Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hotfixes for V5
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
thick3
Not sure which hotfixes go with v5, since it's not stickied, could somebody link me to them?

thx
lroumen
Point 6 in this thread.
Bullwinkle
Terrific. Now I have to restart my game.

Any particular reason why hotfixes for v5 would be buried in a v6 thread, rather than having a stickied thread of its own? Or put into the first post of the IA v5 bug thread (which would be a more logical location, and which is what I looked at)?
lroumen
Sorry, but that is not up to me smile.gif. I would have stickied less threads but stickied a v5 bugfixes thread, but okay. Something for the moderators to think about.

I've played the game with and without the hotfixes. It's not like the hotfixes make it any easier and the bugs are not really game-breaking to have to start a new game. You may not even notice most of the bugs them.

Sure it's a pity that Ray of Fragmentation does not effect all golems as it should, but you do not really need it that much.

If you are far into the game I would just continue to play it.
Bullwinkle
Sorry, Iroumen – my comment wasn’t directed at you specifically (but I can see why you though it was).

To anybody who knows – can the hotfixes be applied to a game in progress if the things they fix haven’t been encountered yet? I’m fairly early in Ch.2, so it’s quite possible I haven’t run into the issues yet.

And I still think the hotfixes should be place in a more intuitive thread. smile.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(Bullwinkle @ Jan 20 2010, 01:46 AM) *
can the hotfixes be applied to a game in progress if the things they fix haven’t been encountered yet?

Yes.
Sikret
I guess pinning this topic should do the job and players can now find the hotfixes quickly.
LoneRogue
Hey Sikret,

Would you be willing to put together a comprehensive IAv5 FixPack or something that would include all the current Hot Fixes? thumb.gif

Thank you,
LoneRogue
Sikret
Hi, LoneRogue!

QUOTE(LoneRogue @ Mar 24 2010, 11:57 AM) *
Would you be willing to put together a comprehensive IAv5 FixPack or something that would include all the current Hot Fixes? thumb.gif

That would be a good idea if v6 wasn't imminent. You won't need those fixes after installing IA v6.
Hoppy
QUOTE(Sikret @ Mar 24 2010, 05:11 AM) *
Hi, LoneRogue!

QUOTE(LoneRogue @ Mar 24 2010, 11:57 AM) *

That would be a good idea if v6 wasn't imminent. You won't need those fixes after installing IA v6.

Glad to hear IA6 is closing in to the finish line thumb.gif

I know LoneRogue likes to archive mods and any of their fixpacks so maybe that is one reason he requested an archive. I archive old mods/versions too so I would like one as well even though I will play IA6 when it ships out. wink.gif
lroumen
Same here, but I always keep the installer in a directory together with a short 'fixes' text file in there.
Anomaly
Where can we download the hotfixes for v5, since v6 is not generally available for everyone? The linked thread does not seem to have them anymore.
Sikret
The link in the 2nd post in this thread (see above) is still valid. You need to scroll down the page to get to item #6 on that page. Let me know if there is still a problem.
Anomaly
Thank you Sikret for your answer, I had in fact misunderstood the post and were looking at the #6 post (and also tried the #6 page as well). Sorry for the misunderstanding and good day to you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.