Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Archer protagonist + npcs 6.4 journal
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
HTRT
Hi everyone !

I decided to try 6.4 on EE. I wanted to make a party with as many new npcs and classes possible, so here goes :

Installation : as recommended except the ease of use components came from tweaks anthology because I'm not sure about ease of use whereabout.

Archer (elven) protagonist ****short bow *club *two weapon style

Started with a custom half orc swashbuckler for early convenience. Planning on recruiting Jaheira, Neeira, Rasaad, Dorn and Mazzy.

Grabbed Imoen Minsc Jaheira and later on Yoshimo. Not much to say here, mephits mephits mephits. Protagonist is capable of hitting lesser spirit spider with decent chance and minsc/jaheira seem much more powerful.

Clan hunter seems too powerful for the dungeon, but what isn't ?

Found 2x varscona (extra item from EE, but I doubt it's supposed to spawn twice).

Hexatt will replace swashbuckler but only for her quest and before Mazzy I guess.

It seems I can go slums-temple-bridge-government-gate-wild forest-trademeet without triggering suna seni. It's good because I like to have my party assembled as early as possible. Will post more as it goes.

Edit February 3rd

Collected all npcs and went back to athkatla. Did some crypts in graveyard and hexatt's small dungeon. Met Suna Seni. Archer hit priest with a +1 arrow and disrupted the casting, Dorn took the chaos. Forgot to summon clan spirit, fight was a mess. Jaheira tried insect plague but it failed to affect the mage. Neera managed to detect invis/emotion and eventually they all fell down (hexxat tried to dominate somoene but failed). Shooting is nice.

Went to slums and did beast master. Was very hard and messy, difficult to finish tabitha. Used charm person or mammal on grizzly and domination on the other bear. Beastmaster fell to emotion and Rasaad used his fire missile to disrupt spellcasting. Should have prebuffed another iron skin slot with the clan spirit. I don't know if finishing tabitha was due to critical strikes luck or if it was meant to be killed by this party's damage. Archer opened the fight with stealth called shot and shooting beast master using 5 arrows of biting (which didn't trigger poison obivously but were magical). I guess it helped with a doom and malison to emotion him. The 2 charmed bears helped a lot taking him down with his acid shield (was greedy and didn't want to use a breach scroll).
Archer had significant trouble hitting tabitha, but at the same time was able to hit her sometimes. Seemed fair enough. An early +2 short bow will probably be a good investment.

Paid Gaelan, went to docks for items, Mook and began Maevar's quest. Brought poisoned man to his friends too.

I noticed Dorn's once per day ability is blocked by a successful save and/or by magic resistance. Magic resistance seems a little overkill as it strikes me as some kind of innate supernatural ability. His hit points are really low, but he's decent for now I guess.

Hexxat is bad obviously. It's cool to try her though but I will be happy when I meet Mazzy and swap her. I wonder if it would be excessive to make Hexxat a single class swashbuckler. After all one can make a custom half orc swash with 19 str and much better hit points.

Edit February 5th

Finished Maevar. Pre-buffed and threw spells at them, used some detect invis. Hexxat claims the shadow armor. Refused the stronghold.

Did Xvar's quest, wellyn's bear, kidnappers in bridge district.

The tanner : dorn tackled the rune assassin, jaheira summoned clan warrior, archer used called shot and helped with assassin/ghast. Neira summoned skeletons. Rasaad's tach0 is not impressive early on, but with all the monk improvements and his items I think he will eventually be great. The bone golem appeared and caused havoc. Buffed for fighting Jaheira with her +2 staff was enough for it. Not many party members got stunned, guess it could have been much worse. The skinner creature was reliably hit by archer's called shot which helped with malison land dorn's aura and powerful flame arrows by neira.

Can't do fallen paladins for now (or forever I don't know).

Party right now looks like this :

Archer level 9 *****short bow *club ***2ws normal short bow/club+3 and varsona+2, cloak of unerring strikes, studded leather +1, helm of balduran, ring of prot +1

Dorn level 9 **two handed sword ** two handed weapon style **crossbow *quarterstaff sword of chaos +2, fallorain's plate +1, the eyes of truth helm, destroyer of hills girdle, cloak of protection + 1, ring +1, ring +2

Jaheira level 11 **spear **quarterstaff *two handed weapon style staff +2, staff of curing, amulet of power, normal helmet, ring +1, ring +1

Rasaad level 9 *katana *scimitar *dart *sling glimmering bands gauntlets and moonlight walker boots

Hexxat level 11 *short sword *dagger *club *single weapon style the shadow blade +3, arbane's sword +2, shadow armor +3, gloves of pickpocketing, hexxat's amulet, cloak of dragomir, boots of furtivity

Neera level 11 *quarterstaff *sling neera's staff +1, sling +1, bracers of ac6, amulet of metaspell influence, adoy's belt

Spells known :

1:nahal's reckless dweomer, identify, magic missile, larloch's minor drain, chromatic orb
2:knock, detect invisibility, glitterdust, melf's acid arrow, resist fear
3:flame arrow, haste, protection from fire, vampiric touch
4:emotion, greater malison, stoneskin
5:animate dead, hold monster

Now travelling to trademeet to get some stuff done.

Edit February 5th(2nd)

Actually went to Umar hills and Windspear hills to do the easy stuff. Went to trademeet and druid grove but realized I couldn't really duel faldorn. There is a way to duel her with your items and summons using polymorph spell (or there used to be a way I haven't tested in this version) but will leave her for now.

Did the wild forest and went to the red wizard enclave. Got approached for shu long tomb.

Edit February 7th

Finished the red wizard enclave.

Did the circus, started illithium quest (I want to see improved mace of disruption). Did Hexxat's second tomb. I got worried for an instant that all these greater mummies were actual greater mummies, but they were toned down versions.

Did some of Jaheira's hostile harper parties and then went for Rasaad's quest. Am currently at the temple's trials.

The low tach0 of an archer is appreciated, even against these spellcasters that have high resistance to missile and bonus to ac (like some harper mage apparently influenced by IA in Jaheira's quest lines). Rasaad is still a little meh for now but he will improve.

Dorn's absorb health ability is blocked by minor globe of invulnerability. It seems as though this ability should be improved in that regard. The more I progress the more I feel like his aura of despair (only one time per day) shouldn't allow magic resistance or saving throw to block it. Golems and other creatures that do not care about something like that could be made immune. It doesn't seem to be overpowered and it's kind of a blackguard's only trick anyway.

I am new to these EE npc quests, so I don't know if the problem is with EE or IA, most likely EE though : I encountered twice a very nasty bug where Hexxat dies and her mist goes to the top left corner of the screen and stays there with a green circle instead of purple, so she can be selected and can even use abilities. She cannot be moved from there even with ctrl-J. She cannot be killed even with ctrl-y. She doesn't respawn at all and she prevents the party from resting or leaving the zone because she is at the edge of the map corner. The solution was to remove her from party, then clua console the level 8 hexxat and give her back her xp. The dialogues/quests are unaltered, but it means some npc is trying to talk to me (party removal forced talk) in these maps where I had to do it, which prevents saving the game there.

Edit February 8th

Finished Rasaad's quest, was a nice little battle at the end. Did Baron Ployer's curse for Jaheira and her summoning to the harper stronghold, almost done with her quests. Did the end of Hexxat for SOA and went to the shadow temple.

