The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question about variables
TDouglas
post Jan 30 2010, 11:00 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

I'm new to the modding community, so this is probably going to sound REALLY stupid, but...

I've been through the WeiDU documentation, and have looked around through different tutorials and such (both postings here and at other sites), and have one major question: Is there a listing somewhere of what global variables are set in the game? Hopefully with information on the conditions to use them?

My problem is with variables that (apparently) do much the same thing. A simple example is with variables use in dialog files: CD_STATE_NOTVALID, InParty(), IsValidForPartyDialog and others being used for the same purpose by different modders in their tutorials. I've seen some even use See().

Seems there would have to be a reference floating around somewhere that would define "hardcoded" variables like these and issue guidelines on when to use each, but damned if I can find it sad.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Tervadh
post Jan 30 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

I think what you want is the IESDP page on triggers. CD_STATE_NOTVALID is basically a custom IsValidForPartyDialogue since the latter doesn't always work.

--------------------
"Humor is an affirmation of dignity, a declaration of man's superiority to all that befalls him." -Romain Gary, Promise at Dawn

Quote Post
TDouglas
post Jan 30 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

Thanks for the help Tervadh!

I'd been looking in the Actions section ... figured since scripts used the same syntax as .d files I might be able to find the answer there. Most of whats in Triggers is still greek, but I'm (slowly) getting the hang of this mess smile.gif

Thanks again.

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:08 PM