Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: urgent
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
drusilla520
I'm new to this mod but heard some good comments before so i thought to give it a try but due to its incompatible with others mods that i installed (Tactics, Ascension, oversight) so i didnt really install successfully so i thought i will save IA for my next game run but when i went to Sendai's enclave, those drows are hell lot tougher than before and took no damage from my spike and explode traps, and their bolts can actually stun opponents, i though its ok since they are not a big deal anyway until i found out my deva and planetar lost some of their spells (like symbol fear, and some mage spells they used to have) and some new creatures show up without names and such.
but i cant uninstall this mod cuz when i run set-up it only shows option "install" or "quit“ is that anyway i can fix those issues without uninstall the game ( i dont want to unsintall the game cuz i install so many mods)
Sikret
QUOTE(drusilla520 @ Nov 3 2009, 04:44 PM) *
but i cant uninstall this mod cuz when i run set-up it only shows option "install" or "quit“

The mod is not installed (it's already uninstalled).

is that anyway i can fix those issues without uninstall the game ( i dont want to unsintall the game cuz i install so many mods)

I think your best option is to return to a clean installation of the game (if you don't have a backup of the game, you will need to uninstall the game and install it afresh). It's not an IA problem anyway. This kind of issues aren't even compatibility problems. I guess you have installed/uninstalled mods while an editor such as Shadow Keeper had been running on your computer.
drusilla520
i know i didnt install correctly at first place but some items and creatures from IA mod stills shows in the game, but with a mess name or mess description of items
i didnt install the mod while editor runs on my computer
lroumen
This sounds like something from the Oversight mod if you ask me. It has a tougher Sendai component.
From the times I've combatted Sendai I can tell that this behaviour has nothing to do with IA.
Perhaps you forgot to uninstall Oversight?
drusilla520
i dont think its from oversight mod cuz last time i play oversight mod with insane difficult sendai's drows still easy to beat.
i think some even though i didnt install IA successfully but some contents still in my override folder (like some creatures immune to traps and some new enemies)
Sikret
A possibility is that one of your other mods has somehow halted IA's installation process midway. Some files have been copied into your override folder but the mod isn't eventually installed and that's why you can't uninstall (because it's not completely installed in the first place).

All in all, the game is corrupted in its current form. Uninstall everything and start from a clean installation of the game.
Vuki
You did not want to reinstall everything. Maybe an option could be that you install IA again and then uninstall it. Sikret, could it fix his problem (at least partially)?
Sikret
QUOTE(Vuki @ Nov 3 2009, 08:04 PM) *
You did not want to reinstall everything. Maybe an option could be that you install IA again and then uninstall it. Sikret, could it fix his problem (at least partially)?

It doesn't harm to give this a try; but my guess is that it won't solve his problem (the same cause which had prevented IA from being installed properly the previous time will most probably stop IA's installation again).
drusilla520
is that gonna help if i uninstall mods such as (Tactics, Ascension, oversight) then install IA again?
Sikret
QUOTE(drusilla520 @ Nov 3 2009, 08:42 PM) *
is that gonna help if i uninstall mods such as (Tactics, Ascension, oversight) then install IA again?

I'm not sure, give it a try if you want. There is no guarantee that uninstalling the mods (without uninstalling and installing the entire game) will undo the damages in your game.

This has more chance of success than Vuki's suggestion (though as I said, there is no guarantee).

However, even if it apparently fixes the most apparent problems you can never know that there is no hidden problem remained somewhere. You may start your IA game and then after several days of game-play find some problem which is the leftover of the corrupted installation. If I were you, I would go for doing a clean installation of the entire game.
drusilla520
thank u alot i think i will just uninstall the game like u said and then install IA follow the introduction of readme

but do u know if IA goes well with Morituri kit mod, tsujatha, yasraena, undying mod and kelsey mod?
Sikret
Kelsey NPC and Morituri kit are both incompatible with IA.

Yasraena, on the other hand, should work fine with IA (I'm not 100% sure though).

I don't know about those two other mods. I say don't install them; it's better be safe than sorry.

The installation instructions document is attached to the Readme thread in the forum.

EDIT: If you decide to install Yasraena, don't use her personal equipments (weapons etc) if she has any.
drusilla520
oh gosh i got so many mods installed which incompatible with IA
thanks alot I will just install IA mod with a clean game then
lroumen
I would back up the dialog.tlk, the chitin.key and the override folder (did I forget a file?) just after you have installed the game and patched it with the official patch.
That way if something goes wrong you can always put it all back and you have a fresh install.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.