Jailor : Dorn used staff +2 (he has * in quarterstaff for now), archer used club +3 and varscona +2. Jaheira used her many buffs and is a satisfying character now. 4 mountain bears, one prepared clan hunter and the berseker from horn of valhalla with the buffs were more than enough for this fight. I guess I could have used some +2 arrows with my protagonist, but didn't feel like it. Rasaad's ac tach0 and stuff is scaling up well. He is no death machine for now, but he hasn't been a hassle like hexxat. I am well aware a giant strength spell from jaheira for instance would dramatically increase his power.

Speaking of her, I dropped her for Mazzy. I like the new Mazzy a lot. I am not totally sure I would have gone for ** two weapon styles, but it's a nice and satisfying distribution of proficiency points overall.

Not really satisfied with my spell pick for Neera, dunno why I didn't go for mirror image and I guess I can use glasses of identification for identify. It's not really crucial though.

Since I'm here I decided to complete the shadow dungeon. No problem here; the undead parties were quite adapted to our levels. With resist fear and a bunch of summons its ok to deal with bone golems and their stuns.

Did Mencar and co with the whole family. It went well, Sorcerous amon fell down. I am ambivalent right now as to wether the double +4 to saves is still in effect or not. Some Jaheira harper mages seemed impossible to emotion, yet amon fell to it despite his improved invisibility spell.

I'm still very early in the game but I'd say it wouldn't hurt if Dorn had either 16 constitution or better rolls on his previous levels.

Edit February 11th

Did the guild contact smoothly. Jaheira with amulet of power occupied the door with summons. He is kind of a trivial buisness anyway.

Traveled to the sewers, did Roger's task. Carefully avoided middle although I think we could kill what lies there. I'm too lazy to buy these +3 staffs without max reputation for some reason.

Did the entirety of the unseeing eye quest line. Gauths were crowd controlled and charged at. Yuanti mage is a strong foe but weak to my archer. Unseeing eye himself I tried to kill him without the wand but it seemed my party wasn't strong enough and I didn't want to make optimal preparations. Archer in particular was completely unable to hit him even on a 19. I didn't want to use a breach scroll so I backed away the bear he was targeting with abi dalzim while pounding at him with everything.

Claimed rewards and cleared the graveyard spiders before bodhi. Archer can target spirit spiders or vortex spiders and do quite well against them. His call shot can at least help emotion the spirit and killer spiders while taking care of mutated spiders. Cleared the tomb with the undead ambush. I gladly realized archer can hit vampire bride with regular arrows. Left the tomb to return later for a very serious battle.

Did bodhi. Dorn and jaheira went alone to kill lonely vampires. Tanova's brides were killed by dorn and jaheira and the party rushed tanova with their improved hastes. Archer could hit her as well with regular arrows, which helped a lot. Clan hunter doesn't like vampires. Eventually made bodhi flee and claimed xp reward from aran linvail, just enough to make archer and dorn level up.

James Bond Archer level 11 *****short bow *club ***two weapon style short bow +1/club +3/ilbratha +1 /arscona +2/studded leather +1/helm of balduran/brooch of the vagrant blades/2x ring of prot+1/worn whispers/cloak of prot+1

Mazzy level 11 champion of avoreen **short sword **flail **two weapon style *sword and shield style sword of avoreen+2/ssofbackstabbing+3/arbane's sword +2/morningstar +2/plate of the dark+1/eyes of the beholder/wooden horse necklace/shield of avoreen+2/ring+1/ring+2/cloak+1/destroyer of the hills

Dorn level 11 blackguard **two handed sword **crossbow *quarterstaff **two handed weapon style sword of chaos +2/quarterstaff +2/heavy crossbow/full plate mail/eyes of truth/amulet+1/2xring+1/belt of minor invul/cloak+1

Jaheira level 12 avenger ***quarterstaff **spear **two handed weapon style quarterstaff+2/staff of curing+1/leather armor+3/regular helmet/amulet of power/ox-tail belt/2x ring+1

Rasaad level 11 monk *katana *scimitar *dart *sling fists/regular darts/katana +3/glimmering bands/pearly white ioun stone/ring+1/ring of duplication/amulet of 5% magic res/moonlight walkers/adoy's belt/cloak+1

Neera level 12 sorcerer Neera's staff+1/lupine sling+2/robe of invocation/bracers of ac5/amulet of metaspell influence/sandthief's ring/elve's bane/cloak+1

spells known :

1:Nahals'reckless dweomer/Magic missile/chromatic orb/larloch's minor drain/identify
2:glitterdust/knock/resist fear/melf's acid arrow/detect invisibility
3:flame arrow/haste/protection from fire/vampiric touch
4:stoneskin/emotion/greater malison
5:animate dead/hold monster
6:Improved haste

Had not played sorcerer for a long time I'm definitely not satisfied with my picks, I miss melf's minute meteors so bad.

Archer got his 2nd 2nd level spell slot, so seems like a right time to go duel faldorn and hope for the best.

Edit February 15th

Did the duel with faldorn. Memorized 1x doom 1x armor of faith 2x flame blade. She casts iron skin, I cast flame blade. After that it was a matter of disrupting her spells and managing to cast a few myself such as DUHM and doom.

It was a matter of timing, not luck (although excessive bad luck with hit rolls could make a mess).

Kill ithafeer and her(his? its??) minions, no trouble with equipment levels and buffs. Did the first druid stronghold quest and claimed the club. Collected rewards at trademeet and did Raissa's quest.

Travelled to the slums and started Lilarcor's quest but didn't finish it. Jaheira Dorn and skeletons took care of the mists. It seems archer can hit vampiric mists with +1 arrows which is good to know. I bought at some point piercing arrows, I think from the merchant that disappears at the gate district. I bought +2 arrows from maevar's vendor Gorch too if I recall. Party took care of the first rats, but I will wait for the carrion crawler and shadow lover.

I decided at this point to change Neera's spells because I think I will be throughout with this run and would rather be satisfied with my only arcane spellcaster :

1:nahal's reckless dweomer magic missile chromatic orb larloch's drain identify
2:melf's acid arrow knock mirror image luck resist fear
3:haste flame arrow remove magic vampiric touch
4:emotion malison stoneskin spirit armor
5:animate dead breach
6:improved haste

Did the slaver outpost battle. It wasn't easy. Prepared with all spells and abilities possible, then went in.

Protagonist opened with called shot and shot at Haegan. Mazzy summoned berseker warrior next to cleric and charged on haegan. Dorn used doom on haegan and charged him. Rasaad attacked Heagan and used his flame projectile on cleric. Jaheira cast conjure animals next to cleric and attacked Heagan. Neera breach on cleric and move next to Haegan as well as archer. Ennemies gathered close to us and neera used malison + emotion on them. When Haegan fell party members attacked the cleric. When mage showed up, protagonist shot arrows at him with his second called shot. Neera used malison and 3 emotions on him but somehow he made all his saves (despite several hits from called shot as well). Rasaad did good against the mage with his own fire shield and flurry of blows. Archer did very good too shooting him from afar and hitting often. It seems assassins really prefered to attack my bow wielding archer instead of near death out of stoneskin neera (that had no more level 4 slots). Good for me.

