Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA v7 & BG2 Enhanced Edition
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
lroumen
Hi all,

Long time since I was here. I have not been idle but at the same time I have had no time in my personal life to finish my last v5 game. It is with the vagrant party I never finished, but I should do alright now. I am at the end of SOA and I need to finish WK, but once you get past that it is not so far anymore.

Anyway, I was looking at v6 a while ago but then I also kept hearing that v7 is already on the way. I am not a big fan of mages and I do not intend to restart the vagrant party in v6, so I will wait for v7 to come out. Moreso, druids are amazing fun and it would be magnificent if they get more credits and tricks in the game so I am very curious what comes out of v7.

I do have three short questions.
- I could not find a v7 update thread. Is there any (ETA)?
- When the druid stronghold comes out, to which druids will it apply (e.g. also multi-dual class or to specific kit only?)
- Will IA become compatible with the BG2 Enhanced Edition? Or is it already and did I miss it?

Cheers!

lroumen
critto
> - I could not find a v7 update thread. Is there any (ETA)?
I think there was one in the fun club. There is not ETA. Unfortunately, I couldn't spend time on it for quite a while, RL as always. Eventually, I will get to it and we will dish something out, sooner or later.

> - When the druid stronghold comes out, to which druids will it apply (e.g. also multi-dual class or to specific kit only?)
It will work for all druid classes.

> - Will IA become compatible with the BG2 Enhanced Edition? Or is it already and did I miss it?
When BG2:EE was at patch 1.2 (I think), it wasn't. It did install with a few tweaks, but there was a global issue in BG2:EE with custom kits not being installed properly which affected all mods that do that. If they addressed the issue, one could try to install IA on BG2:EE (I managed successfully, but couldn't create any custom-kitted chars). I can't guarantee however, that some bug won't occur later on in the game, there were no proper playtests.
lroumen
Hi Critto,

Thanks for the responses. For me RL took over as well, so I have had almost no time to play around. But summer is upon us soon so I can enjoy the game once more. Given the news I think I will take my time finishing my v5 game and perhaps I will think about what kind of druid I would like to play in the future smile.gif
The Imp
QUOTE(critto @ Jun 6 2014, 03:07 PM) *
It did install with a few tweaks, but there was a global issue in BG2:EE with custom kits not being installed properly which affected all mods that do that. If they addressed the issue, one could try to install IA on BG2:EE (I managed successfully, but couldn't create any custom-kitted chars). I can't guarantee however, that some bug won't occur later on in the game, there were no proper playtests.
The kits can be properly installed with the latest weidu.exe (v23600) if you extend the .2da files with the "LAF fl#add_kit_ee" function shown here. Easy.
critto
> The kits can be properly installed with the latest weidu.exe (v23600) if you extend the .2da files with the "LAF fl#add_kit_ee" function shown here. Easy.
It could be tried, yeah. I do not know, however, how IA will install under lastest revisions of WeiDU. It had always been distributed with the classic Weimer's build of WeiDU. We never really did any installs or playtests with later versions.
The Imp
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 21 2014, 08:43 AM) *
> The kits can be properly installed with the latest weidu.exe (v23600) if you extend the .2da files with the "LAF fl#add_kit_ee" function shown here. Easy.
It could be tried, yeah. I do not know, however, how IA will install under lastest revisions of WeiDU. It had always been distributed with the classic Weimer's build of WeiDU. We never really did any installs or playtests with later versions.
If you really want to get stuck in the past, you could manually edit the .2da files ... but I would really not recommend that ! How, find out what the v23600 and the LAF function does to the .2da files when you install a component that has them and then don't use function... heh.

How well does the weidu.exe v23600 install the Improved Anvil v6 with the non EE BG2 with the v1.12 of the Baldurdash fixback ? Fine, just tried it, well yes, it won't open the readme file(well using a Windows 7, and D drive which doesn't have the Notepad installed in...), but does open the CMD.exe console... the new command is this:
README ~ImprovedAnvil/Improved Anvil_readme.txt~ , placed before the LANGUAGE ~~ tag, and hopefully you also include the VERSION ~v7~ -tag.
Really the only difference today is that the weidu.exe contains way more options than it did in the past, and it also contains the tiz-tis and ogg-wav handlers so the program is 3-4 times the old size.
And I suggest that you put the .tp2 file into the mods main folder, so there's no extra files...
Shadan
I am like Iroumen, long time since I've been here. Now I had a little inclination to play BG, so I started BG 1. Enhanced Edition, because I wanted some light game now. There is not too much new content in it, and in BG II. EE also as I read. There isn't any tactical challenge in both of them, which made me sad. I realized I would like to play V7 when it comes out, but sadly I don't want to play it with old BGII. EE has several user friendly features which I don't want to lose. Reload and zone transitions are instant for example, just to name the most important for me. In vanilla BG II. I had serious lag in battles with many visual effects, like mirror image, many or large creatures etc. It almost made my game unplayable in my former IA plays. I haven't tried this kind of battle yet in EE (there isn't any this kind of battle in BG I, it happens only BG II, mostly in ToB).
So all in all, I really hoppe V7 will be playable with Enhanced Edition. smile.gif
lambada
I got to ask, once more i guess.
Wether the mod developmnet is dead?
There is some info about druid stronghlold, before that v7 would be out few months after v6, then rl issues etc.
Krell
Most definitely, the v7 has been delayed because Sikret wants to eliminate all "cheesy" strategies shown in my v6 videos. As you all remember, it took him 2 more years than originally planned to develop v6 because of similar issues smile.gif
antizyclon
QUOTE(lambada @ Nov 9 2014, 09:23 PM) *
I got to ask, once more i guess.
Wether the mod developmnet is dead?
There is some info about druid stronghlold, before that v7 would be out few months after v6, then rl issues etc.

I am also curious about this question.
critto
Most definitely, the v7 has been delayed because Sikret wants to eliminate all "cheesy" strategies shown in my v6 videos. As you all remember, it took him 2 more years than originally planned to develop v6 because of similar issues

Relax, nobody cares about your videos.

The development of IAv7 kind of halted right now because of RL issues. We rarely get the chance to work on the mod right now. We do plan to release it but I can't give you any particular date guys, sorry. If someone wants to contribute some time on development, we can speed the things up. Otherwise, I can't make any particular promises.
critto
I've installed BG2EE on my Macbook and managed to port the IAv6. At the very least, it installs well. Right now I've fixed the custom kits so that they work with BG2EE. Anybody wanna give it a go?

I plan to give it a try in the near future myself. If everything goes well, I'll reanimate my IAv7 development files and continue working on the mod.

My time is limited, so if anybody wants to do some testing on how IA performs with EE, I'd appreciate it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.