Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you find 2e rules in BG2 restrictive, and how do you get around them?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Mongerman
As per topic. Why are there so many restrictions? Here are some of the restrictions I find silly, and use SK/mods to get around (not in IA though)

Race restriction on classes and dual/multi classing - don't think i need to elaborate on that

Multi class fighters limited to 2 * in proficiencies - way I see it, each * is like a year in training, so how the fighter plans to place the * is totally up to him.

No kits in multi-classing - a kit brings it's own disadvantages to a multi-class as well, so why is it not allowed? (barring using UAI on a kensai/thief)

What do you guys think?
Sikret
QUOTE(Mongerman @ Mar 29 2009, 02:59 PM) *
Multi class fighters limited to 2 * in proficiencies

That's because a multi-class fighter divides his concentration between learning the expertise of two or three different classes and can't be as good as a single-class fighter in melee.

No kits in multi-classing - a kit brings it's own disadvantages to a multi-class as well, so why is it not allowed?

It's true that a kit also brings its disadvantages with itself, but:

(1) A multi-class character's second class will usually have abilities to compensate those disadvantages and then they are practically the advantages which will speak.

(2) Moreover, I don't think that you use SK to make a multi-class Beast Master/Cleric for yourself, do you? You will most likely go for Stalker/Cleric. wink.gif My point is that some kits' disadvantages are less important than others and you will go for those kits.

(3) Lastly (and most importantly), "having a Kit" means "specializing even further". For example, a berserker is not only a fighter but also a berserker. Meaning he is doubly specialized. Now, a multi-class character (having divided his concentration and devotion between classes) is not even fully specialized in the mother-class (fighter class in this case). How do you expect him to specialize even further and have a kit?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.