Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warrior classes
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
mikel123
Hi - I'm brand new to this and reading the docs I have a few questions:

1) when you say the Sword of Judgment can only be gained if the protagonist is a "warrior", does this include Rangers and Paladins? Monks?

2) how late in the game is this sword able to be obtained? (I'm debating building my protagonist around using this, but if the last ingredient is not obtainable until you're basically at the Throne of Bhaal, it doesn't seem worth doing that)

3) I have heard that there is special logic in the enemies that detects certain class combinations like fighter/mage and takes action against them that it doesn't take against other classes (for example, automatically debuffing all of their protections immediately). Is this true?

Thanks for the insight, looking forward to this.
Sikret
Hi and welcome.

1- Yes

2- Yes, it is a TOB item

3- No, not really.

Actions are mostly taken against cheaters (not normal players). IA is sort of sensitive to cheats and if a player attempts cheating or using exploits and cheesy methods too often, the mod will start to punish him at some stages. If you are a normal player who doesn't actively look for cheats and exploits, you will be fine.
nicoper
QUOTE(mikel123 @ May 2 2013, 01:13 PM) *
3) I have heard that there is special logic in the enemies that detects certain class combinations like fighter/mage and takes action against them that it doesn't take against other classes (for example, automatically debuffing all of their protections immediately). Is this true?

Hi mikel23,

One thing about multiclass is that you have to ponder you will gain HLAs very late in the game.
Fighter/mage (which I tried once as party member) has no specific counter-measures as Sikret says, but mage protections (stoneskin, pfmw, ...) are usefull against less enemies than they were in IA V5 (still some enemies will be powerless against a multi F/M).
dual or single-class are much more efficient IMO.
mikel123
Thanks for the responses guys.

Nicoper, can you elaborate on "useful against less enemies"? Does this mean the enemies tend to have Carsomyr-type abilities (Dispel on hit) which would negate Stoneskin? Non-magic weapons (which would bypass PFMW)? Or something else entirely, that's introduced by IA?
nicoper
QUOTE(mikel123 @ May 2 2013, 02:03 PM) *
Thanks for the responses guys.

Nicoper, can you elaborate on "useful against less enemies"? Does this mean the enemies tend to have Carsomyr-type abilities (Dispel on hit) which would negate Stoneskin? Non-magic weapons (which would bypass PFMW)? Or something else entirely, that's introduced by IA?

I cannot say what those enemy use (I am no coder nor want to know about it wink.gif ).
Let's just say for example in V5 there were "some" type of golems that could be tanked with a mage under pfmw, stoneskin,Mirro image, now they dispel it (or some of it, don't remember exactly since I lost habit to try those) on strike or deal damage not blocked by those (elemental damage). Same can be said of many V6-only foes.
Another thing I let you discover is some kind of "silence" your F/M (any single/multi mage for that matter) won't be able to protect from, making them "useless" in close combat.
But let's be clear, there are many foes and circumstances where a pfmwed char is VERY useful wink.gif
Sikret
Not to mention a multi-class will miss loads of new content and new quests in the game.I don't see why someone should want to go for multi and lose all those new content added to the game.
mikel123
QUOTE(Sikret @ May 2 2013, 10:29 AM) *
Not to mention a multi-class will miss loads of new content and new quests in the game.I don't see why someone should want to go for multi and lose all those new content added to the game.

Well, that's a tautology, since you designed it that way.

Interesting that there's differences between protagonist and party members with respect to the enemy tactics. Thanks again!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.