Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Keldorn NPC
Pages: 1, 2
mystymoo
My partner wanted me to ask, since he has been watching me play.

Could an issue be caused with me walking away from the PC and not pausing?

When the kids start fighting/needing me, I typically walk away from the game, and it leaves the game running (ingame time/real timers). Sometimes I can be leaving the PC for up to an hour parenting before I get back, he was wondering if letting these timers tick on and not pausing when I'm not here and doing anything might be messing things up?

I rest all the time, I was actually surprised I never got anything,

Also is Keldorn supposed to say *anything* during his cult of beholder quest? I find it odd I'll do that entire quest and he doesn't say anything. He only speaks when we leave the dungeon entirely.

Senka
Timer is exist but not constantly, not an every event.
When the kids start fighting/needing me, I typically walk away from the game, and it leaves the game running (ingame time/real timers). Sometimes I can be leaving the PC for up to an hour parenting before I get back, he was wondering if letting these timers tick on and not pausing when I'm not here and doing anything might be messing things up?
I don't know. Never do such things, always press space.
I rest all the time, I was actually surprised I never got anything,

In vanilla all NPC are complaining smile.gif
Also is Keldorn supposed to say *anything* during his cult of beholder quest?

This is not his quest. So - no.
Vlad
I need to take a look into your save and variables there. We've never had this kind of problem, but maybe you found something in your particular party configuration.

Regarding Viconia - I cannot help. First, this is original plot and I don't want to change it. Second, it makes a very sense to me that he indeed hates the drow and wants to get rid of her. No matter, she's your favourite character. She's just antagonistic to everything Keldorn represents and believes. This is what I really like in modding. We can make our heroes act as they think proper, not as we want. In fact, I'm now introducing this "independent thinking" and "independent acting" of NPCs in NeJ3. So, I'd advise to leave Viconia to her fate in your play with Keldorn, as he asks you. Really, he tells you that he will leave the group, you say no and join the drow, now what do you expect that he will like you and stay in the group with the drow? It shouldn't work this way.

Other than that, I'll take a look into your save game tonight.

Maybe we need to post a walkthrough.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Vlad @ Apr 1 2016, 07:26 AM) *
I need to take a look into your save and variables there. We've never had this kind of problem, but maybe you found something in your particular party configuration.

Regarding Viconia - I cannot help. First, this is original plot and I don't want to change it. Second, it makes a very sense to me that he indeed hates the drow and wants to get rid of her. No matter, she's your favourite character. She's just antagonistic to everything Keldorn represents and believes. This is what I really like in modding. We can make our heroes act as they think proper, not as we want. In fact, I'm now introducing this "independent thinking" and "independent acting" of NPCs in NeJ3. So, I'd advise to leave Viconia to her fate in your play with Keldorn, as he asks you. Really, he tells you that he will leave the group, you say no and join the drow, now what do you expect that he will like you and stay in the group with the drow? It shouldn't work this way.

Other than that, I'll take a look into your save game tonight.

Maybe we need to post a walkthrough.

I had this theory too, so I am doing a slow playthrough again without her (Going to miss her though sad.gif )

Walkthroughs are always nice!
Senka

Well... you can always ask! wink.gif
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Apr 1 2016, 01:09 PM) *

Well... you can always ask! wink.gif

help.gif I would love a walkthrough (if/when you guys get a spare moment) If only to see if I am missing something blatantly obvious which might be hiccuping my game.

Doing a new playthrough without Viconia, hoping to see if that fixes anything
Vlad
Not sure.

Did you find Leona's ring? Keldorn told you to check the loft in the docks area after his conversation with Bylanna. Did you go there?
Vlad
I found the problem in your game. It was easier than I thought.

You had the last talk with Keldorn in Spellhold after joining Imoen, when PC steps on the stairs:

"Again you sacrificed yourself, this time for the sake of your sister. My friend, I beg you, please rest."

This was your actually last love talk marked by his local variable "VP_LoveTalk" which was set to 25. It is in your save, so no doubts.

In order to move to the next value of "VP_LoveTalk" = 26, you were supposed to come to Brynnlaw after the Spellhold. However, you didn't do that, and the running variable of love talks was stopped. Please come to Brynnlaw area after the Spellhold, and everything will be okay.

Good luck.

