Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting XP of characters (neera)
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
david76321
Hi first time posting:

I was wondering, with a few tests, is there varying starting XP for NPC's (namely Neera) in 6.2.

My tests have show she starts at 161,000 Xp regardless of protag XP level, although some post on here suggest u may obtain her at 500,000 xp aroundabouts.

Sincerely,

Thanks!

Ps this is with bg2ee recommended version + install components
critto
Hi!

There's a scaling of XP based on the protagonist's experience, but I don't remember the number off-hand. I can give a more detailed info later if you're interested.

Also, there's a bug in 6.2 where the joinable NPCs might get a bit more XP than they supposed to. Beamdog introduced its own scaling of XP which added to the one implemented earlier in IA. This is fixed in IAv7.0 at the moment.

Cheers,
critto
david76321
Thank you

I was curious because using EE keeper to look at the creature files of Neera (like neera9, neera10, neera11) and with testing in game (where I levelled up before meeting her with the protaganist) she seems to have the same XP (161000) and level (9 i think) This is also unlike Jan where if you meet him later with a higher prog. level he gets gifted quest XP relative to the prog. level.

Maybe this is due to my install. I do recall having to do something with bg2ee tweaks to get the thac0 tables, grand mastery etc as I couldn't get the original wesley mod to install (with bg2ee).

Was curious, but from hearing you it seems possible to get her at a higher XP?

Ps Also should be noted really enjoying the challenge of the mod and fun.

Thanks for great mod, cheers!

Sincerely

SparrowJacek
Neera has script that fires when you join her for the first time and it sets her EXP to certain value based on protagonist's current EXP.
critto
I was curious because using EE keeper to look at the creature files of Neera (like neera9, neera10, neera11) and with testing in game (where I levelled up before meeting her with the protaganist) she seems to have the same XP (161000) and level (9 i think) This is also unlike Jan where if you meet him later with a higher prog. level he gets gifted quest XP relative to the prog. level.
All files intentionally have the same amount of XP. The extra xp is added programmatically via scripts when you first join the character.

Maybe this is due to my install. I do recall having to do something with bg2ee tweaks to get the thac0 tables, grand mastery etc as I couldn't get the original wesley mod to install (with bg2ee).

Strange. It should work ok, use the latest EoU version. Plus, not all components are needed, check the readme carefully.

Was curious, but from hearing you it seems possible to get her at a higher XP?

I'll give you a more specific response later when I look at the scripts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.