Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is anybody out there?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Rjali NPC
Pages: 1, 2
nullset
This project is a solo effort, so there is nobody to banter with. I would appreciate comments from users. Love it? Hate it? Meh? Bugs? Suggestions? All good. Let me know that I'm not whistling in the wind.
ALIEN
Don't expect any feedback if you use dead forum (except for IA, NeJ and TS). Post you mod at official/SHS/G3 forums if you want to have more players/testers/feedback.
nullset
Thank you, ALIENQuake,

I have found SHS and G3 to be difficult to impossible to signup for, let alone register a mod. Guess I will stay here at BWL where the people are friendly and very helpful. Who knows? The site might rise again!

Ron
ALIEN
Are yo serious? What was impossible to put your registration details, answering anti-spam question here: http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app=cor...l§ion=register and upload you mod via "Upload File" button from "Downloads" tab? G3 registration is similar. People there are also very helpful and know IE engine (also new EE features and possibilities for modders) and new WeiDU very well. There are many people which preforming beta test for eg for Item revisions and Spell revision or for upcoming "Faiths and Powers" mod. If you want real feedback for you NPC, i suggest you to go where people are.
Ser_Elryk
QUOTE(nullset @ Dec 8 2015, 12:21 PM) *
This project is a solo effort, so there is nobody to banter with. I would appreciate comments from users. Love it? Hate it? Meh? Bugs? Suggestions? All good. Let me know that I'm not whistling in the wind.

Tried to send you a PM but don't know if it went through. The Black Wyrm hates me!
nullset
QUOTE(Ser_Elryk @ Dec 26 2015, 04:27 AM) *
QUOTE(nullset @ Dec 8 2015, 12:21 PM) *

Tried to send you a PM but don't know if it went through. The Black Wyrm hates me!

Hi! I got your message. Two of them, in fact. Or, actually, the same one twice. Finally: someone who has USED the mod. On your two points:

1) I will look into Dace and Isra. I thought I had found all the mods with a female NPC romancing a male PC. Good reason for having corespondents.

2) I really did try to get my mod registered with what I was told was The Bigg, and ran into instructions that were confusing and on a site (not sure whether it was SHS, G3 or BG) that you had to be either young with great hand/eye coordination or a computer with advanced AI to solve the I-am-a-real-person security measures. Black Wyrm loves me! Maybe because I speak a little Hungarian.

I am currently working on the next revision, which has some fixes for action delays and some minor stuff so is tentatively set to v4.2. If I add a couple more NPCs, I might bump that to v5.

Praise is nice, but I would really like to hear about WHAT it is you like/dislike about the mod as I have only suited myself in the design. Oh, yes. Are you aware the I also have an Eternal Imoen mod on Black Wyrm's Lair?
Ser_Elryk
Hi! I got your message. Two of them, in fact. Or, actually, the same one twice.
Sorry for the double PM. As I mentioned: TBW and I seemed to have a personality clash or something laugh.gif

1) I will look into Dace and Isra. I thought I had found all the mods with a female NPC romancing a male PC.

There is also Amber, who is fairly popular as well. I love both Dace and Isra so I really appreciate you looking into them =) Isra is a Chaotic Good Cavalier of Sune, and Dace is a tomboyish country-girl Bounty Hunter. But you'll read all about that once/if you research them.

2) I really did try to get my mod registered with what I was told was The Bigg, and ran into instructions that were confusing and on a site (not sure whether it was SHS, G3 or BG) that you had to be either young with great hand/eye coordination or a computer with advanced AI to solve the I-am-a-real-person security measures.
I strongly urge you to give it a try on SHS. Also there's a user called agb1 whom is very friendly, helpful, and tech-savvy who I correspond with frequently. I'm sure he'd be happy to help you with anything or at least point you in the right direction.

Praise is nice, but I would really like to hear about WHAT it is you like/dislike about the mod as I have only suited myself in the design.

