Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please stop renaming Setup-BDToBvXXX.tp2 file
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Baldurdash-WeiDU
ALIEN
Dear Vlad,

please stop renaming Setup-BDToBvXXX.tp2 file each time when you release new Baldurdash version. Every time when you do it, you literally creating new mod, thus broking every script wchis is used to unadented installation of the mods (user created, BWP, BWS) Choose one name and stick to it, for eg: Setup-BaldurdashVlad.tp2 or Baldurdash-WeiDU.tp2. All mods created by you, which require specific (or all in most cases) components should check weidu.log for those components and can also check Baldurdash version from weidu.log.

Thanks
Vlad
No more new versions of Baldurdash-WeiDU.

We are testing now "Vlad's Compilation" = BDW + TS + Keldorn + several minor quests and improvements. I can actually give you a link, but it seems I hve a final stable version already.
ALIEN
While I'm grateful for you reply, I don't know if this is good or bad news. So you idea is to combine BDW + TS + Keldorn + several minor quests and improvements into one big mod? Does such merge won't cause more compatibility problems for other mods?
Vlad
I hope it will oppositely help, because then you'll need to solve only compatibility problem with one mod, not with several. laugh.gif
ALIEN

According to Big World Project, Baldurdash should be installed very early because those fixes are outdated/coded to overwrite files, and it should be installed definitely before BGT. TS should be installed after BGT and some other mods. If TS have all Baldurdash files, it seems that Baldurdash content will be installed AFTER BGT and many more mods. For me, it looks very dangerous. Could you tell something about the way how you incorporate Baldurdash components inside TS?
Vlad
Do you want I explain the work of almost half a year in few words? Nothing is overridden, neither in Baldurdash, nor in TS. This is the WeiDU installation and it was before for something like 7-8 years, which take cares of the existing files. Don't worry. But obviously, the BWP team should take care of compatibility with other mods.
ALIEN
Thanks, this merge brings my attention and I needed to have any info, not necessary wall of text wink.gif BWS Team/Leonardo Watson will definitely take look at install order/compatibility but ... http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=5339
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.