Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Keldorn NPC
Pages: 1, 2
mystymoo
Not sure if it's related.

I only have the mods installed that you said (Baldurdash, TS, KR) these are the ONLY mods I have

I'm at the part where I'm in a duel pit with Hitomi Nakanishi - I win (yay) But then he just says "Don't bother me until battle is finished"

Tried reloading, singing, dancing, redoing, he just doesn't get the hint.

I've also noticed several other... interesting hiccups

For example, (I copied your dream team btw) - Nalia decided to get herself kidnapped right before the war part, so I go do war, come back, decide Nalia's been kidnapped long enough, time to save her.

I save her, and when I get her back in my party her chat rolled back to when we were at the funeral and she starts saying how Rosea is an ass.

There's also been multiple characters (Two imoens in the dungeon)

Again, no other mods, installed in the correct order.

But now I'm sorta just stuck in Hitmoi's dungeon because he won't accept I won the fight sad.gif
Senka
Did you use save from old game? Are your installation is clean?
Because something... wrong in your dialogue.tlk
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Mar 20 2016, 07:29 AM) *
Did you use save from old game? Are your installation is clean?
Because something... wrong in your dialogue.tlk

Everything is brand new, that's the strange part,

I also noticed, you recommended to do all quests to hear more of Keldorn talking, and honestly- apart from the LT's he hasn't said a damn thing. (Don't know if my expectations are too high or I just haven't done the right quests)

Soooo I think I'll do a fresh install, skipping TS for this round -(It looks really fun, and I WILL get around to TS but I want to give them both my full attention, plus TS is hard as balls and I need to wait for another weekend where I have no kids here to do it again)

Senka
I also noticed, you recommended to do all quests to hear more of Keldorn talking, and honestly- apart from the LT's he hasn't said a damn thing. (Don't know if my expectations are too high or I just haven't done the right quests)

He is not talkative as Kelsey, yes.
mystymoo
So I reinstalled again, with just Baldurdash and KR. ZERO other mods, completely fresh shinny install, even did a PC clean

Get to slums - Annnd , Nalia is just casually dead in the tavern...

Senka
Did you install Nalia character from BD?
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Mar 20 2016, 05:04 PM) *
Did you install Nalia character from BD?

yes I installed all features from BD
Senka
even did a PC clean
What do you mean?
ZERO other mods

What do you mean?

I saw this once using old save from another installation. I still doubt your installation is clean or you don't use old saves. See... I play this BD-KR or BD-TS-KR so many times and I'm absolutely sure about work-ability our mods.
You need to wait for Vlad answer.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Mar 20 2016, 06:14 PM) *
even did a PC clean
What do you mean?
ZERO other mods
What do you mean?

I saw this once using old save from another installation. I still doubt your installation is clean or you don't use old saves. See... I play this BD-KR or BD-TS-KR so many times and I'm absolutely sure about work-ability our mods.
You need to wait for Vlad answer.

PC Clean - Used program CCleaner which makes sure there are no redundant files left over from uninstalls, anything that might have gotten left behind that I may have missed during uninstall and manually deleting the old folder.

Zero other mods- Meaning only mods installed are tob offical patch, BD and KR (in that order)

I started game over from scratch

however I just reinstalled again, this time I didn't use the nalia mod options and she is there again, issue occurs when I install nalia mod options in bd
Senka
You need original override, chitin.key, dialog.tlk, baldur.ini. And bgmain.exe if you use mods patching it.
however I just reinstalled again, this time I didn't use the nalia mod options and she is there again, issue occurs when I install nalia mod options in bd

My friend play now BD-TS-KR with Nalia and Aerie and hasn't any problem. I recommend you to reinstall BG2.
Vlad
First, please post here WeiDU.log from your main game directory.

Second, as Senka said, we installed and reinstalled and played this many many times, and no issues, particularly those you have now reported were observed.

It looks like something is not installed at all or reinstalled over the previous files. Something is completely messed in your simple installation.

I just want to repeat that you need to prepare the fresh and clean installation directory of SoA, ToB + ToB official patch. After that, you need to install BD v1.74 (all components for now), then TS v7.05 and then Keldorn. Start a new game. Everything should be fine then. As to fights in arena on katana in TS, you fight only two brothers and let the father to commit harakiri. Don't fight him for now. Also, don't leave your NPCs when going to war. You'll need to collect them all in mortuary. But even if you left, there shouldn't be a problem.

