem is to generate enought physical (more than he regen) damage. My party lack of good thac0 and I dont think lvl 12 party is meant to beat this encounter yet. Fighter HLA Critical Strike is answer for easy victory (which I am never going to get). +3 weapon can only hit I noticed. Anyway, I buff my party with: Chant, Bless, Haste, 1xImproved Haste, 4xEnrage, 2xDraw Upon Holy Might, Holy Power, 4xLuck. Each time my Luck spell run out, I recast it. Same for Bless and Chant. After 2 hastes has expired my party taking effect of fatigue. Also recasting stoneskins when ever needed. This fight was not over so fast as anticipated. It took about 5 Turns (4x Luck Spells for each char, until the enemy is on almost dead and I am running out of buff spells. He is so close to die in few turns, but refuse to die and regeneneration win that fight for him. It was so close that I try again with same setup and few more succesful hit rolls in the end put that spirit for final rest.
Same encounter when I loot Bell, same tactic win the fight.

I dont remember this encounter from my previous runs, or maybe I did it with much higher levels and had no problems. Easy fight could be reason that my memory has not any mark about this fight.

DAY #10
After Fanatic Spirit fight I choose to rest a bit on the stone floor. I woke up hearing distant echoes from the main corridor: "cold, cold". It was cold night indeed. Suddenly I remember my promise for old ghost which I met before, that I agreed to warm up this level in some way. I tend to make lof of promises + having bad memory capacity is not good compination. It often lead to empty promises. When I lift my eyes a bit, I see it just in front of me. Old oven filled full with dry wood. It seems like someone intentionally made all preliminaries to fire it up, but did not finish the job. Well as a "heavy worker" I choose to do the hard work. Lighted up my tinder and gently pass it into the woods. Warm fire engulfed woods.

Instantly the ghost appear uncomfortable close behind me and praise my name:
"Dequ, Dequ". "For so long I have suffered this frost and could not bear it anymore."
"You have done great deed and I will be grateful eternity for you."
I reply:
"You are welcome man, but I just.... "(Ghost dissappear middle of sentence).

Back to the adventure business. I place the candle, the bell and the holy book on the the altar. I hope that I wont mess up the ritual too bad. Protagonist is too lazy to read notes so he resort for his greatest power "quick load". Ritual performed succesfully and shimmering lights appear on portal type of objects. Suddenly the stone statues start moving and became alive. They seems to be guardians of portal and wont let me use it. Such a shame to break down amazingly detailed statues. I had plan to take them to my sweet home in Athkatla as a souvenir, but cant be helped. Just a few rounds later and stonepieces are all over floor.

Now I jump into portal and hope for best, since protagonist have no idea what lies ahead. We found ourself in nice circle shaped room, clean marble floor resemples chess board, 4 doors to pointing in each combass directions (north, east, south and west). Then we notice that we are not alone. There is poor shapeshifting moster trapped in cage. We dare to approach it and it speaks:

"I am Tanari the Cromatic Demon imprisoned one, not "The Imprisoned on" you seek thou."
"You been tricked by Helm I see"
"I have simple request, release me from this cage and I will open portal for you to reach next level"

Dequ:
"Do you really think you are in position to negotiate with me?"
"Well anyway, sure I will help you out of there, ofc did you expect something else than willingly helping a evil demon"
Demon have no idea that I am deceiving it and had intention to end it miserable life after he open the portal for me.

First I heading toward north. There seems to be some sort of library. Scavencing some decent items and found a SPOILER!
Permanency Scroll
On my right side narrow corridor a creature Imp shouting me something. I approach it and my first glance already tell me that this imp is just plain stupid. It tell me something about that the master told him to wait there hundrests of years ago and it has been following the order so far. I told it that the master is no more/has not been in loong time and you just have wasted your time on waiting. So together we come to conclusion that Imp is freed from it´s previous master.I Asked if it is willing to server me as a new master, but it reject my offer to become servant. Imp just teleport away. Another poor soul helped, I am such a good aligned adventurer.

Then I choose to head south path. Group of spider creatures have made spawn there also one creature that is monkey like with sharp claws. There is no way to negotiate with them, so it end in bloodshed in their part. Some minor loot and books. Protagonist is not known to be bookwork, but one certain book Elminster's Ecologies catch interest. Book descripe about different monster and their behavior and their weaknesess. Might come hand when facing new enemies.

