Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crashing east of Beregost
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Bombur
Hey Vlad et al.,

In my installation, the area east of Beregost (where the Morning Lord's temple is) kills the game. The area loads fine. But when I start walking around, I get a black screen. If I kill the process and restart, I get the same thing. Here's the error from the Baldur.err file:

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ObjCreature.cpp
Line: 12162

Exp: pCreature != NULL && creatureSize > 0

Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?

I'm guessing this isn't a standard bug or it would have been mentioned somewhere. I searched the forums for the line number and found nothing.

I'm running on Windows 10 Pro under compatibility mode. I have a bare minimum game install (BG2/ToB + patch + BD1.75 + TS7.06 + NEJ7.02).

Any suggestions on an easy resolve? And by "easy," I'm hoping for something other than a total rebuild. ;-)

Thanks!

Bombur
Vlad
1. Please put the attached file in your override directory.
2. If still crashed, please try to jump into that area by using CLUAConsole:

CODE
CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR9300")

3. If still crashes, just don't visit that area. There is nothing to do there just walking. smile.gif

[attachment=4280:AR9300.are]

[EDIT] Yes, it is something new to me. Maybe Senka can check.
Bombur
Thanks, Vlad.

The area still crashes. But using CLUA at least put me in the upper left where I could kill a bunch of bandits. :-) Still can't get to the wolves. But now at least I know I'm not missing anything!

Bombur
Senka
Maybe Senka can check.

I told you about some crashes on BG1-areas wink.gif Do you want me to check more? ))) I can install (BG2ToB + BD1.75 + TS7.06 + NEJ7.02 + KR) or NEJ +VC
Vlad
Needs to check exits in the non-BGT installation. Anyway, you don't miss anything if not visiting these areas or CLUA into them. The quest areas (Slaver's Camp, Shar-Teel's forest, Ulcaster etc work without problems).
Senka
Needs to check exits in the non-BGT installation
As you remember I'm playing without BGT wink.gif
Anyway, you don't miss anything if not visiting these areas or CLUA into them.

I know smile.gif All crashes occur during walking through areas
Unfortunately I haven't any saves with NEJ so I have to play from the very beginning. Well, I think I will do it during 2-3 days
Senka
the area east of Beregost (where the Morning Lord's temple is)

Yes, I confirm this. I can enter and walk a little but then black screen and crush. Other non-quest areas are ok.
Vlad, I continue and do new report! laugh.gif
"No rest for the wicked..." ©
Vlad
Yes, this is leftover from BGT. Since my basic install is always over BGT, there may be a problem. I'll remove these unneeded areas in future. In particular, I have added new area graphics made by Yura, so no need for BG1 areas anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.