I'm going to rip from T-Zero over on the G3 forums to answer this:

"There's something I've been pondering for a while, since I installed the BG series and played through it the umpteenth time. Pretty much as soon as the game was released, good hard-working modders gave us the ability to pursue all three of the vanilla romances at the same time. But something that always nagged at me was that, while the mechanics of the romances were tweaked to permit a harem, the story wasn't. It's bugged me enough that I felt I needed to post and ask if anyone's made a mod that took all three romances, made them available, and then dealt the the subject of having more than one lover... and those lovers interacting in such a way that polygamous love could follow?"

Finally: someone who has USED the mod
Are you aware the I also have an Eternal Imoen mod on Black Wyrm's Lair?

I think my response to these might be too long so I'm going to try and send you another PM regarding them smile.gif
Seewead
Hey nullset, thank you very much for your great work! I only registered here to tell you: I can't understand, why your mod is not sky-rocketing and downloaded thousands of times. Well, maybe it ist - it should anyway. thumb.gif

Keep up the great work, Rob
nullset
Thanx, Seewead. It is good to hear that someone is using the mod and likes it. Actually, I was quite impressed when the number of downloads went over 700.

I hope you saw my teaser for v6.0. Release is still a couple of months away, but I think you'll like the new stuff. Because you were so kind as to let me know that I am not programming in a void, here's another little titbit: Rjali mod and BG2EE NPCs who are romanced can be parked in the deArnise Keep, thus allowing more than 5 *RomanceActive=2's.

Gotta get back to work, or this thing will never get out.
Seewead
Wow - super-cool! cool.gif

You bring this game to a whole new era!

Seewead
Mmmm, uh. Now. The last hour I've been thinking. Turns out, I do have some questions for you. Maybe you would be so kind to help me out?

So, I was wondering: Uh, at least your readme made me wonder, just wanted to be sure, not to "nit pic" :-):
There is this thing with the version-numbers of the various NPC-mods. Is it compatible with / did you update to:

Imoen Romance Version 3.4 (it says: 2.4, 2.5 and 3 in your readme)
Tashia Remix 1.4 (it says 1.3 in the readme)
Fade 4.0 (it says 7.3b?)

I did'nt dare, did'nt try yet, did not want to break my game: So maybe I can ask you for help - can I use your mod with:

Imoen-friendship 2.2 as well?
http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/901-im...ndship-soa-tob/

Viconia-friendship 3.3?
http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/viconia

banter-pack version 14?
http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php...&Itemid=78/

romantic-encounters version 10?
http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?a...mp;showfile=931

flirt-pack 1.03?
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?board=8.0

iep-extended banters version 4.2?
http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/76...expansion-pack/

npc strongholds version 2.2?
http://www.gibberlings3.net/npcstrongholds/

And... well, in your first message in this thread you asked for suggestions. Please don't get me wrong, your work is amazing, there is nothing to critizise! At all!
Only thought, it might interest you: Here are some other female-romance-mods, that could be worth looking into in the future, if you're up for it:

Skie redone version 3.0
http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1005-skie-npc/

Alora for bg2 version 1.5
http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/inde...sa=view;down=25

Auren Aseph version 9
http://www.gibberlings3.net/auren/

Yasraena version 16
http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=18.0

Sarah version 4
http://www.gibberlings3.net/sarah/

Hey, I guess I did write too much. Didn' want to hassle you. rolleyes.gif If you ever find the time, I'd be delighted. Rob

nullset
Hi Rob (Seewead),

1) - Imoen Romance is still at 3.3. As far as I can find, there is no 3.4 yet. I expect that when there is, it should be compatable.
- The Tashia 1.3 was a typo. It should read 1.4.
- It is all very confusing but the Fade 4.0 *is* 7.3b.

2) - Don't know about the Imoen and Viconia Friendship mods. As they aren't romance mods, however, why would you want them in conjunction with Rjali?
- I am running my tests with Flirtpack 1.03 installed, so that is alright. (Mind you, I added flirts for Neera to that one for my own use. They are based heavily on Aerie, and I just don't feel right distributing that.)
- Don't know about NPC Strongholds. Let me know if it causes you issues, and I'll see what I can do.
- The banter packs and RE should be OK. I haven't used them because I have quite enough romance to be going on with. Especially with v6.0.