Senka
And you can install DBG after Keldorn. I always use it because Irenicus dungeon is booooooriiiing...
mystymoo
When I yell at Elhan about ... Situations, he ends the conversation - Is that supposed to happen?

Not sure how to explain without spoiling. But I pretty much go "dude I got, this in my backpack and it's all your fault" and the conversation ends,

(I do know how to fix the object in backpack I was just checking if the chat was meant to do that)
Senka
I don't understand your question. We did not change this dialogue.
Please post your weidu-log
mystymoo
How do I get the Weidu log?

Also I might need a help with the Save-Game, when I do the revival and go back to Keldorns home - After the speech with Frida he loads the wrong speech after and then I get stuck.

He'll typically start asking if I am a god of bhaal (Old ingame banter) - And once that conversation is over I'm just stuck there -I've tried reloading an older save and such but it just gets stuck on that banter, I even sat and waited to see if he'd use that banter to stop it triggering but it doesn't work

I'm only using BD and Kr right now.
Senka
How do I get the Weidu log?
It's in your main game directory. This is plain text-file. You can open it by any text-redactor, copy and paste here
After the speech with Frida he loads the wrong speech after and then I get stuck.

Your installation is not clean I afraid. Was Keldorn kidnapped by Bodhi?
But wait for Vlad
mystymoo
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ]Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for SoA-ToB, v1.74 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #2 // Core Baldurdash Fixes (by Kevin Dorner)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #11 // Additional fixes for v1.73 (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #15 // Third Path (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #26 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU (by Kevin Dorner)
~SETUP-KELDORNV101.TP2~ #0 #0 // Keldorn Romance v1.01
~SETUP-KELDORNV101.TP2~ #0 #1 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.

This is the only Weidu log I could find

This is the image of the chat with Elhan - It's no big deal - It just cuts the conversation over, I kind of just wanted to give him the finger for not being helpful

http://i.imgur.com/2AQBwHf.jpg

This is the chat getting stuck in Keldorns home - This is an absolutely clean install I swear to jesus, I can't get any cleaner than this sad.gif

http://i.imgur.com/dtAy0r9.jpg

Don't judge me for my character portrait pics..... *ahem*
Senka
This is the image of the chat with Elhan - It's no big deal - It just cuts the conversation over, I kind of just wanted to give him the finger for not being helpful
Ahem... How this possible?
Once again: your installation is not clean.

Yeah. This is right.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Mar 23 2016, 04:58 PM) *
Ahem... How this possible?
Once again: your installation is not clean.
Yeah. This is right.

It's honestly clean I installed a fresh game, put TOB patch,

BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH - This is the patch I used,

I even re-downloaded the mods incase they didn't download correctly

There's absolutely nothing I can think of, it was a fresh install sad.gif
mystymoo
Well I'm going to try my VERY last theory,

The only thing I haven't done is buy a new copy of the game - I'm literally whipping out the old 5disks and installing, so my final theory, because I honest to god have done clean installs there's NOTHING wrong on my end that I can think of,

so I just purchased a new digital copy of the game from GOG.com - That's honestly the only thing I can really think of because I cannot do a cleaner install than what I've done sad.gif
Senka
I played from disk-version and gog-version. All was ok smile.gif
This is some mess in your dialog.tlk So, mod is not install correctly.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Mar 23 2016, 05:54 PM) *
I played from disk-version and gog-version. All was ok smile.gif
This is some mess in your dialog.tlk So, mod is not install correctly.

Well I've reinstalled, this time with gog edition (Which is SO much faster than disks oh my god that was so worth $10)

There's NO way I could have messed this up - Installed GOG, installed Patch, just did BD, TS, KR (in that order)

Starting over again

Will check back, but there's no way I could have messed this up - This is pretty much my final attempt now sad.gif
mystymoo
Just want to confirm I should be using BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH -Patch NOT 26499 which was a Beta patch that was only intended to fix slow load times?
Senka
GOG version is already patched. No need to install it.
Senka
And please remove after installation BG2 from your game directory all files and directories ddravfix including weidu.log. Please look hear: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?...ost&p=53343
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Mar 23 2016, 06:29 PM) *
And please remove after installation BG2 from your game directory all files and directories ddravfix including weidu.log. Please look hear: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?...ost&p=53343

Done.

