Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BG1 Easytutu and Improved Anvil (in)compatibility
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
doe791
Hi, I just bought the 4 in 1 DVD package and planning on replaying the whole Baldur's Gate experience starting with BG1. For that, I have installed EasyTutu and a slew of other mods (totalling about 20). I have generally followed the tutu mod compatibility page here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...amp;#entry69139

Now, when it is time to hop in BG2, I would very much like to play is with Improved Anvil. However, I have seen that it is incompatible with some other mods (including BG2 Fixpack) that I am going to use for Easytutu BG1.

So, I guess I will have to play through BG1 and TotSC with one set of mods, and then uninstall everything and install Improved Anvil after. Is there an easier way around? Will I be able to transfer my character from BG1 to BG2? Do you have any recommendations for me?

Cheers.
Ardanis
Weidu mods (including G3BG2Fixpack) can be uninstalled. In addition to this you can prior to installation of Fixpack backup dialog.tlk, chitin.key, Override folder; once Tutu conversion is done and Fixpack is uninstalled restore those.

I personally prefer to keep a copy of clean SoA+ToB+patch installation, even if it takes extra 3GB of space on my harddrive. Whenever a need arises I merely drink a tea and wait for ~3GB to be copied.
Daulmakan
QUOTE(doe791 @ Sep 26 2008, 06:55 AM) *
Now, when it is time to hop in BG2, I would very much like to play is with Improved Anvil. However, I have seen that it is incompatible with some other mods (including BG2 Fixpack) that I am going to use for Easytutu BG1.

BG2 Fixpack in itself is incompatible with Easytutu. Easytutu already comes with all the needed fixes.

QUOTE(doe791 @ Sep 26 2008, 06:55 AM) *
So, I guess I will have to play through BG1 and TotSC with one set of mods, and then uninstall everything and install Improved Anvil after. Is there an easier way around? Will I be able to transfer my character from BG1 to BG2? Do you have any recommendations for me?

Easytutu is completely separate from your BG2 install. Once you have Easytutu you can perfectly have both of them installed.
doe791
Thank you both.
Sikret
Hi, doe791!

QUOTE(doe791 @ Sep 26 2008, 11:25 AM) *
So, I guess I will have to play through BG1 and TotSC with one set of mods, and then uninstall everything and install Improved Anvil after.

Cheers.

Yes, this seems to be the best course of action, because if the fixes Easytutu applies to the game are copied from G3's fixpack or (even if not directly copied) they have the same nature of changes G3's fixpack applies to the game, then Easytutu will also be equally incompatible with IA.

Cheers

EDIT: Sorry, after considering this case a bit more, I'm not sure that even the abovementioned solution will work with guarantee. I added an entry about importing BG1 characters to BG2 to the mod's F.A.Q. in the forum. If you are playing a normal BG1 installation, you can certainly import your BG1 character to BG2 and play IA without any problems, but if you are using Easytutu, it's best if you start your BG2 game with a new character.
Daulmakan
QUOTE(Sikret @ Sep 27 2008, 02:18 PM) *
Yes, this seems to be the best course of action, because if the fixes Easytutu applies to the game are copied from G3's fixpack or (even if not directly copied) they have the same nature of changes G3's fixpack applies to the game, then Easytutu will also be equally incompatible with IA.

Easytutu doesn't touch the BG2 install. It only copies its resources to a separate directory (which is why it has to be applied to a vanilla BG2 installation to avoid issues for the Easytutu BG1 game itself).

Easytutu is incompatible with Improved Anvil simply because they're meant for different games.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.