3) - Auren Aseph and Sarah only romance females. Rjali is haeterosexual only.
- Alora and Yasraena are not romance mods as far as I can tell, so no point me doing anything with them in the multiple romance mode.
- Skie is not so clear. I'll look into that one.

No, you did not write too much. I'm so relieved to hear from someone who is actually using the mod. You will have noticed in the readme that several of the NPC mods incorporated were done by request. I will see if Skie qualifies and, if she does, I just might squeak her into v6.0. I mean, it's already a monster, so why the hell not? It would put off the release date, but not as much as the three all new romances I am working on now.
Seewead
Good morning (well, in my time-frame anyway),

thanks for your fast reply, man! Cheers.

Didn't know, that Fade 7.3b equals Version 4 - how did you find out? But I know about Imoen romance version 3.4 - probably your have got it already, as you can find out in its reademe.
Turns out only the version number at the download-site wasn't changed and is stuck at 3.3.

In my eyes the imoen-friendship gives additional content that I like quite a lot. Anyway - I will give the mentioned mods a try in a future run.

Ah - I see, didn't know that. Sure, that makes sense.

By the way, have you took a look into the Kiara-Zaiya-Mod version 1.6.2? There is some optional tactical content I never used, but the romance could be worth to check it out.
http://gamingnerdsrus.co/forum/index.php?topic=269.0

So, I can hardly wait for your number 6.0! Awesome! thumb.gif But take your time, all good things do. See ya, Rob

Graoumf
If you want more feedbak on BWL forums, I guess you should make an announcement on Infinity Engine Modding News as others communities do (CoMTBG, G3 of course, PPG, SHS...).
nullset
Rob (Seewead),

1 - I found out about Fade by downloading the latest (v4.0) and looking at the .tp2. Thanx for the heads-up on Imoen Romance 3.4.
2 - I haven't (yet) provided an alternate track for an unromanced Imoen or Viconia. This could look a little silly in some of the multiple romance dialog.
3 - I'll have a look at Kiara.

Graoumf,

I'll look into the announcement thingie. Thank you.
nullset
Graoumf,

As usual, G3 is making it difficult to impossible for me to create an account. I have now officially given up on this site. I will browse it, but that is all.
Graoumf
I think you should contact Mike1072 or CamDawg by pm (you can find them on SHS, PPG, even here I guess).
nullset
Sorry @Graoumf

I have been through this with G3 several times before. I have a mod to work on and life is too short. I do not have the time for power games. I'll just stay over here and see who shows up for a game of street hockey. (metaphor)
Graoumf
You misunderstood.
CamDawg and Mike1072 are admins on G3, and could fix your problem of G3 registration. Your reaction is strange since I told you to pm them here on BWL.

If you don't want to register on G3, then you couldn't post an Infinity Engine news, and then you will have a few people who will play your mod.
Even Baronius posted news on G3, as this one: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25229; and he's still here.

Edit: don't be sorry, I haven't played to BG since... 6 years. My aim is only to give you a clue to increase the number of players of your mod, and so feedback, which is the purpose of your topic. Well, it's up to you.
nullset
OK Graoumf, you big bully. I have PMed CamDawg. Now we shall see what we shall see.
Seewead
@nullset: I just wanted to take the time an tell you (again): Your mod is so impressive - wow! I love it. wub.gif I played the game a couple of times, but with the help of your mod the feeling really changed quite a bit.

It is all so well written, both of them, the dialogues and the scripts. The latter I do only know, because I haven't come across any bugs yet! Well, of course, I had some isolated minor problems in my run so far. But as far as I can tell, they were related to other mods. And the only thing that one could feeld as missing (if I may be so bold), you've already fixed for your next version: the ability to let a love one wait in the keep. Awesome!

