Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please stop renaming Setup-BDToBvXXX.tp2 file
ALIEN
post Aug 31 2016, 01:08 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Dear Vlad,

please stop renaming Setup-BDToBvXXX.tp2 file each time when you release new Baldurdash version. Every time when you do it, you literally creating new mod, thus broking every script wchis is used to unadented installation of the mods (user created, BWP, BWS) Choose one name and stick to it, for eg: Setup-BaldurdashVlad.tp2 or Baldurdash-WeiDU.tp2. All mods created by you, which require specific (or all in most cases) components should check weidu.log for those components and can also check Baldurdash version from weidu.log.

Thanks

--------------------
You cannot have progress without committing changes... A Basic Modder's Guide to Git and Github
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Vlad
post Sep 5 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Mod Developer

No more new versions of Baldurdash-WeiDU.

We are testing now "Vlad's Compilation" = BDW + TS + Keldorn + several minor quests and improvements. I can actually give you a link, but it seems I hve a final stable version already.

Quote Post
ALIEN
post Sep 6 2016, 08:42 AM
Post #3

Forum Member

While I'm grateful for you reply, I don't know if this is good or bad news. So you idea is to combine BDW + TS + Keldorn + several minor quests and improvements into one big mod? Does such merge won't cause more compatibility problems for other mods?

--------------------
You cannot have progress without committing changes... A Basic Modder's Guide to Git and Github

Quote Post
Vlad
post Sep 6 2016, 09:19 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Mod Developer

I hope it will oppositely help, because then you'll need to solve only compatibility problem with one mod, not with several. laugh.gif

Quote Post
ALIEN
post Sep 6 2016, 10:25 AM
Post #5

Forum Member

According to Big World Project, Baldurdash should be installed very early because those fixes are outdated/coded to overwrite files, and it should be installed definitely before BGT. TS should be installed after BGT and some other mods. If TS have all Baldurdash files, it seems that Baldurdash content will be installed AFTER BGT and many more mods. For me, it looks very dangerous. Could you tell something about the way how you incorporate Baldurdash components inside TS?

--------------------

Quote Post
Vlad
post Sep 8 2016, 08:29 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Mod Developer

Do you want I explain the work of almost half a year in few words? Nothing is overridden, neither in Baldurdash, nor in TS. This is the WeiDU installation and it was before for something like 7-8 years, which take cares of the existing files. Don't worry. But obviously, the BWP team should take care of compatibility with other mods.

Quote Post
ALIEN
post Sep 9 2016, 09:27 AM
Post #7

Forum Member

Thanks, this merge brings my attention and I needed to have any info, not necessary wall of text wink.gif BWS Team/Leonardo Watson will definitely take look at install order/compatibility but ... http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=5339

--------------------

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:52 PM