Will report back.

Senka
An please start new game.
Senka
And do not import your character from previous save. Generate new please smile.gif
Vlad
My first question: do you like the mod? biggrin.gif

Please install the whole BDash 1.74, I don't know which component may do the problems at the moment if you don't install it.

Installation should be as follows:

If GOG, then clean your directory from any garbage (see the screenshot) + BD 1.74 (full installation) + TS 7.05 + Keldorn 1.01

If discs, then SoA-ToB + official patch (ending with "8") + BD + TS + Keldorn

But I believe these are not the problems of the installation. Please when you have some problem like the one is Frida's dialogue, just report it at once and attach your saved game, so I can debug it here in my game if needed.

Good luck.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Vlad @ Mar 23 2016, 07:56 PM) *
My first question: do you like the mod? biggrin.gif

Please install the whole BDash 1.74, I don't know which component may do the problems at the moment if you don't install it.

Installation should be as follows:

If GOG, then clean your directory from any garbage (see the screenshot) + BD 1.74 (full installation) + TS 7.05 + Keldorn 1.01

If discs, then SoA-ToB + official patch (ending with "8") + BD + TS + Keldorn

But I believe these are not the problems of the installation. Please when you have some problem like the one is Frida's dialogue, just report it at once and attach your saved game, so I can debug it here in my game if needed.

Good luck.

It's amazing so far! (Little tiny bit cheesy but I love it!)

I'm starting over, brand new, fresh, even have a fresh character, no problems so far, wub.gif
Senka
bit cheesy

This is about items? We are munchkin you see... biggrin.gif
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Mar 23 2016, 10:18 PM) *
bit cheesy

This is about items? We are munchkin you see... biggrin.gif

The entire mod, so far (And I mean this as the biggest compliment) - Is like a Korean TV show drama - I absolutely adore it thumb.gif blush.gif

The dagger part, however, had me laughing so hard I think I hurt myself a bit
Senka

Why? smile.gif
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Mar 24 2016, 07:52 AM) *

Why? smile.gif

Because I completely overthought it, I went straight for "There's got to be a riddle!"

I walked around that whole room cursing you both, Darn this riddle! Read everything, reloaded, then finally just flat out asked the guy because I couldn't solve the "riddle"

and he's like "dude... just...stab yourself"

Senka
Well... these was an option to guess about "stab yourself". But engine doesn't allow this smile.gif As other things too.
Vlad
and he's like "dude... just...stab yourself"

laugh.gif

I think there are some BDash components which would cause this kind of problems if not installed. <-- This is about your previous installation problems.
mystymoo
I'm still having a small blip (or maybe it's not a blip) that Keldorn still does his vanilla speech of getting mad at Viconia and drops party and kills her
Senka
Hmmmm... I was sure this foolishness was deleted...
Waiting for Vlad' answer.
BTW I don't understand why you need Viconia.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Mar 28 2016, 09:02 PM) *
Hmmmm... I was sure this foolishness was deleted...
Waiting for Vlad' answer.
BTW I don't understand why you need Viconia.

Sentimental value

Was my grandfathers favorite character, he always had her, he passed away from cancer a few years ago - I always have her in party, strange sentimental thing
mystymoo
I should also mention, again, this might be a blip this might not be

Keldorn does the "I want to show you to my home" speech when we're out and about, and when I go to government district he brings it up again - It doesn't clash too badly, it just feels odd that my character goes "I DIDNT KNOW YOU LIVED HERE"

"Lady, I bought it up like...an hour ago, don't you remember?" (Is all I could think when that dialog came up) Is that dialog meant to come up ? Because I end up with two cases of "Keldorn wants to return home to wife and family" in my quest log.

Senka
Keldorn does the "I want to show you to my home" speech when we're out and about, and when I go to government district he brings it up again - It doesn't clash too badly, it just feels odd that my character goes "I DIDNT KNOW YOU LIVED HERE"

I know. You may go to government district in any time. And banter "I want to show you to my home" for those who still didn't start romance smile.gif Maybe we need to disable his original dialogue in government aria if he already invited PC.
mystymoo
So, same problem

Fresh install, played the game all over, get to the revive/wedding part, and it goes back to him rolling back to old dialog.