[EDIT] And don't keep Viconia/ The problem is that I've introduced the Happy NPCs patch in Baldurdash, so this dialogue about how bad is having Viconia will be popped in once in a while which is incorrect behaviour.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Vlad @ Apr 1 2016, 07:38 PM) *
I found the problem in your game. It was easier than I thought.

You had the last talk with Keldorn in Spellhold after joining Imoen, when PC steps on the stairs:

"Again you sacrificed yourself, this time for the sake of your sister. My friend, I beg you, please rest."

This was your actually last love talk marked by his local variable "VP_LoveTalk" which was set to 25. It is in your save, so no doubts.

In order to move to the next value of "VP_LoveTalk" = 26, you were supposed to come to Brynnlaw after the Spellhold. However, you didn't do that, and the running variable of love talks was stopped. Please come to Brynnlaw area after the Spellhold, and everything will be okay.

Good luck.

[EDIT] And don't keep Viconia/ The problem is that I've introduced the Happy NPCs patch in Baldurdash, so this dialogue about how bad is having Viconia will be popped in once in a while which is incorrect behaviour.

Oh yay! I will do that this round. I never usually take Saemon up on his offer which is why I tend to skip back
Senka
This mod has a scenario. If you missed one of the LT, your romance will be ruined. Sorry but to play original plot is necessary ))))

And don't keep Viconia/ The problem is that I've introduced the Happy NPCs patch in Baldurdash, so this dialogue about how bad is having Viconia will be popped in once in a while which is incorrect behaviour.

As I remember in Happy-Party fighting dialogue never pop-up smile.gif As is in pare Keldorn-Edwin too. This is why I wrote banters for evil characters smile.gif
Vlad
In my patch it still pop ups. It's specific for Shar-Teel, you know.
Senka
I mean Happy-Party from BG2TweakPack
Shar-Teel... she is good girl. But evil ))))
Vlad
Mystymoo, by the way, if you come back to Brynnlaw, you may find Cromwell at the smithy place.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Senka @ Apr 1 2016, 08:04 PM) *
This mod has a scenario. If you missed one of the LT, your romance will be ruined. Sorry but to play original plot is necessary ))))

And don't keep Viconia/ The problem is that I've introduced the Happy NPCs patch in Baldurdash, so this dialogue about how bad is having Viconia will be popped in once in a while which is incorrect behaviour.

As I remember in Happy-Party fighting dialogue never pop-up smile.gif As is in pare Keldorn-Edwin too. This is why I wrote banters for evil characters smile.gif

Those banters DID come up, he even had his whole "Maybe drows aren't so bad" talk with her during the chat with Prelate.

The Drow issue was so intermittent, I had one gameplay it didn't come up until the part that I just showed you in my savegame.

I had another play through where it showed up just randomly out of nowhere. Although it WAS fixed by kicking her and reinviting her and he never mentioned it again.

I am playing without her this round, I kept her long enough to save her, do Arnise keep with her, and then I left her there,

In my RPG mind I left her in a beautiful castle to retire. blush.gif
Vlad
In my RPG mind I left her in a beautiful castle to retire. blush.gif

thumb.gif
mystymoo
Pleased to report, zero problems since having Viconia take her vacation, and making sure I hit Brynnlaw after Spellhold

On TOB now, beer.gif
Senka
Good smile.gif
My friend finished TOB and I will send my report to Vlad.
mystymoo
The *only* thing I didn't find, and this could be my own incompetence is Gorions ring - I only knew of it because you mentioned I didn't have it.

I did pretty much all quests - I was SURE the harpers building or Firekragg would have it, I ripped those places apart like you would if you lost your car keys and had a work meeting, but I never found it.

The only other place I thought it could be was Irenicus' dungeon, but I never did find it.

Maybe this is a walkthrough thing and I just missed something blatantly obvious, (I have a newborn, blatantly obvious things do go over my head at times) I'm not sure - I did pretty much every quest. I even forced my butt to do Planar Sphere - I hate Planar Sphere,

But yea, I never found Gorions ring (Again, only knew it existed because you mentioned it).

Also had a problem getting the Dennis scene to go. I might not have found all the letters, I think I found 4 total? (But this seems to be a bonus scene rather a necessity, and again, I probably just missed something blatantly obvious)

But otherwise, after dropping Viconia all glitches seemed to fix themselves, and I had no problem with LTs after Spellhold going to Brynnlaw.