Time to head east. I open the door and right away, I see creature which I have never seen before. It looks huge humanlike, naked, purple flames engulfing around stoned hard skin. Luckily there is name tag above montster "Elemental Golem". It looks devastiting dangerous, so I step back and close the door fast. Checking the Elminster books: There is no mentioning anything this type. Protagonist swearing Elmisters name by the nine hell that "why you have made such a useless book about this dungeons´s creatures". Elminster must have visited this place time before Improved Anvil.

We choose to try last door which is heading west. I open the door and suddenly 2 Creater Bone Golem, 2 Gem Golem and 2 Coin Golem are right at us. We backing up a bit to the main circle room and take them there. We have faced them before in upstairs (lvl1), so these wont cause any additional problems. After the fight we go investigate the last room more closely. Corner of this room we see partially invisible creature reading a book. It has flaming aura around surrounding it. This monster is called Steam Elemental Prince. We choose to interrupt it´s book reading moments:

First we testing how to best this Prince with physical weapons. This point in game I have only +3Weapons and lvl13 characters, so I knew this could be hard challenge. Not suprisingly we cannot even hit it with our current weapons. So we need to get +4 weapons or try something else. Now we will try our magic. Lower Resistance seems to work, it lower MR -23%. So casting four those will lower down enemy MR to 8%. It is sufficient so we will test which type of magic/elements would work: Conclusion that Acid, Ice and Magic types of damage have effects. Now creating tactic to beat this monster:

SPOILER!
Prepare fight with buffs: Haste, Protect from electric and fire 100%. Most useless char again (wizard slayer/Thief) also get 100% ice protection (potion+ green scroll). Thief will rush in first and get agroed, he just dancing around the prince and trying to take least possible hit as possible, drinking healing potions and keeping the Prince middle of room. 5 Casters (4 arcane & 1 divine) spread around room evenly to have enought distant to each others and being far as possible from Prince. Starting fight with 4xLower Resistance, Then Doom. 2nd round, Greater Malison and Ice Storms on the middle of the room. Keep on going with damaging spells every round: Ice Storms, Melf Acid Arrows, Magic Missiles, Alicorn Lances. At the point when casting only Magic Missiles I notice that the Prince is regen faster than I can apply dmg. For unleasing more spells in smaller time period I going to need spells: Minor Sequencer and Spell Sequencer, which I have not found any this point of game

Any ideas where I can get Minor Sequencer spells? Checked most available shops and no success to find even one scroll.

DAY #11
A long day come to end. I choose to head back for big city to fill my recources and lick our wounds. We got anonymous hint that cone of cold spell might come in handy when fighting Steam Elemental Prince. We choose to make costly investment: buying back recharged wand of frost (100 charges). Then I bought cone of cold spell scrolls and memorize those for my mages. So right now I can use 4 x 2 cone of cold spells and have 2 wand of frost (6 & 100 charges). That might be enought damage output if I spend my cold spells and then cycle 2 wands between chars only using "item use delay". We also sold quite a bit of useless loot.

I feel like I need to visit graveyard just for more joyful atmosphere. There is one place I havent visited yet, underground tombs Pai´na´s spider lair. I catch her at pants down: breeding with spiderling. I start fight with her right away:
SPOILER!
1Round: 3 X Chain Lighting, 1 Fireball (books of infinity spells) and 1 Breach on Paina, Few bow shots to Spiders.
2Round: Rush in melee and killed Pai´na
3Round+: Killed the spiders using melee
Looted nice spider figure, which I can use to summon underling for me. Also first SI Scroll

Now I headed into Temple area. There is so much to explore here. Went into first sewer hole I found. Middle of sewer tunnels I meet Rakshasa surrounded by kobolds, he is hostile towards me:
SPOILER!
Full buff + Few PRME spells casted. First I rush into melee. Rakshasa casted ADHW one of my "not protected character". Well my whole party take effect area of it, but with few PRME and high HP pool we take it like a champions. We continue to hit him with our +3 weapons, but suddenly he cast absolute immunity/improved mantle (cannot remember which one). So we have no other choise than retreat a bit. We move south part of sewer and lay a trap for him. We are waiting after long corridor just behind the corner to make suprice attack when he cross the corner. This waiting time we also use to recast divine buff. There he comes and we rush to melee him again. He choose to cast ADHW instead of renew his protection. This cause that we almost died and he is no more.
Could have done this without taking any dmg, but things went this messy way and risked our precious characters lifes.

