Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vista: game crashing issues
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Frazurblu
I just got a new computer and installed IA. After the patch I installed baldurdash fixpack , Ease of use , Tower of Deception, Dungeon be gone , Dungeon Crawl and lastly IA.
All went well until my 1st trip to the Docks. I had been to Umar , Windspear, Trademeet , Druid Grove , City gates , Government district and Slums. When I left the Slums to go to the Docks the game saved fine but when the load screen came up it only loaded 1/3 the way and then crashed giving me a message uncommon application , runtime error , contact manufacturer etc. Has anyone experienced this? I dont think it is related to dungeon crawl but I could be wrong. The only iffy component of Ease of Use I installed was the cloak of cheese animation remover (it just bugs me no end). Any help is appreciated.
Sikret
My guess is that even if you uninstall all of your mods, you will still have the same problem. Your game (BG2) is not installed properly. Try this:

1- Uninstall the entire game.
2- To install again, don't use the CD's autorun. Open it and use the installation file manually. Use it as adminstrator with compatibility with windows xp.
3- Don't install the game in the default directory it suggests; install it in a custom path you define.

As a side note, the cloak of Mirroring has been removed from the game by IA. That component of EoU is not recommended (though it has nothing to do with your current problems with Vista).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.