At some point enemy mage managed to emotion most of the party, but thanks to the bell from Neera's quest it was possible to turn this into victory.

When things settled down I used some more buffs and did the golem + mage so that the assassins would stop, then looted all thx to dragomir's respite. Cleared all in one go but the party was very exhausted after all that.

Claimed rewards and reputation is (finally) 20. Had to buy 2 early on. Will be buying some items now !

Edit February 15th

Bought staff of arundel +3 , martial staff +3, forged paws of the furious cat.

Travelled to De'Arnise keep. Killed wandering trolls and went inside. Nothing special there.

Greater Yuanti : I think clan hunter was enough to trigger vexing whisper from whisper spider (Mazzy was nearby too with watchfulness). Neera breached greater yuanti, everything was hacked away. Rasaad has been showing more results and on top of that, I started using a giant strength on him for serious fights.

Other floor : In library I messed around with stealth for fun, blocking the doorway with protagonist. Clan hunter with improved haste and giant strength was able to take down vengeance trolls with 2 handed weapon range. Mage was finished with summons spells etc. Glaicas was no match and neither was the golem room. Keep viper was overrun by party and summons. At this stage of the game mountain bears and berseker warrior are very good.

Torgal : Neera breached him, Mazzy Jaheira and Rasaad charged him with summons. I think gem golem attacked berseker warrior. Trolls were attacked by protagonist's bow and dorn's crossbow (poison attack). After all was dead gem golem was overrun and hit by multiple +3 crushing weapons (archer has club +1 +3 vs unnatural and club +3, mazzy has foa +3, dorn martial staff +3, rasaad fists +3, Jaheira staff of arundel +3).

Claimed stronghold, then travelled to graveyard. Killed crypt king which was easier to hit thanks to a lucky alicorn's lance. Cleared the estate in bridge district part of anomen's quest...wanted some items to sell and some xp.

Visited the temple district and sewers for Mekrath's laboratory.

Mekrath's imp : tested ctrl q before the fight. He has -9 bonus to saves (-1 from blur and presumably -8 from improved invisibility).

Opened with protagonist that came with stealth. Imp casts true sight. Party kill the elementals with their buffs and 4 bears 1 berseker warrior 1 clan spirit. Mazzy and Jaheira retreat. Archer called shot but doesn't hit much. Summons and clan hunter rush the imp. Dorn attacked with his crossbow and poisonned attack. He scored a critical hit but imp wasn't affected, too bad. Rasaad did a good job with his flaming fists hitting the imp and disrupting spells. Imp managed to cast greater malison on neera who retreated a little. Neera tried to malison + emotion the imp but nearly impossible. Jaheira took an abi dalzim and her mazzy dorn and archer came in with their melee weapons to finish him off.

Mekrath got his mirror and we killed him as he looked at his reflection.

3 minotaurs 1 yuanti mage 1 greater yuanti 1 umber hulk had to be taken seriously but fail to the buffs and summons my party has.

Edit February 26th

forged ring +2 cloak +2 bought firetooth +4 and some stuff

killed chaos : Jaheira had enough spell power but Neera had to take 2 insect plagues (needed some timing there)

dorn's last segment of soa quest

give haer dalis gem

sewer rakshasa with recently aquired protection from magical energy !

trademeet guardian : reput back to 20 and staff of rynn ! Rasaad did a great job here and so did Jaheira.

Not sure I did the right thing not going crossbow for acher...

pirates buffed party a lot, protections from cold some protections from fire, neera si abjuration

upon arrival : protagonist summon lion, jaheira summon clan hunter, mazzy summon berseker warrior, dorn casts aid on archer, rasaad prepares for battle, neera her last improved haste on dorn
party melees pirates and pirate captain, neera breaches, pirate coordonator uses true sight then ruby ray on neera. As he uses a breach scroll neera refreshes si:abj. Archer uses +2 arrows with his buffs and called shot and hits coordonator pretty well.
When coordonator starts casting a spell party members go melee him except archer, otherwise archer shoots with short bow +1 and dorn uses firetooth +4 (neera sling +2 and rasaad normal darts).
Had forgotten some protection from electricty...coordonator used his spell trigger on meleeers instead of absolute immunity, which means he died.

Found tansheron's bow +3 (lucky wow!), sleeper +2, book of infinite spells true seing, belt of inertial barrier, gnasher +2.

forged jaheira's pin woah and treefolk's arm +3

tarnor and co : jaheira dispel magic closely followed by neera malison, then archer dorn use doom on tarnor and draug fey. Mazzy uses eyes of the beholder's paralytic power on draug fey and holds him. Summons charged and meleed them but stayed a little far away from gaius. Party hacked the clerics, neera used emotion, clan hunter was tanking tarnor, neera breached tarnor. Archer kept firing at Gaius with normal arrows to soften his protections. Gallochair is vulnerable to poison and Dorn makes good use of his poison attack.
Eventually when ennemies were down gaius casts breach on jaheira and party rushed him to death.

found fortress shield +3

heading to firkraag's dungeon now

rukh conjurer can be poisoned by dorn and hit by archer (+2 weapon) Neera went to him alone with resist fire/cold and got explosion + flame arrow, then everyone rushed him and thanks to multiple attack and poison he failed his absolute immunity casting next round and just died. Was a nice different ending for this fight.

golem ambush 2 gems 1 coin 1 bone : archer could fire at coin golem with his bow. Buffs and summons won it with neera being on front too. Mazzy took the first hideous laugh to lure golems to us.

Jaheira, dorn and clan hunter with shield of the archons are too much for the undeads (with archer firing from afar too with good results)

belm fight : chaotic commands and free actions for everyone and buffs

did Ashedeena too

forge cloak +2

standing next to the air elemental plane to rescue haer dalis

James Bond level 12 Archer *****short bow *club *two weapon style *crossbow (favored enemy golems) wielding notably Tansheron's bow +3, treefolk's arm+3, ilbratha +1, gnasher +2, club +3

Mazzy level 13 Champion of Avoreen **short sword **flail *sword and shield style **two weapon style *scimitar wielding notably foa +3, short sword of backstabbing +3, defender of avoreen +2, belm +2

Dorn level 12 Blackguard **two handed sword **two handed weapon style **crossbow **two handed weapon style wielding notably lilarcor +3, staff of rynn + 4, firetooth + 4

Jaheira level 13 Avenger ***quarterstaff **spear **two handed weapon style wielding notably staff of arundel +3, staff of thunder and lightning +2 (soon +3 spear that I will forge)

Rasaad level 13 Sun Soul Monk *katana *scimitar *dagger *dart *sling wielding notably katana +3, normal darts and his fists

Neera level 13 Sorcerer *Quarterstaff *Dart *Sling wielding notably martial staff +3, arla's dragonbane +3

Spells known :

1:magic missile chromatic orb nahal's reckless dweomer larloch's minor drain identify
2:melf's acid arrow mirror image knock luck resist fear
4:emotion greater malison stoneskin spirit armor
5:animate dead breach spell immunity
6:improved haste protection from magical energy

Some miscenallous stuff to perhaps consider perhaps not :

Ring of earth control is worth 90 gold.

There exists 2 different types of potions of freedom, yet I have 3 different stacks of them (one of 4, one of one and one of one) all of which cannot be stacked together.