After that Fight just a bit more north there is group of hostile enemies also known as Tarnor the Hatchetman group: 1 mage, few clerics and few fighters total of 6. Only real treat is that mage Gaius. Had 2 tries.
Try 1:SPOILER!
Full buff and rush in melee and kill the closest enemies. At the end of first round 3 of them were already slained, then another 2, then only mage alive. Thing is that he managed to cast protection scroll and had Improved Invisible & SI: Divination.
This point I reloaded and choose to kill mage first so it wont waste any of those nice scrolls.
Try 2: SPOILER!
Full buff and rush in melee to Gaius, caused so many hits so fast that stoneskin ripped off few times and mage died in matter of 1 round. After this focused clerics and then the rest. Whole fight was over in matter of few rounds.
I did not remember this fight being so easy. So far this party composition has been proved very strong in early game, it will have problems in late game thought. I dont let it bother me, since I am probably never going to get into late game.

Mekrath's Lair is where my foot took me next. There is few annoying imps that just need to die. I found strange half devil-elf who is muttering about master Mekrath. A little bit later we found this master. He offer as job to retrieve a mirror which evil imp servant stole from him. We agreed to help. We found imp at south east part of sewer. He is with 2 Earth golems. They all die really fast. Mirror recovered and returned for master. We decice that we want even more experience than just quest reward, we accidently murder Mekrath.

Our orginal quest was to investigate cult of all seeing eye fanatics and their activity. We found new map when we exit north west part of sewer. This map there is few minor traps, shadows, and mists. Even nasty trapped room which we fell in. After all that minor stuff we finally found it. The Cult. The head man of this cult "Gaal" greet us. We deceive him and let him believe we want to join. To let us join we need to recover a magical rod from him. Another empty promise. They always fell for it. In this cult I found 1 scroll Cone of cold. Too bad I bought all I needed so this one is wasted.

DAY #12
Too bad I played ahead so much that I cannot remember everything so clearly anymore. Entered Rift Area and Choose to do Screaming Statue encounter. SPOILER!
Full buff on party, Protect from Negative Energy for Thief and Cleric other 4 chars have berserker engrace ability to protect from level drain. Need little bit micromanagement and focus fire, but everything die very quickly. Got nice reward: https://imgur.com/3iyj0fc

After that I proceed into the bridge. There I noticed that I can farm minor loot by answering wrong answer in riddle. After bridge some minor enemies and trap with spiders + web. I took web one one char and decide to fight a bit more upper area to prevent web affecting my party. After this Went to ancient temple and got half of the nice magical rod.

Back to the cult base in previous area. From there I proceed Beholder lair. There is nothing too hard to beat. In the end I found second part of this magical rod and it become one. Soon after Big Fat Beholder god appear and I beat it easily by taking my magical rod and sticking it to the beholder eye. He left only 1HP and screaming loudly that he cannot see anymore. Prophesy become reality for him, since he is the leader of this cult of blinded fanatics.

Returning the ancient temple and got nice shield as reward. Then moving to cult of eyeless to beat last of them.

DAY #13
Planar Prison I heading next. Very easy Warden with my party:SPOILER!
Having 5 char ready to rush Warden full buffed and 1 Char to release thralls. First round I make Warden very wounded, on second round he casted sunfire and died right after it. Too bad choise, PFMW would have been much more better for him. After Warden it was just regular cleanup.
I have feeling that have full custom party is like a cheating, because it is so powerful even thought it is not fully optimiced party.

Stronghold quests:
Fighter Stronghold last quest invasion. Focus down mage first then the fighters, then golems and last the end boss.
Bard Stronghold improved encounter. Full buff and rushed in.

Windspear Hills:
Samia Party. Full buff and killed the mage first, PFME protected from ADHW trigger at 50%. Then kill 2 more and put one of my char at doorway which used PFMW. Had few reload, one because Flail of Ages freeze down and destroyed some loot.
Then Conster:
Full buff and rushed in. He just die instantly. Then I went into skeleton spawn point and split my group 3 and 3. Skeletons spawned and died instantly.
WindMaster SPOILER!
It took 8 preemptive death fog + 4 Lower Resistance + 6 minor sequensers + 2 Sequencer (18 Melf Acid Arrows) and little bit preparation and way to dodge those nasty 1/round windblast thing abilities. Got it on video, but got some computer problems (CPU overheating if rendering, need to change new termalpaste).

