Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is possible to play black pits with IA 6.2?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
matod
Hello is possible to play black pits with IA 6.2? or its not recommended? how importand is easy of use for EE version of bg2?
critto
Hello is possible to play black pits with IA 6.2? or its not recommended?
Black Pits is simply not supported. I suspect that you'd get IA scripts firing occasionally whenever a IA-modified resource is employed in the DLC, but my guess is that the things have a greater chance of ending up messed up. However, if I remember correctly, Beamdog coded all the resources for Black Pits with their own name prefixes specifically to avoid such conflicts.

how importand is easy of use for EE version of bg2?

Certain components simply has become outdated. A complete description was provided in the new readme for the mod. Have you had the chance to familiarise yourself with it? Here's the relevant page: http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/Mods/Readme/i...stallation.html

Strictly speaking, there are three components that should be installed:
- Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking for SOA and TOB (this is more for your own sanity; IA has lots of loot, you'd go crazy juggling all the stuff with vanilla limitations)
- Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, ... (combat encounters and monsters are tuned with this in mind; it might be somewhat deprecated, but that's probably only in the closed EE2.3-compatible beta, I do not remember off-hand without looking at the code)
- Multiple Strongholds (this simply opens up more content and allows to have a better experience with the mod; I was looking into deprecating this stuff and expanding introduction of various classes into various strongholds in a better manner, but that is one of those numerous features that are scheduled for the bright and distant future).

The rest is up to you.

I've been looking into a newer version of Ease-of-Use that could be used in the future with a BG2:EE 2.3 compatible IA release (whenever it may finally come out) or even embedding all of the recommended stuff into IA itself to simplify the installation process for the players. So that might happen in the future. Until then, see the recommendations listed above.

Cheers,
critto
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.