Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some thoughts and a (possible?) bug
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Nominar
Hi there. I'm new to IA so please be kind smile.gif. I've played some other tactial mods. I've had no problem with SCSII/Ascension/Some parts of tactics so I thought I'd try something new. Actually what got me really interested (among many many other things) is NO BLOODY MULTIPLE CHEATING SPELL IMMUNITIES from enemies. I got through all the fights in my previous run-throughs so multiple SIs aren't that much of a problem there but still, the enemy is cheating. I dunno really if I'm a good tactical player or not and I've heard that IA is the hardest one out there. That's why I ask you if my party, which I intend to play with, stands some chance against what I'm about to face. My characters are (4 custom made, 2 NPCs):

Sorceress - Protagonist
F/M multi
Berserker
C/R multi

and then I'll probably take Valygar and Nalia (haven't got to that point yet though). I decided to take Nalia over Edwin because he doesn't get an item upgrade, unlike stated in the FAQ: "Yes, all of the joinable NPCs who have such specific items will be able to upgrade their personal items". Why doesn't he get an upgrade? Well we all know that his amulet is already overpowered in vanilla but still, Nalia's ring becomes better with the upgrade.

And now a more serious question. It could be just my particular install or a bug (dunno, that's why I'm asking). When I'm in the Adventurer's Mart there's a Knave's Robe for sale which my sorceress CAN'T use. I CLUAed in a Robe of the Neutral Archmagi (my protagonist is true neutral) ONLY to check if this was universal, and yes she can't use that one either. The description says "Usable by: Mage (single, dual, multi)" and not sorcerer but I've played sorcerers before and don't remember them not being able to use robes. Which sucks, because they can't wear anything else. And what got me really thinking is that in the new items' document it says that Memory of the Apprenti is Usable by: Mage (single class), and not sorcerers or what?

Is it a bug in my installation or intended to nerf sorcerers or something (which I really don't see a reason for)? I did everything that the Installation file told me (BG2 -> ToB -> ToB Patch -> Baldurdash 1.12 -> Ease of Use (not all components) ->IA V5) and well yes I installed 2 other mods afterwards which are Pocket Plane's Banter Pack and G3 Romantic Encounters. Here's my WeiDU log.

CODE
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters
... (All contents of romantic encounters)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #50 // Cernick's Confession, by Cal Jones

Could those two banter mods really be the reason for my sorceress not being able to use robes? And again, is Memory of the Apprenti only usable by single-classed mages?
Nominar
Uhh, nevermind the bug. Just started a new game with a new sorcerer and she can wear robes. Funny.
Sikret
Hi, Nominar!

Quote from the Installation document:
If you accidentally install a mod after Improved Anvil, you will need to amend the order of installation. To do this, uninstall Improved Anvil and then install it again. Hitting the RE-install option will not do. You will need to uninstall Improved Anvil completely and install it afresh to make sure that it is installed after all other mods.

And start a new game after doing this.
Nominar
Hi, thanks for the reply. Should IA always be installed last?

EDIT: Oh sorry, should have read the Installation document. But what about my line-up, should I change something?
Hideous the Wu Jen
QUOTE(Nominar @ Nov 22 2008, 05:47 PM) *
But what about my line-up, should I change something?

Instead of your R/C I would make a Ranger and then dual him as soon as possible to Cleric. Since it's a lot harder for multiclasses to level up in IA you won't have as many spells and the Greater Restoration will come very late if you only take a R/C multiclass. You look good on melee anyway with the F/M, Berserker and Valygar. thumb.gif
Nominar
Yeah I'd forgot about the changes on XP tables. Made a dual instead, thanks alot for the tip!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.