No, come to think of it, I missed another tiny bit: Aye, you can call me selfish & unsatiable, but I quite couldn't stand the fact, that the special group experience seems to be an one-time-happening. sad.gif At least until now it has been for me. Don't get me wrong, but the game can last a long time, especially with a few content-adding-mods. And when I pay a visit to my new home, the keep, I'd like it to be an relaxing, home-coming-experience and a special occasion. That would mean much for me.

By the way: May I continue my proposition of other romance-mods? I hope you know, how terrible I would feel, if you would take that as critizism towards your mod. Just thought, you'd be interested if you should find the time. There is only one I didn't mention before, in fact I'm trying it out in my present run of the game: Petsy Chattertone Version 3.1 ( http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/inde...a=view;down=146 ). And I have to admit, that I really grew quite fond of her. Of course she is a cute halfling, so some people might decline this possibility. But I don't feel any racial borders for my personal interest in this loveable girl who makes you smile so often.

To try it out, I only had to make a tiny change in the file "L3Petsy". Here is the original code I mean:

IF
InParty(Myself)
Global("P3PetsyQuest","GLOBAL",20)
!Global("L3PetsyNormal","GLOBAL",3)
Global("L3PetsyMatch","GLOBAL",0)
Global("L3PetsyRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)
Gender(Player1,MALE)
OR(4)
Race(Player1,DWARF)
Race(Player1,HALFLING)
Race(Player1,GNOME)
Race(player1,HUMAN)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("L3PetsyMatch","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("L3PetsyRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
RealSetGlobalTimer("L3PetsyRomanceTime","GLOBAL",1500)
END

Hey, please don't feel hassled. I know you are already working hard on the next version with a lot of ideas. So these ideas of mine must probably feel as untimely as possible. Just disregard them. The important part for me is to say: Thank you, great work. Rob

nullset
Thank you, Seewead.

As you say, I am really busy at the moment getting v6.0 up, but your ideas are welcome. I will definitely look into Patsy Chatterbone. As to more group banters in the Keep, know that v6.0 will probably be released without all the banters and interjections that could be there. They will have to wait for a later release as I do not want to wait another year to get my new stuff out there.

Looks like I am living in the Neverending Story and I REALLY need a Luck Dragon!
Seewead
Can't wait for your 6.0, man! Keep it up! thumb.gif
nullset
Adding Petsy. Only parking BG2EE and PST NPCs. NPC mods have their agendas that I do not want to interrupt; gets way too complicated. Well, I broke down and added Branwen as she is fairly simple and as proof of concept. I need a runthrough with Petsy to iron out bugs. Then, one clean runthrough and release! Maybe another month. We'll see. Thanx again for the suggestions. Added dialog is just gonna have to wait for another release. Otherwise, this thing will sit on the shelf indefinitely: one never knows where to stop.
Seewead
Finally my weekend (gotta work a bit though), relaxing with my steaming mug of coffee, taking the occasional glance in your forum and what do I see? You're faster than light, man! I never would have expected this! No clue how you could be able to invent not one, but maybe even more (!) new romance-mods for the PST-girls in a matter of weeks! Awesome! thumb.gif What's your secret? biggrin.gif

No, honestly, I am quite excited about it. Got to tell you, that I plan to conclude my present run of the game (that I am enjoying a lot thanks to you) around end of june. I have already plans for another go, starting in the first week of august (a good deal of spare time coming up). I figure there will be all sorts of new stuff in your mod by then!

See ya!
nullset
Not weeks: months. The three-and-a-half PST romances were intended from the start of v6.0 development. They (and a few tricky little technical bits) were why v6.0 has taken so long. My first release (v3.something) took less time than this. As to new stuff, I'm not planning to add more from this point. I just want to get this out the door tested. That's enough to be going on with. I really appreciate your enthusiasm and patience.
Seewead
Greetings, oh hard-working modder happy.gif, I am still enjoying your work, very much so. The life of my little group is progressing really nice and though I am frequently regretting the fact, that the special group experience has been a one time-thingy, I do enjoy very much the fantasy-time your mod is creating. Your mod really does the difference! thumb.gif

As I probably told you some days ago I am already planning my next run in early august this year (hope to find a decent bit of sparetime that month). So here's the thing: Whom to take with me?