Kondar the bastard sword is called Kondar +2 yet is +1.

invoke courage is dispellable, so is strength and blessed watchfulness from champion of avoreen

soul sunray works on rakshasas (can disrupt spells) from Rasaad

polymorph rat from cloak of sewers grants 18/100 str (?)

acid arrows +1 don't have the +1 to tach0 and damage found on other regular +1 arrows

scroll of memory boosting can't fit inside scroll cases, same with permanency scrolls and perhaps manuals of elaboration

contagion has an enchantment casting animation instead of necromantic

dorn's absorb health on a gem golem does no damage yet heals

Edit Mars 3rd

Decided to go visit Conster instead. He definitely didn't like being shot by archer and Dorn's firetooth and it was key to solving the fight easily including spellcasting disruption. Neera used malison and Mazzy tried eyes of the beholder's paralysis power, but (fortunately for Conster) his spell turning blocked it, which is good. Summons and buffs did the rest of course for the skeleton lords. I will be making good use of the cowl of the stars to get a few melf's minute meteors with archer, but forgot for this fight.

Shadow dragon : 3 fire elementals, berseker warrior, Joloon the lion, clan hunter, best pre-buffing. Everyone is ready to switch to normal weapons. Archer opens with called shot and +2 arrows. Dragon manages to cast 2 heals. He silences Neera, uses death spell on berseker warrior (he retreats to take it alone). Dragon uses breath on Mazzy who retreats and takes it alone before coming back to fight. Dragon uses wing buffet and silences Jaheira at some point. He ruby rays Neera and breaches her (no more death ward). Neera retreats. The buffing and efforts of the party were able to slay him before any serious damage was done by him. Rasaad with a normal katana wasn't doing miracles obviously, but archer was able to hit him even with regular arrows which helped a lot.

No special loot from dragon.

By the way I forgot to mention the collar bell item that awakens asleep people. It helped a lot during small encounters earlier on and was decisive in the first victory against the slaver enclave. It is basically priceless to be able to wake up party members like that.

Dorn's absorb health can be bounced back by spell turning

Shade Lord : moderate buffing, only IH was on archer. Archer shoots Shade Lord right away with +2 arrows : he doesn't like missile weapons either. Party dispatches shadow Patrick, skeleton lords shades and shadow altar. Shade Lord is occupied with many bears and summons. The strategy went well with missile weapons just that shade lord can fire his chain contingency from really far and he sniped Neera with no range limit (aside from being sighted). Neera died and Shade Lord died. I probably could have fooled around more during his PFMW and not get so many remove magics in the face. This fight was designed to allow missile weapons to actually shine (or so I think) and they do.

Baron mekrath's mage : rush attack with protection from magical energy 4x, protection from fire, Neera si:necromancy and archer from afar.

Mazzy's quest, some cleric/fighter stronholds, buy girdle of bluntness from mistress Ada. Order of the Radiant Hall is back to order apparently, so Fallen paladins and some paladin stronghold. I would like Neera to reach level 14 and have ruby ray of reversal before undertaking some fights without wasting scrolls. Some ranger stronghold. Picked batch of wizard scrolls with messenger of light.

Bought Vailhor's helm

Paina : buffs and free action on everyone were more than enough at those levels, breach on paina death spell on the sword spiders.

Neera levels to 14 and picks ruby ray of reversal.

Forged +3 spear with a (lucky I think) +2 spear drop at some point, +2 cloak, +2 ring, shadow dragon armor.

Elite bounty hunter : With ruby ray and breach, no problem. Rogue managed to backstab through skin and sleep Neera for like 2 rounds. Waited for her to awake naturally before concluding the fight with debuffs.

Did the yuanti ambush as well in one go. Rasaad is a good scout for this fight, because mages unleash their sequencers on him and he has great saves and magic resistance. Apparently minotaurs can be blinded because his sunbeam blinded the minotaur and he doesn't seem to follow party for battle. It seems good because they have so very few weaknesses. Archer is now a good yuanti mage hunter.

Cleared the master of thralls and other yuanti party. It makes more sense difficulty-wise to have them spawn there. I remember fighting warden with them long ago and thinking it was mandatory to be that way.

Warden : 3 fire elementals clan hunter berseker warrior joloon the lion. Full buffs death ward and si:abj on Neera. Quickly dispatched the 2 dogs and charged the warden. He can be hit by +1 arrows when not under PFMW, but he's very likely to use that scroll. Did a mistake as I tried to breach him and he refreshed SI:abjuration. Truly alone, the warden is not spectacular opponent at this point.

Ring of air control found.

Raelis shad didn't spawn somehow. Decided to clua her in instead of reloading.

Carefully received the umar witch quest (this delon is sometimes easy to lose) and opened the sphere with valygar.

Maybe prespellhold should be 2 350 000 for everyone, not level <15.

Started planar sphere, killed the halflings bunch spiders and necre in one go. I have been enjoying the role archer plays in many fights for now.

Lavok : Despite doing 0 damage, archer's rain of arrows interfered with Lavok's priority to refresh globe of invulnerability, which was key in debuffing and killing him. His 2 gems and 3 skeleton lords were dispatched right before.

Tolgerias : some winter wolves lol, dorn firetooth and normal bolts, archer normal arrows, true sight. Rest of party killed planetar and mage.

Tanari : Rasaad soul beam was a good opener for the fight. Archer cancelled animate dead spells from Mauzheris. Party focused skeletons then demon then mauzheris. Archer is still very strong with his club wielding when the time comes.

I still think I was pretty lucky to get tansheron's bow just like that in pirates fight.

Only left to carefully dispatch golems. Party has enough weapons to do so. Golems have been understimated by me for now. When they decide to attack somoene like Mazzy Dorn or Rasaad, they quickly put them out of combat. Coin golems hate being targetted by archer and called shot. I would have to be using +4 piercing arrows had I not found tansheron.

Claimed rewards...archer levels to 14, dorn to 14, mazzy and rasaad to 15 !

Edit Mars 7th

Did lots of stronghold stuff.

The guards that come with the guy you must imprison in mage stronghold have a stack of regular arrows that do not stack with other regular arrows.

Forge 3x ring +2.

Turmish fanatics : the battle sorcerer falls target to archer. Turmish leader was poisoned by Dorn. Other than that mostly hack and slash with buffs and summons. Was careful for her 3x abi dalzims.

Squirrel assassins : with prebuff in a house they can be killed swiftly and without alerting cowled wizards. Maybe it could be one of these fights where party is debuffed at start ? Would make it interesting but wouldn't make much sense as you actually surprise them.

Killed kangaxx liches. Collar bell doesn't remove emotion portrait icon when it awakens somoene. Liches are very hard to hit with missile weapons and are immune to their damage type.

Screaming statue : Dorn Jaheira and skeleton warriors (Neera is level 15), then everyone for the final fun. Pretty coward and standard way to do it I guess. Rasaad got hit pretty bad by master vampire but now Mazzy can lay on hands for level restoration. That's great !

I like how Rasaad's abilities have some effect in IA for now. For instance I opened the last wave with sun soulbeam and a few creatures got blinded (vampire brides). Master vampire got the string blinded but I highly doubt he was actually blinded.

Forge 2 more ring +2.

Headed to firkraag's dungeon to kill fire guardians to the dragon treasure. Good news it seems chat abuse is now no longer effective against npcs like these. Another good news is that Dorn can poison them.

