Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Layene.
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
AndyHug
Hi.

First I'd like to say I'm really enjoying this mod. Keep up the good work!

I kind of have some problems with Layene in the Twisted Rune fight. My problem possibly has some spoilers..

SPOILER!
I just finished the twisted rune fight tonight (pretty fun fight to work out, and that time stop was hell to survive :>) but after killing everyone apart from Layene I just got stuck. She had thrown almost everything she had at me and just stood around invisible. I sort of remember from vanilla that she was re-equipping her staff to go invisible. Whenever Keldorn's True Seeing spell took effect she appeared for a split second and then vanished again. I'd used up every kind of illusion detection spell and item at my disposal and hadn't managed to kill her. I was waiting around so long even her super long SI spell wore off. I thought this would finally be where Jan's high skill in Detect Illusion would come in really handy but even that didn't work to dispel her invisibility.

Anyway I finally got her after a reload. I got to the same situation only this time I hadn't used any True Seeing spells during the fight; rather I'd saved them for when Layene was all alone and all her friends were dead. I swamped alll of my character around her and with fast pausing had everyone attack her whenever she became visible through true seeing. In the end she used up all her stonekins and died. But anyway, is it supposed to be like this? Surely Jan's detect illusion would dispel a simple invisibility spell? It's not like she was protected by SI:D or anything else for that matter.

Also I noticed that the first few times I tried this encounter I had more than 1 Twisted Golem come at me but the two times when I made it to just me and Layene only 1 Twisted Golem had spawned.

Also one more thing if you wouldn't mind helping. I've done everything I can think of pre-Suldanessellar apart from that ancient dragon in Wk and whatever else comes after him (the seal gardians and Demo iirc), but I haven't found the mage half of the judgement day thingy. My friend says I should have found it by now. Did I miss it? Is it it static loot or randomised?
critto
Also one more thing if you wouldn't mind helping. I've done everything I can think of pre-Suldanessellar apart from that ancient dragon in Wk and whatever else comes after him (the seal gardians and Demo iirc), but I haven't found the mage half of the judgement day thingy. My friend says I should have found it by now. Did I miss it? Is it it static loot or randomised?

If IIRC:
SPOILER!
ancient dragon has the mage half of the sword
Sikret
Hi, AndyHug!

What you reported about Layene is normal and an intended feature of the battle. Read the report of the battle in my v5 journal in the forum (the topic's title is 'Started a v5 game') to see possible ways to counter her invisibility tactics.

As a side note (and unlike what you wrote), she doesn't use her staff effectively in the vanilla game. It's just in IA that she uses the staff in that effective way during the battle.
AndyHug
Oh I see. Thanks. It's been a long time since I played BGII. I think I meant that I just remembered that it was possible to keep going invisible by re-equipping the staff. I can't actually remember if she used it effectively or not :>

Thanks for the info critto. I'll have to kill that thing now then. It's the only thing left xD
AndyHug
So I killed the Ancient Dragon and everything else in WK. I've also moved my game onto ToB but I still don't have the mage half of the judgement day essence. Any chance that it will drop for me somewhere in ToB, or have I missed it somehow?
Sikret
Have you installed the hotfixes? Their links can be found in the first post in "Progress Report for IA v6" topic.

What's your protagonist's class?
AndyHug
I just found the hotfix you were referring to and no I had not installed it. My protag is (was) a good aligned fighter (no kit) btw. I think I know the problem anyway. Stupidly I took some naughty choices in the tests in Hell and became evil without realising it. Jeez I have forgotten so many things about this game. That's probably why it didn't drop, as I no longer met the conditions for it. Oh well, it's no big deal, it just means I can spend the cash I make on other things. Thanks for the help! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.