Trademeet Chaos:
My ranger/Cleric did not have enought spells so had to borrow Cernd to be temporary party member.
SPOILER!
Call Lightning Spells win the fight, Some reason Lighting bolt not working against Chaos

DAY #14
Taking Valygar to my party as a key for Planar Sphere. Then I beat shit out of Halflings with full buff party. Had interesting Golem encounter in Engine room, total of 14 Golems. Then Lavok encounter I had few reload here, but first I beat the Skeletons, then Summons, then the mister itself.

Continue WK lvl2 Full buff beating Fire Giant, then milking out Elemental Golem and then killed it. Then more interesting fight Cromatic Demon on low lvl party: SPOILER!
Full buff, few skeleton summons scattered around and 1 at enemy spawnpoint. Full buff and I kill all but Cromatic Demon and Amber Golem. Then I tested that I need to have 1 skeleton near Cromatic Demon so he postpone his dispel magic for 1 round later. Attacking Amber Golem and then when it is time to take dispel magic hit I spread my party and took it with 1 char. Meanwhile I beat Amber Golem fast, then I kill Cromatic Demon on next round. I could have milk more Amber Golems, but choose not to. Right, looted last part of the Sword The Truth my first +5 weapons. I choose to craft it, but cannot use it before I get my thief HLA Use Any Item.

WK lvl3
Found Purifier sword +4. Then cleared all, but not Demon Wraith. Actually beat it once, but then I died to skeletons.

Then did all the liches exept Kangaxx

DAY #15
Cannot remember exactly anymore what I did, but all minor quest + shopping, crafting, all the stonghold quest Proceeded to chapter 3 finally. Then I did all the NPC Quests (few are still in progres, but almost done) to milk out just a bit more experience and gold.

Actually tried all of these few times, but these need much more planning to be able beat than just lucky trying. Finally some challenge ahead. Right now Chars have about 2,8-2,9kk experience. Trying to do all those before satting sails for Brynlaw.

Firkraag
https://youtu.be/u2ppEll9T5o

Teshal
https://youtu.be/YquiWiMPnUU

Windmaster
https://youtu.be/2Y333XEKxoc

DAY #16
Beat and add videos:
After Firkraag Encounters
Troll Mound*
Illithid Hideout
Demon Wrait*
Kangaxx*
Twisted Rune
Guarded Combound
Umar*
Zallanora*
Orcus
HTRT
Full buff and I go to around shadelord and wait until he start spell casting (no hits before that, so he dont cast PFMW.) 1 Round to beat him, but 3xADHW is something I could not survive. I could kill him with few chars to suicide, but I dont want casualties. Decide to postpone this fight until I get lvl12 and access to PFME.

Maybe you could have tried SI:Necromancy but I think very few of your mages would have had access to that spell at that point.
Dequ
QUOTE(HTRT @ Apr 2 2019, 01:07 AM) *

Maybe you could have tried SI:Necromancy but I think very few of your mages would have had access to that spell at that point.

Ye that would have worked too (did not thought that). Anyway had no Spell Immunity Spell yet at this point.
lappen
hey Dequ

the fanatics are vulnerable to one specific damage type. But u killed them anyway.

Its very entertaining to read ! Keep going !
Dequ
Changed this journal more like story telling type with more details from protagonist point of view. Added Day #10. Maybe will add earlier days with much more information later if that style seems to fit better.

Is it fine to have detailed information about loot drops/enemies/strategies? I quess not many new players play this mod, since it is too hard for casuals. (most old players are already familiar with those things)
bulian
Good luck! Looks like a fun party. I am worried about your late game damage, though, due to a lack of CS. Some enemies have ridiculous armor classes - the supreme leader in WK level 4, for example, has an armor class of -37 (I was stuck on him for a long time in my current game and ended up ctrl+Q into my party to look at his stats), so about the only way to hit him - even with a single class fighter - is with critical strike or with a lot of 19/20 rolls.

For the steam prince, you should definitely add in cone of cold to your arsenal - it will do more damage then ice storm and you can probably find the scroll for sale at vendors. How did you make it past the elite fire giant in WK lvl 2?

Also at this point I would assume people who visit this board have some knowledge of the fights and posting detailed strategies should be fine (my 2 cents).
Dequ
QUOTE(bulian @ Apr 3 2019, 09:06 PM) *
How did you make it past the elite fire giant in WK lvl 2?