After saving vs confusion from a mist horror, Neera is unselectable and in some kind of artificial confused effect despite having no portrait icon displaying confusion.

The visage's acid breath power is blocked by minor globe of invulnerability in its targettable version, but once it is out it seems to hit everyone. Peridan seems to be a +3 long sword, but its description states 1d8 +2 damage, double vs dragon (most likely instead of 1d8 + 3).

According to the readme, improvised blend +5 has +6 tacho +6 damage. Is it because its a +6 weapon but with a +5 enchantment level to not mess with absolute immunity ?

Samia's party : tried some stuff involving timed insect plague, sun soulbeam, malison, acid breath from visage and it can do great, but I wasn't satisfied. A more elegant solution was to quickly kill everyone with summons and party, then the warlords that joined the room, then archer with called shots shot Kael and Neera emotioned him (80% magic resistance is ouch but she has many tries and his saves vs spells were reduced so much by rain of arrows that it was actually very viable strategy).

By the way Kaol's prebuffing really is problematic. He is not under improved invisibility although he should be (he only has one version of the +4 to saves and he is targettable by spells and not invisible concretely). He spends a round casting a spell turning that probably should have been in his prebuffing sequence. It feels clunky to have him not invisible yet invincible to pierce shield/ruby ray etc because in IA monsters use a version of improved invisibility that make them immune to these spells to prevent some cheese.

Realized I forgot mr Borinall so paid him a visit with mordenkainen swords lol. Mazzy grabbed the +3 scimitar from borinal's corpse to help against amber golem.

Forged water's edge +4 which mazzy claims. Sold a lot of stuff then forged circlet of golden flowers, nature's gift, ring of djini summoning, one pair of boots of speed and one last +2 ring.

Will kill kangaxx for a last little treat before spellhold.

Kangaxx : Cornered Kangaxx with summons won the fight. Sun soulray is good against Kangaxx's lich form. First I tried to use archer because he can hit kangaxx well and even though he is immune to missile damage it can disrupt like all of his spells, but it wasn't a good strategy because he didn't use his protection from magic weapons and he needed to be killed in melee anyway.

Mazzy Dorn Jaheira and archer pounded at him trying to make the most out of the demilich's artificial intelligence. It wasn't an easy fight because Mazzy is no spectacular fighter. Neera almost got imprisoned because I thought kangaxx demilich form had great bonus to spell casting speed but apprently not.

Interestingly enough, sun soulray works on demilich (but does no damage as it is immune to fire and doesn't seem to disrupt spellcasting as demiliches are immune to spell disruption I think in IA).

Water's edge and a lucky staff of rynn drop allowed this fight to be won.

Archer surreptitiously slips the ring to his finger with a grim look on his face.

Time for a little picture before spellhold :

James Bond level 14 Archer *****short bow *club *two weapon style *crossbow (favored enemy golems) wielding notably Tansheron's bow +3, treefolk's arm+3, ilbratha +1, gnasher +2, club +3
MPV : Thax'llsillyia %kills 31%

Mazzy level 15 Champion of Avoreen **short sword **flail *sword and shield style **two weapon style **scimitar wielding notably foa +3, short sword of backstabbing +3, defender of avoreen +2, belm +2, water's edge +4
MPV : Prime Assassinator %kills 8%

Dorn level 14 Blackguard **two handed sword **two handed weapon style **crossbow **two handed weapon style wielding notably lilarcor +3, staff of rynn + 4, firetooth + 4
MPV : Coin golem %kills 21%

Jaheira level 13 Avenger ***quarterstaff **spear **two handed weapon style wielding notably staff of arundel +3, spear +3
MPV : Chaos %kills 17%

Rasaad level 15 Sun Soul Monk *katana *scimitar *dagger *dart *sling *dagger wielding notably solemn duty +3, normal darts and his fists
MPV : Prime assassinator %kills 19%

Neera level 15 Sorcerer *Quarterstaff *Dart *Sling wielding notably martial staff +3, arla's dragonbane +3
MPV : Conster %kills 1% (not totally accurate because I clua consoled her at some point to change her spells sad.gif )

Spells known :

1:magic missile chromatic orb nahal's reckless dweomer larloch's minor drain identify
5:animate dead breach spell immunity cone of cold
6:improved haste protection from magical energy pierce shield
7:ruby ray of reversal mordenkainen's sword

Edit Mars 28th

The vampires when you arrive in Brynnlaw cast domination on party members from a distance of several screens.

Domination spells sometimes behave weirdly, like you have no feedback about the save and are not dominated and it writes : Unnafected by effects from Domination.

Wand of paralyzation doesn't count as an hostile action when denied by magic resistance.

Galvena/Vadek : some rush attack I guess with some missile weapons

Perth the adept : missile weapon good here too

Jaheira reaches the fabled level 14 !

Vortex spiders are vulnerable to poison.

Was happy to clear the first level of spellhold without resting. Did the tome and cleared mundane stuff of 2nd level.

Shade lich and lords : skeleton lords rushed and experimented with rasaad killing the lich with his powers.

Cat o nine lives has piercing damage (in the same vein, dracolich has piercing damage which is most weird).

Librarian : It's hard to figure out how to play that fight exactly with the bookworms. I think librarian is supposed to use them to replenish his life or something like that but ppl just tend to attack the bookworms I think.

Ring of djini summoning : when the djini dies the ring disappears. It feels a little lame especially since that djini is so weak.

Kobolt avatar : A good spot to test that brand new creeping doom. Used regeneration spells on mazzy. Everyone protection from lightning, hack and slash ! Started with skeleton warriors but added mordenkainen swords later on. Jaheira had mass cures available.

Cleared the easier level and claimed my barbarian essence potion from the 3 coin golem chest fight. Would have been cool to get the cloak vagrant gets.

Mithril golem : not much to say, buff to the max hope for the best smile.gif Rasaad had diamond body and 2x regenerations was able to do some nice tanking on this difficulty level. Clan hunter was a good tank too for mithril golem.

Used coin machine and finished spellhold.

Jon Irenicus has -9 to saves instead of -5.

Killed Lonk in rush. Maybe telling him to get out of the way could yield 10k xp smile.gif

Jon Irenicus : Decided to base my strategy on creeping doom. This fight is cool and difficulty really is on point, it's just these ayslum scouts steroid gem golems for no xp are a little annoying. Maybe this is a fight that could benefit from being redesigned at some point.

By the way asylum scout's AI seems messed up when Jon Irenicus leaves the battlefield. Some of them seem to be idle but it's hard to tell in this confusing battle.

The stone golem that you meet in spellhold in Jon Irenicus'chamber is worth 5000 xp. Some stone golems in the game are worth 5k xp, others are worth 8k.

Preparing to exit the island, killed noble trolls and mists. Equipped best items on protagonist for his incoming duel.

Duel Sahuagin city : with boots of speed, all items and a potion of free action, it couldn't really go badly.

Sahuagin prince : Neera summoning multiple swords during fight helped party deal with the mages before the vipers.

Vampire brides are vulnerable to cold

Killed mind flayers and elementals.

Kuo-tuas are a substantial challenge to a party of these levels, always interesting to face them.

