Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Videos for the Old One fight
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Krell
Since the old topic was closed, I'd post how to find the videos here.

Side note: I won't participate in any accusations of my reports being true or false. I'm posting videos, and if that's not proof enough - anyone can try the same thing in an Anvil-modded game and see it really works.

Only the 36-lvl mage video has been uploaded so far, but am currently uploading the 26-lvl mage video as well. Both videos consist of 2 parts and can be found in YouTube using the 'Improved Anvil v6' search line in the search field. I don't think that commenting the videos here is a good idea, so I'd expect all comments in YouTube. Enjoy.

Side note: It takes a couple of hours for the new videos on YouTube to be recognized in the search engine. That's why if the 2nd part of the video is not shown yet in the search results, write me a PM and I will send you the direct link to it.

Edit: The 26th level mage video of 2 parts is also uploaded to YouTube, and can be found with the same search line as the other video: Improved Anvil v6. It will probably take 5-6 hours to appear in the search engine though, so if you want to watch it sooner, write me a PM to send you the direct link on YouTube.
nicoper
This will be my last post on the topic

@krell, watched your video (part 1); it just comforts me in what I stated earlier, your so-called tactic relies on:
cheat: just at the beginning, casting alacrity in dialogue with old one in sphere and exploiting the fact it is not dispelled when teleported is just cheat.
cheese/exploit:
- level 36 !!! (first you said Necro had to be level 31)
- Exploiting high level to dispel lichs with remove magic and your initial cheated alacrity,
- Exploiting "insane" to have summons dealing more damage (where is the challenge when enemy cannot hit you because you are too high level)
And you did not kill the grave liches with your mage the way I understood it, that is casting damaging spells and killing them that way! (summons did the job provided your ridiculously high level and exploit kept the liches at bay)

Sorry mate, have fun the way you want, but I personnaly do not consider your way of playing and your fight with old one (or other) as any noticeable achievement tactic-wise nor something Worth bragging on.
I am disapointed because I genuinely thought you had found a clever way to use some spells or some smart array in your spellbook and wanted to have constructive exchange with you on that but you just offered back a ludicrous handling of everything.

In fact, after all the countless hours you spent "investigating" exploits, cheese, fights, IA creatures, can you win any IA improved fight "legally"?

Side note, just to have some insight of what it means playing like you do, I Cluaed my necro to level 31 late chapter 3 (rest of party level 13-14). I won no reload on insane the following fights I am hard pressed to win "normally", namely: Firkraag, Samia&co, Umar, guarded compound in temple district (without corridor). I just felt stupid and bored.
Sikret
I believe any reasonable person who has seen those videos will agree with Nicoper's assessment and comments.

Topic closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.