Gosh, not an easy one... But I thought to myself, that maybe you could give advice, at least share your experience. That would be great!

So far I've tried a Group of Rjali, Imoen, Nalia, Aerie & (so far not incorporated by your mod:) Petsy.

But there is Viconia, Saerileth, Branwen, Tashia, Ninde, Tyris, Yvette, Fade, Isra, Dace and Amber as well, right? And now you're maybe adding Petsy. Don't know if you could find some interest in Skie. But you already wrote, that the PST-girls (is it 3 more women?) are coming up too. You're not making this easy for me. biggrin.gif

Now, there is already a little help, because it seems in your next version 6.0 I would be able to "park" the orginal girls and the new PST-women (plus Branwen) in the keep. With this feature I don't have to rule these girls out, right? On the other hand I have been thinking: If I would change my team in that way more than a bit, my group will be constantly underpowered because of a lack of experience, won't they? To shuffle my team would be great - and very varied, but I will never be able to keep more than a few of them on an appropriate level to challenge the bad guys. So my problem remains - whom to take? blink.gif

Maybe you could share some experience. I am quite sure that everybody who uses your mod will have the same questions, more or less. It could be a great peace of advice, dunnow - maybe even in the readme of your mod. So which romance mods do you enjoy most? I realize that there is a subjective view to it, but I am sure everybody would be interest in yours. And: Are there any mods who work well together, even complement each other in some way? Or the contrary? What about Ninde? Isn't she evil or so? Will that be working out with the other girls? Or is that maybe especially interesting to have her around? Or is she rather boring? And what about Saerileth? I remember that mod, played it a couple of years ago. Exceptional well written. There was a lot of railroading though, if I remember correctly: You absolutely had to do what she wanted - or she was gone for good. In your readme it says: "Saerileth v18 (Yes, I know. But there is a rationale as you will see.)" - Well, what does that mean? Little help here, please. blush.gif And Tyris? I've never played her. In your readme it says: "Tyris Romance v7 (Again, I know. But: ve haf vays of making her stay.)". You think you could give just a little preview on the various girls? In the readme the comments on the other girls like Tashia ("Just 'cause I could"), Ninde ("Ditto"), Isra, Dace and Amber ("by request") gives me the impression that you don't like these very much. Correct? But maybe you enjoy Yvette and Fade? What do they have the other ones haven't? Which girls talk a lot? Which mods are fleshed out nicely? Which girls do have rather few lines to say? Which romance-mods have rather a teen-rating, which consist of mature content as well? Which girls can you marry? Have a baby with?

Another topic, if I may. I find myself having trouble to form a good first line during combat. Nearly all of the girls seem to be sweat, sensitive - and very fragile - spellcasters. Well that's nice, but whom do I give the role of a "tank" - if you get my meaning? In the run of the game I play at the moment I chose the class of a fighter/mage for my Player-Character. Well, - though I didn't plan this - he's forced to work in front of all the girls alright, but sometimes one (half-) sturdy person is just not enough. I wish I would at least have some girls for the second row. So obviously I chose the wrong women. Come to think of it - you think you could give Rjali another option for her class? Maybe some ranger, monk, multi-class fighter/something whatever. Uh - don't freak out. ohmy.gif Just ideas, man. You think some alternative would fit her?

Sorry to expect so many answers from you? Please don't feel obliged to answer them, keep up the great work, Seewead
nullset
As far as the underpowered thing goes, I use Rjali and Horace to buff the hell out of my party. I mean, my mages can take on a dragon single handed. I think I mentioned elsewhere that I enjoy killing things but am allergic to dying. I also cautioned that, if you enjoy struggle in your game play, not to use these features. So, I am not the person to ask about party members on the basis of power. As to Rjali, she is a multi-class Cleric/Thief (I got rid of the Sorcerer option), which is only slightly less than a Fighter/Thief. You can always use EEKeeper or Near Infinity to change the class to one of your own choosing. Same with attributes, plus the Rjali/Horace options.