Elder orb : he is not a guy to be messed with using missile weapons. Everyone protected from magic energy, no spell immunity used. First beholder murdered, then orb charged. Mazzy fronts him and gets her protection from magical energy removed at some point, but her armor of faith and girdle of inertial barrier were enough to withstand the chain contingency.

Regular beholder(or gauth) tries to antimagic ray rasaad under improved haste, but this kind of improved haste flurry of blows can't be dispelled.

A curious behaviour that occured against a rebel sahuagin IA mage and a regular elder orb (both use spell turning) : Jaheira uses creeping doom on them, the insects spread via another source than direct hit. At some point Jaheira's circle turns yellow as if she had failed some save that occurs during creeping doom and incurs moral failure effect. So apprently the spell turning bounces off this fear effect which doesn't feel like it's natural bouncing power. Additionally, both Jaheira and the spell turning protected ennemy suffered from the panic at the same time.

Guardian of the crown (beholders killed beforehand thanks a lot) : he seems to be some kind of hybrid between elemental golem and greater elemental golem, probably how Sikret came up with the greater elemental golem altogether. Fight got a little messy, 2 coins and 2 gems invoked and a well timed purge magic at some point, but party still prevailed, probably thanks to the millions of summons from Neera.

Claimed Sunlight and realized Jaheira can't use it meh tongue.gif Still nice content imo.

Decided to go for dracolich. Mass invisibility and improved haste are great vs whisper spider ambush.

The ghost spider in the maze doesn't use improved web.

Rasaad's disease immunity for neo-otyughs nice to have.

Guardian ghost behaved a little weird sometimes, like wasting the end of his round not attacking waiting to cast his next spell.

Would be a nice little touch if Mazzy's heal touch could restore lost ability points.

Dracolich : He used shadow breath on Dorn and probably shouldn't. Actually, I didn't realize beforehand how good Dorn would naturally be vs Dracolich. I kept Jaheira and Neera as buff/summon batteries and warriors were pretty brave in engaging Dracolich always as soon as possible. He only had time to use one wail of the dracolich (although maybe the massive death ward protections hindered him in his decisions somehow). Always a great battle, definitely Dorn's one (he even got the last hit on the dragon).

Monk's bonus to armor class is not the same as riskbreaker's bonus, i.e it is pure armor class that cannot be combined for example with barkskin or spirit armor.

First drow ambush : Although it is tempting to use fire damaging spells that pierce magical resistance, it often ends up a bad plan with spiders in play that can dispel on hit. Instead I decided to try something new (cheesy). Party and summons good buffs including mass invisibility. Mazzy opened the fight disrupting true seeing spells and had 3 creeping dooms following her. Enemies despite good magic resistance didn't like that treatment combined with Neera raining all her level 8 abi dalzim slots on them and fighters pouncing all.

Always found it weird that spore colonies are worth 420 and their myconids 420 too. Maybe colonies could be worth 975.

Killed Balor, beware of fingers.

Entered kuo-tua tunnels and cleared their parties. The drow wizard guarding the exit has no magic resistance.

Kuo-tua prince : just standard preparation and hack and slash.

Drow ambush 2 : Wanted to mess around some more with creeping doom. 4 noble trolls 1 berseker warrior with improved haste and bless. 3 castings of creeping doom on protagonist, protagonist runs with boots of speed and stealth to get ambushed. He quaffs a potion of free action as he gets the web and retreat. Then battle the severly crippled opponents. It's kind of fun actually lol.

Entered drow city to absorb lots of delicious experience points without much effort.

Underdark party : Struck by Egypt plagues

Time for a picture :

James Bond level 17 Archer *****short bow *club *two weapon style *crossbow *axe (favored enemy golems) Tansheron's bow +3 Treefolk's arm +3 Ilbratha +1 Frostreaver +3 Belm +2 The night's gift +5 Gauntlets of weapon skill Helm of Balduran amulet +1 ring +2 ring +2 boots of stealth cloak of protection + 1 girdle of inertial barrier
MVP : Thax'llsillyia %kills 27%

Mazzy level 19 Champion of Avoreen ***short sword **flail *sword and shield style **two weapon style **scimitar short sword of backstabbing +3 flail of ages +3 water's edge +4 Darksteel +4 Drow full plate +5 hands of thakkok vhailor's helm wooden horse necklace ring +2 ring of gaxx girdle of piercing cloak +2 boots of speed
MPV : Guardian of the Crown %kills 14%

Dorn level 17 Blackguard **two handed sword **two handed weapon style **crossbow **two handed weapon style Lilarcor +3 Staff of rynn +4 Dragon's breath + 4 Firetooth +4 Drow Full plate +5 The visage bracers of blinding strike amulet +1 ring +2 ring +2 cloak +2 golden girdle boots of speed
MPV : Dracolich %kills 19%

Jaheira level 17 Avenger ***quarterstaff ***spear **two handed weapon style Staff of arundel +3 Spear of impaling +3 Golem rod +3 shadow dragon scale paws of the furious cat circlet of golden flowers harper's ward ring of sune ring +2 cloak +2 golden girdle boots of etherealness
MPV : Mithril golem %kills 16%
HLA : Perform Ritual

Rasaad level 19 Sun Soul Monk *katana *scimitar *dart *sling *dagger *short sword fists solemn duty +3 darts gauntlets of crushing (awesome) pale green ioun stone ring +2 ring +2 amulet + 1 moonlight walkers belt of minor invulnerability cloak + 2
MPV : Prime assassinator %kills 19%

Neera level 17 Sorcerer *Quarterstaff *Dart *Sling Martial staff +3 Sling of Avoreen +4 Robe of invocation bracers of defense AC 4 Pearly white ioun stone Metaspell influence amulet ring of acuity ring of wizardry ox-tail's belt the frost's embrace cloak +1
MPV : Conster %kills 1%

Spells known :

7:ruby ray of reversal mordenkainen's sword mass invisibility
8:abi dalzim's horrid wilting summon monster VI

Edit April 1st

Neera does the mage duels (which could be slightly improved and made quite interesting imo).

Beholder dead, gnomes dealt with.

Lizardfolks that can disrupt your rest outside of drow city drop minor random loots.

Otyughs are vulnerable to poison (gaunador followers)

Deirex dead.

No critical hit immunity from ioun stones is an interesting nerf, I would leave it as is personnally.

Sunfire scroll if worth 150 gold instead of 300 gold like other level 5 spells.

Noble effreeti : protection from fire, pierce magic, creeping doom, melee attacks

House Jae'lat : just full buff hack and slash with abi dalzim spells, power attack, poison attack, crushing weapons, etc.

Found my second bluestone necklace...hoping to find three smile.gif Protagonist claims armor of deep night which is a small upgrade for him.

Neera finally level 18, did the imprisoned mage quest with her newly aquired wish spell.

Vithal targets Rasaad with melf's minute meteors which probably isn't that great of an idea considering monk's AC and bonus to missile AC.

Ammar : Mazzy showed her great ac to these skeleton lords.

Finished drow city. Maybe a first step towards evil parties would be to offer some good xp(in par with Adalon) when you strike a deal with the demon lord. And the halberd rewarded could be a component of some nice evil weapon.

It would be nice if a nicely designed drow party waited for you at the bazaar, as fights vs humanoid parties are nice imo. They could even have a swashbuckler with them smile.gif

Furthermore, it would be nice if some high ranked drows planned some scheme in TOB as a retaliation for what you do to the city.

