Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auramaster Strategy
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Raven
It'll be a while before I start (let alone finish) the second part of the Auramaster Strategy article, but I wanted to ask for suggestions for sections to include. The first part really dealt with only spells and is kinda a list of various spells and combinations. There's much more to consider at high level (level 14+) and I was planning to structure the article more carefully, for instance including a section about the kit's special abilities, as well as one dedicated to selection of 7th level spells, and probably a whole section about the various uses of the Aura Cleansing spell. Is there interest as well in things like orders to pick HLA's? Or is this obvious/too subjective to warrant covering?

Any feedback is appreciated smile.gif.
LZJ
My opinion is that a section on the selection of 7th level spells would be useful (like when to memorize Ruby Ray, Creeping Doom, Aura Cleansing or Perfect Camouflage). Perhaps you can also include a section on tactics when facing certain types of enemies, like high-level mages (SI:A & SI:D), the Improved Spiders, Skeleton Lords/Warlords/Grandlords or other high-MR fighters, and the Auramaster's role when facing Golems or Grave Liches, which he/she cannot directly affect?

I think that there could be a sub-section on when to use the Commune with Nature spell as well... the Auramaster generally has rather low hit-points, so players might not know the optimal timing to trigger the high regeneration rate from this ability (I'm not talking about using this when facing Demiliches, a no-brainer smile.gif )
Sikret
Suggestions for composing a new HLA table for Auramasters (different than other druids) will also be most welcome if you think that it can be a good idea.
Raven
QUOTE(LZJ @ Aug 31 2008, 03:04 AM) *
My opinion is that a section on the selection of 7th level spells would be useful (like when to memorize Ruby Ray, Creeping Doom, Aura Cleansing or Perfect Camouflage). Perhaps you can also include a section on tactics when facing certain types of enemies, like high-level mages (SI:A & SI:D), the Improved Spiders, Skeleton Lords/Warlords/Grandlords or other high-MR fighters, and the Auramaster's role when facing Golems or Grave Liches, which he/she cannot directly affect?

I am yet to meet an enemy an auramaster cannot directly affect wink.gif. But I know what you mean. I am less sure about including tactics for specific enemies, but yes I should definitely mention information about enemies with (for instance) high magic and fire resistance.

I think that there could be a sub-section on when to use the Commune with Nature spell as well... the Auramaster generally has rather low hit-points, so players might not know the optimal timing to trigger the high regeneration rate from this ability (I'm not talking about using this when facing Demiliches, a no-brainer smile.gif )

Yes, will do. Thanks for the suggestions smile.gif.
Shadan
Personally I would be interested if you have found any usage of auramaster in high end fights like Orcus, Twisted Rune, ToB (Yaga, Oasis), but mostly agaisnt those golems and rakshashas... And well, what can do an Auramaster in EDE?
Vuki
I am also eager to see how you use the auramaster on high level. Cernd has a very important role in my party (he is my arcane caster at the moment), so I am really interested in any advice!
SpellStorm
My guess is that an Auramaster can still be useful against the undead hordes of Orcus or against Rakshasas by using powerful summons like Elemental Princes or Shambling Mounds from the Staff of the Woodlands.
Sikret
QUOTE(Raven @ Aug 31 2008, 04:56 PM) *
I am less sure about including tactics for specific enemies

I concur this. It's best to concentrate on general tactical hints rather than specific battles, because you don't want your article to reduce to a report of a few specific battles, which doesn't fit well with the article's name.

Nice reports of specific battles are also welcome, but this is not the purpose of your "Auramaster Strategy" article if I'm not wrong.
Shadan
QUOTE(SpellStorm @ Sep 1 2008, 08:07 AM) *
My guess is that an Auramaster can still be useful against the undead hordes of Orcus or against Rakshasas by using powerful summons like Elemental Princes or Shambling Mounds from the Staff of the Woodlands.

Elemental Princes are weaklings against high levele enemies. They cannot even damage them mostly. I would like to know how to use Raven his auramester in those fight because I found auramaster less and less useful in my 4.2 game as I progrssed in the game.
LZJ
I concur this. It's best to concentrate on general tactical hints rather than specific battles, because you don't want your article to reduce to a report of a few specific battles, which doesn't fit well with the article's name.

Heh heh. After reconsidering, I agree. Specific tactics would be too spoilerish.

However, I would really like to read about how Raven uses Auramasters against Enemies with high Fire resist and high MR which cannot be lowered. There are quite a few of such enemies in high-level IA encounters. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.