The "by request" was a simple acknowledgement of input from someone else. Credit where credit is due, sort of thing. I enjoyed those mods quite well, although I was a little bored with Yvette. I will offer one spoiler: Saerileth has a habit of dying of a broken heart if you romance another after her; I provide her with a rationale for the group marriage thing via her god. Decide which NPCs you prefer for yourself. This runthrough (which will hopefully be the last before release), I am going with Rjali, Saerileth, Fade, Petsy, and Neera; having already parked Ravel, Annah, Grace, Viconia, Jaheira, Aerie, and Branwen in deArnise. I will probably park Neera before leaving Chapter 3, in order to pick up Yoshimo to be replaced by Imoen in Spellhold. Once Imoen is romanced, I plan to swap her for Neera for her cool quest in ToB. As to those other questions, you'll just have to play them and decide for yourself - or read the tra files to get a feel for the character.

I have taken your "returning home feeling" suggestion to heart. In the release AFTER v6.0, I plan to implement PID visit dialogues with parked NPCs. Haven't formulated a rational for another mass group dialogue, but I probably will once I have had a bit of a rest after v6.0.
Seewead
@nullset: Sure thing, of course I can change all the classes with EE-keeper. Could feel a bit like cheating though, if you can understand this. Same reason I didn't try out magic items provided by Horace. I enjoy a bit of a struggle at times. wacko.gif

Quote: "once I have had a bit of a rest after v6.0" - Hey man, you gonna need some serious relaxing after all the work you've done. Honestly! cool.gif I guess it is not too much to say that the extend and the content of your mod rivals any other there is.

Cheers for your insight, I'm thinking taking on Fade and Saerileth and enjoying all the new girls from PST! Still got to ponder a little bit.

See ya, Seewead
nullset
v6.0 is now released. And, yes, Skie is included. Enjoy!
Seewead
Dear nullset, don't know what to say! smile.gif

Thanks a lot for the version 6.0 - I guess it will become my favourite. Still I have to wait a bit. My next window of opportunity for another run should be early august (at least I hope so).

You should be proud of your work. It really is a splendid piece of craftmanship! And with the addition of the PST-girls and even Petsy and Skie you completed it even more. The catch of course: therefor the abundance of possible compositon of girl-teams will take me a couple of years to try them all out. biggrin.gif

Will give you feedback in a while, Seewead thumb.gif
nullset
Dear Seewead,

v6.1 is out with a couple of urgent fixes that I only caught while trying (unsuccessfully) to diagnose a problem that another user was having. Do you know if the GOG BG2EE download is different from the Beamdog? The install error message indicated that the 2000.ini file (animation control file for SIRINE) was not in the chitin.key. Could be that the user did not have the latest update. I seem to recall that, somewhere along the line, they changed handling of animations.

Currently working on v6.2. There is a problem if the Imoen Romance is not installed. Taking the opportunity to expand introductions to Imoen on rejoining in Spellhold. Not sure yet whether I'll call it at that or add a little content before v6.2 release. Depends on whether I get complaints, I suppose.
nullset
Thought you might want to know. In an earlier test run, I romanced and parked ALL of the parkable NPCs, by almost constantly setting the romance timers to zero via the CLUAConsole, doing only the minimum quests to achieve this end. I then added my three selections from the non-parkable NPCs. Why three? Because, when you go to rescue Imoen, you need a party slot so she can join. I took Yoshimo who leaves before gaining Imoen. Believe me, the SOA group banter in the deArnise Keep was a long one, having included the parked NPCs in the banter. I lose track of the numbers, but there were 13 or 14 involved. Just sayin'...
Seewead
Good morning, sorry for beeing in a haste, gotta go to keep my job angry.gif

But to the aspect of GOG / Beamdog I've found this one a couple of weeks before:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441...tcep-can-use/p1

Not sure if that is something you could use, I would need to read it more thoroughly - but I guess it is a start in revealing the mystery. wink.gif

See ya, Seewead

Edit: reading your posting again, you wrote a certain file was missing in the chitin.key, indicating that the chitin.key was found alright. Well, sorry, I guess I can be of no help at the moment. Gotta go, Rob
nullset
That's it, Seewead! Thanx a bundle. Who knew? I though all the various installs were the same, with some variation in the install/update/initiate infrastructure. Since I only work in the Beamdog environment, I was totally oblivious to this nonsense until you shoved it under my nose. Good to know, but it still stinks! At least, I have an explanation if/when I get more requests for help on installs of my mod.