I didnt, he just did not spawn at first time I visit fire library. I went there again and there he is.
Dequ
Did quick visit to meet Elite Fire Giant and it accidently died:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkiuJDwXL2E...eature=youtu.be

Not sure if someone noticed what I am doing there to get even more advantage over him:SPOILER!
First half of the fight Giant do only few hits, because he agroed the ones he blew away. Then I block his movement by surrounding him, so he waste few rounds just to stand still and trying to find path out.

This is not intented way to kill it so I loaded my game. I will kill it later in ice room the way as it "supposed to be killed"
lappen
QUOTE(bulian @ Apr 3 2019, 07:06 PM) *
Good luck! Looks like a fun party. I am worried about your late game damage, though, due to a lack of CS. Some enemies have ridiculous armor classes - the supreme leader in WK level 4, for example, has an armor class of -37 (I was stuck on him for a long time in my current game and ended up ctrl+Q into my party to look at his stats), so about the only way to hit him - even with a single class fighter - is with critical strike or with a lot of 19/20 rolls.

For the steam prince, you should definitely add in cone of cold to your arsenal - it will do more damage then ice storm and you can probably find the scroll for sale at vendors. How did you make it past the elite fire giant in WK lvl 2?

Also at this point I would assume people who visit this board have some knowledge of the fights and posting detailed strategies should be fine (my 2 cents).

Hey Bulian, i always wonder how people do this ctrl+q thing and can see enemys stats
How does that work ??

i point on the enemy and press these 2 buttons ?
Dequ
Screaming Statue done by 13lvl party
https://imgur.com/3iyj0fc
4 Berserkers is op because they are immune to everything.

Will Add detailed journal(initial post) tomorrow when I have spare time at work

Bridge after Screaming Statue seems to create unlimited Greater Ghouls which drop lvl 6 & 5 wizard spells and gems. Tested about 20 times to answer wrong answer.
bulian
Hey Bulian, i always wonder how people do this ctrl+q thing and can see enemys stats
How does that work ??

i point on the enemy and press these 2 buttons ?

you have to enable the console - there are many guides online how to do it if you search for "enable console bg2ee." Once you've done that, then yes cursor over the enemy and press those two buttons.
Dequ
DAY #11 added in journal

Also found something really interesting:
Everald morningstar seems to ignore mirror images. It always hit main target.
Dequ
Finally managed to beat Steam Elemental Prince:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQgqTeMWDE...eature=youtu.be

The orginal strategy works: sequensers and cone of colds.
Used resist ice potions and green scroll of ice protection on thief, because those are undisable by enemy.
HTRT
haha good job seems like you put a lot of work on the tactic smile.gif
Dequ
Found another unlimited money abuse: Government district there is beggar, when you give him 1 gold, guard will spawn. You can pickpocket 1 identify scroll, sword and bow from this guard. Trick is that this is repeatable. Work at night time, didnt test it in day time.

Actually these guards also can be killed for 320xp = unlimited xp.
critto
I've never really understood the point of fighting these silly hacks. Why would one waste time for something that's achievable with a single console command? Therefore, I'm not actively pursuing them anymore.
Dequ
QUOTE(critto @ Apr 8 2019, 09:54 AM) *
I've never really understood the point of fighting these silly hacks. Why would one waste time for something that's achievable with a single console command? Therefore, I'm not actively pursuing them anymore.

Okey, understand your point, but anyway I still feel like reporting these if I find any. Fight vs cheaters is basically endless pursuit which cheaters always win no matter how many fixes are added. Time wasted to fight vs cheaters is usually time away from developing, so it affect everyone.
Dequ
My next bigger challenge is Wind Master. Bad thing about it that it uses it ability once per round (was it always this often?) and I have to time my casting between that. Found out he is vunerable to acid and fire. If I remember corretly in previous version I fought vs it I just used melee to beat it, but now it is not working too good. Well anyway I have managed to get his hp into 1/3 so if perfect my strategy I might be able to beat him at this stage. My party is level 14 right now, so I know this is under leveled for this fight. Going to try this fight for 1 week, only then I admit my loss and postpone it for later. In tough situations I always tend to do find new interesting tactics.
Dequ
Decide to give small break for mister Wind Master. Planar Sphere Golem spawn suprised me (14golems), Maybe it is because I just hit lvl 15: https://imgur.com/puBI3MV

