Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Few questions...
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Tower of Deception
ZFR
I just installed the Tower of Deception mod and have a few questions

1) Once I start this mod can I go back to Athkatla or is it one of those mods that you have to finish before you can return?

(assuming you cannot return...)

2) Can it mess the Anomen romance. I'm at this stage before he goes to the Saerkk estate and don't won't him to run away on me in the middle of the mod.

3) Can it mess the bard stronghold? I don't want the boy asking me to come to solve some problem and not be able to do it because I'm doing the mod.

4) How much cash will I need? Are there merchants? Again, I don't want to find this cool item to buy only to find out I can't afford it and can't go back to raise more money.

And just out of curiosity, why does the mod require ToB? Is it going to be continued in any way in the expansion?

TIA

Valiant
Hi ZFR, and welcome smile.gif

1) You must finish it, as you have assumed...

2) Tower Of Deception (TOD for short) won´t mess Anomen romance. In fact, it won´t mess any romance, because it has nothing to do with it. After all, almost all areas have a dungeon flag, so you shouldn´t seen any romance dialog (romance dialogs are not triggering in dungeon areas in general)

3) It won´t mess your bard strongohold. Again, it has nothing to do with...

4) There are no merchants in TOD. It´s just a quest mod similiar to some original BG2 without any merchants or PCs to hire...

And just out of curiousity, TOD need ToB due to used effects, animations and scripting... And if you install "Encounter with Ustrain" part of the mod, you´ll find a small addition later in the game...smile.gif Surprise, a bloody one...
ZFR
Thanks. thumb.gif

The reason I asked is because some of those bard stronghold quests are timed, and I didn't want them to go wrong.

I've finished the game tons of times, but this is the first time I'm running it with mods.

So I'll just finish off the Trademeet quests, and it's off to the ToD I go cool.gif
Valiant
The only reason TOD could ruin your bard stronghold is just due to time, as you can´t go back to Athkatla once you enter the tower...smile.gif
Ardanis
Speaking of which, both times it took me less than a day to beat, at lvl ~15-16 and no resting.
ZFR
Me liked. cool.gif

Very well made. The movie was cool thumb.gif . I liked Baolor's voice acting (who is it?).
Only thing is that the script for the ice/fire lizard caused them to almost always go after my main character (bard). Otherwise pretty nice mod. smile.gif

I can see now my initial questions were kind of silly blush.gif I just thought the in-game time needed to finish this mod might be longer..

Final question. I can't seem to do anything with the book, and I have the option of not giving it back to Tian. Will I gain anything if I decide to keep it?
I see the question was already asked here http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=3135
but that was for v2. Did anything change in v3?

EDIT: spelling
Valiant
Thanks, glad you liked it smile.gif

- Baloar´s voice is from IWD2 (can´t remmember the creature right now..)

- about lizard casters: that´s the point - to kill your main character, no?... wink.gif

- nothing has changed with book in V3. I have some plans with it (mainly to change it to something usable and useful + some quest about it)

- btw, if you have also installed Encounter with Ustrain, do not uninstall the mod after you return from the tower. Just wait until Suldanessenar.... A small surprise is waiting...
Daulmakan
QUOTE(Valiant @ Apr 18 2009, 02:39 PM) *
- nothing has changed with book in V3. I have some plans with it (mainly to change it to something usable and useful + some quest about it)

Cool. I'll be looking forward to it. cool.gif
Valiant
QUOTE(Daulmakan @ Apr 18 2009, 09:50 PM) *
QUOTE(Valiant @ Apr 18 2009, 02:39 PM) *

Cool. I'll be looking forward to it. cool.gif

Any ideas are welcomed. Via PM. Thanks to all...smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.