Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any mod recommendation?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
swapoer
After reading the main page of IA, I like the direction of this mod. I think the mod have similar goal as SCS mod, but IA just go more further. SCS rarely change the statistic of monster.

Anyway, my questions are:
1 Do IA work with story mod?
2 Do IA work with SCS or other gameplay mod?

Sorry if this topic is brought a lot. I tried to find the answer in pinned posts, but failed.
critto
Hi swapoer.

This issue has been brought up before when IA and mods in general were more popular. IA is still heavily crafted in a very old-school way where many of the resources are overwritten instead of patched. In addition, IA was originally designed and developed as a thing of its own, meant to be a separate playing experience. All of this has led to IA not being very compatible with the rest of stuff out there.

There is a possibility that it is compatible with some of the existing mods, but you'd have to name something specific for me to be able to advise whether it would work or not.

In general, it is not a good idea to mix IA with mods like SCS, spell revisions, item revisions, rule revisions since they would modify the same stuff and cause some weird results in the end.

You can also download the 6.0 version (the last "old" version uploaded by Sikret), it has an old readme that features a somewhat outdated list of mods that are definitely [not] compatible with IA; this would give you some idea what sorts of compatibility scenarios you can expect.
swapoer
Thanks for the reply. rolleyes.gif
swapoer
Against the best advice from the readme. I tried out the Tweaks Anthology instead of the easeofuse.

Most of them are just for the easiness of gaming. Below is my Weidu Log. Hopefully, I didn't break something.

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Make Magic Shields Glow (plainab/grogerson): v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #190 // Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors -> For all shields and helmets: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3280 // Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3294 // Personalize automatic save names -> Use scheme: 000000000-[Protagonist]-Save-Name: v8
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Mods Options: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Hidden Game Options: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // lefreut's Character Creation Screens -> Default Button Position: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Portrait Selectors -> lefreut's Portrait Picker: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Faydark's Abilities Auto-Roller/GrimLefourbe's BG2 UI: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Transparent Sidebars: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Feedback Message Box Re-sizers -> Adul's Message Box Resize Button: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Adul's Better Quick Loot: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Simple Centered Dialog: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Dee's Permanent Thieving Button: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2900 // lefreut's Improved Record Screen: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Journal Fixes and Tweaks -> Mr2150's Journal Fixes: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3028 // lefreut's Customize Screens Tweaks: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // lefreut's Improved Inventory Screen -> With Item Comparison: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4005 // lefreut's BG2 Store Screen Tweaks -> Default Button Position: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Spell Books -> lefreut's Inscribed Arcana: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // lefreut's Tooltip Scroll: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5030 // lefreut's Scroll Bar Override: 2.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5040 // lefreut's Improved Fonts -> Non-Italicized fonts for descriptions: 2.6
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil: v6.3
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Four: a set of extra combat challenges for IA: v6.3
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #2 // NPCs will not complain about reputation and leave: v6.3
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #3 // Identify all items: v6.3
critto
The interface things shouldn't screw anything up. Don't know about the tweaks though, some of the components are definitely deprecated (the readme has information on this subject in the installation section).
swapoer
One thing that puzzles me is that why the readme insist on using the out of date eas of use mod instead of the BG Tweak.
PS: BG Tweak is out of date now, since the tweak anthology come out.
critto
Nobody has ever tested extensively how the tweak anthology plays with IA. It is quite possible that it would be ok to use the same components from it instead of EoU.
bulian
Dungeon Be Gone works with IA if you want to jump right into the main game. Another mod that works well with IA is Tower of Deception (TOD) available on this site. I believe the original IA developer contributed to TOD since there is a special Chapter 7 encounter using IA-specific enemies. Be sure to download the EE-compatible version if you give it a try and install after IA. See below Weudu. Please report whether the new Tweaks mod causes any issues since I'd like to try it myself.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams (Karzak, Blucher) (SEE WARNINGS)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Allow Multi-Player Created NPCs to "Wait Here" When Kicked Out
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Unlimited Bag of Holding (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil: v6.3
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Four: a set of extra combat challenges for IA: v6.3
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #2 // NPCs will not complain about reputation and leave: v6.3
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #3 // Identify all items: v6.3
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
critto
For skipping the dungeon I actually recommend a newer mod, there's a link to it in the readme.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.