Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about variables
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
TDouglas
I'm new to the modding community, so this is probably going to sound REALLY stupid, but...

I've been through the WeiDU documentation, and have looked around through different tutorials and such (both postings here and at other sites), and have one major question: Is there a listing somewhere of what global variables are set in the game? Hopefully with information on the conditions to use them?

My problem is with variables that (apparently) do much the same thing. A simple example is with variables use in dialog files: CD_STATE_NOTVALID, InParty(), IsValidForPartyDialog and others being used for the same purpose by different modders in their tutorials. I've seen some even use See().

Seems there would have to be a reference floating around somewhere that would define "hardcoded" variables like these and issue guidelines on when to use each, but damned if I can find it sad.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated smile.gif
Tervadh
I think what you want is the IESDP page on triggers. CD_STATE_NOTVALID is basically a custom IsValidForPartyDialogue since the latter doesn't always work.
TDouglas
Thanks for the help Tervadh!

I'd been looking in the Actions section ... figured since scripts used the same syntax as .d files I might be able to find the answer there. Most of whats in Triggers is still greek, but I'm (slowly) getting the hang of this mess smile.gif

Thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.