Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Appending existing dialog file
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Valiant
Hi folks,

I would have another stupid question (comparing to time I already spent in IE forums). How can I append existing dialog file to suit my needs? Ok, to be clear, here it is. Let´s say I have an NPC and I want it to start talking with captain Brega (or whatever was his name) near Athkatla Bridge District Gate (the one who was glad when you finished tanner quest). How should I proceed with both custom NPC dialog file and captain´s dialog file. Is there anything like tutorial somewhere?? I wasn´t able to find it in Tutorial section, so I´m asking here. Short tut would be nice if provided...

I never need to know this stuff, because I always worked with dialogs NPC or game character <-> PC...

Thanks smile.gif
Sir_Carnifex
Assuming you just want to have the NPC talk to the guy (Lieutenant Aegisfield) without PC interaction, you'd just use a chain starting with your NPC. Aegisfield's DLG file is INSPECT. So you'd just use INSPECT as a banter file. I'm fairly new to this myself, but based on everything I have learned, that's how I'd do it.
Valiant
Right you are. CHAIN it will be, then. But I was mistaken. Where is Chief Inspector Brega located?? I haven´t play BG2 for a long time...
Razfallow
Councel Building (Ar1002)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.