Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The mystery of the third color
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
algroth
First off, this is the second time I'm playing this mod, I had originally given it a try a few years ago and found it, while incrediby tough, a nice challenged that upped the game plentifully for all of us seasoned players. Anyways, when I first met Amariel and started the quest of the "third color" back then, I was lucky enough to ask something as trivial as her brother's name, which therefore enabled the correct answer to appear among the options. I wasn't fortunate this time. What's worse, not only can I now not solve the quest, but I'm also unable to evade the automatically triggered dialogue, and so I'm forced to lose 2 reputation points in addition to the quest and whatever advantages solving it might have given me. The easiest way I found to evade this problem was through deleting the content in the "iammar.dlg" file, but I would've liked to be able to solve that quest regardless.

Just saying, it seems pretty broken to me that a question as seemingly trivial as asking the boy's name might define whether the quest may be solved or not, especially given that you only get to talk to Amariel once (she then disappears). Would it not be much better to either have Amariel tell you her brother's name in spite of asking, and/or include the correct choice among the dialogue options regardless of the previous dialogue with Amariel?

thumb.gif
Kerkes
Well.....if you want to search for someone, you SHOULD (imo) know his name, at least..... thumb.gif
algroth
Not if it's a human boy among a city of drows. biggrin.gif
Kerkes
He sees you like a drow, doesn't he? You might imagine he is scared and would not say his name to anyone, moreover to a drow who caught him in the first place... besides, he is cursed...makes sense to me
algroth
...Your point?

Regardless of that, I still think it's something that should be looked into, as that's an issue/detail you only learn to be crucial already when you can no longer do anything about it.
Sikret
QUOTE(algroth @ Sep 10 2009, 09:05 AM) *
that's an issue/detail you only learn to be crucial already when you can no longer do anything about it.

That's exactly the main point of this quest which makes it special and different. It's intentional, algroth!

Thanks for your posts, anyway. I hope you are enjoying the mod. Have fun.
algroth
QUOTE(Sikret @ Sep 10 2009, 04:43 AM) *
That's exactly the main point of this quest which makes it special and different. It's intentional, algroth!

Thanks for your posts, anyway. I hope you are enjoying the mod. Have fun.

Oh, alright... Eh, don't see the point to it, but I'd rather not get into a discussion about that. mellow.gif

Just wondering, though, what items did I miss by losing that quest?

As for the mod itself, ye, I'm enjoying it immensely. Just had an full-on 3-hour (that's right) massacre with Orcus, beat him and his 200+ lackeys to a pulp, although had to flee soon afterwards or else I would've been eaten alive by the completely invulnerable vampire brides (is that meant to happen?). Anyways, hardcore stuff, lots of fun. Cheers! thumb.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(algroth @ Sep 12 2009, 04:44 AM) *
As for the mod itself, ye, I'm enjoying it immensely.

I'm glad to hear that.

Just had an full-on 3-hour (that's right) massacre with Orcus, beat him and his 200+ lackeys to a pulp, although had to flee soon afterwards or else I would've been eaten alive by the completely invulnerable vampire brides (is that meant to happen?). Anyways, hardcore stuff, lots of fun. Cheers! thumb.gif

Vampire brides shouldn't be invulnerable. It's the first time I hear such a thing. Are you sure you haven't edited any creature or item using shadow keeper or some other editor in your game?
algroth
No, I don't use such programs. Maybe it might be due to some incompatibility with another mod?

What's strange is that not all of them were, just about a... fifth of them, or something. Dunno why it might have happened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.