Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character creation
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Mjolnir88
What are people's thoughts regarding rolling and stat allocation for character creation. Do you roll and keep what they get, do you allow altering of rolled statss via the + & - keys in order to min/max, or are infinite re-rolls allowed?
lroumen
If I play vanilla, I don't normally reroll, but I do sometimes mid/max.

If I play a tactics mod, I reroll or mid/max certain stats.

And I mention mid/max because nothings gets put below 8, i.e. average.
Frazurblu
As this post is in IA I think you owe it to yourself to min/max. The benefits of high strength and constitution are invaluable in the early going.
Apsis
I doubt if anyone doesnt reallocate the stat points at any rate or else you would end up in inconsistent stats like fighters with 10 str etc. I, personally do not minimize certain stats to absolute minimum even in a heavily tactical game. In IA however you should take into account that several monsters (apart from illithid) will merrily drain your stats so be careful with your starting attributes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.