Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Compilation Features + Download
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation
Pages: 1, 2
Vlad
May I ask why that particular dialogue replacement is needed? It looks to me like your replacing the BGT code with an exact copy of itself.
Because it was not a BGT code. It was an original BG1 code which was broken. Now it is a proper BGT code.

I've been meaning to ask: should Jaheira be able to use light crossbows or not?

Of course. There are good crossbows for her in the game.
gigi_duru
Hi Vlad, all,

I've finished the BG1 part, however I've been unable to start BG2. The scripted cutscene with Irenicus doesn't work properly. Shar-Teel isn't in her cage, and after Irenicus is done torturing you, and Imoen is supposed to come out and spring you, the door opens, but nobody comes out, and the game is stuck. Given what I've described a few posts up, I couldn't start any BG2 game.

So, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and skipped installing BGT this time, just choosing to import the save. All is well, except for one, minor, issue: Jaheira doesn't seem to be able to use crossbows. I can neither equip any crossbows, or bolts (they're all brown), not put proficiency points into crossbows at level up. She is correctly a Priest of Sylvanus kit.

I had the same issue in BGT, even with the updated .cre files, and I restarted a BG1 game and played it to the Friendly Arms Inn, just to recruit a fresh Jaheira. She had the right kit, but still no luck on the crossbows.

And I have no idea how to edit her with Shadowkeeper, to make her be able to use crossbows.
Vlad
I'm installing BGT and checking what's going on there.
Vlad
My installation:

CODE
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.18 (28 Apr 13)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #0 // MY COMPILATION
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Monk Class (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #2 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #3 // Leina - New Bard NPC Character and Quest (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #4 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #5 // New Jaheira Portrait (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Anti-Dragon Items and Powerful Swords (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Twisted Rune Quest (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Copper Coronet (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Shadows and Shadow Dragon (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Dak'kon's Blade (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #11 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script (by Goeran Rimen)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #12 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues (by aVENGER)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #13 // Cromwell in Brynnlaw and Item Upgrade (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #14 // Improved Character Anomen - Stats and Items (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #15 // Improved Character Nalia - Stats and Items (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #16 // Improved Character Jan Jansen (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #17 // Improved Character Aerie - Wildwanderer of Baervan (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #18 // Improved Character Edwin - Red Wizard (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #19 // Improved Character Viconia - Darkcloak of Shar (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #20 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #21 // Enhanced Encounter with Illasera in ToB (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #22 // Enhanced Encounter with Gromnir in ToB (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #23 // Enhanced Encounter with Yaga Shura in ToB (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #24 // Enhanced Encounter with Abazigal in ToB (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #25 // Merchant League Bank (BGT required!) (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #26 // Tougher Black Talone Elites (BGT required!) (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #27 // Stats and Portraits of Viconia and Jaheira. BG1 Viconia and Jaheira can get their BG2 portraits and stats (by Vlad).
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #28 // Improved Character Edwin (BGT required!) (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #29 // Improved Character Xan (BGT required!) (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #30 // Items Upgrade (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #31 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU (by Kevin Dorner)
~SETUP-NEJ3V702.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Third Edition v7.02
~SETUP-NEJ3V702.TP2~ #0 #1 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ3V702.TP2~ #0 #2 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)

I've tested the transition, and everything worked fine. Please see my test here:

BG1-->BG2 transition

What you described is only possible if you don't have those NPCs in your group upon transition. In other words, if in the end of BG1, before the transition, Shar-Teel is not in your group, then she won't appear in the cell. This is logical. The same is about all other NPCs including Imoen. Yes, I agree, that way you must be sure that Imoen is with you and this is a pre-requisite for starting the BG2 inside the BGT game. So, please make sure they are all in the group. As you see, I don't have Minsc, and therefore his cell is empty.

Regarding cross-bows, I'll check a bit later. I think I removed this feature in BG2 at all.
zelazko
Does Vlad's Compilation/Tortured Souls edit original Bioware Coran NPC? Readme says Coran was removed as joinable NPC.
Senka
Does Vlad's Compilation/Tortured Souls edit original Bioware Coran NPC?
No
Readme says Coran was removed as joinable NPC.

It was tooooooo long ago... wink.gif
Vlad
You are confusing Coran in BG1 and BG2. Tortured Souls has always been a mod for BG2 and never modified anything in BG1. In earlier versions of Tortured Souls (until 2007-2008), Coran in BG2 was joinable, as well as Dynaheir, but then I removed those plots.
zelazko
Bioware made Coran non joinable NPC in BG2. He can be found in Forest of Tethyr during chapter 6 and ask you to rescue Safana (joinable NPC in BG1 as well). If Coran and \ Either way I already tested Coran and Safana NPC from mod BG1NPCs in SoA and both are joinable and they work as intended.
Vlad
All these ideas come originally from Tortured Souls. I made Coran joinable in BG2 and then removed this option, because Domi decided to develop her own projects instead of continuing writing for Tortured Souls.
gigi_duru
Can the chromatic dragon in Tortured Souls be killed? He seems completely immune to any weapon damage I do.
Vlad
Yes, in the quest of Sime when you're going to save the maiden. Before that, sorry, no chance. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.