Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA 1st runthrough.
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Some Fat Guy
So I just downloaded IA because it sounded interesting and fun, and it has been so far. But after a while I started noticing things not working properly. First it was just a general slowing down. Things became sticky and unresponsive. Then other things began happening. Someone would begin to cast a spell, then suddenly the spell icon would disappear from in front of them and the spell would never fire, for no apparent reason. I am playing multi-player with my protagonist and one custom Npc with four Bioware Npcs. I have EoU, The Four, and IA v5 installed. That's it. I see no reason for there to be bugs. If anyone could give me some insight it would be appreciated. Thanks.

SFG
Sikret
QUOTE(Some Fat Guy @ Mar 19 2009, 03:53 AM) *
Someone would begin to cast a spell, then suddenly the spell icon would disappear from in front of them and the spell would never fire, for no apparent reason.

Are you sure that you don't have the same problem without IA installed. What you described seems to be a serious problem in your game's mechanism which doesn't have anything to do with IA or any other mod.

You will probably need to install the entire game afresh:

- BG2
- TOB
- TOB official patch
- Baldurdash Fixpack 1.12
- Acceptable components of EoU
- Improved Anvil (after applying the hotfixes, which can be found in the first post of the pinned progress report for IA v6 topic).
Some Fat Guy
I would think the same thing, Sikret, except that all my other games are running flawlessly, and it only started after I played IA for a couple hours. I have save games from before I installed IA and they work smoothly and have no bugs, it is only my IA game that is running poorly.

SFG

P.S. I know that a game that wasn't started with IA on will prolly develop clashes and bugs later on, but the point is that they run smoothly, while my IA game runs poorly.
Sikret
Well, if it was caused by IA, others would have the same problem too; but you are the only player who has reported such a problem. Do what I suggested above and hope that the problem will be solved.
Some Fat Guy
Well, before I try the full blown reinstall I will try just uninstalling IA. So I have a question: How do I remove the non-weidu fixpack that you recommend for the mod? I have uninstalled EoU, IA and The Four but I don't know how to uninstall the fixpack. Thanks.

SFG
Sikret
Baldurdash fixpack cannot be uninstalled without uninstalling the game. Uninstall the game and install it again; the fixpack will be removed as well.

EDIT: I edited and changed the topic's title, because the original title you had chosen was misleading.
Some Fat Guy
Thanks for the help, Sikret. By the way, the mod looked awesome, at least the parts of it that I saw.
Raven
Although you have to start the game in multiplayer mode in order to create custom characters, it's best to transfer the save file from the mpsave folder into the save folder once you've got the game started and play the game in single player mode. The multiplayer mode has a few weird problems, probably nothing to do with what you experienced but it's worth doing anyway when you've finished reinstalling everything.
darkjeshush
Yup, try what Raven says. I get the same thing on my computer when I play in multiplayer mode. It slows down to nearly frozen, and then recovers and some spells/movements are instantly done, and then crashes when there's too much going on. It has nothing to do with IA, just a computer that's not leet enough for the extremely poorly designed multiplayer mode. No problems in singleplayer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.