Never thought I could blush at text blush.gif
Senka
As I said my mod has a strong scenario. After you left Spellhold and Slayer became Keldorn decided to save you from your destiny an any cost. Had you sleep-LT with Slayer, Torm and Kelemvor? Did you get journal entry about Keldorn intentions? This LT is very important. And after Underdark you need to go to Small Teath Pass. LT is started and your PC gave Gorions ring to Keldorn. Or she didn't.
If you didn't get this LT romance should be stalled. I believe we should add this ))))

I might not have found all the letters, I think I found 4 total?
3 or 5.
There are two possibilities to go to the war: through Leona ring or/and Dennis.

Never thought I could blush at text

Why? ))))
mystymoo
I got Slayer/Keldorn destiny journal "It started so well, but ended so sadly" - Yes I got that dream (I was waving imaginary cheerleader pompoms for Torm)

No I did *not* go to Small Teeth pass, so that'll explain that.

3 or 5.
There are two possibilities to go to the war: through Leona ring or/and Dennis.

That explains that then, I probably just waited too long then because I already had the ring.

Why? ))))

No idea, but I definitely blushed wub.gif
Senka
That explains that then, I probably just waited too long then because I already had the ring.
After you got Leona ring timer begin to tick )))))

No idea, but I definitely blushed

What exactly made you to blush? smile.gif
Vlad
I got Slayer/Keldorn destiny journal "It started so well, but ended so sadly"
Not sure that's the good course of action from the paladin's point of view. If you do sleep over with him (maybe this is in ToB already), things may become complicated in his paladin's mind. Senka will better comment here.

I think I've added this in the hint section. You may miss some important things, not the game breaking or anything like that but some important banters and the very good ring are definitely missed. So, you may wish to return to your save after leaving Underdark and repeat this.
Senka
ot sure that's the good course of action from the paladin's point of view.
This is about LT30 and dream. All ok smile.gif

I think I've added this in the hint section. You may miss some important things, not the game breaking or anything like that but some important banters and the very good ring are definitely missed. So, you may wish to return to your save after leaving Underdark and repeat this.

I insist if swimming LT is missing Romance should be stalled. Or... ok, go on. But without Gorion ring Keldorn cannot be resurrected. Sorry girls.
mystymoo
QUOTE(Vlad @ Apr 4 2016, 08:23 PM) *
I got Slayer/Keldorn destiny journal "It started so well, but ended so sadly"
Not sure that's the good course of action from the paladin's point of view. If you do sleep over with him (maybe this is in ToB already), things may become complicated in his paladin's mind. Senka will better comment here.

Lucky for me, I saved like a crazy person this play through so that if I had any hiccups I didn't have to play through all over again

*waves invisible pompoms*

Senka
Usually I have more than 20 saves wink.gif
Austin87
Hello! The link to download the mod has died and is no longer active.
Would you mind if I try to separate it from the "Vlad's Compilation" assembly and adapt it for the EE version?
Senka
Honestly KR needs BDWeiDU that incorporated in VC. If you can adapt the mod for EE, I will greet you, because my friends switched to EE long ago and cannot try Keldorn
Now Vlad is working on a new version, so please ask him smile.gif
Austin87
Thank you very much for your answer! I could try to make the adaptation for EE itself, but for this, first we need to separate KR from the assembly. As I understand it, in this section of the forum there was previously a link to such a separate version, but now it is inactive. Since a new version is planned, I will wait for what Vlad says so as not to take on unnecessary work. It is all the more possible that he is against the separation of this mod and its adaptation.
Vlad
I'm not against. But the standalone version is old. It will take time to separate the new version from the Compilation and I'm not sure I have this time.
Senka
Can you convert the whole VC? Many players love TS and they will be very grateful I believe )
Austin87
QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 2 2020, 09:49 PM) *
Can you convert the whole VC? Many players love TS and they will be very grateful I believe )
This is a lot of work and a lot of difficult moments. To do this, the mod must at least be completely traified, since its EE-version uses a different text encoding (UTF) and I need to add an automatic transcoder, but it only works with tra. And now there are text lines in the TP2-file and .d-files. It will also be necessary to remove the mod's dependence on Baldurdash - here I will need the help of programmers from our forum Arcanecoast. I could do the rest of the work myself.

