Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Watcher's Keep Problem
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
cru
At first i'd like to thank Sikret for creating this mode and improving it more and more, i really like playing this mode in the past and will surely be happy after playing v5 of the mod.
Anyway my problem is that the game crashes when i try to enter the 1st lvl of the keep. At first i had a problem that they were casting hold person spells and that wasnt matter for me till i try to enter the keep, and then i search the forum and uninstall the mode put that baf file and install it again. The priests stop casting hold person but my game still crashes due to it may not be related to the scripts of those. Below is my weidu log;
---------------------
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Happy: NPCs won't fight with each other or leave the group.
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB
--------------------------
I choose a blade char to be the leader of my party and in the party i have anomen , valgyar, jan and edwin. I also made some changes on anomen making him wizard slayer dueled to cleric ( instead of simple fighter ) and valgyar to archer. I hope these changes are not the cause of my problem. Again thanks alot for the mod:)
Kerkes
It may be due to class changing, tough I'm not sure. It is mentioned in some posts here you shouldn't SK NPCs to other classes, at least Valy, Keldorn, ANomen and some other perhaps, dunno cause I don't use it. Altough, I'm curious why make Valygar an archer? He's much weaker as an archer + he won't be able to use his equipment. I think your log file is ok
Sikret
Hi, cru!

Welcome to BWL.

My guess is that you didn't instal your mods on a totally clean installation of the game. Perhaps, leftovers of some old mods you had before have already corrupted your game.

Uninstall all of your mods. Then do a clean installation of the game followed by TOB official Patch and Baldurdash fixpack v1.12; then install your mods (the same mods in your current WeiDu.log file).

Before installing IA, make sure to download and apply all of the fixes in the forum. Their links can be found in the first post of the "Progress Report for IA v6" topic.

You will need to start a new game.

And yes, don't tamper with NPCs' classes and kits to be at the safe side. smile.gif

cru
Actually i didnt have any other mods installed, my Bg2 was fresh.
I change the npc kits because i like to play with familiar guys (at least they talk with each other) rather than custom created ones.
By the way Kerkes, i want to play with an archer and and Valygar was the only one that fits into this role ( he is a ranger at least), also if i created a custom archer he shouldn't have used Valygar's items too:)
I got another question, i dont like creating the game in multiplayer, when loading it takes some time to select the portraits and then press ok, if i create the game in multi and put it into single player via save games will this also change something that may affect the game ( may be item loses), if not i can try that way
Arkain
Personally I didn't experience any problems after "converting" the game from MP to SP this way. But that doesn't mean that there couldn't be some.
Kerkes
isn't minsc a ranger too?
creating a mp game for custom npc - I believe this is actually recommended if you're not happy with original game npcs. I personaly went with 4 customs, never encountered any problems, got all items I wanted
Sikret
QUOTE(cru @ Aug 13 2008, 03:04 AM) *
Actually i didnt have any other mods installed, my Bg2 was fresh.

Then, I don't have the least idea what may have caused that problem in your game.

I got another question, i dont like creating the game in multiplayer, when loading it takes some time to select the portraits and then press ok, if i create the game in multi and put it into single player via save games will this also change something that may affect the game ( may be item loses), if not i can try that way

It's safe and won't cause any problems.
lroumen
I've had similar problems a few years ago and it turned out it was my ancient laptop that didn't have enough discspace to copy the files to the cache, so they became corrupt (and some bcs files were corrupt).

Some ideas on how I fixed things:
1. Try normal BG2 without IA.
If it crashes with normal BG2, then it's either your installation or you have a corrupt area file or bcs file related to the area (could be possible if the cd is scratched. I was happy that mine was intact and it was my laptop that was to blame).

2. Copy the .are file from the cd to the corresponding cddata folder or override folder. Try again.

3. If that fails, it may be the .bcs file that points to a creature file that does not exist. Have someone send you the correct one. Try again.

4. If a movie is supposed to start and you don't have it on your pc, it'll try to take it from the cd, but if it's not in the drive, the game will crash. I can't recall whether there is a watcher's keep movie when you enter the first level, so this is probably not the problem.

If all of these don't fix the problem, then I don't know either and then you're probably better off asking this in the technical forum.
cru
I think it is no related with improved anvil like Iroumen said, i had the same problem after uninstalling the mod. Guess i need to install the game again but it takes much time. Thanks anyway guys for all the replies and kindness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.