Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lich in the door district
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
jhinault
sad.gif I have difficulties to win against the lich in the crypt of the Door District. My group are :
My pc-Sorceress
Callisto T'sarren (from the mod The Undying)-Berserker
Yoshimo-Bounty hunter
Jaheira-Warrior/druidess
Minsc-Ranger
Anomen-Warrior/priest
What can I do to win against her ?
Raven
Assuming you're talking about the lich behind the hidden door in the Crooked Crane, it's a very powerful and dangerous enemy. What level is your party? Could it be that you just need to gain a few more levels before trying it?
geh4th
This might just be newbie inexperience talking, as I've not had the pleasure of facing this opponent yet...

But isn't having just one Arcane spellcaster cutting it rather thin for dealing with high-level magic-using opponents? I assumed that two are needed at minimum.

Of course, I could well be wrong.

G-
Raven
QUOTE(geh4th @ Jun 30 2008, 03:55 AM) *
But isn't having just one Arcane spellcaster cutting it rather thin for dealing with high-level magic-using opponents? I assumed that two are needed at minimum.

Two certainly aren't 'needed' but could make things easier. Certainly Yoshimo is not particularly useful in an IA party, perhaps jhinault was going to switch him for Imoen later.
Jon Irenicus
If you still have yoshi, it means you haven't even gone to spellhold, then i am pretty sure your probably not even lv 15 with your main char.So my advice is this; forget that battle until late chapter 6.Also with only 1 arcane in your party your in for some very frustating but doable troubles ahead.
Vuki
Which one is stronger: this lich or Lavok? I ask because I just finished the battle against Lavok and I plan also to get the Ring of Gaxx.

Btw, the battle was really funny. Treefolk's Arm is really a very powerful weapon at that stage of the game (my main character is a currently 13th level sorcerer, all characters are self-made PCs). It was really strange that Lavok has never used Remove or Dispel Magic. Sikret, if you maybe would like to make this battle harder then it is an easy way to allow/force Lavok to use it.

Update: Ohh, and btw, I did not use Ruby Ray of Reversal! smile.gif
Jon Irenicus
Lichs are stronger than lavok since they can't be breached, so you will just to suck it up unless you get lucky and disrupt their PfMW.A good spell for bashing them is the lv 7 clerical spell holy word,it gives them 50% spell failure.Also its weird that lavok didn't used remove magic, i remember that with me he casted at least more than 3 times.

The ring of Gaxx ins't on this lich by the way.Lichs aren't that difficult when alone, if you use the above tactic for example.So this quest shouln't be that difficult until you hit gax's demi-lich form.When i already did it i only had the twised rune left to do in SoA so it was quite easy, but at your level it still think its way too early for that.You don't have all your figthers equiped with +4 weapons at the very least right?Also gax casts remove magic and imprisonment all the time and has quite a bit of damage resistance copuled with regeneration, so keep that in mind before going there.

This particular lich in the gate district is a grave lich, meaning he will cast at the start of the battle silence on all your party since its a really close space your in, and theres nothing you can do save vs that effect,only the char with the amulet aran linvail gives you that gives immunity to silence will 1 of the your chars escape the effect.You won't be able to use neither spells nor special abillties until it ends.The grave lich lich also has imrpved casting speed, and we attack you in melee between casting spells, his melee attack has a dispel effect with means any buffs your figthers that are near him when struck by him will be gone.
Vuki
I have killed Kangaxx several times but not in IA. As I know his demilich form has no unlimited Imprisonment but he has other spells too. I have a barbarian which is a good guy against the demilich. smile.gif

Thanks for the info about the grave lich! I was not aware that this topic is about the lich in the gate district I read it as bridge district. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.