Adalon killed after her reward and underdark exit cleared.

Killing Adalon could be worth -2 reput maybe.

Demon knights : Massive prebuffing and preparation, power attacks, no danger.

Dorn claims Soul Reaver with a maniacal laugh.

Dorn cannot use staff of command because he is flagged as a paladin, but it does seem like he should be able to use it.

Master brain : Trying to get hold of good positions helps a lot, otherwise just attack summon rebuff. If desperate can bring summons in room with good timing.

I would suggest slightly improving the rate at which master brain spawns brain golems and to have them grant some xp such as 9000. With the door forcefully closed it can't turn into a farming fest.

Reputation back to 20, sold stuff to gnome vendor, exit underdark.

Killing Drizzt should probably be like -5 reputation. At least Jaheira brought me back to reason.

Small tooth pass : Vampiric mists seem to be targetting Dorn and not priorizing somoene who is not naturally immune to level drain (undispellable).

North forest : always liked that place in IA maybe because you get to show off your strength coming out of Underdark.

Forest of tethyr cleared.

Kruin :Got a few buffs, got mordenkainen swords and Neera started alacrity before fight. Party quickly dispatched the githyankis and dealt with the summoned nishru with a death spell from Vhailor's helm. The idea was to get positionned well with the elemental golems and the swords because I didn't wish for hardiness. Jaheira casts creeping doom after 2-3 rounds. Neera used recast vital energy for the first time and summoned a grandlord. Was very hard and messy. Probably should have waited for hardiness to expire before trying to finish Kruin off and going full buffs would have been much better.

Realized I have 3 bluestone necklaces.

Forged adamantite horn of valhalla, the equalizer, the wave, the silver sword (fought so hard for it so why not), indigo ioun stone, golem slayer, cloak +2

Used scroll of limited wish to do gong's quest.

Illithid lair sewer party : Used recast vital energy for 1x regeneration. Neera got stunned by Illithid because I often forget to swap her spell rings for protection +2 ones. Jaheira with the golem slayer doing some real work. Mazzy's righteous magic is awesome and Rasaad is great too. Dorn is ok. Power attacks used against the 2 enemy fighters.
Used some creeping dooms. I am not really sure now if it is abusive anymore because a mage of the same level if you play your cards right can have a double time stop and alacrity combo or can unleash 6 abi dalzims with chain contingency or do both and even more.
Dorn got turned apparently by the enemy cleric (as most of his buffs suddenly got dispelled) but is naturally immune to fear. If the turn paladin feature is to be continued by design I would think an evil blackguard would get dominated instead of panicked by an evil cleric.

Blade of roses looted...can finally have 20 charisma with protagonist shopping lol.

The extra damage to undead of Rasaad's sun roulray is blockable by magic resistance while the first part is not (tested on Alhoon).

Alhoon : Neera greets opponents and gets purged. Under alacrity she debuffs alhoon and casts remove magic on him. Golem is drawn in other room. Rasaad destroys Alhoon with flaming fists and critical strike as soon as a remove magic hits true. Golem has time to summon 2 golems and dies.

Trying to forge Grandmaster of Flowers and realized seeds were consumed when I forged circlet of golden flowers. I really can't have it that way, I'm too excited having a monk for the first time so I clua in another pack of seeds.

So forged grandmaster of flowers and crom fayer (which no one can use for now, I think archer will go warhammers at level 21).

Edit April 2nd

Old squirrel wardstone done. Glad to notice Equalizer strikes as a +4 weapon.

Umar witch : Rushed her with alacrity ruby rays breach. Allowed the wondrous imp to do his stuff to somewhat compensate.

Windmaster : Hack and slashed.

Firkraag : Just good buffing and fighting, archer kept firing arrows at him which was good pressure to make the fight progress.

Visit to Watcher's keep 1 to get some levels, cleared all.

Spider queen : Just killed it with available weapons. Priorized lesser spiders.

Improved invisibility grants +8 to saves instead of +4 on party members.

Level cleared, going to sell some stuff and forge some stuff.

Party :

James Bond level 20 Archer *****short bow *club *two weapon style *crossbow *axe *scimitar (favored enemy golems) Tansheron's bow +3 Treefolk's arm +3 Ilbratha +1 Frostreaver +3 Belm +2 Spirit of the night +4 (looks great) Gauntlets of weapon skill Helm of Balduran amulet of spell warding ring +2 ring +2 boots of stealth cloak of protection + 1 girdle of inertial barrier
MVP : Firkraag %kills 24%
HLAS : Power attack, Critical Strike, Smite

Mazzy level 22 Champion of Avoreen ***short sword **flail *sword and shield style ***two weapon style **scimitar short sword of backstabbing +3 flail of ages +3 water's edge +4 Darksteel +4 armor of the hart + 3 vhailor's helm wooden horse necklace ring +2 ring of gaxx girdle of piercing cloak +2 boots of speed
MPV : Guardian of the Crown %kills 17%

Dorn level 20 Blackguard **two handed sword **two handed weapon style **crossbow **two handed weapon **halberd style Soul reaver +4 Staff of rynn +4 Dragon's breath + 4 Wave + 4 Firetooth +4 Pride of the legion +2 The visage bracers of blinding strike amulet +1 ring +2 ring +2 cloak +2 destroyer of hills boots of speed
MPV : Spider queen %kills 19%

Jaheira level 20 Avenger ***quarterstaff ***spear **two handed weapon style *scimitar Staff of arundel +3 Spear of impaling +3 Golem slayer +5 shadow dragon scale paws of the furious cat circlet of golden flowers harper's ward ring of sune ring +2 cloak +2 destroyer of hills boots of etherealness
MPV : Greater Elemental Golem %kills 14%
HLAS : Perform Ritual, Summon Animal V, Critical Strike, Natural Restoration

Rasaad level 22 Sun Soul Monk *katana *scimitar *dart *sling *dagger *short sword *single weapon style fists solemn duty +3 darts gauntlets of crushing indigo ioun stone ring +2 ring +2 grandmaster of flowers moonlight walkers ox-tail belt cloak + 2
MPV : Elemental Golem %kills 22%

Neera level 20 Sorcerer *Quarterstaff *Dart *Sling *Dagger Martial staff +3 Sling of Everard +5 Firetooth +3 Robe of invocation bracers of defense AC 4 Mask of King Strohm Metaspell influence amulet ring of acuity ring of wizardry belt of minor invulnerability the frost's embrace cloak +1
MPV : Statue %kills 1%

HLAS : Summon Planetar, Improved Alacrity, Dragon Breath

Spells known :

7:ruby ray of reversal mordenkainen's sword mass invisibility
8:abi dalzim's horrid wilting summon monster VI foreknowledge
9:wish recast vital energy time stop

Edit may 27th

Forged Golden Spider Figurine, Improved Cat Figurine, Cloak of protection +2.

WK level 2 time.

Used alacrity and noble spider on fire giant.

Took golems seriously.

Enough +4 weapons for the steam prince.

Cromatic demon : full preparation, party killed the minions then the demon. Neera used some pierce magic and cones of cold with alacrity after malison. Jaheira used creeping dooms.

Killed bodhi's vampire ambush.

Lord Roenall : remove magic malison emotions hack and slash with lots of prebuffs. Forgot protection from magical energy on party but on core they survived the deadly chain contingency from the mage and cat figurine healed them.

