Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The uselessness of UAI in IA?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Hidd
I am planning a runthrough with IA v5, but before I do I'd like to be enlightened to some of it's tweak so I don't plan out a lot of characters that later on doesn't work out. For example, I was trying out a F/T/M with UAI just recently, and the first thing that struck me is that most items aren't even importable by SK. Hence I can't really try it out myself. However, some items are, and when I tried equipping the Eternal Melody and Amulet of Hades, those items would instantly find their way back into my inventory. In fact, the only item that actually worked on my planned F/T/M was the girdle of cloud giant.

First of all, I assume this is intended for those items. My question is is that is the deal with every character-specific item in the game. I recently read a thread about soloing the EDE and someone had tried it with a no xp-cap F/T/M (much like the one I had in mind) and claimed to have used the Judgment Day, which reads in it's destription that it should not be usable by that class.

So, I would like to know which of the following items that a F/T/M can assamble and use;
  1. Judgement Day
  2. Eternal Melody
  3. Memory of the Apprenti
  4. Improved Boots of The Ranger Lord
  5. Grandfather of Assassins +5
  6. Nature's Gift/Elven Ancient Expertise/Potion of Superior Mentality
  7. The Truth
  8. Jansen Adventure Wear
And yes, I am fully aware of the fact that this mod is planned for being played by a full-house party. I am however not in the mood for that right now, although I am sure I will try it out whenever I feel like another serious run. This time around I just want myself (1/2 chars) to be wickedly strong while facing the hardest fights available through modding.

Also, is there any way to override this put-in-backpack-thing? I know it's there for good intentions, but if there was a nice override file which would remove them I would gladly use it.

Thanks in advance,

Hidd
LZJ
Judgement Day
Eternal Melody
Memory of the Apprenti
Improved Boots of The Ranger Lord
Grandfather of Assassins +5
Nature's Gift/Elven Ancient Expertise/Potion of Superior Mentality
The Truth
Jansen Adventure Wear

Of these, only the Grandfather of Assassins can be wielded by a F/M/T. Drinking the potions will lead to certain adverse consequences if you are just using UAI to do so (not of the correct class). The rest cannot be wielded in IA v5, but I think they could in IA v4.2. In fact, you would not be able to even get the components for Judgment Day, and would be highly unlikely to forge the Cloak of Apprenti in IA v5 with your current F/M/T protagonist.
Hidd
QUOTE(LZJ @ Jan 4 2009, 05:41 AM) *
Of these, only the Grandfather of Assassins can be wielded by a F/M/T. Drinking the potions will lead to certain adverse consequences if you are just using UAI to do so (not of the correct class). The rest cannot be wielded in IA v5, but I think they could in IA v4.2. In fact, you would not be able to even get the components for Judgment Day, and would be highly unlikely to forge the Cloak of Apprenti in IA v5 with your current F/M/T protagonist.

Well, that's both good and bad. It will make the runthrough more difficult, but it'll save a lot of time and effort now that I only have to make the grandfather, the dragon lord, the improved gaxx and the cloud giant girdle. Also it'll leave some content - items and battles - for the next runthrough, the "serious" one. The grandfather was the weapon I wanted the most, anyway. Judgement day seems nice, but constant improved haste and tripple assassination feels slighty better. I'll have 25 str anyway and as a mage I don't really need those buffs anyway.

Now the only question that comes to mind is if this mod affects the vanilla items as well, but I guess I can find that out pretty fast in SK. Oh, and one other that I suppose is mostly directed to the mod's creator; is there a CLUAConsole commando for the Judgement Day fights? Like in the solaufein mod you can face the Elipse party at anytime by CLUAing the creature "SolaSpy1" into the game.

Anyway, thanks for the quick answer. smile.gif Too bad they made UAI so worthless in this version. I suppose I'll have to do with classics such as the Sanchuu. We'll see. From here on I'll be writing my questions in the nice question topic I managed to overlook when I wrote this.
Sikret
QUOTE(Hidd @ Jan 4 2009, 08:17 AM) *
And yes, I am fully aware of the fact that this mod is planned for being played by a full-house party. I am however not in the mood for that right now, although I am sure I will try it out whenever I feel like another serious run.