In general, if it is possible to separate the Keldorn Romance from the assembly or upgrade that legacy standalone version to a new one, then the chance of its adaptation is high. And as regards a complete assembly, everything is more difficult.
Senka
It will also be necessary to remove the mod's dependence on Baldurdash

BD has a lot of fixes so KR will not work without this.
And if you from Arcanecoast you know Badgert I believe. Ask him about traified wink.gif
Austin87
QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 3 2020, 11:05 AM) *
BD has a lot of fixes so KR will not work without this.
Yes, but the EE version already includes all the edits from Baldurdash and BG2 Fixpack by default and in an improved form, installing the old Baldurdash files from the mod is guaranteed to cause bugs and problems. Therefore, in case of EE-adaptation, it must be deleted.

Badgert, unfortunately, has not appeared on Russian forums for many years and has completely retired. But we have a lot of new translators and modders, the forum is very active, and after the release of BG3, new people will surely come. I can try to cope with traify-cation myself, for this there is an excellent utility "Traify Tool" (link)smile.gif But the question with Baldurdash still remains the main one. And in the case of the KR, if it can be separated from the assembly, everything will be easier, since it has already been traifyed, as far as I have seen.
Senka
Yes, but the EE version already includes all the edits from Baldurdash and BG2 Fixpack by default and in an improved form
Awwww... Fixpack is NOT working with our mods. )))) See, it will be more problems...
installing the old Baldurdash files from the mod is guaranteed to cause bugs and problems.

We work with BDWeiDU. Not with old BD. This one http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showforum=115
and after the release of BG3, new people will surely come.
I strongly doubt about this hahaha )))))

Badgert, unfortunately, has not appeared on Russian forums for many years and has completely retired.

I contacted with him by e-mail and we did some effort to do Russian version. As I remember he had TS partially translated (one of old version).
Vlad
BD that you mean is not the same BD-WeiDU that is in the compilation. Most of the known bugs are fixed there. Fixpack has its own fixes of the same or similar bugs. Our BD-WeiDU includes much more than mere fixes. There are additional features and enhancements and makes all my mods compatible with each other. Therefore, if KR is separated from TS, it is separated with all these files together, which can be troublesome as you mentioned.
Austin87
QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 3 2020, 12:31 PM) *
and after the release of BG3, new people will surely come.
I strongly doubt about this hahaha )))))

If the game is more or less successful, then it is quite possible. Practice shows that fans of new games often become interested in old games in the series - this was the case with Fallout, The Witcher. But even if not, the current activity on the forum is almost the same as it was even in the old golden days smile.gif The Russian community is now on the rise)

Badgert, unfortunately, has not appeared on Russian forums for many years and has completely retired.

I contacted with him by e-mail and we did some effort to do Russian version. As I remember he had TS partially translated (one of old version).
How long has it been? It hasn't been online in over 10 years. Now he obviously won't help. As for the Tortured Souls mod - version 6.10 has been completely translated into Russian: link, but newer versions remain without translation.
Senka
How long has it been?
4 years ago
As for the Tortured Souls mod - version 6.10 has been completely translated into Russian: link, but newer versions remain without translation.

Text itself didn't change and as I remember Badgert said - this is not a problem to update it. But if you want to translate you need to ask Vlad for permission. And do not translate Keldorn: I wrote it in russian. Don't want to see "double translation" )))
Austin87
QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 3 2020, 03:33 PM) *
And do not translate Keldorn: I wrote it in russian. Don't want to see "double translation" )))
OK smile.gif Do you have the original Russian texts? In case we can still separate it from the assembly and adapt it?

As for the TS, of course, we will not do anything without Vlad's permission.
Senka
Yes of course. But I strongly doubt it would be separated
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Austin87
After consulting tipun, it was decided to leave this issue until better times, since many difficult points were revealed and the adaptation of the entire assembly would have taken a very long time sad.gif
If Vlad does publish a separate version of Keldorn Romance (it was previously uploaded, but outdated and the link died), then it will be possible to try to adapt it. But separating it from the assembly is now very problematic, and adapting the entire assembly is archly difficult.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.