Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deeper than Underdark - Maze problem
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Nominar
Hi there. I've been playing this mod for some time now and I have to say it is very good. I've encountered a problem in the maze in Underdark and because of it I cannot finish the maze (and thus I get stuck in it). The problem is that whenever I enter a specific area in the maze I lose control over my party (the interface disappears and it's like the game is 'waiting' for something to happen). The mouse cursor is nowhere to be found and if there are enemies in the area they just stand there idle just like my characters and I have to Alt+F4 my way out of the game. The game isn't paused; the characters move their bodies (like when they are normally standing idle). I'm playing a multiplayer game and I discovered I can actually bring up the interface by pressing 'T' (talk, only in MP) but that really didn't help, I still have to Alt+F4 my way out of the game.

The area (actually areas, happens in multiple areas) in which the problem occurs seems to be somewhat random, like it randomizes whenever I enter the maze from the beholder area. But once I'm in the maze the problem persists in the same areas (that is, when I load a save that has been created AFTER I enter the maze the same areas are bugged).

I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't change anything.

This guy seems to have the same problem (third post in the topic): http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=4267.

I'm pretty sure my installation is correct. I'll attach my WeiDU log and a screenshot showing what happens.
Sikret
IA doesn't have such a bug; that much is certain. Perhaps the banterpack you have installed tries to do something upon entering the new areas and interrupts IA's cutscenes. Uninstall the banterpack and return to a saved game before entering the beholder lair and see what happens. If it doesn't solve the problem, start a new game.
Nominar
I uninstalled the Banter pack and loaded a save before entering the beholder lair. The bug is still there. Is there nothing you can do to help me? I really want to fight the dracolich sad.gif I don't want to start a new game, really don't have time and patience for that. At least I enjoyed the mod while it lasted.
Sikret
At least, start a new game and teleport there to see if the problem is solved or not.
Nominar
OK so I startet a new MP game, CLUAed to the beholder lair, Ctrl+Y'ed the baddies and yeah, the problem persists (although the bug is in other areas of the maze now). There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with my game.
Nominar
Hmm, just started a new SINGLE player game, CLUAed to the maze and no area of the maze is bugged. It appears that this bug is somehow only present in my multiplayer games.

Now I ask: Would you consider it cheating if I move through every area in the maze by using CLUAConsole? I'd only do it because my game is broken and it's the only way I know of to get past this bug. I know it might brake some scripts when entering an area normally, but if I can finish the maze quest with minimal (and possibly no) bugs then I think I can accept that. Please bear in mind that I am no cheater and I'd only use cheats in this specific broken part of my game.

Please, if someone could just tell me if he thinks it is OK to use CLUA in only this specific instance, I'd be grateful. As I've already said, I really don't have time nor patience to begin anew in a SP game.
Sikret
Had you cut your saved game from the "mpsave" folder and pasted it into the "save" folder after creating your party and starting your game in the first place? If no, try this with your saved game before entering the beholder lair as a last possible solution to your problem. Cut and paste it from mpsave folder into save folder and then run the game in single player mod and load that saved game.

If it doesn't work, then go for moving between areas using the console command. But first, try that solution as it is certainly much safer.
Nominar
Wow, I didn't even know that was possible. I did it and the bug seems to be gone. And what's even better is that my game is much faster now (it was a bit laggy playing actual multiplayer).

Thanks alot for the help Sikret, I really appreciate your good and fast feedback.

EDIT: You might want to add it to your readme (if you haven't already) that playing multiplayer might cause some bugs on some computers. smile.gif
Sikret
I'm glad to hear that the problem is solved; and you're most welcome smile.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.