Yes. This is it. Doing a GOG install, it would find the chitin.key. The above discussion seems to be mostly about getting resources INTO the chitin.key and the problem with their placement in GOG/Steam file structure. Now, there was a lot about Beamdog having distributed these resources in a zip. But, if I have this right, haven't GOG/Steam heard of unzip? I gather accusations are flying. Someone certainly didn't do their due diligence. Result: there are more than one engine install out there that are not mutually compatable from a modding standpoint.

I once got a game from Steam. The download was about twice as large as it needed to be (14BG), and the procedures were quite baroque. Never again. I will stick with the user-friendly world of Beamdog.
Seewead
Happy if you found out what this is all about - I haven't a clue for sure.

Now to something completely different: ph34r.gif

QUOTE(nullset @ Jun 5 2016, 03:35 PM) *
Not sure yet whether I'll call it at that or add a little content before v6.2 release. Depends on whether I get complaints, I suppose.

Complaints!!! Oh no, I wouldn't dream of it. Honestly.

Just one tiny remark as I was curious and glanced through your many files in version 6.1:

from your readme: "- Remove Bantergoose. Install it yourself if you so wish."
Little help here please: Now how do I do that? um... it's just that I don't want to miss anything :-).

See ya, Seewead
nullset
Just put up v6.2, which fixed a bug to do with NPC introductions to Imoen in Spellhold by rolling my own instead of trying to patch into the Imoen Romance stuff. By your request (or so I read it), I also re-instituted bantergoose. I searched for a downloadable copy, but it appears only to be imbedded in other mods.
Seewead
cheers man smile.gif
nullset
I had a couple of problems with v6.2 and updated it a couple of times. If you have problems with the install, try downloading it again and retry the install. That should fix it.
Northern Sky
So I really wanted to register and just say: Awesome - very cool mod.

Me and two friends of mine have discovered it some time ago and each of us installed it for the current run of the game. Gives the game a whole new aspect to enjoy.

Just great, man! thumb.gif

nullset
Thanx, Northern Sky. Always good to hear that someone is enjoying the mod. Currently working on v7.0 which will be the last except for bug fixes. Gonna move over and do the BGEE prequel.
Northern Sky
Hi nullset, browsing your forum I found this here:

QUOTE(nullset @ Jun 5 2016, 01:35 PM) *
Do you know if the GOG BG2EE download is different from the Beamdog? The install error message indicated that the 2000.ini file (animation control file for SIRINE) was not in the chitin.key. Could be that the user did not have the latest update. I seem to recall that, somewhere along the line, they changed handling of animations.

Well, turns out, I bought a stand-alone-version of bg2ee some time ago. Forgot the name of the distributor. Anyway: For this version there's (until now) no auto-updating as I have found out cruising the beamdog-forum. Patching manually would need a downloadable patch to install, which there isn't. In other words: I am stuck at patch 1.3, which came already with the game. Just saying in case you receive other calls for help.

I found out when I tried to install your latest version 6.2 - pretty much the same error-message (something about 2000.ini).

Not that it is that much of a problem. Me and my friends installed some earlier version of your mod which is apparently working fine with patch 1.3. And we still have way to go untill the game will be finished (got to work unfortunetly). But for the next run with your newest version, something I am already waiting for eagerly, I guess I will need to buy the game another time (steam? gog? beamdog? dunno).

Do you have an idea, if I could install a newer version of your mod: Would that break saves?

