Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V6 with EE on Ipad
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Silverstar
I tried installing IA v6.2 for Ipad bg2ee 1.3 version.

My usual procedure is installing on a pc, then carrying the override and dialog tlk files into my ipad via ifunbox program.
-my ios is below 8.0 so ifunbox works
-I zip and edit the dialog tlk file with a special exe file so my Ipad can read it without a jailbreak

However, I think v6.2 patches the exe file upon installing, it said so in the weidu window. Thus, transferring the files to Ipad does not work at all. It crashes every time I try to launch. Since there is no way I can patch Ipad's exe file without a jailbreak (maybe not even possible with a jailbreak!) this was a no-go. Am I right to assume so?

So. I returned to 6.0. Ued the tpa fix so it can install on ee. Used a new version of weidu to update my weidu. (Used the forums here, so helpful!) and it installed on pc. Transferred the games to Ipad, and tapped on bg2 icon.

And it worked on Ipad.
Well, IA seems to be installed, new kits and spells are there, Imoen is a grim sorceress, and I even got the 'item randomisation initialised' message.

I will try playing when and if I have the time. I haven't played IA for a looong time and I know how much difficult it is. I am literally scared to play beyond the Irenicus Dungeon, really! It terrifies me but also entices me.
But being able to play it on the go with an easy to carry Ipad is a charming idea, indeed. I will see what I can do and if it works well on Ipad. I am curious.
critto
Well, this is definitely new smile.gif Let us know it goes!

> However, I think v6.2 patches the exe file upon installing, it said so in the weidu window. Thus, transferring the files to Ipad does not work at all. It crashes every time I try to launch. Since there is no way I can patch Ipad's exe file without a jailbreak (maybe not even possible with a jailbreak!) this was a no-go. Am I right to assume so?
There are a no patches to the executable for EE version in v6.2. They are only applied when installing on ToB to patch hard-coded monk fists and fix a potential bug that decreases maximum amount of summoned creatures.

In potential future versions (which are EE-only) there will be no executable level patches whatsoever (I already have a working beta that's compatible with EE2.3, I can send it to you if you are interested).
Silverstar
Oh? But my v6.2 (with fixes) DID update the exe file.

Aaah I get it now. I think.

When I tried to install v6.2 on my pc, I did it on a pseudo bg installation on my pc. I copied the whole bg2 app from Ipad to desktop and modded there. (This method worked for scs and other mods in the past)
Because my bg2 on pc was 2.3 version and Ia was not compatible.
I think IA was confused and thought the pseudo installation of the Ipad app on pc was a mere tob installation, and modified the exe file. This ofcourse broke it.

I was so frustrated and frankly I just don't like how v2.0 of the game looks, I got v1.3 from Steam beta.
And only then I found v6.0 and said maybe it would work? And tried to install it this time on my real bg2 ee installation (v1.3) on my pc. And it worked.

Hmm. So if I try to install v6.2 on my real bg2 installation (v1.3) it should work. Since it won't patch the exe file, right? And by transferring the override and dialog.tlk to my Ipad proper, it should work on Ipad too.

Should I really do this, are there many changes in V6.2, IIRC Jaheira rocks an improved avenger kit, and may have some special items but I don't think I will be keeping her. I plan to have a sorcerer pc, vagrant mp pc, maybe a thief pc dualled into fighter (because I hate traps and locks) and Valygar, Anomen, and Nalia/Imoen. Three good fighters, Anomen for heals and Pc+Immy for my arcane needs. Should be doable, from what I read from the forums. (I know necromancer is all the rage but I don't want to deal with the hassle of finding scrolls, and I never played a sorcerer before, so there...I think I just need stoneskin, anti golem rays, pro magic energy/weapons, ruby ray, breach, improved haste. Maybe emotion on the early game.)

Edit:thanks for the kind offer to v2.3 compatible mod but v2.0 won't come to Ipad for a long time and I just want to try playing IA on Ipad. And I think v2.0 is not to my tastes.
critto
> Hmm. So if I try to install v6.2 on my real bg2 installation (v1.3) it should work. Since it won't patch the exe file, right? And by transferring the override and dialog.tlk to my Ipad proper, it should work on Ipad too.
Sounds correct, yes.

> Should I really do this, are there many changes in V6.2
Well, nothing major game-changing, no big new chunks of content either. Lots of minor stuff done here and there. The key points are listed in the readme document.

> Edit:thanks for the kind offer to v2.3 compatible mod but v2.0 won't come to Ipad for a long time and I just want to try playing IA on Ipad. And I think v2.0 is not to my tastes.
Fair enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.