I'll upload a copy of my save and weidu log but honestly, it's broken, there's nothing I can do on my end to fix this sad.gif
mystymoo
https://www.mediafire.com/?2rzm38phkacr8eb (Quicksave, goes right to wedding part within like... 5 seconds of loading that save)

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for SoA-ToB, v1.74 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Monk Class (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #2 // Core Baldurdash Fixes (by Kevin Dorner)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #3 // MULTI-STRONGHOLDS (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #4 // RESTORED TWISTED RUNE QUEST (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #5 // RESTORED HINDO'S DOOM (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #6 // GRAND MASTERY FIX (by James Schumacher)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #7 // IMPROVED COPPER CORONET (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #8 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script (by Goeran Rimen)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #10 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues (by aVENGER)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #11 // Additional fixes for v1.73 (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #12 // Restored Anti-Dragon Items (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Character Nalia - Stats and Items (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #14 // Improved Character Aerie - Priest of Lathander (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #15 // Third Path (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #16 // Dressed Avatar Fix (by Galactygon)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #17 // Cromwell in Brynnlaw (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #19 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (by Vlad) (If you're going to install TS next, please install this component.)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #20 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen (by Vlad)
~SETUP-BDTOBV174.TP2~ #0 #26 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU (by Kevin Dorner)
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v7.05
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #1 // ANIMATIONS. Please don't install this component if you have already installed OR are going to install the NEVER ENDING JOURNEY 2.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #2 // GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE (GUI). This component adds new GUI to your original BG2. Please don't install this component if you have already installed OR are going to install the NEVER ENDING JOURNEY 2.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.
~SETUP-KELDORNV101.TP2~ #0 #0 // Keldorn Romance v1.01
~SETUP-KELDORNV101.TP2~ #0 #1 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.

This is my 4th try since the 28th going through the game with a brand new install, always get stuck at this point.

I get one of two errors

1) speech about dark pantheon ectect heritage
2) This drow better GTFO the party

Then stuck for eternity
Senka

1. This is due to Vicci - vanilla you see. But if you remove her then other vanilla dialogue is occur.
2. What do you mean?

My friend is in TOB already. He hasn't any problems with walkthrough.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Mar 31 2016, 08:27 AM) *

1. This is due to Vicci - vanilla you see. But if you remove her then other vanilla dialogue is occur.
2. What do you mean?

My friend is in TOB already. He hasn't any problems with walkthrough.

1) he will do dark pantheon speech if I kick vicci out
2) if I keep vicci he does his "this drow has to leave" speech.

I thought of kicking vicci out so that I might bypass it but it didn't work as he just did dark pantheon speech instead

I can't really think what else to do. If you want me to send you any other files from my game folder I can. But this is a fresh install perfectly installed mods. Even a new digitally purchased copy of the game. I've taken the blame for about 15 games now. And it always breaks at this point. I can't really think of anything else I can do on my end
Senka
Only Vlad can help you. So wait...
Senka
I'd need to ask: are you cheating in your game? Why your party has only 11-12 levels after whole SoA? Why your items are not identified? Because your bug is in your save. Installation and Windows version are not guilty I believe. You haven't Gorion'ring, you haven't a lot of items you had to. So... you lost essential LTs. Your romance is ruined.
Don't cheat.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Mar 31 2016, 12:49 PM) *
I'd need to ask: are you cheating in your game? Why your party has only 11-12 levels after whole SoA? Why your items are not identified? Because your bug is in your save. Installation and Windows version are not guilty I believe. You haven't Gorion'ring, you haven't a lot of items you had to. So... you lost essential LTs. Your romance is ruined.
Don't cheat.

Only in this one. Only with ctrl+y the others I did every quest. This was my final attempt going through. This time I did a b-line through trying to get through.

I can see if my recycle bin has another save where I played all the way through. This one I will confess to rushing but all the others were honestly played with same issue.
Senka
Why you so hurry?
Senka
Vlad said: Rest often, particularly after Spellhold. Because variables will be set. There are some LTs after Spellhold. Please, don't cheat.
I think you can install happy-party-option from TweakPack if you want keep Vicci. But don't install others.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.