Thanks for your help, Northern Sky

Oh, nearly forgot - another question: You know, I have never played the TOB-part myself, don't know why, played SOA three times before, liked it quite a lot. Anyway, here's my spoiler-question: What about the keep in TOB? Will it still be accessible? I was wondering regarding parked women in the keep. Is this just SOA or will it continue in the future?

See ya!
nullset
The 2000.ini reference is introduced in v6 with the advent of the PST NPCs. It could very likely break saved games, although I dunno for certain.

As for getting another copy of the game, I have been on Beamdog from the beginning which is where the mod was developed. Steam seems to want take over the world, and GOG does funny things I don't understand.

TOB. The keep is accessible. In fact, quite a lot of plot takes place there. Talk with Horace. In ToB, he can take you nearly anyplace on the SoA map. Ladies parked in SoA are available in ToB.

In the next month or so, I will be releasing v7.0 which will be the last release for a long time (except for bug fixes). I am planning to move over to BGEE and develop the prequel to Rjali: the Jini Romance mod. If you have not played Rjali v6, you will not have encountered Jini yet, as she came in as part of the whole PST inclusions. I might come back to Rjali later as there is always content worth adding, but I want to do something really new for a change of pace.
Northern Sky
Ah, thanks a lot for the info smile.gif
Seewead
Hello nullset. I have a question about compatibily, if I may. There is this rather new mod I want to try out during my next run of the game:

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php...&Itemid=127

Do you know it already? Did you give it a look?

Supposedly it contains some addition to TOB including the keep. From the readme:

"You are the Child of Bhaal, and your journey is nearly complete. But after
you arrive to Amkethran, Nalia approaches you with distressing news. Her castle
is once again under attack, this time by demons, and her people are in danger."

Another part of the readme:

"Q: Is Reunion compatible with mod X?
A: It should work fine with other mods. I am using different area codes for
Nalia's Keep in ToB, so technically it should be compatible with anything."

So I was wondering: Will it break my game to install it in combination with your rjali-mod?

Can you help? Thanks a lot, seewead smile.gif

nullset
Dunno. Let me know how it works. It there are problems, I'll see what I can to do to fix them. Meanwhile, I have my own fish to fry. Good luck!
Seewead
@nullset: Yeah, guess I could try it out. Although I am a little apprehensive (aka: scared as hell) - don't want to break my game, you know. Especially the experience of your mod version 6.2 (or even 7.x).

So just to ask about this: The readme talks about using "different are codes" for the keep therefore eliminating compatibility-problems. Don't expect you to work on this, just an answer out of your head, so to speak: Does that makes any sense for you?

Thanks a lot for your help, Rob biggrin.gif
nullset
Sure does. Those are the files that establish an area. Use a different code, and you have a clone of an area which can be set up however you want it. I use them to set up new areas (well, borrowed...), but I can see how this would work, especially since the game itself uses this technique. The only problem that I can see would be if you were to use this new mod in conjunction with Rjali AND the Nalia Romance. Even there, I wouldn't really expect it to break the game. At worst, you would probably get two separate plot lines that don't make sense considered together. If that were the only problem, you handle it like the early (read: pre-Rjali) multiple romance by accepting that the two plots aren't reconcilable and by throwing up a mental firewall accepting the paradox. Since they insist that Nalia be in the party to trigger the plot, there should be no problem with her location as she is not parked.

I would actually be more worried about normal bugs, this being a v1.0 mod. They usually require some tuning to iron out the bugs. Ask any modder!

I make no recommendations and give no guarantees, but I am curious about how it works out, not having played any quest mods myself. Be brave. Put your own life in danger and let me know how it works out. If you can... smoke3.gif
Seewead
That's good advice indeed,

I will think about it - going kamikaze ph34r.gif or chick out ohmy.gif - that's the question.

Will need a few drinks to decide a fate of that gravity.

Thanks a lot for your help, Seewead

nullset
I just found a bug in parking across SoA/Tob boundaries. I have a fix but I want to clean it up a bit if possible. Seems the transition does not transition non-party NPCs. As I said, I am now able to do it, but so far it is a kludge. v7.0 will have the fix in some form or other.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.