Then, I strongly recommend that you postpone playing the mod to when you are in the right mood to play it the way it is intended to be played.

Not only we do not offer any cheating helps, solo-runners and cheaters are not even welcome to post their journals here in IA's main forum. If you feel the need to play this mod with cheats/exploits or even with cheesy methods, this mod is not for you and uninstalling it is the best recommendation I can offer. Return when you are ready to play it plain and fair with at least 5 party members and with no cheating requests. We'll be certainly glad to meet you back at that time.
Hidd
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jan 4 2009, 01:02 PM) *
Not only we do not offer any cheating helps, solo-runners and cheaters are not even welcome to post their journals here in IA's main forum. If you feel the need to play this mod with cheats/exploits or even with cheesy methods, this mod is not for you and uninstalling it is the best recommendation I can offer. Return when you are ready to play it plain and fair with at least 5 party members and with no cheating requests. We'll be certainly glad to meet you back at that time.

I wasn't asking for cheating help, I was asking for a CLUAConsole command to trigger an otherwise unreachable fight. However solo-runners are welcome, well that should be a matter of preferance, no? And I am not a cheater or cheeser, I don't use the rift device, force talk, scrolls from simulas, triple triggered tensers or even multiple Assassionation HLA on thief multi or dual-classes. The only cheating I will do is a no XP cap and possibly a faster avatar to get through it a little quicker. (vampire, shadow thief.)

But yeah, I can see your point and the dislikement of people not playing the mod the way it was intented after all the time you put into it. I'll be back later when my 6-man party is closing in on the EDE. smile.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(Hidd @ Jan 4 2009, 08:16 PM) *
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jan 4 2009, 01:02 PM) *

I wasn't asking for cheating help, I was asking for a CLUAConsole command to trigger an otherwise unreachable fight.

Well, when a battle is not available to a certain class, it is intended not to be available.

However solo-runners are welcome, well that should be a matter of preferance, no?
As the mod's creator and the person who knows about this mod more than anyone else, I tell you that Improved Anvil is not soloable without cheating. So, my dislike of solo-runners is directly linked to my dislike of cheaters. If someone tells you that he has soloed IA to the end without cheating, be 100% certain that he is lying to you. Of course, I agree that even cheating is a matter of personal preference but only if the player plays for himself and doesn't show up here in these forums to write about his play-through.

But yeah, I can see your point and the dislikement of people not playing the mod the way it was intented after all the time you put into it.

Thank you.

The point is that when you agree to play a mod, you agree to play it the way it is intended to be played. This is the minimum respect a player can show towards the mod's creator for all the time and energy he has put to create the mod.
Hidd
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jan 4 2009, 07:01 PM) *
As the mod's creator and the person who knows about this mod more than anyone else, I tell you that Improved Anvil is not soloable without cheating. So, my dislike of solo-runners is directly linked to my dislike of cheaters. If someone tells you that he has soloed IA to the end without cheating, be 100% certain that he is lying to you. Of course, I agree that even cheating is a matter of personal preference but only if the player plays for himself and doesn't show up here in these forums to write about his play-through.

Oh, of cource I won't try and help people by telling them how I beat a challenge if I used an xp cap remover, neither will I perceive is as I have actually beaten the mod at all. That would just be stupid. The only time I will perceive is as if I have beaten improved anvil is if I play this mod alone. Such items as Sanchuu and Eclipse weapons is incredibly cheesy and I think they can match some IA weapons.

I just want a feel of the overall mod before I play a serious playthrough. If I have understood it correctly the EDE is the (or one of the) hardest battles in the world of modded BG. I don't want to spend hours and hours on a mediocre party and then fail that challenge due to not knowing enough about the mod. And that experience is definitely something I can gather during a quick solo run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.