Edit: Managed to beat WindMaster finally. It took 8 preemptive death fog + 4 Lower Resistance + 6 minor sequensers + 2 Sequencer (18 Melf Acid Arrows) and little bit preparation and way to dodge those nasty 1/round windblast thing abilities. Got it on video, but got some computer problems (CPU overheating if rendering, need to change new termalpaste).
bulian
Nice and very creative victory over the windmaster! I tend to save him for Ch 6. I wonder whether fireshield red with SI:Abjuration would be a good approach against him? I read in one of these journals that the druid spell acid shield is quite against him. Not sure how his dispel magic on hit works - maybe you need PFMW too for it to be a viable strategy?
Dequ
QUOTE(bulian @ Apr 12 2019, 05:02 AM) *
Nice and very creative victory over the windmaster! I tend to save him for Ch 6. I wonder whether fireshield red with SI:Abjuration would be a good approach against him? I read in one of these journals that the druid spell acid shield is quite against him. Not sure how his dispel magic on hit works - maybe you need PFMW too for it to be a viable strategy?

Quickly tested those. Not working. We get dispelled by his ability which suck you in, not per hit. Not everything getting dispelled by this ability, like haste and SI: immunity wont. PFMW get dispelled.
david77
Nice journal, I will keep up with it.. :s smile.gif

Thank u
Dequ
Finally added more on the journal (First Post). Too bad I focused on playing and not so much about writing, so "detailed" is not so detailed after all. Anyway next I have some really interesting fights ahead Chapter3, which I will try to record:
Firkraag + After Firkraag Encounters
Teshal
Troll Mound
Illithid Hideout
Demon Wrait
Kangaxx
Twisted Rune
Guarded Combound
Umar (havent tried yet)
Dequ
List getting smaller.

Managed to beat
Demon Wrait
Zallanora
Kangaxx
Teshal
Umar

Recorded all fights and adding videos on journal next week when I get new cpu cooler&heat sink.

Demon Wrait caused me most pain, I tried to beat it several hours until win it with perfect win. It should not have been this hard, but poor micromanagement and walking on traps caused me problems.
Zallanora I beat prettty straight forward with few tries. I had to use tactic "run away" for few round to make absolute immunity to expire and then attack to kill her.
Kangaxx both forms were quite easy. Berserker engrace helped so much. Won this fight on second try, I was in total control.
Also Foughtt umar and it was too easy. Teshal killed on first serious try, had few mistakes but did not change outcome., there is few grand skeletons, but I have new +4 weapon "Rimed Club" that will be useful + (FOA +4) and (Phosphorus +4).

Then Troll Mound, Firkraag and Guarded Compound next ahead.
Dequ
Troll Mound beaten too easily. My initial plan to make both queen and almost dead before killing other. But then I just end up rushing to kill minor trolls, then queen then killed all vengeance troll spawns and then the king when no more spawn came. Ofc I did had ST drains and forced to drop some items to be able to move, but it worked on first try. I even had Spell Trigger 12xsunfire to kill all the Vengeance troll all together as a backup, but I managed to kill them right away more faster than they were spawning.

Firkraag caused me about 1 day to beat it. It was challencing and I was trying to be gentle and be total control on all the time, but those silences were causing me lot of problems. After long day of trying I was furstrated and tried just straight forward full attack without thinking too much or luring skeletons for suitable place to kill. Basically my attack power were high enought to beat all just right away, ofc got silenced and some things dispelled but it was still enought. Videos will come later.

Any tips beating Guarded Compound in pre Spellhold party? My managed to beat almost everything what I can in chapter3, most recent firkraag. I just hit lvl 18 and my spellcasters got improved alacrity, so I think that + Contigences and spell trigggers might be the way. I have planned and tested this encounter for 2 whole days, finding weaknesess. Right now I was planning to do 1 remove magic + Creater Malison, 12 sunfires, 16 Chain lighting to beat most of enemies in 2rounds. Then there is left only the mage, golems and skeletons and If I can get protections on it should not be problem to beat. My other plan to beat mage in first round, but then It will take basically 2-3 chars attention for few rounds and then cannot mass murder most of enemies. Another strategy is to use haste+stonekins on first round, interrupt cleric storm casting and rush into the room and have 1 char blocking it while others buffing. Havent tried that one yet.

After this there is only:
Illithid Hideout
After Firkraag Encounters (Some rune assassins cannot, remember clearly what kind of encounter this was).
Twisted Rune
bulian
Impressive! I would think you would have a good shot at beating the Illithid Hideout and Guarded Compound given how far you made it.

Twisted Rune though... sounds tough!
Dequ
Progress hold for while. Almost managed to beat Guarded Compound. Did not enjoy enought for endless trying so keeping break now. Maybe some day will continue...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.