Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How is the test going on for the TSIACPatch?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
tobiasdouglas
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 3 2008, 05:47 AM) *
Yes, they are different. You need to install the non-weidu one (unless you plan to play a TS-IA combo; but the latter will also require the TSIA-Compatibility Patch, which is not publicly released yet and is currently at testing stage).

Hi Sikert,

Any public word on the beta test for this patch?
Sikret
Hi, tobiasdouglas!

The test had three major parts;

1- TS's relatively powerful items and how they affect the game's balance.
2- Baldurdash WeiDu's differences with the non-weiDu Baldurdash and how it should be modified to ensure that it won't create problems with IA.
3- Valygar's romance's problems.

Hoppy was the tester for the first two aspects of the test and another tester was testing the third one (= Valygar's romance). Hoppy did a very fast game-play and now we can announce the first two aspects of the test are completed. The third tester, however, faced and unexpected problem with his computer and had to quit testing midway. Now, I will have to ask Hoppy to start a new game again to test Valygar's romance with my modifications to the romance's timers. The problem with Valygar's romance in TS is that lovetalks occur with long delay and the romance somehow presupposes a certain quest order. It assumes that the player defeats Shade Lord in chapter 2 (or 3). The romance begins only when you kill Shade Lord. In a pure TS game, the player can defeat Shade Lord rather quickly at the beginning of the game, but when you play IA, Shade lord is not an easy prey. So, when you defeat Shade Lord you are almost ready to go to spellhold soon afterwards. But now, if you go to spellhold before Valygar's 16th lovetalk, the romance will be halted again and since the delay between lovetalks are long, it means that you will need to kill time in Athkatla for ages without proceeding the game to chapter 4 and wait for Valygar's 16th lovetalk to trigger. In short, this romance presupposes a bit too much about when the player will kill Shade lord and when will decide to proceed to spellhold (I beleive that Vlad should eventually fix these flaws in Valygar's romance directly in TS).

The solution I consdidered was to shorten the time between Valygar's lovetalks to (at least) ensure that the player won't need to stay idle in chapter 3 for a century before going to spellhold. I have applied these modifications to the romance and will send them to Hoppy in the near future. Then, we will need to wait for Hoppy to test them.
Spike
Hi Sikret,

currently i'm planning an IA+TS run. Any news about the release of the patch?

Btw, what can i do to make Yoshi an useful IA char? Normally, i don't like to use SK.

Greetings
Spike
Raven
QUOTE(Spike @ Jul 26 2008, 10:18 AM) *
Btw, what can i do to make Yoshi an useful IA char? Normally, i don't like to use SK.

Dual classing into fighter will make him somewhat more useful.
Sikret
Hi, Spike!

QUOTE(Spike @ Jul 26 2008, 01:48 PM) *
Any news about the release of the patch?

The TSIA Compatibility Patch requires IA v6. I will release the patch immediately after releasing IA v6. Till then, you can't play TS and IA together.

But if you have the time and desire to join the testing team to test the TSIACpatch with IA v6, you will only need to send me a PM smile.gif .

Cheers
Hoppy
@Spike,

Raven is right to Dual-Class Yoshi and I did it at level 11 which was probably too late as it made things quite difficult in my testing play. However I skipped a lot to go to Spellhold and I was testing Sime's romance. Once Yoshimo fulfilled the dual-class requirements though, he was very good ally. Especially for the 5 person party part of Kara-Tur. Also, I used Sime and Anomen after chapter 3 with Kachiko, Yoshi and Nalia and that worked really well with IA's battles.

I am glad I was able to devote a lot of time to the first test as we got a lot accomplished in regards to some incompatibilities between IA/TS/Baldurdash-1.66. I think I can play all of the Kara-Tur content blindfolded! tongue.gif

Unfortunately, real life and work have taken up a lot of my time to do my second test and check Valygar's romance since IA is demanding for me. Hope you can join the testing team!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.