Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back again
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Patrick_hindman
Hey guys its been a while since i've played, been pretty busy with uni and stuff but i just got started again and i want to create a fighter with only a single weapons style, I just want to know if the better criticals for the single weapon proficiency stack with the better criticals from the riskbreaker. and also i'm wondering where to install the file which lets me recruit back custom NPC's after theyve been imprisoned because the EOF one is not compatible with anvil.
Patrick_hindman
I would also like to know whether i should drop cernd for imoen.
right now this is my party composition.
Protag. necro
elf kensei
riskbreaker
nalia
cernd
anomen cleric

i was thinking of making a very offensive themed party with the inclusion of imoen, but i'm worried that my defensive capabilities will be lacking especially with the battle against dracolich with only anomen able to cast raise dead and death ward.
Raven
Perhaps you could drop Nalia from Imoen rather than Cernd? I personally prefer plenty of redundancy in the party with multiple divine and arcane casters so given the choice I wouldn't go with Anomen as my only divine caster.

About the Single Weapon Style for Riskbreakers - I believe Riskbreakers aren't able to put points in Single Weapon Style (or Two-Handed Weapon Style). So while their critical bonus applies to all weapons it can't be further improved.
Patrick_hindman
well i've just played through some parts of chapter two with the riskbreaker and he can put points in the single weapon proficiency, and it seems like it does stack though i cant see what rolls hes getting crits on since i forgot how to set it, but my party just beat the viper and i can tell you now he was getting critical strikes like crazy, i've never heard the character repeat the same line that much previously (i think he got around 3-4 crits in a row) when beating it down with an axe.
critto
well i've just played through some parts of chapter two with the riskbreaker and he can put points in the single weapon proficiency, and it seems like it does stack though i cant see what rolls hes getting crits on since i forgot how to set it, but my party just beat the viper and i can tell you now he was getting critical strikes like crazy, i've never heard the character repeat the same line that much previously (i think he got around 3-4 crits in a row) when beating it down with an axe.

You can enable to-hit messages in the "Gameplay / Feedback" section of the game options menu.
Raven
QUOTE(Patrick_hindman @ Jun 25 2009, 09:55 AM) *

In that case I suppose in v5 Riskbreakers could put points in Single Weapon Style. In v6 they can't.

You can turn on the 'to hit' rolls by going Options -> Gameplay -> Feedback -> To Hit Rolls.
Sikret
QUOTE(Patrick_hindman @ Jun 24 2009, 11:11 AM) *
and also i'm wondering where to install the file which lets me recruit back custom NPC's after theyve been imprisoned.

The link can be found in the first post of the "Progress report for IA v6" topic.

As for riskbreakers, like Raven said, they can't put proficiency points in single weapon or two handed weapon styles in IA v6. The new description of the kit can be found in the "Comments about Riskbreaker kit" topic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.