Archer is finally able to wield crom fayer.

Forged corrosive lance +5, awesome.

Cleared bodhi's first floor.

A vampire called Vampire had the string Panic after Dorn's aura of despair despite (obviously) not getting actually scared.

Bodhi : With crom fayer +5, flail of ages +4, golem slayer +5, staff of rynn + 4, Rasaad's fists and many buffs were enough to prevail easily. Summons used skeleton warriors with sword reinforcements. Neera unleashed some of her spellbook on vampires too.
Rasaad seemed invincible vs these vampires.

Claimed impressive rewards and made it to Suldanesselar after killing drows that come out of Underdark's entrance. Now that Neera has protection from magical weapons, will do the squirrel quest party.

Hard nut to crack : Almost maximal preparation, Neera arrived under alacrity. Dorn's poison weapon worked (at least) on Falahar. Party summons spider queen, smilodon, berseker warrior. Neera uses breach on falahar, then remove magic on Valeria. Party attacks Falahar and kill planetar. Pitre uses greater restoration after true sight, then party kills him and assassinators, then exterminator before he uses hardiness. At the same time Neera shoots magic missiles and flame arrows on Valeria with ruby rays on Dracandros. Dracandros uses a PFMW scroll and gets breached and killed.
lappen
wow i wish u good luck ... are the golems immune to arrows ?
HTRT
Thank you ! Most golems will be; coin golems will have some vulnerability to arrows if hit by +3 or more.
bulian
Mid/late game Dorn has really amazing stats with DUHM. He'll end up with like 20 con or something and basically have an additional ~45 HP and be comparable to any other fighter besides a barbarian. So I agree his early stats are pretty weak, but if they were "optimized" now with 18 CON, he'd be super OP then.

Since Dorn doesn't have a personalized weapon at the moment, and I think the evil Holy Avenger sword was removed from IA, the argument that a pure NPC blackguard would be stronger is a fair one, but honestly with all the OP NPCs now (hi Jaheira!!), he's probably in a pretty good place overall.

Interesting party choice - looks a bit light on healing with no restoration or instant cast healing touch. At least you have RVE from Neera. Will be curious to read how it turns out!

I like the hexxat as a swashbuckler concept myself - would just have to be sure to be on good terms with her for the end of her TOB quest so she doesn't disappear right when fighting Sendai.
critto
Hexxat has lots of annoying scripting related to her sensitivity to light. That makes modifying her a less attractive idea.
HTRT
bulian Posted Yesterday, 09:29 PM
Mid/late game Dorn has really amazing stats with DUHM. He'll end up with like 20 con or something and basically have an additional ~45 HP and be comparable to any other fighter besides a barbarian. So I agree his early stats are pretty weak, but if they were "optimized" now with 18 CON, he'd be super OP then.

Since Dorn doesn't have a personalized weapon at the moment, and I think the evil Holy Avenger sword was removed from IA, the argument that a pure NPC blackguard would be stronger is a fair one, but honestly with all the OP NPCs now (hi Jaheira!!), he's probably in a pretty good place overall.

Interesting party choice - looks a bit light on healing with no restoration or instant cast healing touch. At least you have RVE from Neera. Will be curious to read how it turns out!

I like the hexxat as a swashbuckler concept myself - would just have to be sure to be on good terms with her for the end of her TOB quest so she doesn't disappear right when fighting Sendai.
You're right I forgot about DUHM. So I guess it's a like a strong paladin because he doesn't get turned by enemy clerics and he has armor of faith warrior hlas DUHM etc. So actual changes to him would be for an evil npcs patch or paladin improvements one day.

It will be nice to play this party yes because I haven't played EE new npc content yet and neither Mazzy nor Jaheira 6.3ish. Archer is different too and will benefit from most of the improved ranger stronghold.

critto Posted Today, 04:24 PM
Hexxat has lots of annoying scripting related to her sensitivity to light. That makes modifying her a less attractive idea.

Yeah right. Would have to be in some evil npc patch or something and probably just rework her and get rid of these mechanics.

bulian
Is hold monster useful in IA? Looks like you skipped both breach and SI:A.

You also have ProFire from PC, Dorn and Jaheira so if you redo your spell picks, consider dropping that one. You may want to get lightning bolt or MMM. Lightning bolt is quite useful in some difficult late game fights. I forget how many level 3 spells one can learn.
HTRT
QUOTE(bulian @ Feb 11 2019, 10:15 PM) *
Is hold monster useful in IA? Looks like you skipped both breach and SI:A.

You also have ProFire from PC, Dorn and Jaheira so if you redo your spell picks, consider dropping that one. You may want to get lightning bolt or MMM. Lightning bolt is quite useful in some difficult late game fights. I forget how many level 3 spells one can learn.

IA is friendly towards hold monster i.e many monsters you wouldn't expect are vulnerable to it. It was pretty early to pick it with only 1 arcane caster (sorcerer) lol. I will go for breach spell immunity and lower resist. I won't alter my game though.
HTRT
I will put irregularities here (not necessarily found during run) :

Cernd's last staff upgrade has twice its own name as its name. It's called something like Enhanced oak of the high forest +5 Enhanced oak of the high forest + 5.

Rakshasas are chaotic neutral aligned, probably should be lawful evil according to d&d. Only in game change would be protection from evil working against them, which would seem to make sense imho.

Ring of earth control is worth 90 gold.

There exists 2 different types of potions of freedom, yet I have 3 different stacks of them (one of 4, one of one and one of one) all of which cannot be stacked together.

Kondar the bastard sword is called Kondar +2 yet is +1.
critto
Cernd's last staff upgrade has twice its own name as its name. It's called something like Enhanced oak of the high forest +5 Enhanced oak of the high forest + 5.

Can you show me a screenshot?
HTRT
QUOTE(critto @ Feb 18 2019, 03:13 AM) *

Can you show me a screenshot?

I have trouble uploading it <128 kb. I think if you just clua console the item and right click to read its description you will notice it.
critto
I've checked the staff. This kind of normal, on the description screen you're seeing both the item's name and its description text which, in case of some of the IA's items, contains item name as well.

Rakshasas' alignments were fixed locally.
HTRT
updated, the run is still going strong smile.gif
bulian
Pretty strong run so far - I like how the archer is actually shining in many fights including the Shade Lord. For whatever reason I've pretty much ignored missile weapons for a really long time so its refreshing to see some new strategies. How are you getting 3x creeping doom so quickly? It looks like Jaheira is your only druid. I guess just running in circles until you send in the target?

Also, how many APR does your archer get?
HTRT
Yeah run in circle, definitely abusive but it's really funny to do can't help it.

Archer with his +3 bow that grants no additional attack has 4(8 with IH) attacks per round. He just spent a point in scimitar and using treefolk's arm and belm he's still a decent melee fighter, although the real tests will come later in chapter 6+. I know short bow of gesen does (small) piercing damage, which will be a boon I intend to use.
bulian
Still going?
HTRT
It definitely will... At the moment my interest got caught up into a bg1 LoB scs run. I'm preparing a party I'd like to try IA on LoB with, but LoB is faulty right now with the saving throws. But it's still fun to play the humble beginnings of characters that would make it into IA later on tongue.gif
HTRT
Small edit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.